To COVID vaccine, or not to vaccine? #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve had my second Astra Zeneca,

First dose: pretty bad side-effects- including migraines, very high temperature, chills / sweating. I could hardly move my body! This only lasted around 5 hours though.

second dose (yesterday): so far, some chills (but granted it was -5 degrees here yesterday). And tiredness when I woke up, and a sore arm. I’m very happy.

I’m a bit concerned as I’m relatively healthy female mid 20s. But what I said was that if I’m worried about the blood clots, I may as well treat myself to a few lottery tickets, and focus on my happiness and winning that, as there’s a similar chance for each 😂
Thanks..I think im gonna prepare myself for some similar feelings to covid ! if its just temporary its preferable to ever getting covid again!! xx

Reactions: 1
As previously posted, a few weeks ago, I was sceptical as to whether I’d have the vaccine or not. I’ve since had time to read many articles on the blood clot issues etc.

Suffice to say, the window opened for over 45’s yesterday, I booked my jabs yesterday online and had my first AZ vaccination at 16:15 today. Quick, efficient and painless.

Lets see if I get any side-effects. I’ll certainly be taking paracetamol to work with me tomorrow but the one thing I won’t be doing is bragging on social media that I’ve had the jab, unlike 99% of people on my friends list who seem to think it’s a badge of honour or something….

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
As previously posted, a few weeks ago, I was sceptical as to whether I’d have the vaccine or not. I’ve since had time to read many articles on the blood clot issues etc.

Suffice to say, the window opened for over 45’s yesterday, I booked my jabs yesterday online and had my first AZ vaccination at 16:15 today. Quick, efficient and painless.

Lets see if I get any side-effects. I’ll certainly be taking paracetamol to work with me tomorrow but the one thing I won’t be doing is bragging on social media that I’ve had the jab, unlike 99% of people on my friends list who seem to think it’s a badge of honour or something….
I don't think people see it as a badge of honour, more another step to normality, thats how I view it anyway. Every person that gets the vaccine is protecting me an my family and moving us closer to a normal life.

Re the CVST blood clot issue, apparently a new study out suggests that both Pfizer and Moderna carry a similar risk as the AZ vaccine and all 3 carry a substantially lower risk than covid itself.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
I don't think people see it as a badge of honour, more another step to normality, thats how I view it anyway. Every person that gets the vaccine is protecting me an my family and moving us closer to a normal life.

Re the CVST blood clot issue, apparently a new study out suggests that both Pfizer and Moderna carry a similar risk as the AZ vaccine and all 3 carry a substantially lower risk than covid itself.
Really? I was wondering if it might have had something to do with the media / Brexit. However the type of clots found in AstraZeneca were formed differently than the x2 possibly found in Pfizer.

Some things never change.... your sense of humour.... :p
I have no sense of humour.
On the other hand, a quick look at the DNA* section of my file shows clear signs of the Silly Gene. Which was an idea for a song title but Mr Simmons did not see the funny side and it got nicked by that Jackson bloke who claimed the end result was because of a typo by his PA who had been picking their nose at the time.

Derivative Nonsense Appendix

• Haha
Reactions: 2

Oh trust me, people on my wall have been “willy-waving” their vaccination cards on their posts and smugly virtue-signalling to the point where it put me off having the jab for quite some time. Why do I need to know if Fred Bloggs has had his jab? People just need to do what they need to do personally.

My card is at the back of my wallet and that’s where it’s staying until my second jab - not a camera in sight! 😂

My family know I’ve had the jab but that’s it. Surely it’s a personal choice?

Side effects kicked right in at around 2pm, 22 hours after the jab. Where I’d had little to no discomfort on my arm, I suddenly got a very sore ache in my arm that spread by the time I got home from work. Extremities are cold and running a slight temperature. Slept for a couple of hours on the couch and have not long woken up with every joint aching!

Gonna have dinner soon and go to bed as I’ve got an early start at work tomorrow.

Reactions: 2
I had my second Pfizer vaccine two weeks ago today. I was on my period when I got the vaccine and 2 weeks later still it hasn’t stopped 😭 there’s some growing anecdotal evidence that the jab can affect your cycle - there’s a study being run by the University of Illinois into this that you can contribute to if you notice any symptoms:

Reactions: 3
I had my second Pfizer vaccine two weeks ago today. I was on my period when I got the vaccine and 2 weeks later still it hasn’t stopped 😭 there’s some growing anecdotal evidence that the jab can affect your cycle - there’s a study being run by the University of Illinois into this that you can contribute to if you notice any symptoms:
There were a lot of Israeli women complaining about their cycles being affected they were investigating ithttps://www.haaretz.com/israel-news...irregular-menstrual-cycles-bleeding-1.9550291

I've been offered the vaccine but declined. My hubby reluctantly had it and I'm proud of him. Kinda scared speaking out as I seem to be in the minority and feel piled on or cancelled when I've given my side. I'm late 40's and have some autoimmune conditions but just feel I don't have the reassurance they are safe as non have been tested on those with autoimmune conditions. They are only temporarily approved for a year and can be pulled at any time of they reach their threshold in fatalities/side effects like the rare blood clots.

Yes COVID could be potentially a life sentence for me however I've been doing lots of research from reputable sources over a long period of time. It's not so much the side effects but the long term issues which I don't think people are thinking about as they just want their life back. I've had every vaccine going however they are still paying out for the Swine flu vaccine for Guilliane Barr Syndrome and children with narcolepsy as it was rushed through which I didn't know at the time.
A close friends cousin works in making the vaccine says there absolutely will be long term side effects but they don't know what or when. Infertility is a possibility and he's refused it as he is planning a family.
There's also evidence that the efficacy of any of the vaccines isn't great with those that are immune compromised and it's stated on the Moderna factsheet. Those that have had antibody tests after show little to no uptake of the vaccine. I know I probably will have to get it but I'm biding my time.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I'm 2 weeks post Pfizer 2 and been feeling SO exhausted this week (work possibly not helping lol) but also had some arm twangs. Anyone else had the same?

I'm 2 weeks post Pfizer 2 and been feeling SO exhausted this week (work possibly not helping lol) but also had some arm twangs. Anyone else had the same?
I had my second Pfizer about 3 weeks ago and I do randomly get a feeling of my arm being dead/weak - it doesn’t ever last long. To be honest it could also very easily be a pulled muscle from the gym and unrelated to the jab. I’m also always exhausted (even pre jab) so I have no idea if that’s related! I haven’t noticed it being particularly bad since I’ve had it.

I had my second Pfizer about 3 weeks ago and I do randomly get a feeling of my arm being dead/weak - it doesn’t ever last long. To be honest it could also very easily be a pulled muscle from the gym and unrelated to the jab. I’m also always exhausted (even pre jab) so I have no idea if that’s related! I haven’t noticed it being particularly bad since I’ve had it.
Yeah the arm twinges don't last long but I do notice. I was tired before due to work but now I'm exhausted and falling asleep as soon as work ends. Hoping it's just a short spell of it all kicking in lol

I'm probably going to get shot down for this but reading through all the comments I wanted to add something

I've read about people having side effects but are they always because of the jab
And also, I thought people were a lot tougher ....

I sometimes have a headache when I wake up maybe I didn't drink enough the day before
I sometimes have arm ache
maybe I've been lifting heavy things, been working out, been using that arm a lot
My hands and feet are sometimes cold or I get the shivers
But I just put on extra clothes or do something to get warmer
I sometimes feel tired or exhausted or ache
This is normal life and can be because of a number of things

Yes I get people are saying they had some/all of the above after their jab but do you not get these things now and again anyway. In life and just shrug them off and carry on ?

I have been bought up to be resilient, to be strong and not to let a sniffle take me to my bed and be off work. Maybe I'm being harsh and I apologise but I do sometimes think that things get blown out of proportion. And it scares people.

I've had a flu jab , a different flu jab every year for goodness knows how long, yes my arm felt heavy for a couple of days after, but why wouldn't it, it's had a bloody great needle jabbed in it (it doesn't hurt) but I've been fine.
I've had immunisations, foreign holiday jabs etc and I've been fine.

Agreed I don't know if I'll be fine in the future but isn't that the risk of life itself anyway?
I'm not worried, I'm living for now. I've had my covid jab and if that protects me and allows me to live my life now then great.

No-one knows what is round the corner, no-one knows what the future holds. I'm not wasting time going on about a small pain in my arm from a vaccination to protect me , that's not stopping me from doing anything, when thousands and thousands of people have lost their lives.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I'm probably going to get shot down for this but reading through all the comments I wanted to add something

I've read about people having side effects but are they always because of the jab
And also, I thought people were a lot tougher ....

I sometimes have a headache when I wake up maybe I didn't drink enough the day before
I sometimes have arm ache
maybe I've been lifting heavy things, been working out, been using that arm a lot
My hands and feet are sometimes cold or I get the shivers
But I just put on extra clothes or do something to get warmer
I sometimes feel tired or exhausted or ache
This is normal life and can be because of a number of things

Yes I get people are saying they had some/all of the above after their jab but do you not get these things now and again anyway. In life and just shrug them off and carry on ?

I have been bought up to be resilient, to be strong and not to let a sniffle take me to my bed and be off work. Maybe I'm being harsh and I apologise but I do sometimes think that things get blown out of proportion. And it scares people.

I've had a flu jab , a different flu jab every year for goodness knows how long, yes my arm felt heavy for a couple of days after, but why wouldn't it, it's had a bloody great needle jabbed in it (it doesn't hurt) but I've been fine.
I've had immunisations, foreign holiday jabs etc and I've been fine.

Agreed I don't know if I'll be fine in the future but isn't that the risk of life itself anyway?
I'm not worried, I'm living for now. I've had my covid jab and if that protects me and allows me to live my life now then great.

No-one knows what is round the corner, no-one knows what the future holds. I'm not wasting time going on about a small pain in my arm from a vaccination to protect me , that's not stopping me from doing anything, when thousands and thousands of people have lost their lives.

I believe it's the other way around for the most part Almost everyone I have seen has said my arm hurts but that could have been.... or I am so tired but that might be because of.... it's one of the reasons reporting vaccine side effects so low .

Reactions: 5
I believe it's the other way around for the most part Almost everyone I have seen has said my arm hurts but that could have been.... or I am so tired but that might be because of.... it's one of the reasons reporting vaccine side effects so low .
Ah I'm guilty of this lol I did try having a Google for similar side effects but nothing seemed to pop up but then if folk aren't reporting (including myself in that folk) I guess that's why. It's only because I'm 2 weeks post vaccine 2. 24 hours after I had a seriously sore arm and felt fluey then was fine after a sleep. The sleepy levels this week are madness lol

• Heart
Ah I'm guilty of this lol I did try having a Google for similar side effects but nothing seemed to pop up but then if folk aren't reporting (including myself in that folk) I guess that's why. It's only because I'm 2 weeks post vaccine 2. 24 hours after I had a seriously sore arm and felt fluey then was fine after a sleep. The sleepy levels this week are madness lol
Only 1% of reactions etc are reported.
There was a lady here posting about her mum's awful fatigue but she hasn't posted about it in a while/ I do hope everything is ok.

• Heart
I can guarantee my symptoms were 💯 vaccine. I have the flu jab every year without any effects only slight swelling where the needle went in never have I ever had a jab that’s woke me from my sleep because of how rotten it makes you feel, I’m one of those people that wild horses wouldn’t drag to the doctor so I wouldn’t consider myself a hypochondriac, the opposite infact, that’s not to say I’d encourage people not to have it that’s personal choice but just to be aware of the side effects.

• Heart
Ive declined to have it. I know three people who have had adverse reactions. 2 requiring hospital treatment. ( yes these are people I know in real life ). Thanks but no thanks.

Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.