TiffanyThinks #4 TiffanyDrinks

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I really don't think social media is the place for Tiffany these days, though she is addicted to it.

Whilst she receives a plethora of praise and positivity which she laps up, in the last few months she has attracted an amount of opprobrium. The tick tick and delete action was brought in to erase any hint of negativity but there are now thousands of dislikes on her vlogs and some very backhanded comments like the one the above poster has shown. Perhaps that comment was couched in softer words to help it stay undeleted.

Tiffany is walking on a tough road here. She is going to be very upset with the increasing push back from people who are seeing her money-making manipulations.

It would be much better if she concentrated on dealing with her own health, physical and mental, and took a break from blogs.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Yes, her cancer is even named low rectal adenocarcinoma, if I remember the letter correctly. So it's definitely in the rectal anal area.
I heard that rectal cancer is more 'serious' and harder to treat (and to remove) than colon cancer. This is because it spreads locally more easily than colon cancer.
Very true. Also advanced mid to low rectal cancer is treated differently than colon cancer due to the addition of radiation to the treatment regimen. And with a low-lying cancer like hers the surgeon would be concerned about preserving the sphincter function IF patient was able to undergo the less complicated surgery such as a low anterior resection. It seems like she was never a candidate for the lesser types of surgeries.

Reactions: 9
I had a laparoscopic surgery a few years ago. I wasn't given a special shower gel. Once I was under, the surgical team actually used a special wash on my abdomen prior to during the surgery. It stained a little and was bright orange.
Betadine wash is used to clean the surgical field in the vast majority of surgeries, that’s the orangey brown stuff that stains your skin

Reactions: 5
I really don't think social media is the place for Tiffany these days, though she is addicted to it.
Tiffany is walking on a tough road here. She is going to be very upset with the increasing push back from people who are seeing her money-making manipulations.
I agree. I don't think she has the skin for it. While (most) everyone only wishes the best for her and would love nothing more than to see her beat this, any social media channel is still pretty much like a reality show and where there is controversy or lots of mixed emotions involved, people discuss the contestants in great length. When you decide to make money off the content you put out there on your life, you should probably be ready for what is thrown at you. I don't think she was. She possibly thought her sweetness, loving family, and coziness were enough to ward off any critical eyes on her situation.

• Heart
Also ... If T is the homeowner then why didnt SHE receive the letter?
I will mention two possibilities, one of which is based on a slightly muffled, fleeting comment Tiffany had made on a much earlier video which may have been before the cancer videos. Unfortunately, I really cannot recall which video, and I don't want to re-watch them. The fleeting comment was something to the effect of the house in which she now lives is the house in which SHE GREW UP (if I understood that correctly.)

1. If that is the case, after her father's unfortunate death, she could have bought the house from her mom. The electric bill remained in her mother's name, perhaps. (I suspect that she inherited funds from her dad, because I really don't see how, with just a few years (maybe five?) of working as an optician she could have afforded such a nice townhouse in a good location.) A significant percentage of that time she worked as a substitute (locum?) optician, driving from center to center as a temporary replacement. That being said, before she moved out on her own after her breakup, she could have lived at home, not paid rent, saved every single cent, and ended up having a sum of money to use as the down payment or to buy the house back from her mom.
The reason I did think that she inherited funds from her dad to buy the house is that
(a) She purchased the house roughly one year after his death.
(b) Even in videos prior to the cancer videos, she didn't seem like the saving sort of person: She pays to have her nails done, pays to have her eyebrows done, spends a lot on clothing, and also gets pedicures because the pedicurist had been surprised not to have seen her for one year (because of her cancer diagnosis.) These services and items are costly, and are not signs of someone who would have saved every cent to buy a house. For me, there is a disconnect between having worked 5 years, maximum, (and who knows if it was full time when she was a substitute optician), routinely spending sums of money for grooming purposes, and having enough money for a down payment on a house.

2. Both the house and the electric bill were in Tiffany's name after she purchased the house, from whomever. Seeing as how Tiffany's health is precarious, maybe she started transferring bills to other names, so that, in case the worst happens, there will be less confusion paper-wise. Tiffany's mum's English language skills look rudimentary, and I don't know how well Tiffany's mum could manage with eventual paperwork, since Tiffany's dad is deceased.

Those are just my thoughts, and I shared them because some things don't add up, literally even.

Last edited:
M
I will mention two possibilities, one of which is based on a slightly muffled, fleeting comment Tiffany had made on a much earlier video which may have been before the cancer videos. Unfortunately, I really cannot recall which video, and I don't want to re-watch them. The fleeting comment was something to the effect of the house in which she now lives is the house in which SHE GREW UP (if I understood that correctly.)

1. If that is the case, after her father's unfortunate death, she could have bought the house from her mom. The electric bill remained in her mother's name, perhaps. (I suspect that she inherited funds from her dad, because I really don't see how, with just a few years (maybe five?) of working as an optician she could have afforded such a nice townhouse in a good location.) A significant percentage of that time she worked as a substitute (locum?) optician, driving from center to center as a temporary replacement. That being said, before she moved out on her own after her breakup, she could have lived at home, not paid rent, saved every single cent, and ended up having a sum of money to use as the down payment or to buy the house back from her mom.
The reason I did think that she inherited funds from her dad to buy the house is that
(b) Even in videos prior to the cancer videos, she didn't seem like the saving sort of person: She pays to have her nails done, pays to have her eyebrows done, spends a lot on clothing, and also gets pedicures because the pedicurist had been surprised not to have seen her for one year (because of her cancer diagnosis.) These services and items are costly, and are not signs of someone who would have saved every cent to buy a house. For me, there is a disconnect between having worked 5 years, maximum, (and who knows if it was full time when she was a substitute optician), routinely spending sums of money for grooming purposes, and having enough money for a down payment on a house.

2. Both the house and the electric bill were in Tiffany's name after she purchased the house, from whomever. Seeing as how Tiffany's health is precarious, maybe she started transferring bills to other names, so that, in case the worst happens, there will be less confusion paper-wise. Tiffany's mum's English language skills look rudimentary, and I don't know how well Tiffany's mum could manage with eventual paperwork, since Tiffany's dad is deceased.

Those are just my thoughts, and I shared them because some things don't add up, literally even.
When my brother worked as a locus optometrist 20 plus years ago before he had his own practice he was earning between £400 and £900 pounds a day as there was a shortage at the time. Tiffany would have still be earning good money.

Reactions: 7

We dont know who she bought the house from. Her father could have remarried etc. i think she bought either a share or the full house from her mother. Her mother may be on the title still. I hope she is. If she wasnt the original owner, how would her mother still have the bill in her name?. TT wont admit that her mother is still part owner or who she bought the house from. It is more likely that it was from her mother and she put in her money to renovate it. Her mother likely contributes by paying some utility bills and hopefully no rent or mortgage. Its all speculation but she did admit it is her childhood home. On another note it is her mother who is always with her on the most difficult surgical days. Darling is not. Darling only goes with her to hear the doctors results. Interesting.

We dont know who she bought the house from. Her father could have remarried etc. i think she bought either a share or the full house from her mother. Her mother may be on the title still. I hope she is. If she wasnt the original owner, how would her mother still have the bill in her name?. TT wont admit that her mother is still part owner or who she bought the house from. It is more likely that it was from her mother and she put in her money to renovate it. Her mother likely contributes by paying some utility bills and hopefully no rent or mortgage. Its all speculation but she did admit it is her childhood home. On another note it is her mother who is always with her on the most difficult surgical days. Darling is not. Darling only goes with her to hear the doctors results. Interesting.
Well I guess Darling has a full-time job and Amma doesn't, so it makes sense. I also recall something that Tiffany said ages ago about her house - along the lines of 'I never planned to live in it.'

Reactions: 6
That is so interesting. I wonder how Tiffany got the idea that she was feeling ill because of the radioactive tracer? She doesn’t really say that they told her that, she just says that’s what she thinks it is. 🤔
I’m guessing she just assumed it was because generally MRIs done with contrast have side effects like nausea after it’s administered. We don’t ever mention side effects to patients because there really shouldn’t be any. Not to mention, the radioactive tracer she received only has a half life of 110 mins

Reactions: 6
Well I guess Darling has a full-time job and Amma doesn't, so it makes sense. I also recall something that Tiffany said ages ago about her house - along the lines of 'I never planned to live in it.'
Tiffany bought the house herself, but had never the intention to live in it. It was an investment. You can see it in her video Dating? Did I buy a house? Etc.

Reactions: 11
Sorry if this was mentioned but as to the house, T mentioned she bought it as an investment property to rent out (which is why there’s nothing on the walls and looks like they live in a hotel - no artwork, no books, nothing personal).
The three of them moved in after her cancer diagnosis. Maybe her mother retains another house or apartment and the bill was for that?
She may have inherited money from her father that she invested in property.

Yes, her cancer is even named low rectal adenocarcinoma, if I remember the letter correctly. So it's definitely in the rectal anal area.
I heard that rectal cancer is more 'serious' and harder to treat (and to remove) than colon cancer. This is because it spreads locally more easily than colon cancer.
Thank you I didn’t know/ didn’t remember the exact name in the letter !
Yes I think it’s true it’s generally harder to treat because indeed surgery is more difficult ( because it spreads locally more because there are more «things » in the area to attach to) and precisely because the surgery is more difficult they sometimes do wait and watch trials for rectal cancers whereas they don’t do that kind of trials for tumours higher in the colon.

Reactions: 4
Thank you I didn’t know/ didn’t remember the exact name in the letter !
Yes I think it’s true it’s generally harder to treat because indeed surgery is more difficult ( because it spreads locally more because there are more «things » in the area to attach to) and precisely because the surgery is more difficult they sometimes do wait and watch trials for rectal cancers whereas they don’t do that kind of trials for tumours higher in the colon.
I'm confused about why is her cancer called 'colorectal'. I know that 'colon' cancer is called 'colorectal' too but is 'rectal' cancer called 'colorectal'? Cause if she has rectal cancer then there is a big difference from having a colon cancer, like you have said. Is her colon even affected by the tumour? Is there cancer in her colon?

Reactions: 2
We dont know who she bought the house from. Her father could have remarried etc.
At least as of 2014, her mother was still married to Tiffany's father. I doubt there was a divorce, and I doubt there was even an official separation. Perhaps they were just estranged from one another. Tiffany's father is standing right next to her mother, as a couple, in complete Indian traditional garb, at Elodie's Hindu marriage ceremony. This video is on you-tube. ( 'Tamil Hindu Wedding_Paranitharan & Elodie.' If the video is watched at a slower speed, at the 2:08 marker Tiffany's parents can be seen putting powder on their faces as Hindus do. Amma can be seen with the red dot (bindi), characteristic of Hindu married women. This is strictly a Hindu ceremony.) Her mother is wearing a traditional south-Indian necklace, the 'marriage' necklace, (called the Mangal Sutra in South Indian tradition.) given to a bride on her wedding day according to Indian tradition. Additionally, her mother is wearing a red 'bindi' (dot) on her forehead in the 2014 video. A red bindi designates a married woman in Hindu tradition. So, I reiterate once again, I doubt official divorce and remarriage was ever done by Tiffany's dad.
(Just as an aside...The reason I got hooked into watching Tiffany's videos in the first place is because I used to watch a lot of Indian (not even Sri-Lankan) dances, and you-tube's algorithm proposed Tiffany's first cancer video, which has nothing to do with Indian dances. So, the algorithm screwed up, and I continued watching Tiffany's cancer journey.)

Last edited:
  • Haha

But in one of her older videos she does emphasize that saving money was very important to her and learned from a young age to save money.

Reactions: 4
When my brother worked as a locus optometrist 20 plus years ago before he had his own practice he was earning between £400 and £900 pounds a day as there was a shortage at the time. Tiffany would have still be earning good money.
Well, that was then, and this is now.
According to statistics from Talent, locum optometrists earn on average £295 per day. The average salary for a locum optometrist is around £58,500 per year which equates to around £30 per hour. For entry-level positions, you can expect to earn £16,900 per year. With sufficient experience in the industry, you could stand to earn upwards of £80,470 per year.
Source: https://www.globelocums.co.uk/news/article/how-much-do-locum-optometrists-earn

Reactions: 3
At least as of 2014, her mother was still married to Tiffany's father. I doubt there was a divorce, and I doubt there was even an official separation. Perhaps they were just estranged from each other. Tiffany's father is standing right next to her mother, as a couple, in complete Indian traditional garb, at Elodie's Hindu marriage ceremony. This video is on you-tube. ( 'Tamil Hindu Wedding_Paranitharan & Elodie.' If the video is watched at a slower speed, at the 2:08 marker Tiffany's parents can be seen putting powder on their faces as Hindus do. Amma can be seen with the red dot (bindi), characteristic of Hindu married women. This is strictly a Hindu ceremony.) Her mother is wearing a traditional south-Indian necklace, the 'marriage' necklace, (called the Mangal Sutra in South Indian tradition.) given to a bride on her wedding day according to Indian tradition. Additionally, her mother is wearing a red 'bindi' (dot) on her forehead in the 2014 video. A red bindi designates a married woman in Hindu tradition. So, I reiterate once again, I doubt official divorce and remarriage was ever done by Tiffany's dad.
(Just as an aside...The reason I got hooked into watching Tiffany's videos in the first place is because I used to watch a lot of Indian (not even Sri-Lankan) dances, and you-tube's algorithm proposed Tiffany's first cancer video, which has nothing to do with Indian dances. So, the algorithm screwed up, and I continued watching Tiffany's cancer journey.)
But in one of her older videos she does emphasize that saving money was very important to her and learned from a young age to save money.
She is not the saving kind of person. She could be just blabbering nonsense like she does sometimes. It's very hard to trust her word. She repeats popular sayings and phrases. She may have heard that line in a film or heard it somewhere and she repeated it for her vlog. She is a walking cliche.

• Haha
Actions are louder than words. One can say anything. Fact of the matter is that she is a spender, at least on personal grooming (manicures, pedicures, eyebrows) and clothing. She has to maintain the narrative of saving so people won't wonder where she got the money to buy a townhouse. Anyone can have any narrative...The proverbial proof is in the pudding, however, and actions speak louder than words.

I'm confused about why is her cancer called 'colorectal'. I know that 'colon' cancer is called 'colorectal' too but is 'rectal' cancer called 'colorectal'? Cause if she has rectal cancer then there is a big difference from having a colon cancer, like you have said. Is her colon even affected by the tumour? Is there cancer in her colon?
Good question. As I said colorectal is an umbrella for colon cancers and rectal cancers, so yes technically I guess rectal cancers are under colorectal cancers since rectum is the continuity/ the end of the colon but as it’s managed differently depending on the location it would be very important to know if the tumour is also high in the colon. Seems it’s not and only really low lying. But maybe it’s borderline colon/ rectum ? We don’t know … but as you say it seems to be rectal initially according to the name on the letter …

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.