To COVID vaccine, or not to vaccine? #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
As far as I am concerned, I have done everthing required of me during the pandemic. I have stayed at home, worn stupid face masks when out and about, and have social distanced to within an inch of my life. I've also had the first part of the Astra-Zeneca vaccine. So to propose vaccination passports, and home covid testing twice a week, is a step too far. Britain has become a dictatorship, and we have allowed it to happen.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Got my first dose of AstraZeneca on Sunday early mroning and was okay generally until late evening - body started aching and a skin was sore to touch. It’s now Wednesday and I’m having these weird waves of sore / light headed ness, feeling sick, feel like I have a cold coming on. I’m panicking a bit with the links between the AZ and oral contraception being mentioned in causing blood clots in young woman as I’m only 21. Should I be worried ? 😭

Reactions: 1
Got my first dose of AstraZeneca on Sunday early mroning and was okay generally until late evening - body started aching and a skin was sore to touch. It’s now Wednesday and I’m having these weird waves of sore / light headed ness, feeling sick, feel like I have a cold coming on. I’m panicking a bit with the links between the AZ and oral contraception being mentioned in causing blood clots in young woman as I’m only 21. Should I be worried ? 😭
I would ring your GP. If nothing else it’ll ease your anxiety to talk to them about it. I can totally understand why you’re panicking but try not to, it’s still really really rare.

I do know people who have been very poorly with it for a week or so. I'd ring your doctor though just as reassurance, clots are rare and out of millions of people, it's only a small number. Try not to worry. 💖

Reactions: 2
The risks of it happening is very rare
I’m 10 weeks after my first vaccine and I’m getting my second one on Saturday

Reactions: 2
My jab is tomorrow at 9 am and I’m terrified! My gut is telling me don’t do it!! But my bmi is 50 ...I’m 32 and my work colleague similar size but 26 died of “covid” so I’m tit scared it was her weight that caused it!!!

I’m so so torn my head is a mess 😢😢😢 I’m buy no means anti vax my kids all have been done it’s just this one my heart is saying don’t do it!!!! 🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️

• Sad
Reactions: 3
My jab is tomorrow at 9 am and I’m terrified! My gut is telling me don’t do it!! But my bmi is 50 ...I’m 32 and my work colleague similar size but 26 died of “covid” so I’m tit scared it was her weight that caused it!!!

I’m so so torn my head is a mess 😢😢😢 I’m buy no means anti vax my kids all have been done it’s just this one my heart is saying don’t do it!!!! 🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️
I was terrified, but risk is worth it - felt like tit for a while afterwards but I feel so relieved now.

If you have a high BMI the risk/benefits are vastly in favour of having the AZ vaccine.

Reactions: 5
Thought this was more appropriate on this thread as it lists the symptoms to look out for

I can’t figure out why people are going to the newspapers and saying they’ve had near death experiences with blood clots caused by the AZ vaccine but then saying they urge people to still have it if offered? 1) why go to a newspaper and 2) why tell people to still have it whilst scaring people shitless thinking they could end up in ICU with blood clots? 😳

I had my AZ vaccine on 21/3 and I’m glad I did but the back of my mind I’m worrying about this link to clots, mainly because I’m 25 so I fall into the category they’ve now halted the use of the AZ jab.

I can’t figure out why people are going to the newspapers and saying they’ve had near death experiences with blood clots caused by the AZ vaccine but then saying they urge people to still have it if offered? 1) why go to a newspaper and 2) why tell people to still have it whilst scaring people shitless thinking they could end up in ICU with blood clots? 😳

I had my AZ vaccine on 21/3 and I’m glad I did but the back of my mind I’m worrying about this link to clots, mainly because I’m 25 so I fall into the category they’ve now halted the use of the AZ jab.
All ages have the same risk it's only the older you are the vaccine benefits outweigh the risk ,younger people have less of a risk of dying etc from covid so the vaccine doesn't outweigh the risk for them, but everyone carries the same risk of the bloodclots regardless of sex/age or colour.

What is it you’re worried about? The common side effects, or the blood clots?

I’ve had both doses of the Astra vaccine.

Dose 1 - I had 24 hour flu symptoms, lasted exactly 24 hours and had to dose up on paracetamol to keep my temp down. Afterwards I was absolutely fine.

Dose 2 - Had this a week ago, only side effect I had that time was a dead arm.

I am 33 with no known underlining health issues, was lucky enough to get the vaccine early due to volunteer work I was doing.

Reactions: 6
I can’t remember if I posted here before so I’m sorry if I’m repeating myself! I’ve had both doses of AZ. I did feel horrible after my first jab, I was holed up in bed with a temperature that made it to 38.4 the next day with an extremely sore arm. The next day I felt more human, albeit with a sore arm, and by the following day I was fine again. I was a bit scared at the time because I didn’t realise what the side effects could be like. I’ve only ever had one flu jab once, over a decade ago, so my body isn’t very familiar with being vaccinated.
I was a little apprehensive about my second dose. By the same afternoon I started to feel a little woozy and under the weather, and the next day I had a mild headache and again felt a bit woozy and a bit like I had a heavy cold coming, but was fine by the day after that. My arm was sore again but much less so, although the milder pain lasted longer. When I went to the second jab they spoke to me about the blood clot information but I was happy to go ahead and they pointed out that a lot of things are much higher risk, like the Pill or later stage pregnancy.

I would 100% recommend getting the vaccine and if I could go back in time I would absolutely do it all over again. I might be a bit better prepared with some easy foods like tinned soup (or homemade in the fridge if I was a little less lazy!) to make it a bit easier for me to get through that one really bad day, but I wouldn’t turn it down. I cannot comprehend how awful having covid could well be, so I personally would take one day of feeling crap over the risk of ending up in hospital. I’m not trying to be evangelical, each person has a right to make up their own minds, but I want to share in case it helps someone else.

Reactions: 6
Yes everyone has the right to weigh up what's best for them ,you can have Covid and have no symptoms ,you can have a vaccine and not be protected it's the luck of the draw at the end of the day and very much personal choice I wish people would respect that without judgement.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Complete the yellow card so that side effects are recorded for this new vaccine.

Everyone make their own choices and not feel pressurised either way

Last edited:
  • Wow
I had my first AZ
Suffered with dizziness and headaches for 10 days. Arm stayed tender for 2 weeks (never had that with other vaccines).
Felt rubbish. NHS helpline said it was ok.
Completed the yellow card so that side effects are recorded for this new vaccine.

Everyone make their own choices and not feel pressurised either way
Yikes. 10 days!! Fingers and Toes crossed for the booster shot.

Yikes. 10 days!! Fingers and Toes crossed for the booster shot.
Changed my post as didn't want to freak out/mind trip others.

But found out I wasn't the only one who suffered as such!

Changed my post as didn't want to freak out/mind trip others.

But found out I wasn't the only one who suffered as such!
Nothing wrong with letting us know about the side effects, the information is useful.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.