To COVID vaccine, or not to vaccine? #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Update on my jab (taken at 16:15 on Tuesday)… around 2pm yesterday I started to feel a little dizzy and cloudy in the head…. I was at work at the time. I finished and went home and by 4pm I was asleep on the couch. Woke up with every joint aching and ice cold hands but hot head. Had some food and went to bed. Was raging like a furnace in bed (temp of over 39)… slept until 7:30 and I woke up with the aches and cloudy head and a mild temperature but not as bad as in the night. I’ve gone to work today.

Reactions: 3
Update on my jab (taken at 16:15 on Tuesday)… around 2pm yesterday I started to feel a little dizzy and cloudy in the head…. I was at work at the time. I finished and went home and by 4pm I was asleep on the couch. Woke up with every joint aching and ice cold hands but hot head. Had some food and went to bed. Was raging like a furnace in bed (temp of over 39)… slept until 7:30 and I woke up with the aches and cloudy head and a mild temperature but not as bad as in the night. I’ve gone to work today.
Glad you are feeling better.

Reactions: 4
I had the Astra Zeneca, six weeks ago now. I was told which vaccine I was getting, but there was no choice as to vaccine. I was asked a LOT of questions re allergies/ contraindications beforehand, and given a leaflet detailing possible side effects. After the jag, I was asked if I was driving, and if so to sit in a waiting area for 15 minutes.
I'm posting this because the CT thread has people saying they were given no information at all, which was not my experience, nor the experience of all the people I know who've been vaccinated ( many, by now - Scotland ). It seems those who are already suspicious of the covid vaccine then have the worst possible experience 🤔.
The next day my joints ached, and I felt cold and occasionally mildly feverish. Paracetamol helped. Side effects lasted a few days, but better than becoming seriously ill with covid.

Obviously a personal choice, but be wary of misinformation.

• Angry
Reactions: 8
Only 1% of reactions etc are reported.
There was a lady here posting about her mum's awful fatigue but she hasn't posted about it in a while/ I do hope everything is ok.
Do you have a source for this? I wonder how we can know that 99% of people who have reactions to the vaccine don't report them - if they don't report them.

Reactions: 2
I had the Astra Zeneca, six weeks ago now. I was told which vaccine I was getting, but there was no choice as to vaccine. I was asked a LOT of questions re allergies/ contraindications beforehand, and given a leaflet detailing possible side effects. After the jag, I was asked if I was driving, and if so to sit in a waiting area for 15 minutes.
I'm posting this because the CT thread has people saying they were given no information at all, which was not my experience, nor the experience of all the people I know who've been vaccinated ( many, by now - Scotland ). It seems those who are already suspicious of the covid vaccine then have the worst possible experience 🤔.
The next day my joints ached, and I felt cold and occasionally mildly feverish. Paracetamol helped. Side effects lasted a few days, but better than becoming seriously ill with covid.

Sorry but why is it misinformation?

Just because people didn’t have the same experience as you - doesn’t mean they’re lying.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Excuse me? I haven't said anyone was lying. I have suggested people be wary of misinformation, wherever it comes from - research from reputable peer reviewed sources is best, not Internet chat! And if they're unhappy with the health care provided, questions should be asked to their NHS provider. Not being given any information at all re the vaccine is not good and I am sure not the intention!

Reactions: 5
Excuse me? I haven't said anyone was lying. I have suggested people be wary of misinformation, wherever it comes from - research from reputable peer reviewed sources is best, not Internet chat! And if they're unhappy with the health care provided, questions should be asked to their NHS provider. Not being given any information at all re the vaccine is not good and I am sure not the intention!
Maybe I misunderstood. And apologies if that’s the case.

But You seemed to imply that people on the Conspiracy theory thread are some how contributing to misinformation because they are saying that they didn’t receive the same standard of care as you.

You say people shouldn’t listen to internet chat - well you telling everyone your experience is just that isn’t it? Internet chat.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Of course my experience is Internet chat - that's really my point. Everyone I know has been supplied with vaccine information; if you haven't, then follow up to find out why and what you should have. The standard of care should be consistent.

Thanks for the apology.

Reactions: 1
Maybe I misunderstood. And apologies if that’s the case.

But You seemed to imply that people on the Conspiracy theory thread are some how contributing to misinformation because they are saying that they didn’t receive the same standard of care as you.

You say people shouldn’t listen to internet chat - well you telling everyone your experience is just that isn’t it? Internet chat.
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 So I've had a glass of wine and thought it referred to Charlotte Tilbury thread (conspiracy theory) .... was thinking to meself, why they talking about the jab etc on Charlotte Tilbury chat 🤔

• Haha
Reactions: 12

I think they were saying no info before the jab , I didn't get asked anything only about allergies and then got a booklet before I left didn't have to wait 15 mins everyone's side effects are different it's not misinformation it's people's experiences .

• Heart
I've been offered the vaccine but declined. My hubby reluctantly had it and I'm proud of him. Kinda scared speaking out as I seem to be in the minority and feel piled on or cancelled when I've given my side. I'm late 40's and have some autoimmune conditions but just feel I don't have the reassurance they are safe as non have been tested on those with autoimmune conditions.
I also have an autoimmune condition and I just wanted to say I understand your position. I'm currently asking myself a lot of questions.

• Heart
I'm probably going to get shot down for this but reading through all the comments I wanted to add something

I've read about people having side effects but are they always because of the jab
And also, I thought people were a lot tougher ....

I sometimes have a headache when I wake up maybe I didn't drink enough the day before
I sometimes have arm ache
maybe I've been lifting heavy things, been working out, been using that arm a lot
My hands and feet are sometimes cold or I get the shivers
But I just put on extra clothes or do something to get warmer
I sometimes feel tired or exhausted or ache
This is normal life and can be because of a number of things

Yes I get people are saying they had some/all of the above after their jab but do you not get these things now and again anyway. In life and just shrug them off and carry on ?

I have been bought up to be resilient, to be strong and not to let a sniffle take me to my bed and be off work. Maybe I'm being harsh and I apologise but I do sometimes think that things get blown out of proportion. And it scares people.

I've had a flu jab , a different flu jab every year for goodness knows how long, yes my arm felt heavy for a couple of days after, but why wouldn't it, it's had a bloody great needle jabbed in it (it doesn't hurt) but I've been fine.
I've had immunisations, foreign holiday jabs etc and I've been fine.

Agreed I don't know if I'll be fine in the future but isn't that the risk of life itself anyway?
I'm not worried, I'm living for now. I've had my covid jab and if that protects me and allows me to live my life now then great.

No-one knows what is round the corner, no-one knows what the future holds. I'm not wasting time going on about a small pain in my arm from a vaccination to protect me , that's not stopping me from doing anything, when thousands and thousands of people have lost their lives.
Did you copy that off facebook or something?

Bloody hell.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I also have an autoimmune condition and I just wanted to say I understand your position. I'm currently asking myself a lot of questions.
I have an autoimmune condition too and decided to get it I think it's something you'll decide once your time comes to be called .

From very non-scientific observation younger people seem to be having slightly more reactions. Not as in people in their 20s, though I know two and both didn't have a great experience, but more reports seem to be creeping up each time the age group is lowered. Granted, it may just be a thing where those age groups use a lot more internet 🤷‍♀️

Three of my family members had the vaccine (both doses!) and one of them had a very bad reaction to the second dose, she was the youngest also

Granted, I'll still probably have the vaccine but I'm not sure I'd have the booster shots. Not a fan of needles and the idea of possibly having to go back more than once or three times isn't for me

Thank you I appreciate that. I had my appointment booked even though I was unsure and went with my gut feeling and cancelled. I'm so glad I did....will keep reading for now. You do what's right for you lovely.

As you are clearly talking about me, and what happened to my mum when she had her jab, I will explain (for the 100th time)
My mum is in her 70’s, she has her vaccine when they first cane out. She went to her local GP, and all the Doctor said to her, was that she may have a sore arm for a little while. My mum said that the surgery was really busy that day, and it was definitely a case of one in and one out. She was really unwell the week following her jab, but she’s ok now (apart from feeling tired a lot)
What I find incredibly disrespectful, is the fact that just because I post on the CT, that automatically means that my mum’s experience shouldn’t be believed. Because even though you haven’t actually said it, you have definitely insinuated it.
Please remember that words hurt, and I’d love to know how you would feel if it was your mum ?

ETA - She has the Pfizer vaccine

Reactions: 10
As you are clearly talking about me, and what happened to my mum when she had her jab, I will explain (for the 100th time)
My mum is in her 70’s, she has her vaccine when they first cane out. She went to her local GP, and all the Doctor said to her, was that she may have a sore arm for a little while. My mum said that the surgery was really busy that day, and it was definitely a case of one in and one out. She was really unwell the week following her jab, but she’s ok now (apart from feeling tired a lot)
What I find incredibly disrespectful, is the fact that just because I post on the CT, that automatically means that my mum’s experience shouldn’t be believed. Because even though you haven’t actually said it, you have definitely insinuated it.
Please remember that words hurt, and I’d love to know how you would feel if it was your mum ?

ETA - She has the Pfizer vaccine
It's a good job I documented my experience weeks ago otherwise it too would've been put down to misinformation ,that btw is not the case as it's only people discussing how their experience of the jab was and very obvious everyone had differing experiences going by what they posted not only on the CT thread.

• Heart
It's a good job I documented my experience weeks ago otherwise it too would've been put down to misinformation ,that btw is not the case as it's only people discussing how their experience of the jab was and very obvious everyone had differing experiences going by what they posted not only on the CT thread.
I did the same, I posted about my mum literally weeks ago!! And this is what really annoys me. So what if I’m the CT? Does that mean that we are all making this up??? The OP is more than able to look at my old posts, but don’t assume to think that everyone has had the same vaccine experience.

Out of interest, I asked on the covid thread about the info people got. Seems it's a very mixed bag. Some got no info others got lots. There are many none CT here who have had dreadful experiences with the vaccines and there are a few CT who were fine.

I had a look on another forum (DS) and seems to me those who had the vaccine earlier got the least info with the words "you might get a sore arm" Then as more got the vaccine and more got side effects that changed to "you might be poorly for a few days"

No one is right or wrong in this matter.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I'm probably going to get shot down for this but reading through all the comments I wanted to add something

I've read about people having side effects but are they always because of the jab
And also, I thought people were a lot tougher ....

I sometimes have a headache when I wake up maybe I didn't drink enough the day before
I sometimes have arm ache
maybe I've been lifting heavy things, been working out, been using that arm a lot
My hands and feet are sometimes cold or I get the shivers
But I just put on extra clothes or do something to get warmer
I sometimes feel tired or exhausted or ache
This is normal life and can be because of a number of things

Yes I get people are saying they had some/all of the above after their jab but do you not get these things now and again anyway. In life and just shrug them off and carry on ?

I have been bought up to be resilient, to be strong and not to let a sniffle take me to my bed and be off work. Maybe I'm being harsh and I apologise but I do sometimes think that things get blown out of proportion. And it scares people.

I've had a flu jab , a different flu jab every year for goodness knows how long, yes my arm felt heavy for a couple of days after, but why wouldn't it, it's had a bloody great needle jabbed in it (it doesn't hurt) but I've been fine.
I've had immunisations, foreign holiday jabs etc and I've been fine.

Agreed I don't know if I'll be fine in the future but isn't that the risk of life itself anyway?
I'm not worried, I'm living for now. I've had my covid jab and if that protects me and allows me to live my life now then great.

No-one knows what is round the corner, no-one knows what the future holds. I'm not wasting time going on about a small pain in my arm from a vaccination to protect me , that's not stopping me from doing anything, when thousands and thousands of people have lost their lives.
Some of the side effects after the injection may be stress related in some people. Like feeling hot or shaky . Add this to the immune system responding to the vaccine and that could have people feeling like rubbish

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.