TiffanyThinks #4 TiffanyDrinks

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Seems it’s not and only really low lying. But maybe it’s borderline colon/ rectum ? We don’t know … but as you say it seems to be rectal initially according to the name on the letter …
Internal radiotherapy for rectal cancer

Internal radiotherapy means giving radiotherapy to the cancer from inside the back passage (rectum). It is also called brachytherapy.
The treatment gives a high dose of radiation to the cancer but very little to surrounding tissues. It can shrink the cancer, relieve symptoms and help you feel more comfortable. It might slow the growth of the cancer and it can reduce pain.
This page is about internal radiotherapy for cancer of the back passage (rectal cancer). You don’t usually have internal radiotherapy for large bowel (colon) cancer

I wonder why Tiffany was not offered this method of radiation treatment.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
Tbh if she’s really got such advanced Colon Cancer, she would have it removed!! I know many many people with a stoma and people live quite comfortably with it. Better that than waiting for the cancer to spread!!! Honestly the mind boggles!! I’m not buying any of it anymore, it seems fake! There’s no way in Hades she’d be faffing round with a serious disease like this!

Winds me up because I know of people that have died from it.

Reactions: 12
Actions are louder than words. One can say anything. Fact of the matter is that she is a spender, at least on personal grooming (manicures, pedicures, eyebrows) and clothing. She has to maintain the narrative of saving so people won't wonder where she got the money to buy a townhouse. Anyone can have any narrative...The proverbial proof is in the pudding, however, and actions speak louder than words.
I'm not too sure she actually has a 'townhouse' (I live in one myself!) Looks more like a pretty small semi-detached newbuild to me.

Reactions: 2
Is taking morphine daily like she does normal for certain cancer patients? In what instances is longterm daily morphine prescribed?

Reactions: 7
Cancer Biopsy Day (hospital) #shorts

Early Hi from hospital, waiting for biopsy examination under aneasthetic. Amma with her. Vlogging the whole biopsy, unsure when vid will be up. Pray everything's gonna be ok. Thanks for prayers, and positive energy. We got this!

• Wow
Reactions: 11
Cancer Biopsy Day (hospital) #shorts

Early Hi from hospital, waiting for biopsy examination under aneasthetic. Amma with her. Vlogging the whole biopsy, unsure when vid will be up. Pray everything's gonna be ok. Thanks for prayers, and positive energy. We got this!
Thanks! So, are we thinking this was actually performed last week? If so, she is probably doing well if she edited then uploaded yesterday's video, this short today, plus spent time early weekend or late last week deleting all the people she had been following on IG and then creating her new private IG account. If the timeline is accurate, it bodes well for her condition post-biopsies!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Just saw this article and the UK has one of the worst waiting times for cancer treatment in all developed nations: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...treatment-backlog-worsens-Covid-pandemic.html

They also mention that waiting times for CT and MRI scans have increased TENFOLD the past 3 years (seems to correlate with covid). It matches with Tiffany's experience of having 6 weeks turn into 8 weeks. Seems like the only way to advocate for yourself in the UK is to skip the NHS and use your own money to go private. I daresay that some of Tiffany's jumbled messaging is partially due to miscommunication from her "care" team. She's always talking to random nurses or doctors and the information gets relayed through several people, some who aren't even familiar with her case at all. Her surgeon was MIA for weeks but it's also hard to say whether that was the cause of the scan delays (most likely not).

• Sad
Reactions: 10
I'm confused about why is her cancer called 'colorectal'. I know that 'colon' cancer is called 'colorectal' too but is 'rectal' cancer called 'colorectal'? Cause if she has rectal cancer then there is a big difference from having a colon cancer, like you have said. Is her colon even affected by the tumour? Is there cancer in her colon?
The colon or large intestine is about 6 feet long. Near the end it turns into the sigmoid and then the rectum. The name of the cancer gives away the location. It is in the colon near the rectum and anus.

Reactions: 2
Is taking morphine daily like she does normal for certain cancer patients? In what instances is longterm daily morphine prescribed?
My Grandma had morphine for home when she had terminal kidney cancer. I don't know if it's the norm but I guess that means they do in some circumstances. She was 85 and end of life though, not sure if that makes a difference.

Taking morphine for prolonged periods is safe as long as under supervision of and in accordance to prescription by medical team. It's often administered as a last resort like pallative care, but not necessary. Can be used at any period of cancer disease, if other pain medications cannot control pain associated with such cancer.

That said, I still remember vividly the home nurse administering morphine to my uncle during the last few days of his life when I was younger. The impact has not left me...

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
At least as of 2014, her mother was still married to Tiffany's father. I doubt there was a divorce, and I doubt there was even an official separation. Perhaps they were just estranged from one another. Tiffany's father is standing right next to her mother, as a couple, in complete Indian traditional garb, at Elodie's Hindu marriage ceremony. This video is on you-tube. ( 'Tamil Hindu Wedding_Paranitharan & Elodie.' If the video is watched at a slower speed, at the 2:08 marker Tiffany's parents can be seen putting powder on their faces as Hindus do. Amma can be seen with the red dot (bindi), characteristic of Hindu married women. This is strictly a Hindu ceremony.) Her mother is wearing a traditional south-Indian necklace, the 'marriage' necklace, (called the Mangal Sutra in South Indian tradition.) given to a bride on her wedding day according to Indian tradition. Additionally, her mother is wearing a red 'bindi' (dot) on her forehead in the 2014 video. A red bindi designates a married woman in Hindu tradition. So, I reiterate once again, I doubt official divorce and remarriage was ever done by Tiffany's dad.
(Just as an aside...The reason I got hooked into watching Tiffany's videos in the first place is because I used to watch a lot of Indian (not even Sri-Lankan) dances, and you-tube's algorithm proposed Tiffany's first cancer video, which has nothing to do with Indian dances. So, the algorithm screwed up, and I continued watching Tiffany's cancer journey.)
When you watch closely you can also see Amma wear the Sindoor. The red streak on the roots of her hair. Also only married women wear this.

Reactions: 5
I'm not too sure she actually has a 'townhouse' (I live in one myself!) Looks more like a pretty small semi-detached newbuild to me.
Reasons I thought, and still think, it is of the 'townhouse' type structure (US terminology, and I'm not sure if townhouse means the same thing in the UK.):

(a) Entrance corridor is long but not wide. Individual houses tend to have wider entrance hallways.
(b) The garden (or yard, for US terminology) in the back is small and does not look like it spans the perimeter of the entire house. If it were an individual house, I doubt she would complain that the 'garden' is so small because she would have the entire house perimeter, including the front garden (yard).
Her house could also be the 'end unit' in a row of townhouses directly on a street, so only connected to another house on one side. In that case, though, she could have a larger garden because it could span the side as well, unless the side were directly flush with the street.

Even if her house is an end-unit, it is still considered a townhouse by US terminology.

Reactions: 7
Well I guess Darling has a full-time job and Amma doesn't, so it makes sense. I also recall something that Tiffany said ages ago about her house - along the lines of 'I never planned to live in it.'
For routine scans yes. If my darling was undergoing general anaesthesia for possible abdominal exploratory exam and biopsy, i think i would take the day off. it seems that he is also a locum optometrist and these procedures are pre scheduled so….yes, I would want to be there for my love. Of course, we do not really know what she had done as usual. I am speculating based on my surgical experience in Canada.

Reactions: 5
It's going to be watch and wait again isn't it. 😐
Again, wonder if she's setting/manifesting the stage, the subtle diversion to her bookclub instagram page, her fav movie being that miracle one, and what else I forget. Delusional or reality, we will find out soon enough.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
...If my darling was undergoing general anaesthesia for possible abdominal exploratory exam and biopsy, i think i would take the day off. it seems that he is also a locum optometrist and these procedures are pre scheduled so….yes, I would want to be there for my love. .....
Maybe she is simply more comfortable with her mother being there with her than with Matt being there. She might also feel guilty that he would need to take time off from work. Also, Matt is quite touchy/feely, and I don't think it's a good idea to be touching her skin before a procedure for sanitary reasons. Her immunity is most likely very low, she gets cold sores quickly, she already got C.Difficile once. Notice on the short video that her mum was not sitting right next to her, and isn't all over her. Another reason could be that Tiffany doesn't want Matt to get tired of her situation and fall 'out of love'. She would want him there for critical surgery, as in if she ever has the exenteration surgery. Some people on these threads think that Matt is distancing himself and may not stay with her afterwards. It would be difficult for him to leave her, actually, as long as she has cancer. He would feel guilty to leave her, in my opinion.
Maybe sometimes he has regrets about having moved in. I do think it looks awkward to see her mum on one side of the couch, followed by a space or two, and then she and Matt stuck together. Traditionally, people of Indian or Sri Lankan descent do not do these things in front of parents--one reason is that it is awkward. I just wouldn't want to cuddle with my guy with my mom sitting on the other side of the couch or on the chair next to it. For some reason I don't think her sister's husband would behave that way, though of course, I could be wrong.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
I'm confused about why is her cancer called 'colorectal'. I know that 'colon' cancer is called 'colorectal' too but is 'rectal' cancer called 'colorectal'? Cause if she has rectal cancer then there is a big difference from having a colon cancer, like you have said. Is her colon even affected by the tumour? Is there cancer in her colon?
One reason the colon, rectosigmoid and rectal cancers get lumped together as CRC/colorectal cancer is that colonoscopies are performed to specifically look for cancers in those areas. Whereas anal cancer, while it's right there next to the rectum is not the targeted site of colorectal screening colonoscopies. I HAVE wondered if she has more than one tumor in her lower GI tract.

This comment on her latest video is quite possibly the most mind-numbingly stupid thing I've read all week. "This underweight cancer patient who very likely may have to undergo surgery soon loves to pick at her food. SO cute and quirky!1!!"
She might've attracted some eating fetish people with her previous mukbang videos.
Interesting article on mukbang popularity and health. The loneliness aspect may apply to T. I've often felt that she's lonely.
https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/pdf/10.1177/1460458220901360

This article is eye-opening, too. May explain why T started doing them ($$):

• Wow
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.