To COVID vaccine, or not to vaccine? #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It's hopeful though.

Screenshot_20210410_172539.jpg

The difficulty is, is that it's been hard to show in real life because we have social distancing measures so they need to be sure it's due to the vaccine not those. But as I've said before the early data is showing some real promising effects. It's really exciting to see it coming out.

Reactions: 3
It's hopeful though.

View attachment 523128

The difficulty is, is that it's been hard to show in real life because we have social distancing measures so they need to be sure it's due to the vaccine not those. But as I've said before the early data is showing some real promising effects. It's really exciting to see it coming out.
Hopeful in as much as they protect from serious illness and death but that will only be determined once the world starts moving again and how long they actually protect people for , it’s still very much up in the air.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
And that's the problem, children can pass it on which means the sooner they get vaccinated the better, however it's well known that parents are not allowing their children to have a vaccine which bothers me.
Not a chance in hell will my child be getting vaccinated.

Sorry that bothers you so much.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 18
That just says that when they know the true effect of the vaccine on transmission, they can review the need for face masks and other measures. But the data coming through is promising.

As yet it's not known which is what I said it's still being studied.

In fact - now you’ve angry faced my comment. I’m not sorry it bothers you.

Anyone demanding kids should receive these vaccines need their heads testing.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 20
At what point would you consider that adults and children will stop being 'guinea pigs'?
For me - years. And I mean years down the line.

Studies show that children are not the super spreaders some people like to think they are. So for me - the risk outweighs the benefit. Until there are long term studies and data showing the vaccines are safe - mine won’t be having one.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Opinion has changed since last year when it was revealed children and young adults WERE superspreaders but from articles published this year indicate that they are not superspreaders. However these are only studies and there is nothing definitive yet, that could take a while longer.

Some influencers like naomi Jane adams have received the vaccine early and promoting but not labelling as and ad

For me - years. And I mean years down the line.

Studies show that children are not the super spreaders some people like to think they are. So for me - the risk outweighs the benefit. Until there are long term studies and data showing the vaccines are safe - mine won’t be having one.
The current evidence does appear to bust the 'super spreader' theory but so far there is nothing to suggest that children do not spread the virus at the same rate as adults. It's difficult to say that that the benefits outweigh the risks until we know what are the benefits and risks. That is why various studies into the possibility of vaccinating children are underway or are planned.

I am mainly interested in the idea that people being vaccinated now are "guinea pigs". Clearly the studies and data produced so far are not 'long term' enough for some, but will those produced after another year, or two, or five or ten be sufficient? Will even those prove that long term effects won't develop after after 20, 30, 40 years? And how many people need to receive the vaccine to prove it's safe for everyone?

• Heart
Good point. I hadn’t thought of that.
We should ask cupcake as her job is in the care sector.
You should have tagged me Dolly... although this time I can't help as I'm not inside the homes anymore.
I do though know someone who has very tight links with some GPs and as soon as they were released his GP friend said that he wouldn't be taking the mrna vaccines and didn't feel comfortable giving them either. He personally felt it was morally wrong as he took an oath to 'do no harm' and there wasn't enough evidence on side effects before administering to the general public.
I'm not sure if that has something to do with GPs not taking personal responsibility, I suspect its more likely to be because you can't sue anyone if it goes wrong though

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I think people are wary of these new vaccines because of the HPV vaccine and the Swine Flu vaccine.
Both these were rushed and not put through the 3 - 5yr trials that are normally required. Side effects came out years after having the jabs.

No, I'm not anti vaxx!! And I don't believe many who don't want to take the covid jab are either. I think its right to research, especially with brand new medicine and one of them being brand new technology.
We need listen to qualified people.. not only the government scientists, all scientists, because not all agree - they never have and will! It's only in covid times that any Dr not towing the line gets shut down (which speaks volumes to me)

At the end of the day it's our right to question and choose what we want in our bodies - well it used to be, but thats becoming harder now
My children had all their vaccinations apart from these two..im definitely pro vaccine but especially the swine flu one was rushed in imo. i spoke to a locum Dr at my surgery when going for an unrelated appt. he gave the NHS bit all safe etc but as I left he said parent to parent my children didn't have it !

My eldest daughter decided not to have the HPV one herself after doing some research and my youngest was due hers last year. i still had reservations about it but i got called up 3 times by the team dealing with it they were extremely pushy and dismissed my concerns about one if the side effects (Guillian Barre syndrome) saying they'd never heard of it as if I was some hysterical parent. they sent home vaccine details with my daughter..there in the list of possible side effects there it was! So she clearly hadnt even read the document herself or didnt actually know that much about what she was giving people. i spoke to friend with a daughter same age she also felt they were being very pushy with it as she had also refused it down to concerns.

I will have the covid vaccine as i came down with it last year and I have never been that ill before and i never want to get that bad again! (not that keen on being given the Moderna jab though due to the massive % of side effects!)

I agree its becoming harder to exercise your right to refuse what you want put into yours or your children's bodies!

Reactions: 7

You sound like a really great mother/father 😊
Personally I wouldn’t sign my dog up for an experimental vaccine, never mind my child.
If I was signed up by my parents, as a child, to have an experimental vaccine and developed problems as a result, once I became an adult I’d sue the fuckers 🤣

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
Both me and my partner will have the vaccine (I'm already fully vaccinated). As for my children, it's up to them. I'll treat it as I have done all the other vaccinations they have had. For my youngest we will make the decision, this will rest on the effects it has on preventing transmission etc. For my older two they can make their own decision. My eldest did that with the hpv, read around, got all the info and decided to have it. If she had decided not to have it, I'd support her decision.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Hi, new poster here ☺. I had my second Pfizer vaccine yesterday, I’ve got a really bad headache and feel quite nauseous. I’ve got completely different side effects from the first one, where I had a temperature and muscle aches. I was told that this might happen though, and I’m still glad that I’ve had it 😊.
My SIL’s Mum said she had the same after the second jab. She had no side effects with the first. Hope you feel better soon.

My SIL’s Mum said she had the same after the second jab. She had no side effects with the first. Hope you feel better soon.
Thank you 😃. I actually feel completely fine now, it took me about a week to fully get over the first one so I've not been as bad the second time round, which is what most of my colleagues have said as well x

Hey everyone,

I’m in my mid-20s, and just received my second dose of Astra Zeneca vaccine! I’m a little (really anxious) now about side-effects. Not much point in being nervous now I know, but hey!I had really bad side-effects to first vaccine, that went away within 24 hrs (apart from a sore arm).

we’re people better / worse after their second vaccine?

thanks

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.