Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

EmilyChambers

VIP Member
If you work as a funeral director. You are going to be dealing with death. And families mourning the loss of loved ones. This isn't a new concept or situation. It is what you have been trained to deal with. And chose that career path as you feel it is something you can deal with. Funerals are always sad. Why more so now
The funeral director for my Dad was amazing. She sat with us when needed, she hugged us when needed, even a hand on the shoulder when it was needed

She was there every step of the way, she was perfect.

Yes it was her job but not once did we ever feel like "just a job" to her.

I can't imagine going through that now and having no comfort off anyone. In funerals now, unless you are from the same household, you have to sit 2 metres apart and those same funeral directors will tell you to move away. My friends husband died last summer and was allowed 15 at the funeral
My friend had to sit alone as no one else was from her household. I have her a hug and was asked to move away.

The funeral directors by me has had to get a temporary morgue for outside as they don't have capacity to hold all the dead bodies they have.

Do you honestly believe that because they deal with death every single day that they cannot be overwhelmed or upset by what is happening? Seriously?? Were you born without empathy or are you just a bit dim?!

Do you also think all the Dr's dealing with and working on Covid wards should also not be feeling the strain because they should be used to people not recovering from an illness?

Working with death doesn't mean you are void from feeling extra pressure or feeling extra emotion. Especially with Covid as it literally can kill anyone and can be caught by anyone.

You might not like Tilly but don't ever EVER tell someone how they should be handling this pandemic because they ought to be used to death.

Indee

Doh, silly me. Just clicked. You're the one who always sticks up for her

Hi Tilly 👋
You are literally an idiot.

• Heart
Reactions: 21

Ilando

VIP Member
She's a funeral director. She's used to being around families suffering a recent loss. Why is she painting a picture of her job being more horrific due to covid. She should be used to death. Why are funerals of those who have died of something other than covid, any different?

She also needs to face up to the fact she likes her grub, and own it. Instead of all this 'we put it behind us. And move on. We move on'

Just eat the packet of biscuits if that's what you want. And don't bang on about it infront of your daughter afterwards. Such an unhealthy relationship with food. Maybe she would benefit from some therapy to discuss her feelings and emotions. Instead of eating them and bleating on about it afterwards. Might break the cycle of eat, moan, repeat

Sorry but you’re wrong. My brother is in the funeral industry and it has been horrific. They have to install chilled units in their car park because they can’t possibly deal with the amount of bodies that are being sent every day.

He’s also dealing with families who have lost multiple family members. Of course this can happen normally but not every week like it is at the moment.

Also dealing with families who can’t attend funerals is so much more distressing than normal.

I can’t comment on her eating as I’m prone to eating chocolate when I’m stressed too but I know from seeing my brother cry how bad the situation is

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I’d love to have a serious conversation with her and say that she’s not anxious and unhappy because of her weight. It’s not the be all and end all.
The reason she puts weight back on is because it’s not that that makes her sad in the first place!
I feel as though she’s lost her way because she’s fallen down the rabbit hole (that we all do to be honest) of thin = happy. And more over, she’s passing the message on to Athena.
It’s really sad, she needs some real life friends. Friends that aren’t her brothers and sisters, friends her own age, friends with children, friends to go for days out with and something to do that isn’t work or going to her Mam’s house.
I hope her break does her some good but I think she’s putting a lot of pressure on herself to do a “big 30 day weight loss reveal”.
I don’t want this to sound snidey at all incase she reads it! I think she needs a bit of help and there is no shame in it. She’s worked a tough job during a pandemic, had a ‘relationship’ break down and she doesn’t understand that there’s a lot more going on here that ‘she’s put on weight’

Reactions: 17

monga

VIP Member
Deaths on a pandemic scale is something nobody signed up for or are trained to deal with , how could you watch families in distress daily and not have an once of sympathy or an affect on your MH you’d need to be a robot.

• Heart

Gem_bear

Chatty Member
With the cringe fest that is the lover from across the pond I think Tilly needs her on thread.... She's acting like a love sick puppy and the heart locket necklace with their photos in is a whole new level if embarrassment!

• Haha

JellyWobbles

VIP Member
Yes she has gone very quiet.
I reckon she’s found this thread, probably upset about the comments about folk thinking she’d leave Athena & thinking her American Internet Lover is a weirdo sham.
For what it’s worth I actually really like Tilly, I’m happy she’s feeling good in herself and being healthier but I hope she’s done it for her and her only. As for her being a mum well.. I think she’s done pretty well considering she had her husband walk out on them, She got a new job and home and rebuilt her life for herself; I don’t think she would leave Athena (who is adorable btw), I don’t really pick up on the lack of bond/not missing her.. my daughter stays with her Dad and ofc I miss her but I don’t feel the need to whine about it online.. it is what it is! I do think it’s both cute and sad when she’s doing stories and Athena is wanting to participate or automatically says ‘Hey guys’. I dunno.. I just think Hayden situ is really strange and if I was her friend or family I’d be telling her my concerns (in a nice way).

• Heart

monga

VIP Member
My God I'd hope nobody would ever get " used to death " or people's suffering no matter how long they've been in the business .No one has dealt with death on a scale like this before it's only natural it would have an impact on them.Even medical professionls are finding it hard to cope with what they're having to witness daily just's because it's your job doesn't make you immune to people's suffering or loss.

• Heart
Reactions: 16

monga

VIP Member
I think it’s a tad unfair to make judgements on what is pure speculation. I mean she’s never said she’d leave her daughter...
I don't see the big deal anyway Tilly is a free agent so is the Yank it' her life she can live it how she wants ..Ed's doing just that and no ones judging him ..I don't see how it's always the woman gets the flack for trying to move on ,why did Ed not step up and take charge of his daughter when he left her mother in the lurch and suffering from depression ..I 'll tell you why, he was too busy knocking up his mistress his daughter never entered his head...

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15

Disneylover

VIP Member
I'm sorry. But death is death. If you've been in the industry for years. People continuing to die, as people do. Should not shock or upset you more than it normally would. Perhaps if you worked as a cleaner or in admin. And were then asked to assist with funerals. The change would obviously be different. A job as a funeral director dealing with covid deaths. Can not be any more upsetting than a funeral director dealing with any deaths. Death is death and funerals are funerals
Bloody hell, I’m glad you’re not a funeral director! I agreed with Tilly when she said funeral directors are often forgotten, knowing someone who works in the industry, they said it’s been horrific too. The amount of funerals coming in and then the trauma for the families not being able to have a normal funeral, not being able to hug their loved ones, multiple family members dying from this horrid disease, the list goes on. You haven’t got a clue, clearly.

• Heart
Reactions: 15

Jack0

Chatty Member
She’s clearly threatened by Tilly, very sad indeed. She will never trust Ed and that shows by her attitude toward Tilly.

Also, I love when people come on here calling us sad for gossiping on here. But in the same breath, read the entire thread, make an account and comment. Does that make you sad too, Nikki?

• Haha
Reactions: 14

Fanaff

VIP Member
I'm sorry. But death is death. If you've been in the industry for years. People continuing to die, as people do. Should not shock or upset you more than it normally would. Perhaps if you worked as a cleaner or in admin. And were then asked to assist with funerals. The change would obviously be different. A job as a funeral director dealing with covid deaths. Can not be any more upsetting than a funeral director dealing with any deaths. Death is death and funerals are funerals
Not all deaths are Covid deaths and yet those families, friends etc have to adhere to the rules. You know, people dying from cancer, accidents, suicide? People who would usually have a big celebration of their life and a funeral for people to say their goodbyes. People are being denied that right now and as a human being, Tilly obviously feels some sympathy for those left behind having to deal with death right now. You know, in unprecedented times? Did you see the lady that works in a morgue, literally overwhelmed at the number of bodies? Guess she should be used to it too and suck it up eh?!
Hate on Tilly for her faddy diet but do not knock her for being human. It says far more about you than her!

Reactions: 13

monga

VIP Member
I know people parent alone every day but I do feel sorry for Tilly in some ways on that front. Her ex is alive and kicking (even if he is an atrocious human being based on what we know about him) and he barely seems to take Athena. If I was 'co-parenting' with an ex who lived not too far away I'd hope for more nights off tbh. Particularly as she's still only 30ish and seems to want to let her hair down and hopefully meet someone new, neither of which are bad things. She has a lot of help from her mum and that but even so, I don't think it's a bad thing she's off galavanting around the UK here and there. She should be out making friends and enjoying her life when she has a little freedom.
Yes the whole mum should sit at home annoys me! Athena is well looked after and seems to enjoy the company of Tillies younger siblings she probably thinks of them as her brother and sister , after all she was reared with them when Tilly was ill.She has a father that’s able to take off anywhere at anytime and not a word said…it’s a man’s world 🙄

• Heart
Reactions: 12

memoii11

VIP Member
Something about him stinks of scammer to me.

What did he say?
Yeah, I don't think he's genuine.

He was moaning about people bringing 'special children' out to a fancy restaurant.

If I was at The Ivy, I'd moan about an old man being loud and offensive on an Instagram live!

• Wow
Reactions: 11

monga

VIP Member
Athena is with her dad, she said. Pretty normal for children of separated parents to spend time with each parent.. is Tilly expected to sit at home and wait until she returns?🤔🤔🤔
I think she's expected to sit in a rocking chair and peer out the window till the end of days 😂

• Haha

JellyWobbles

VIP Member
I like Tilly and I felt bad for her when Ed left her, his blatantly a scumbag. Iirc in one of her lives she found a photo of his name tattoo’d on his mistress 🤢. I don’t think she’d leave Athena tbh.
She needs to dust this American guy off though, really really weird situation and they’ve only been talking since March but love each other? Cmon now.. you have a child and that’s your main responsibility for me personally I wouldn’t give such thing the time of day how could it ever work between them realistically? He gives me major creepy vibes and I think that actually her self esteem is so low which is why she’s lapped up this attention and started to lose weight etc.

p.s I wish she’d take off her make-up before bed, she always wakes up y crusty around her eyes 🤢

• Sick

Fattygettinfit

Chatty Member
For those Tattlers who use Pinterest, did you know that Tilly has a page and she was looking at wedding dresses 3 weeks ago and saved them to her board :rolleyes:WTAF, fatal attraction bunny boiler springs to mind:ROFLMAO:

• Wow
  • Haha

Wkr2

Ed and Niki seem like a match made in heaven. Sneaky and both slightly slow to say the least because they’re always caught out in the end! Her attempt at a response on tattle was almost as bad as her moral standards to let Ed leave Tilly with a new born baby. I had twins that I love with my heart and soul around the same time Tilly had Athena and although I’d of given them my last breath sometimes passing them over to their dad for an hour to do the food shop alone was nothing short of a small luxury - doing it on her own must of been really hard especially when that wasn’t the plan! I do find Tilly’s purple eye looks for Asda a bit OTT but I suppose in her line of work she goes with the attitude that tomorrow is never promised so if you want to wear a full cut crease to Asda why stop because what others will think? I think she’s a bit cringey at times but harmless and I can understand why the thread has gone off the rails, how could anybody dislike Tilly more than Ed 🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢

TheDuchess

Chatty Member
She’s clearly threatened by Tilly, very sad indeed. She will never trust Ed and that shows by her attitude toward Tilly.

Also, I love when people come on here calling us sad for gossiping on here. But in the same breath, read the entire thread, make an account and comment. Does that make you sad too, Nikki?
She’ll loose him the same way she found him. If he can happily cheat on Tilly whilst she was pregnant with a much longed for baby then he’ll not think twice about having a quick fuck elsewhere behind this new partners back.

Karmas a bitch 👋🏼

monga

VIP Member
Maybe she has realised that her relationship was never based on trust. If she is no longer the mistress then there’s now a vacancy to be filled.
I always think when a man takes a mistress it's for fun and games not to live the mundane life he had with his wife ..Once the mistress becomes the wife he loses interest because he already didn't want that life when he went looking for her ( make sense of that ) 😂