To COVID vaccine, or not to vaccine? #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm getting vaccinated this afternoon! So excited. I'm not sure which one I'll receive as I've put on the application form that I'm interested in most of them lol

• Heart
Reactions: 14
🤣🤣 it will become the new ‘wear a condom’ but instead of excuses of why you can’t/won’t it will be a list of ‘I don’t want to be microchipped’ ‘it’s to cull the population’ ‘I don’t need it I won’t die’
Tbh I think that's a myth, most people that don't /nervous have underlying conditions and are not ant -vaxx they're just afraid it could trigger a nasty immune response as not enough is known about it . It's all well and good healthy people citing it's because Bill Gates wants to control them via remote control that people don't want it, but when you're already on medication for health reasons most people are careful what they put into their bodies anyway Bill Gates doesn't even figure ( not aimed at you btw just a general view) .

Reactions: 18
The only people I know that are reluctant to take it are my friends and that's because they are hearing the whole 'it affects fertility' thing, but then they said if they need it to go on holiday, they would have it 🤷‍♀️

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
My appointment letter has arrived this morning! I'm group six - 16-64 with underlying conditions (coeliac disease). It's at my mum's house though as I'm still registered at a GP there even though I moved two years ago so I need to wait on her to drop it round to me to see when it is. Expecting next week based on what I know through my work.

Reactions: 6
My appointment letter has arrived this morning! I'm group six - 16-64 with underlying conditions (coeliac disease). It's at my mum's house though as I'm still registered at a GP there even though I moved two years ago so I need to wait on her to drop it round to me to see when it is. Expecting next week based on what I know through my work.
Weird how some people are getting letters and some are getting texts. I have Crohn's and got my vaccination last week. I could pretty much book whatever time I wanted

Reactions: 2
They’re getting tough on people because they won’t have a test never mind a vaccine

• Sick
Weird how some people are getting letters and some are getting texts. I have Crohn's and got my vaccination last week. I could pretty much book whatever time I wanted
I’m in Scotland and I think we all get letters up here.

Reactions: 4
I think people are wary of these new vaccines because of the HPV vaccine and the Swine Flu vaccine.
Both these were rushed and not put through the 3 - 5yr trials that are normally required. Side effects came out years after having the jabs.

No, I'm not anti vaxx!! And I don't believe many who don't want to take the covid jab are either. I think its right to research, especially with brand new medicine and one of them being brand new technology.
We need listen to qualified people.. not only the government scientists, all scientists, because not all agree - they never have and will! It's only in covid times that any Dr not towing the line gets shut down (which speaks volumes to me)

At the end of the day it's our right to question and choose what we want in our bodies - well it used to be, but thats becoming harder now

• Heart
Reactions: 56
FWIW I have had the first jab this weekend and had slightly raised body temperature later that night and sore arm, but now I feel right as rain. I spoke to family members and colleagues who have also had it already and it seems some had no side effects whatsoever and everyone else felt a little warm for a day and then felt better. Same as with flu jabs, really. Do your research, ask your questions etc. Where I went, you get asked your medical history by a clinician first so they will not vaccinate you if it’s not appropriate. Hopeully that’s the case at all centres.

I was rung by my GP receptionist and told I was booked in for Saturday - so some areas are ringing down their list of the 16-64 vulnerable people (in my case, asthma). No idea when my next jab is, but presume I’ll be contacted in the same way at some point.

Reactions: 5
The nurse asked me nothing only if I carried an epipen ,didn't even have to wait for the 15mins after .2nd shot in 10 weeks .

• Wow
Reactions: 4
I think people are wary of these new vaccines because of the HPV vaccine and the Swine Flu vaccine.
Both these were rushed and not put through the 3 - 5yr trials that are normally required. Side effects came out years after having the jabs.
I got the HPV vaccine as did my whole class in school i never heard of any side effects, what side affects did people have?

Reactions: 7
I’m in Scotland and I think we all get letters up here.
Yep. My mum, my sister and me all received letters with vaccination dates today!!

Mum and sister were expecting them soon but I figured I would be to the bottom of the queue. Yet here I have it in my hands. Less than 2 weeks. I am sat staring at the letter in disbelief.

Anyone in Scotland who sees a bright blue letter with NHS Scotland - this is not a circular. Then it’s not your smear chase up, it’s the vaccine appointment!

Reactions: 1
I was asked lots of questions, such as if I'm on certain meds, what am I allergic to and what happens to me, if I've had covid lately. I was asked more but I can't remember now

Everyone had to wait 15 minutes afterwards

Reactions: 3
I got the HPV vaccine as did my whole class in school i never heard of any side effects, what side affects did people have?
From memory thinking way back young girls were experiencing seizures amongst many other side effects. Gardasil, which was the main ingredient was recalled and they changed the jab. They've since said that as with many vaccines the risk of the vaccine outweighs the risk of cervical cancer and other STI's and that its safe, which as a mum of a daughter I can agree with as I consented to her having it. This was after the recall though... and she was fine
Many young girls have sued though.

Point is that it doesn't take a lot to make people sceptical, and these vaccines being rushed will naturally make people question things, which is the right thing to do.

When my son had the jab they asked if he'd ever had a reaction to any other vaccine.. he hasn't so had the AZ jab. I'm not sure what might have been said if he'd said he had rushed badly though

Reactions: 6
They've since said that as with many vaccines the risk of the vaccine outweighs the risk of cervical cancer and other STI's and that its safe, which as a mum of a daughter I can agree with as I consented to her having it.
Yea I think that’s true for most people, I never even knew there was a recall i got my HPV jab around 10 years ago and I was more than happy to get it. The COVID vaccine has been given to so many people that I’m not too worried about the short term side effects. I think any long term effect the COVID jab would have would be the same as catching COVID, but we won’t know that for sure. In the mean time I’m just grateful I’ll be able to travel soonish.

I was asked lots of questions, such as if I'm on certain meds, what am I allergic to and what happens to me, if I've had covid lately. I was asked more but I can't remember now

Everyone had to wait 15 minutes afterwards
A friend volunteers with the admin side and they had to refuse a vaccine for someone who refused to wait the 15 mins, despite all the warnings! A shame.

• Wow
MIL and FIL both 64 booked theirs online. I didn't even know you could do that until I saw it online!. They booked both doses.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.