To COVID vaccine, or not to vaccine? #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It seems those who are already suspicious of the covid vaccine then have the worst possible experience 🤔.
This isn't true and is a huge generalisation. I'm on the CT thread, but I wasn't suspicious of the jab.
I worried it was rushed, but I wasn't suspicious. I didn't want it because I'm someone that doesn't even take any medication unless I absolutely have too. Everyone who knows me knows that if they see me reaching for even paracetamol then I must be dying.
I also don't agree with the coercive methods the government and media are using, but I do agree with free choice and I'm not anti covid jabs at all.
I ended up having the AZ jab, and my symptoms went on for 10 days, then they are back a few weeks later. I even posted about it on here weeks ago asking if anyone had a similar reaction.
My MIL had her jab in January when it was released to health workers. She was beside herself happy to be getting it, she didn't have one doubt whatsoever. The poor lady ended up in bed for 2 whole days and was really poorly, so your theory doesn't fit. Me and my husband live over 200 miles from her and she lives alone, so we were really worried - I also posted about that too (and that might have even been before I found the CT thread).

Regardless of where people post, their beliefs and experiences everyone deserves the right to be believed.
This year has made people so judgemental of others and its time we stopped doing that, because its never been done before.
No one would question if someone said their child had a bad reaction to MMR even though the majority dont, so why is this questioned?

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Some provinces in Canada have lowered the age for Astrazeneca to 40+ due to older people not wanting it with the blood clot stories. I have seen often the blood clots are in young women under 30 who are on estrogen pills.
I read that 1 out of 250,000 people could get a clot from the vaccine... with covid, of those who end up hospitalized, 1 out of 20 people will get a blood clot/clots and of those not hospitalized, 1 out of 100. It is hard to find the number of fatalities from those clots though linked to Astrazeneca.
My husband is eligible as he is 40 and he is not sure whether to get it or not.

Out of interest, I asked on the covid thread about the info people got. Seems it's a very mixed bag. Some got no info others got lots. There are many none CT here who have had dreadful experiences with the vaccines and there are a few CT who were fine.

I had a look on another forum (DS) and seems to me those who had the vaccine earlier got the least info with the words "you might get a sore arm" Then as more got the vaccine and more got side effects that changed to "you might be poorly for a few days"

No one is right or wrong in this matter.
I see a lot of people elsewhere, including the local Facebook group, saying that they went to the local vaccination centre and were 'in and out' in a few minutes or had to wait a certain amount of time before they could leave

No one really seems to mention that they were given information and personally the whole discussion on how quick it was makes me think that they didn't get a whole lot of information 🤷‍♀️

Granted, it's just me speculating but I wouldn't be surprised if they're leaving out the whole 'here's the possible side effects' talk to save time. I wouldn't have even known that the yellow card scheme (?) exists if it wasn't for this thread, and considering the amount of people being vaccinated you'd think they'd want all the data - even if half of it may not be vaccine related

Reactions: 5
Some provinces in Canada have lowered the age for Astrazeneca to 40+ due to older people not wanting it with the blood clot stories. I have seen often the blood clots are in young women under 30 who are on estrogen pills.
I read that 1 out of 250,000 people could get a clot from the vaccine... with covid, of those who end up hospitalized, 1 out of 20 people will get a blood clot/clots and of those not hospitalized, 1 out of 100. It is hard to find the number of fatalities from those clots though linked to Astrazeneca.
My husband is eligible as he is 40 and he is not sure whether to get it or not.
They won't know that for years until they see more red flags being raised this is the real world data they're gathering now ,we are the test subjects .

• Heart
They won't know that for years until they see more red flags being raised this is the real world data they're gathering now ,we are the test subjects .
One hundred percent true. We are the guinea pigs for a vaccine trial that was given emergency status for a virus with a 98% percent chance of recovery!!
Not only that, but the official end to the vaccine study isn’t until 31st January 2023!!

I see a lot of people elsewhere, including the local Facebook group, saying that they went to the local vaccination centre and were 'in and out' in a few minutes or had to wait a certain amount of time before they could leave

No one really seems to mention that they were given information and personally the whole discussion on how quick it was makes me think that they didn't get a whole lot of information 🤷‍♀️

Granted, it's just me speculating but I wouldn't be surprised if they're leaving out the whole 'here's the possible side effects' talk to save time. I wouldn't have even known that the yellow card scheme (?) exists if it wasn't for this thread, and considering the amount of people being vaccinated you'd think they'd want all the data - even if half of it may not be vaccine related
I think you’re right, as when the first phase started, my mum said the surgery was really busy, it was literally one in and one out, so that might be why she was only told about a possible sore arm. To be honest, I think they could have told her all the side effects, but it wouldn’t have mattered, she just wanted her life back, and she was told that this was the only way to get it.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
I have had both my vaccinations (Pfizer with a 22 day gap between doses), I am 29 and had them due to health conditions.

I was slightly nervous but no more so than I am when I start a new drug/treatment as every drug entering the body comes with a risk of reaction.

I felt absolutely fine after the first one with just a very important arm ache. I felt a bit warm the day after the 2nd vax but it didn't stop me going about my day.

Reactions: 4
One hundred percent true. We are the guinea pigs for a vaccine trial that was given emergency status for a virus with a 98% percent chance of recovery!!
Not only that, but the official end to the vaccine study isn’t until 31st January 2023!!

I think you’re right, as when the first phase started, my mum said the surgery was really busy, it was literally one in and one out, so that might be why she was only told about a possible sore arm. To be honest, I think they could have told her all the side effects, but it wouldn’t have mattered, she just wanted her life back, and she was told that this was the only way to get it.
Maybe hubs aren't as rushed as GP surgeries because of the size ? there was no prior discussion about the vaccine just the info sheet after the appointment was so short.

Reactions: 2

It's difficult to know isn't it. And maybe peoples own perception.

I'd say I was in and out ... what actually happened was, I got there early, there wasn't a q so I went straight in. They asked my details, read me quite a bit of info, gave me a leaflet to read, I asked a couple of questions .... mainly Can I have a Gin when I get home , had the jab and told not to drive home for 15minutes.
Then I left.
(Sat in my car for 10minutes after a 5 min walk to carpark, then drove home)

Probably 10minutes tops for the jab appointment but I'd still say I was in and out & wouldn't really comment on They told me this, I got some info etc unless anyone asked specifically so maybe people are thinking like that as well?

Everyone's perception is different, I do think though that if people are not being given the info/leaflet then that definitely needs mentioning & documenting although I'm not sure where 🤷

Reactions: 7

I'd say I was in and out ... what actually happened was, I got there early, there wasn't a q so I went straight in. They asked my details, read me quite a bit of info, gave me a leaflet to read, I asked a couple of questions .... mainly Can I have a Gin when I get home , had the jab and told not to drive home for 15minutes.
Then I left.

Probably 10minutes tops for the jab appointment but I'd still say I was in and out & wouldn't really comment on They told me this, I got some info etc unless anyone asked specifically so maybe people are thinking like that as well?

Everyone's perception is different, I do think though that if people are not being given the info/leaflet then that definitely needs mentioning & documenting although I'm not sure where 🤷
Not my experience ,we got to sit in the waiting room for 2 mins then the docs receptionist told people to remove their coat and have their arm ready as one person left through a separate door from the treatment room the next went in ,there wasn't even a seat in there we had to stand for the jab she showed the vial and said this is the brand you're getting do you suffer from any allergies I told her Penicillin she said no I mean that require an epipen I said no she said OK put your arm forward jabbed me and then handed me a booklet with the wallet card and an appointment for the second jab she then said I was free to go unless I was driving I left and the next person took my place ,no questionaire or info given before the jab at all and nothing to sign either.

• Wow
Reactions: 3
Not my experience ,we got to sit in the waiting room for 2 mins then the docs receptionist told people to remove their coat and have their arm ready as one person left through a separate door from the treatment room the next went in ,there wasn't even a seat in there we had to stand for the jab she showed the vial and said this is the brand you're getting do you suffer from any allergies I told her Penicillin she said no I mean that require an epipen I said no she said OK put your arm forward jabbed me and then handed me a booklet with the wallet card and an appointment for the second jab she then said I was free to go unless I was driving I left and the next person took my place ,no questionaire or info given before the jab at all and nothing to sign either.
Nothing to sign? 😯
I know it's highly unlikely but that could have been a random person jabbing people with good knows what. Just because someone looks like a medic and may even have some sort of i.d, please everyone, be careful, especially in these situations when you are in a vulnerable situation and your life is in a strangers hands, check all is OK and if you are in any doubt or something doesn't add up don't do it.
Nothing is more important than your own personal safety, not even covid or any other person. It's easy to trust what you are seeing in front of you but ask questions and be sure you are getting all the info you require and if they can't take a few minutes or can't answer your questions then don't feel pressured into anything.

• Wow

Then I left.

Exactly the same for me.

Reactions: 2
Nothing to sign? 😯
I know it's highly unlikely but that could have been a random person jabbing people with good knows what. Just because someone looks like a medic and may even have some sort of i.d, please everyone, be careful, especially in these situations when you are in a vulnerable situation and your life is in a strangers hands, check all is OK and if you are in any doubt or something doesn't add up don't do it.
Nothing is more important than your own personal safety, not even covid or any other person. It's easy to trust what you are seeing in front of you but ask questions and be sure you are getting all the info you require and if they can't take a few minutes or can't answer your questions then don't feel pressured into anything.
In my case I knew her she was the practice nurse but that's a good point for anyone going to the hubs to have it done if you're unfamiliar with the person doing it best to check credentials .

I hope no one who gets this wants to have kids. I will probably get banned for this comment. But I am acitvely avoiding anyone whos had this Experimental medication to protect my fertility.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
Does anyone know anyone who’s has their vaccine & become pregnant afterwards? Or I’m presuming they did trials to see if people could still become pregnant ? It would be good to have information on this. I’ve had my two Pfizer jabs now and more fool me but after reading some of the conspiracy threads I’m panicking about the infertility aspect. I was cautious anyway and probably wouldn’t have had it unless my work pushed me to.

• Sad
Reactions: 1
Does anyone know anyone who’s has their vaccine & become pregnant afterwards? Or I’m presuming they did trials to see if people could still become pregnant ? It would be good to have information on this. I’ve had my two Pfizer jabs now and more fool me but after reading some of the conspiracy threads I’m panicking about the infertility aspect. I was cautious anyway and probably wouldn’t have had it unless my work pushed me to.
Someone I follow on Insta had their first jab before their positive test and then 2nd at 3 or 4 months. I can't remember who it was now

Reactions: 1
I hope no one who gets this wants to have kids. I will probably get banned for this comment. But I am acitvely avoiding anyone whos had this Experimental medication to protect my fertility.
How are going to go to work or to the shops etc then?

RE: Fertility

The short version: someone has claimed that the COVID-19 vaccines are going to cause infertility because of a shared amino acid sequence in the spike protein of SARS-CoV-2 and a placental protein, which will make the immune system attack both as it can’t tell the difference. The truth? This sequence is too short for the immune system to meaningfully confuse it with placental proteins. It’s sort of like saying that you are going to be confused with a criminal because you wear a commonly sold red bracelet that was also found on the criminal. It’s not realistic. If this were true, we would also expect COVID-19 to cause early pregnancy loss a significant amount of the time. The evidence available to us does not support that this is the case. There is no reasonable basis to believe that vaccines against COVID-19/SARS-CoV-2 will affect fertility.”

source

I can’t find the source but people on the trial were asked not to get pregnant (I think within three months(?)) but of course, accidents happen and there were pregnancies from participants. So, their fertilities were clearly not affected.

You’re avoiding... people who have had the vaccine? Good luck. I guarantee if you’ve been out in public you have walked past plenty of people who have had the vaccine.

I’ve posted some links about fertility that explain why it’s highly unlikely that it will cause any issues!
And I’m trying to find the link I came across that a spoke about pregnancies that occurred during the trials but I’m having trouble finding it. When I do I’ll post it here!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
RE: Fertility

The short version: someone has claimed that the COVID-19 vaccines are going to cause infertility because of a shared amino acid sequence in the spike protein of SARS-CoV-2 and a placental protein, which will make the immune system attack both as it can’t tell the difference. The truth? This sequence is too short for the immune system to meaningfully confuse it with placental proteins. It’s sort of like saying that you are going to be confused with a criminal because you wear a commonly sold red bracelet that was also found on the criminal. It’s not realistic. If this were true, we would also expect COVID-19 to cause early pregnancy loss a significant amount of the time. The evidence available to us does not support that this is the case. There is no reasonable basis to believe that vaccines against COVID-19/SARS-CoV-2 will affect fertility.”

source

I can’t find the source but people on the trial were asked not to get pregnant (I think within three months(?)) but of course, accidents happen and there were pregnancies from participants. So, their fertilities were clearly not affected.

You’re avoiding... people who have had the vaccine? Good luck. I guarantee if you’ve been out in public you have walked past plenty of people who have had the vaccine.
Any thoughts on the change in womens cycles after vaccination they don't seem to know what's causing that and as we know regular periods are important for fertility as are disruption to the endocrine system

• Heart
Reactions: 6

I took my Gran for her second jab and other than “how are you feeling today, do you have any COVID symptoms?” there was no pre-amble. Just in, tick name off, line up, jab, go home.

I think you might get a leaflet or similar with the first jab but really the whole operation is so slick there isn’t time for any discussion. The appointments at her clinic were 3 or 4 minutes each! I guess if you had any concerns you should talk to your doctor before booking the jab appt.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.