To COVID vaccine, or not to vaccine?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
You need to think your reply through there.

Put your thinking head on, if those who died yesterday had been vaccinated then...the is an extremely high probability they and would have ended up in hospital and they would not have died.

Yes, a lot of treatments/surgery has been postponed, that is truly awful but what would you suggest the way forward is there? I'm a retired nurse, wife left retirement and went back working hot wards back in March and the hospitals are the busiest she's seen in her forty year career.

When people do the right thing and get vaccinated hospital covid admissions will drop and we can get the 'normal' services back to normal.

We need to empty covid beds and to do that we need to dramatically reduce infection rate so just take the shot in the arm and help make things better, don't refuse the jab and drag things out.

As for the government messing things up? I agree, they have but we also as individuals need to take on some of the blame, if we had all stuck to the rules as advised we'd not be in a big a mess as we are now. Did you need to go to the pub? Did you need to go out for a meal? Did you need to pop down your mates? Come on, its not just the government at fault here WE ARE too; we need to stop deflecting all the blame and admit we did not do enough ourselves at times.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Had my Oxford jab today. I’m 30 years old, hoping it doesn’t effect fertility I’m just panicking about silly things x

Reactions: 3
Had the Pfizer vaccine earlier today. Feeling fine so far, arm just a bit stiff but nothing major. The nurse giving the jab was very informative and answered all of my questions.

Haven’t grown a tail yet. 🤞🏻 😝

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Had my Oxford jab today. I’m 30 years old, hoping it doesn’t effect fertility I’m just panicking about silly things x
Theres absolutely no scientific basis for the rumours that it does effect fertility. Please don't panic

Had the Pfizer vaccine earlier today. Feeling fine so far, arm just a bit stiff but nothing major. The nurse giving the jab was very informative and answered all of my questions.

Haven’t grown a tail yet. 🤞🏻 😝
That comes the morning after 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I’ve had the Pfizer this morning, feel fine apart from a sore arm where the needle went in. The hub was excellent, all nurses and proper medical staff. We were watched like hawks afterwards for fifteen minutes in case we had a reaction, but no one I saw did.

Reactions: 6
Hospital my wife is based at has vaccinated thousands now and guess how many had a reaction? 0, nil, none, nada :)

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Lots of my family and friends have had the vaccine now (first doses although mum has her second booked for 2 weeks time) and so far aside from sore arm and headaches in a couple of them they’ve had no side effects. All have had the phizer one.

Reactions: 4
I had the Oxford yeateday... never felt so bad in the night & today... really bad aching legs nausea headache chills & fever.... think I’ve had every side effect going hoping I improve over the next few days!

• Sad
Reactions: 6
I get my second dose of Pfizer next week. Only side effects with the first dose was a sore arm for 48 hours. I've heard a lot of people only have a sore arm with the first dose but can have mild flu like symptoms after the second dose. I was worried if I didn't have any side effects was the vaccine still working? I knew it would but sometimes you just need reassurance and I found it after a quick Google.

If I don’t have any reaction to either shot, is the COVID-19 vaccine still working?
Yes, it's still working. Everyone reacts a little differently to every vaccine. For some people, their reaction is no reaction. But your immune response is still building and the COVID-19 vaccine is still working.

I get my second dose of Pfizer next week. Only side effects with the first dose was a sore arm for 48 hours. I've heard a lot of people only have a sore arm with the first dose but can have mild flu like symptoms after the second dose. I was worried if I didn't have any side effects was the vaccine still working? I knew it would but sometimes you just need reassurance and I found it after a quick Google.

If I don’t have any reaction to either shot, is the COVID-19 vaccine still working?
Yes, it's still working. Everyone reacts a little differently to every vaccine. For some people, their reaction is no reaction. But your immune response is still building and the COVID-19 vaccine is still working.

You’re lucky you’re still getting your 2nd shot at the recommended time, mine is 10 weeks away! Like you I only had a sore arm and have heard the second one can be a bit worse, I’d be interested to hear how you get on. Not that I have to worry about my 2nd until April which seems like a lifetime away :rolleyes:

You’re lucky you’re still getting your 2nd shot at the recommended time, mine is 10 weeks away! Like you I only had a sore arm and have heard the second one can be a bit worse, I’d be interested to hear how you get on. Not that I have to worry about my 2nd until April which seems like a lifetime away :rolleyes:
I'll report back. Yes, I realize how lucky I am to be getting it in the recommended time frame. I'm in America and we're following Pfizer's recommended time frame. Has there been data released showing an impact with extending the 2nd doses in order to allow more people to get a 1st dose? Have more people been able to get a first dose of Pfizer? Or is the Oxford vaccine being used more? The Pfizer one is tricky due to storage concerns so I always think of that as being more of a hospital based option.

I’ve heard the Johnson & Johnson single dose data will be ready next week

Last edited:
Had the Pfizer jab yesterday. Today my arm is aching and stiff, I have a sore throat, headache and stuffy nose. I was told all of these things might happen. Not expected back in work until tomorrow night so hoping I’m feeling better by then but otherwise I’m ok.

Reactions: 1
In regards to fertility

I understand being worried about fertility. As women were told constantly that our chances decrease significantly by our 30s. With fertility though you really don’t know until you start trying to become pregnant. You may be able to get a physician to run some tests for peace of mind for the future but most will tell you not to worry about. We also need to remember that becoming pregnant is a science, it really is. A lot of things need to line up for it to happen. The only thing I’ve seen about COVID and reproduction is that a COVID infection may impact men’s sperm count.

Reactions: 1
I had the Oxford yeateday... never felt so bad in the night & today... really bad aching legs nausea headache chills & fever.... think I’ve had every side effect going hoping I improve over the next few days!
Thankfully any reaction you had that was actually caused by the vaccine is very very rare, miniscule amount of folk affected to your described level...your special :)

Thankfully any reaction you had that was actually caused by the vaccine is very very rare, miniscule amount of folk affected to your described level...your special :)
Our trust has that that many staff being ill the first day after the vaccine that HR have had to issue a email saying that it will not go down as sickness but as covid related sick

Reactions: 2
Our trust has that that many staff being ill the first day after the vaccine that HR have had to issue a email saying that it will not go down as sickness but as covid related sick
Do you think some people may just have been taking advantage of that though? Knowing they could have a sick day and it doesn’t go on their record. I know everyone is really burnt out and it wouldn’t surprise me if some people told a white lie and exaggerated their side effects.

Reactions: 4
Do you think some people may just have been taking advantage of that though? Knowing they could have a sick day and it doesn’t go on their record. I know everyone is really burnt out and it wouldn’t surprise me if some people told a white lie and exaggerated their side effects.
You probs get the odd ones pulling the fast one but from personal point of view , my staff who came back to work on day 2 , you could genuinely see they were still under the effects 48 hours later but had gotten through the worst of it

• Sad
Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.