To COVID vaccine, or not to vaccine? #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hey everyone,

I’m in my mid-20s, and just received my second dose of Astra Zeneca vaccine! I’m a little (really anxious) now about side-effects. Not much point in being nervous now I know, but hey!I had really bad side-effects to first vaccine, that went away within 24 hrs (apart from a sore arm).

we’re people better / worse after their second vaccine?

thanks
I thought they’d stopped administering it to the under 60s?

I thought they’d stopped administering it to the under 60s?
Not in the UK. Only under 30s are to be offered an alternative. 20 somethings who have it had are encouraged to take the 2nd dose I believe, unless they suffered a blood clot obviously!

Not in the UK. Only under 30s are to be offered an alternative. 20 somethings who have it had are encouraged to take the 2nd dose I believe, unless they suffered a blood clot obviously!
Different advice in Ireland. This is mad. How can it vary so much between countries? It’s either safe for under 60s or it’s not!!

I was told to still go for my second dose, as I had my first one!
Apologies! I have checked and it Appears the advice is only for Ireland. Not sure what difference what country you live in makes 🙄

Reactions: 1
I think they stopped under 60s in Europe but here was under 30
Anyone thats already had their 1st vaccination will get a 2nd one though regardless of age. Looking at research, CVST can be expected in 5 of every million people and is 3 times more likely in women. Given that the UK has had roughly 1 in every million vaccinations have CVST over the last 3 months, that seems comparable to the usual statistics although we don't know how many cases there have been in those 3 months in non vaccinated people. I suspect if these vaccinations had been done over a much longer period no one would've noticed, it's only because so many people are being vaccinated in a short space of time that it has come to light. Also one of the risk factors for CVST is obesity and obese people are in the vulnerable category so a high percentage of vaccinations would've been given to people ordinarily at risk anyway.

Reactions: 3
Hey everyone,

I’m in my mid-20s, and just received my second dose of Astra Zeneca vaccine! I’m a little (really anxious) now about side-effects. Not much point in being nervous now I know, but hey!I had really bad side-effects to first vaccine, that went away within 24 hrs (apart from a sore arm).

thanks
I had bad side effects on the first jab of AZ but nothing on the second jab.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
im booked in for my vaccine next week.
im slightly nervous about side effects especially blood clots as im overweight (I suffer with health anxiety so probably overthinking!). i had covid last March and I'm worried this may cause me to get SE.
has anyone had the vaccine and had covid in the last year? ..did you get any side effects ?

How is it that some people in their 20s get the vaccine and yet here I am still waiting for my letter for my first?! Pretty shocking if you ask me.

How is it that some people in their 20s get the vaccine and yet here I am still waiting for my letter for my first?! Pretty shocking if you ask me.
Not if you give it some thought and recognise that a) they might be on the vulnerable list or b)they might be carers. There are criteria other than age that mean someone is entitled to a vaccine.

Reactions: 8
Hey everyone,

thanks
Me personally I was bad after both jabs but had the worse reaction after the second one

Because I work with some very vulnerable adults, who have complex medical conditions, who have been in shielding since the start of lockdown. Meaning for lots of people I had to even cancel face to face visits.

Last edited:
Because I’m one of the volunteers giving up my time to vaccinate you.

Reactions: 17
im booked in for my vaccine next week.
im slightly nervous about side effects especially blood clots as im overweight (I suffer with health anxiety so probably overthinking!). i had covid last March and I'm worried this may cause me to get SE.
has anyone had the vaccine and had covid in the last year? ..did you get any side effects ?
My cousin works for the NHS, and he had covid last April, and he's had both his Pfizer shots now.
He felt rough after both shots, particularly the second one, but he's completely fine now.
His arm was sore and he felt like he had the flu, he said. He felt better after a couple of days, both times.
He's in his late twenties, fit and well.
Hope this helps you 🙂

I dont know what age or vulnerability category you come under but if you are over 45 you dont need to wait for a Drs letter you can just go straight to the NHS booking site

My cousin works for the NHS, and he had covid last April, and he's had both his Pfizer shots now.
He felt rough after both shots, particularly the second one, but he's completely fine now.
His arm was sore and he felt like he had the flu, he said. He felt better after a couple of days, both times.
He's in his late twenties, fit and well.
Hope this helps you 🙂
Thank you x I will be prepared 😉

Why are you waiting for a letter if you’re entitled to the jab - just book online 🤷‍♀️
The people in their 20s have had the jab because they are vulnerable or they work in healthcare. Don’t be so bitter, there’s enough for everybody who wants it :rolleyes:

Thank you xx did you have Pfizer or AZ?
i know im having AZ as the centre im.going to only does that one.
I’ve had my second Astra Zeneca,

First dose: pretty bad side-effects- including migraines, very high temperature, chills / sweating. I could hardly move my body! This only lasted around 5 hours though.

second dose (yesterday): so far, some chills (but granted it was -5 degrees here yesterday). And tiredness when I woke up, and a sore arm. I’m very happy.

I’m a bit concerned as I’m relatively healthy female mid 20s. But what I said was that if I’m worried about the blood clots, I may as well treat myself to a few lottery tickets, and focus on my happiness and winning that, as there’s a similar chance for each 😂

Reactions: 3
Second Pfizer done yesterday. Apart from a bit of a sore arm, nothing to report. Just call me Bill Gates

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.