To COVID vaccine, or not to vaccine? #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Nothing wrong with letting us know about the side effects, the information is useful.
I never read side effects on medicine because I'll probably get psychosomatic side effects 😆.
But you're right the more disclosed about it the better for all to make that choice.

Importantly yellow card side effects.

Reactions: 1
My jab is tomorrow at 9 am and I’m terrified! My gut is telling me don’t do it!! But my bmi is 50 ...I’m 32 and my work colleague similar size but 26 died of “covid” so I’m tit scared it was her weight that caused it!!!

I’m so so torn my head is a mess 😢😢😢 I’m buy no means anti vax my kids all have been done it’s just this one my heart is saying don’t do it!!!! 🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️
I’m in a similar situation and don’t know what to do. I’m pissed at myself for being so heavy but to be fair my friend who is healthy, perfect BMI has long COVID and has basically been bed bound and now on 11 different medications just to function (she still can’t stand for more than 10 mins). I guess we just don’t know how our bodies will react if we get COVID. I’m also not anti vaxx but we just don’t know the true effects as this is being monitored until 2023.

Reactions: 3
I’m in a similar situation and don’t know what to do. I’m pissed at myself for being so heavy but to be fair my friend who is healthy, perfect BMI has long COVID and has basically been bed bound and now on 11 different medications just to function (she still can’t stand for more than 10 mins). I guess we just don’t know how our bodies will react if we get COVID. I’m also not anti vaxx but we just don’t know the true effects as this is being monitored until 2023.
I bit the bullet and had it!!!!
Had done at 8:40 and no side effects .... so far 🤞🏼🤞🏼

But as you said who knows what the long term side effects will be?? 🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️

• Sad
Reactions: 4
I bit the bullet and had it!!!!
Had done at 8:40 and no side effects .... so far 🤞🏼🤞🏼

But as you said who knows what the long term side effects will be?? 🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️
Tbf I’ll be getting it done. I’m too anxious about getting COVID after watching a family die from pneumonia! Good luck, hope you don’t feel too rough x

• Sad
Nearly 2 weeks since my jab, today my injection site was red and a little swollen and also some discomfort, didn't last long, a few hours.

Hi, new poster here ☺. I had my second Pfizer vaccine yesterday, I’ve got a really bad headache and feel quite nauseous. I’ve got completely different side effects from the first one, where I had a temperature and muscle aches. I was told that this might happen though, and I’m still glad that I’ve had it 😊.

• Sad
Hi, new poster here ☺. I had my second Pfizer vaccine yesterday, I’ve got a really bad headache and feel quite nauseous. I’ve got completely different side effects from the first one, where I had a temperature and muscle aches. I was told that this might happen though, and I’m still glad that I’ve had it 😊.
My second hot me harder. I had a sore arm and headache for about 24hrs with my first, but the second time I was achey and had high temps for 24hrs. I could still go into work. It's been a few weeks so I have full protection and it makes me feel safer to be at work

Reactions: 2
I had my second Pfizer jab this week as well. I have felt pretty rough for 2 days after each and my arm is still sore after 4 days but like you I'm glad I've had it.

• Sad
All ages have the same risk it's only the older you are the vaccine benefits outweigh the risk ,younger people have less of a risk of dying etc from covid so the vaccine doesn't outweigh the risk for them, but everyone carries the same risk of the bloodclots regardless of sex/age or colour.
No, the benefit of the vaccine still outweighs the risk, regardless of what age you are but as there are alternatives, there is no need to use the AZ for that age group. If the AZ vaccine was the only one available then it would be used for everybody.

• Sad
No, the benefit of the vaccine still outweighs the risk, regardless of what age you are but as there are alternatives, there is no need to use the AZ for that age group. If the AZ vaccine was the only one available then it would be used for everybody.
How so ? the younger you are the less chance of hospitalisation and death from Covid so giving a child a vaccine wouldn't be beneficial as they rarely need hospital care ,there's nothing been proven on the effects of the vaccine and long covid or transmission as of yet .

• Heart
Reactions: 8
How so ? the younger you are the less chance of hospitalisation and death from Covid so giving a child a vaccine wouldn't be beneficial as they rarely need hospital care ,there's nothing been proven on the effects of the vaccine and long covid or transmission as of yet .
The vaccine does not just protect the individual receiving it, it also reduces the number of the population catching it. Children can still pass it onto people.

Reactions: 2
The vaccine does not just protect the individual receiving it, it also reduces the number of the population catching it. Children can still pass it onto people.
The vaccine is only based on the individual receiving it , it's supposed to cut your risk of severe disease it's not based on stopping transmission even if a child were to get it they can still pass it on even though their risk of severe disease is minimal...it clearly states that on the info sheet they give you with it that's why SD ,masks etc still must be adhered to.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
(re children passing it on) To a much lesser extent, if I'm reading stuff correctly. The 'young people' bracket though is as far as I am aware just as contagious as any other adult bracket though.
Either way, the stats do show vaccinated people far less likely to transmit or be contagious.

• Heart
  • Sad
And that's the problem, children can pass it on which means the sooner they get vaccinated the better, however it's well known that parents are not allowing their children to have a vaccine which bothers me.

• Angry
  • Wow
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.