To COVID vaccine, or not to vaccine?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don’t think this is correct. Out of 10 people I know who’ve had it, 5 felt like tit for 24 hours! Lasted only that but it’s definitely not rare and very common
That’s put me at ease a little.... my friend had it & also felt awful.. I’m 30 years old. None of my elderly customers have suffered seems to be us young ones 🙈

Reactions: 1
That’s put me at ease a little.... my friend had it & also felt awful.. I’m 30 years old. None of my elderly customers have suffered seems to be us young ones 🙈
I had it and felt completely fine! I think it’s pot lucky really! All 5 feel a lot better now and litreally lasted 24 hours and they will definitely get their 2nd jab! Hope you feel better soon!

I had it and felt completely fine! I think it’s pot lucky really! All 5 feel a lot better now and litreally lasted 24 hours and they will definitely get their 2nd jab! Hope you feel better soon!
Thankyou 🙌🏻 I don’t want another day like today so hoping I’ve improved tomorrow!

The elderly have suppressed immune systems so they wouldn't have as big a reaction as their younger counterparts

The elderly have suppressed immune systems so they wouldn't have as big a reaction as their younger counterparts
Ah right that’s interesting to know? Feeling slightly better than yesterday still achy and tired though!

Reactions: 2
How do you know ?
Wife is a Nurse, all of them had the jab, none of them had anything more than a sore arm at the injection point which is common with IM injections so either this thread is only attracting the tiny minority who have felt a bit rough or people are looking for symptoms and letting things get out of proportion.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Wife is a Nurse, all of them had the jab, none of them had anything more than a sore arm at the injection point which is common with IM injections so either this thread is only attracting the tiny minority who have felt a bit rough or people are looking for symptoms and letting things get out of proportion.
How would your wife know how they felt the day after ? some symptoms don't appear till then like any vaccine.

Reactions: 5
That doesn’t really make me feel much better about how I’ve felt definitely havent dramatised my symptoms.

How would your wife know how they felt the day after ? some symptoms don't appear till then like any vaccine.
Exactly I felt fine then about 8 hours after my vaccine I started feeling bad x

Reactions: 5
She'd know, nurses are a close group and love a bit of gossip, the word would go round soon enough LOL The only comments doing the round are no side effects and just a bit of soreness at the injection point.

Last edited:
I've heard it's a mixed bag on reaction.
I know nurses and carers who had had mild symptoms like an achey arm, to 24 - 48hrs of feeling fluey.
The extreme elderly seem to be coping the best with just a sore arm, but my poor MIL felt awful. She's 72 and still works and is generally a fit lady (arthritis aside). She ended up in bed for a day with flu symptoms and couldn't eat or move. Day 2 she got up but still felt rubbish, day 3 she went to work for a few hours and felt slightly better and day 4 felt more herself. I'm really worried about her having the second jab (she had the Oxford one) because she loves alone and I've heard the next jab can be worse effects than the first

Reactions: 4
She'd know, nurses are a close group and love a bit of gossip, the word would go round soon enough LOL The only comments doing the round are no side effects and just a bit of soreness at the injection point.
Ah , so you’re only including the nurses your wife knows in this I thought you meant people in general, that would be impossible .

Reactions: 2
Guess your wife’s bunch is different from our bunch up here 😂😂

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Does anyone know the difference between these two vaccines? I’ve had the Oxford one and like I said yesterday I felt awful today I feel better but I’m very tired & achy. From what I know seems to be effecting younger people more as everyone I look after have been fine yet young girls I know haven’t been ok x

Does anyone know the difference between these two vaccines? I’ve had the Oxford one and like I said yesterday I felt awful today I feel better but I’m very tired & achy. From what I know seems to be effecting younger people more as everyone I look after have been fine yet young girls I know haven’t been ok x
Yes, my gran who is 85 had it and she got a very mild headache and that was it - she's not even 100% that the headache was vaccine related as she gets them anyway! I wonder how the responses are so varied.

I’ve been working on the covid vaccine clinics and the general consensus is that those who have the Oxford react worse after the first compared to the second, and those with the Pfizer react worse after the second. When I say react I mean feeling sick, headaches, tired etc. Obviously not a sweeping statement but that’s what we have seen so far where we are :)

I’ve been working on the covid vaccine clinics and the general consensus is that those who have the Oxford react worse after the first compared to the second, and those with the Pfizer react worse after the second. When I say react I mean feeling sick, headaches, tired etc. Obviously not a sweeping statement but that’s what we have seen so far where we are :)
Thankyou for replying to me! I was going to say... I read after the second vaccine you feel worse but I honestly felt awful after the first one! Nausea headache fever chills & my legs were killing. A nurse also told me that having bad side effects means that it is working well! (How true that is I don’t know) x

What do you mean I’m special? 😂
totally OT, but this reminds me of being in primary school and having nit checks, anyone who turned out to have nits was told that it was probably because nits loved nice clean hair :LOL:. hope you are feeling better!

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.