To COVID vaccine, or not to vaccine? #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Any thoughts on the change in womens cycles after vaccination they don't seem to know what's causing that and as we know regular periods are important for fertility as are disruption to the endocrine system
Honestly that’s the first I’ve heard of that! How odd. 🤔
Quick google says they’re looking into it though, so hopefully they find the cause of that if it’s an issue for some people.

Reactions: 1
RE: Fertility

The short version: someone has claimed that the COVID-19 vaccines are going to cause infertility because of a shared amino acid sequence in the spike protein of SARS-CoV-2 and a placental protein, which will make the immune system attack both as it can’t tell the difference. The truth? This sequence is too short for the immune system to meaningfully confuse it with placental proteins. It’s sort of like saying that you are going to be confused with a criminal because you wear a commonly sold red bracelet that was also found on the criminal. It’s not realistic. If this were true, we would also expect COVID-19 to cause early pregnancy loss a significant amount of the time. The evidence available to us does not support that this is the case. There is no reasonable basis to believe that vaccines against COVID-19/SARS-CoV-2 will affect fertility.”

source

I can’t find the source but people on the trial were asked not to get pregnant (I think within three months(?)) but of course, accidents happen and there were pregnancies from participants. So, their fertilities were clearly not affected.

You’re avoiding... people who have had the vaccine? Good luck. I guarantee if you’ve been out in public you have walked past plenty of people who have had the vaccine.

I’ve posted some links about fertility that explain why it’s highly unlikely that it will cause any issues!
And I’m trying to find the link I came across that a spoke about pregnancies that occurred during the trials but I’m having trouble finding it. When I do I’ll post it here!
I know someone that works in creating the vaccine for Pfizer and he won't take it himself as he's planning a family. Like the Swine Flu vaccine he says there will be long term side effects but they just don't know what or when. That's why all the companies have issued disclaimers saying they can't be sued. They are still paying out for the effects of the rushed Swine Flu jag with those with Guillaine Barr Syndrome and children with Narcolepsy.
I'm past the menopause but have significant autoimmune issues where I'd rather bide my time for now.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Honestly that’s the first I’ve heard of that! How odd. 🤔
Quick google says they’re looking into it though, so hopefully they find the cause of that if it’s an issue for some people.
Yes a lot of people by all accounts ,from Israel to America seems to be reports coming from most places that have a vaccinated population and oddly even women that have been through the menopause have started bleeding again.

Reactions: 4
I know someone that works in creating the vaccine for Pfizer and he won't take it himself as he's planning a family. Like the Swine Flu vaccine he says there will be long term side effects but they just don't know what or when. That's why all the companies have issued disclaimers saying they can't be sued. They are still paying out for the effects of the rushed Swine Flu jag with those with Guillaine Barr Syndrome and children with Narcolepsy.
I'm past the menopause but have significant autoimmune issues where I'd rather bide my time for now.
I think it just completely depends on what you’re willing to risk personally. I know people who worked on the Oxford vaccine and they’re happy to take it, but they do know people who worked on it who won’t. They know there is a risk of long term effects but they also said to me that theres risks of that with most things, it just depends on whether you’re willing to risk that.

For me I’ll happily have the vaccine, I’m willing to risk it. But I don’t judge anyone who doesn’t for legitimate concerns. As long as they don’t judge or attack me for having it, anyway. It’s when they talk about the ‘mark of the beast’ that I roll my eyes 😂

Yes a lot of people by all accounts ,from Israel to America seems to be reports coming from most places that have a vaccinated population and oddly even women that have been through the menopause have started bleeding again.
Oh wow. I must’ve missed that completely. How bizarre.

I think it just completely depends on what you’re willing to risk personally. I know people who worked on the Oxford vaccine and they’re happy to take it, but they do know people who worked on it who won’t. They know there is a risk of long term effects but they also said to me that theres risks of that with most things, it just depends on whether you’re willing to risk that.

For me I’ll happily have the vaccine, I’m willing to risk it. But I don’t judge anyone who doesn’t for legitimate concerns. As long as they don’t judge or attack me for having it, anyway. It’s when they talk about the ‘mark of the beast’ that I roll my eyes 😂

Oh wow. I must’ve missed that completely. How bizarre.
You are right in that it's a self risk assessment. I am finding that as I've chosen not to have the vaccine I'm being judged, even though when I research it's from reputable sources like the BMJ and Lancet etc. It's totally understandable that people want to get back to a sense of normality after a year of absolute hell. I've had every vaccine going and like to think I'm informed and have a balanced opinion. My hubby has had it and I'd never criticise anyone that has but I worry about younger people having it.

I've also been reading about the instances of women in the US that have had issues with their cycles since the vaccine. Very interesting.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Any thoughts on the change in womens cycles after vaccination they don't seem to know what's causing that and as we know regular periods are important for fertility as are disruption to the endocrine system
(Not a scientist or a doctor!) The endometrial tissue is part of the immune system (I.e. contains immune cells) I wonder if this has anything to do with it?

• Wow
(Not a scientist or a doctor!) The endometrial tissue is part of the immune system (I.e. contains immune cells) I wonder if this has anything to do with it?
They’re puzzled as to what it is as apparently there’s reports of people bleeding from the back passage too , it’s a strange one for sure.

• Wow
Reactions: 6
This is the second time in a few days that I've seen the 'Swine Flu' (H1N1) vaccine mentioned as a reason to be worried about the side effects of the Covid-19 vaccine. I assume that this refers to cases where people receiving the Swine Flu vaccine developed Guillame-Barre syndrome, a disease which affects the nervous system.For most people this is a temporary condition and recovery takes 6 to 12 months but in about 1 in 20 cases it is fatal. Some studies could find no link between flu vaccines and GBS but others thought there was a link and found the incidence to be between 1-2 cases per million people. There is a greater chances of getting GBS from having flu itself.

We have already seen an avalanche of claims about deaths and other side effects caused by the Covid-19 vaccine. Very few have been proven although there is evidence that on very rare occasions it may cause blood clots which can of course be fatal. Again the likelihood is that you are at far greater risk of developing blood clots from having coronavirus itself.

The problem seems to be the inability of a large number of people to understand or accept all the risks and to get them in proportion. It seems they believe that they won't get Coronavirus and even if they do, they'll be fine but if they take the vaccine they are 'dicing with death'. I don't know how you deal with that.

Reactions: 9
Hi, just had my first vax (day 19 of menstrual cycle) and day 21 I started having the feeling I was going to come on- no moodiness or tears which I normally have but the bloat and mild cramp. At least 5 of my colleagues came on early too. Plus you know the way people say periods ‘sync’ with other females? I came on early last month -most of my friends were vaxxed by this time- I am NEVER early.

Think I’d advise anyone on the Pill who takes the vax to use condoms as an extra precaution as maybe it’ll render it ineffective too.

Reactions: 5
This is the second time in a few days that I've seen the 'Swine Flu' (H1N1) vaccine mentioned as a reason to be worried about the side effects of the Covid-19 vaccine. I assume that this refers to cases where people receiving the Swine Flu vaccine developed Guillame-Barre syndrome, a disease which affects the nervous system.For most people this is a temporary condition and recovery takes 6 to 12 months but in about 1 in 20 cases it is fatal. Some studies could find no link between flu vaccines and GBS but others thought there was a link and found the incidence to be between 1-2 cases per million people. There is a greater chances of getting GBS from having flu itself.

We have already seen an avalanche of claims about deaths and other side effects caused by the Covid-19 vaccine. Very few have been proven although there is evidence that on very rare occasions it may cause blood clots which can of course be fatal. Again the likelihood is that you are at far greater risk of developing blood clots from having coronavirus itself.

The problem seems to be the inability of a large number of people to understand or accept all the risks and to get them in proportion. It seems they believe that they won't get Coronavirus and even if they do, they'll be fine but if they take the vaccine they are 'dicing with death'. I don't know how you deal with that.
You always write very well balanced and concise posts. 👏🏻

Reactions: 3
Hi, just had my first vax (day 19 of menstrual cycle) and day 21 I started having the feeling I was going to come on- no moodiness or tears which I normally have but the bloat and mild cramp. At least 5 of my colleagues came on early too. Plus you know the way people say periods ‘sync’ with other females? I came on early last month -most of my friends were vaxxed by this time- I am NEVER early.

Think I’d advise anyone on the Pill who takes the vax to use condoms as an extra precaution as maybe it’ll render it ineffective too.
So strange isn't it ! there are a lot of reports of people that have not been vaxxed have this happen ,hope they find out whats causing it it could lead to bigger things .

Reactions: 3

We will need population growth because there has been a drop in births, might be intentional 😂😂😂

• Wow
Reactions: 1
'Reports' should be taken with a large pinch of salt until there has been a proper investigation. There are 'reports' that people are experiencing changes in menstrual cycles and even miscarriages as a result of just being near someone who has had the vaccine. Some of the 'reports' are from people who also 'report' chemtrails and the benefits of coffee enemas so it's probably wise to be cautious about 'reports' on social media.

There were no changes in menstrual cycles noted during the tests for the four Covid-19 vaccines. Menstrual changes have been documented as a side effect of other vaccines so it is possible that there may be link to the Covid-19 vaccine. However previous examples were short term and did not cause serious problems.

Reactions: 7

Your last paragraph could sum me up. I don’t know how to articulate things as well as you, I often find I can’t type things in a better way than I would say them out loud. But I would say I feel more worried about the vaccine than covid at the moment. I think perhaps it’s a control thing, for me anyway. I’ve got this far through without getting covid and we’ve been reassured many times that the likelihood of us getting ill or dying is minimal. I was terrified of catching it a year ago but I think over time our exposure to things reduces our fear 🤔

I feel I have more control around covid, I barely leave the house and on the times I did last year it was only to go to a restaurant where I felt completely safe. I feel once I’ve got the vaccine any adverse side effect I have would be out of my control. The media scaremongering and conspiracy theories have definitely got to me and I’m annoyed with myself about that. I’m not medically smart and when I read a lot of more scientific things about the vaccines it might as well be written in french for how much I understand. Until recently I’ve honestly never given vaccines a second thought, had all of the childhood ones as far as I know and they just weren’t something I ever thought about. I had to have a tetanus shot 11 years ago and never questioned it and still wouldn’t.

I hate that I feel this way at the moment. I feel completely irrational and can’t seem to get my head straight around any of it. There has been a lot of fear mongering and I have felt really scared. I don’t really know what I’m trying to say, just saying I’m a normal, non conspiracy, non Q Anon, non anti vaxxer who does feel scared by what they’ve read at the moment and who has got to the position you describe in your last paragraph. And I wish it wasn’t the case. I love reading things that set my mind more at ease.

• Heart

There are a lot of asymptomatic covid case too whose to say you would have symptoms ? the same way you could be one of the unfortunates that die /damaged by the vaccine there is no guarantee with anything.
'Reports' should be taken with a large pinch of salt until there has been a proper investigation. There are 'reports' that people are experiencing changes in menstrual cycles and even miscarriages as a result of just being near someone who has had the vaccine. Some of the 'reports' are from people who also 'report' chemtrails and the benefits of coffee enemas so it's probably wise to be cautious about 'reports' on social media.

There were no changes in menstrual cycles noted during the tests for the four Covid-19 vaccines. Menstrual changes have been documented as a side effect of other vaccines so it is possible that there may be link to the Covid-19 vaccine. However previous examples were short term and did not cause serious problems.
There is a proper investigation taking place two doctors in American have launched an investigation into it after experiencing it themselves ,it's on all the US news sites as was the case with Israel .

• Heart
Tbf I did mention it earlier in the thread - I was about 8 days early, two days after my vaccine, and I’ve been tracking my cycles for months before this and the app hadn’t been wrong before. Sure, it could be stress or weight loss contributing too but I do think there’s probably a link to the vaccine. I highly doubt my future fertility has been affected, but I think the immune response probably did trigger any early period 🤷🏻‍♀️ Interesting though!

Your last paragraph could sum me up. I don’t know how to articulate things as well as you, I often find I can’t type things in a better way than I would say them out loud. But I would say I feel more worried about the vaccine than covid at the moment. I think perhaps it’s a control thing, for me anyway. I’ve got this far through without getting covid and we’ve been reassured many times that the likelihood of us getting ill or dying is minimal. I was terrified of catching it a year ago but I think over time our exposure to things reduces our fear 🤔

I feel I have more control around covid, I barely leave the house and on the times I did last year it was only to go to a restaurant where I felt completely safe. I feel once I’ve got the vaccine any adverse side effect I have would be out of my control. The media scaremongering and conspiracy theories have definitely got to me and I’m annoyed with myself about that. I’m not medically smart and when I read a lot of more scientific things about the vaccines it might as well be written in french for how much I understand. Until recently I’ve honestly never given vaccines a second thought, had all of the childhood ones as far as I know and they just weren’t something I ever thought about. I had to have a tetanus shot 11 years ago and never questioned it and still wouldn’t.

I hate that I feel this way at the moment. I feel completely irrational and can’t seem to get my head straight around any of it. There has been a lot of fear mongering and I have felt really scared. I don’t really know what I’m trying to say, just saying I’m a normal, non conspiracy, non Q Anon, non anti vaxxer who does feel scared by what they’ve read at the moment and who has got to the position you describe in your last paragraph. And I wish it wasn’t the case. I love reading things that set my mind more at ease.
I'm so sorry that you feel this way. Most of us can have fears to worries that we know are not logical but that doesn't make the feelings any less real. What makes me very angry is that in the case of vaccines, I believe some of the people spreading the stories want to make others feel this way. This is one of the reasons why I try to post more balanced information.

I would never try to tell you that you should have the vaccine. All I ask is that you try to weigh up the balance of risks and that if you have concerns you speak to your GP and not listen to anyone on the internet (including me).

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
So strange isn't it ! there are a lot of reports of people that have not been vaxxed have this happen ,hope they find out whats causing it it could lead to bigger things .
had no idea about this but wondering if it’s happened to me too. I came on day 19 of my cycle (I’m normally late if anything, not early) and have been bleeding heavily for 14 days now, which is really unusual. I had other strong side effects so wouldn’t surprise me.

• Wow
had no idea about this but wondering if it’s happened to me too. I came on day 19 of my cycle (I’m normally late if anything, not early) and have been bleeding heavily for 14 days now, which is really unusual. I had other strong side effects so wouldn’t surprise me.
Sounds just like what others were reporting I’ll try and link the American report the doctors set up a period symptom checker for those in the US.

Hope this link works there’s a lengthy Twitter thread in it too https://www.health.com/condition/infectious-diseases/coronavirus/can-covid-vaccine-affect-my-period

I've had my first jab today. With the pill I take (Cerelle), I don't get periods so it will be interesting to see what happens. In the 4 years I have been on this pill, I have only had 3 very light periods. It's been heaven, I was given this was specifically because I used to be horrendously heavy and they lasted 10 days.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.