TiffanyThinks #4 TiffanyDrinks

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Brilliant point! Sounds like some laparoscopic abdominal procedure but that and general anaesthesia means no eating after 8 or so the night before and no bowel prep. They are having a look see in her abdomen and perhaps taking some biopsies of suspicious organs and structures. This is a typical procedure to confirm what may need removal in the actual surgery. Is it partial or total, anterior or posterior etc. i did note the antimicrobial shower gel and was confused bc a colonoscopy doesn't require that. I was too annoyed at her vagueness to really ponder it Further until I noted these questions. A general anaesthetic is typically not needed for a colonoscopy either. Usually a conscious sedation if warranted. She has had a full pre surgical check it seems. Including the overnight stay bc of her condition and past bleeding etc.
I had a laparoscopic surgery a few years ago. I wasn't given a special shower gel. Once I was under, the surgical team actually used a special wash on my abdomen prior to during the surgery. It stained a little and was bright orange.

Reactions: 6
Though I don’t want to watch any of it, the social media stuff she does is a good distraction from her cancer. Thats ok as long as she doesn’t disregard learning what she needs to know about her cancer. She mentioned having listened to the Serial podcast when it first came out and considering listening to all the episodes again. I thought it was sad that she would put so much time into that and nowhere near as much time learning about her cancer, the one possible surgery, and the experiences of other people on social media who have had that surgery and are sharing info about it.

Reactions: 12
I had a laparoscopic surgery a few years ago. I wasn't given a special shower gel. Once I was under, the surgical team actually used a special wash on my abdomen prior to during the surgery. It stained a little and was bright orange.
It depends on the protocol of each hospital. She has had c diff and we dont know what else so not surprised that they may have these antimicrobials for certain procedures. They would also do a chlorhexidine scrub or iodine scrub during the OR on areas of incision. They lessen the skin burden of any MRSA or VRE. that may be present. I can tell you that in Canadian hospitals I have seen this done many times But not for colonoscopies.

Reactions: 7
Those candles that she lights all the time are full of chemicals, and she's breathing that crap in.
Yes yes...I was itching to post this on her video comments. Scented candles are known to contain carcinogenic substances. Someone needs to tell her she needs to ventilate rigorously or stop using them altogether.

Reactions: 10
Yes yes...I was itching to post this on her video comments. Scented candles are known to contain carcinogenic substances. Someone needs to tell her she needs to ventilate rigorously or stop using them altogether.
But….the coziness. :cry:

• Haha
One thing I am not unanimous about. I dislike Miracle on 34th Street. I prefer hectic movies.
Imagine Tiffany trying to watch Bad Santa or The Ref. Soooooo much hectic !!

And now for something completely different ... Can anyone explain the gigglefest prompted by the letter that Amma received re the energy price increase? It's not a laughing matter for so many people here in the US, including myself. Also ... If T is the homeowner then why didnt SHE receive the letter?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
Sorry for hopping on the thread..

one of Tiffany’s Videos was suggested to me on YT so I watched a few of them and then came on here because her videos confused me and I wanted to know what was going on.

So has she got cancer? Colorectal cancer? Or doesn’t she know? Has thedoctor not confirmed it?

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Sorry for hopping on the thread..

one of Tiffany’s Videos was suggested to me on YT so I watched a few of them and then came on here because her videos confused me and I wanted to know what was going on.

So has she got cancer? Colorectal cancer? Or doesn’t she know? Has thedoctor not confirmed it?
She is 30 yrs old and last year was diagnosed with colorectal cancer. Her most recent test results showed it is stage IIIc. However, this last week she had a PET scan, MRI, bloodwork, and an extensive internal exam and biopsies under anesthesia so we expect she will get the results this week. At diagnosis she was told it was too big for surgery but the Royal Marsden is willing to do a pelvic exenteration ( google this) IF she doesn’t have mets they consider significant enough to make it pointless to do it. She had a chance at this surgery 8 weeks ago but decided to wait & get retested in 6 weeks - supposedly on the recommendation of her primary surgeon. She appears to be in denial - seems to think the cancer might just go away without surgery.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Imagine Tiffany trying to watch Bad Santa or The Ref. Soooooo much hectic !!

And now for something completely different ... Can anyone explain the gigglefest prompted by the letter that Amma received re the energy price increase? It's not a laughing matter for so many people here in the US, including myself. Also ... If T is the homeowner then why didnt SHE receive the letter?
its not a laughing matter here either, there's a huge cost of living crisis in the UK, she didn't even explain what was funny. Very odd

• Heart
Reactions: 16
That was iodine to disinfect before surgery.

What irks me is when she wakes up and starts to Vlog, and we can clearly see that she's not wearing pjammas. It just seems so personal to me; I mean, for the love of Pete, get dressed and then Vlog!

No offence. Have you not seen the big smiley? 😉 Just some innocent fun in a very sad topic. “I am unanimous in this” is a saying from mrs Slocombe in Are you being served?
I got that; I loved that show =)

Who thinks she’s lying? I’m simply stating that, unless there’s a huge miscommunication about her cancer from the start, then medically, there’s no way to avoid surgery and have curative treatment at this stage. I’m aware there are new people to the thread, but it’s people from the old threads that keep theorizing about remission after it’s been beaten to death. I’m just trying to clarify that your instinct is right (that it’s impossible to be “cancer-free” without surgery).

Fake weirdos pandering to their religious following.
It's not impossible, but unlikely. Remission can happen without surgery. She is relatively healthy besides the cancer. She doesn't smoke or drink, or have other underlining conditions that we're aware of, so yes, it could happen, but as I said, it's unlikely.

For me, it was a mix of yes, and no. She has no choice but to go to the hospital. Seeing that she's always been driven by McDonald's is a question mark for me. But hey, maybe some bites are better than no bites. I think she's really dehydrated and not eating enough, purposefully or otherwise, I cannot discern.
She eats when they're out; I think she's just a picky eater. She likes junk food. If she does eat smaller amounts, it could be because her bowel movements are not pleasant, and so she thinks that if she eats smaller amounts that she won't have to deal with too much blood. Just a theory.

Last edited:
I just watched the first few months of her vlog and I had to make an account. I’m a PET technologist and the radioactive tracer we inject does NOT have any side effects. It is not a dye. It certainly does not make you vomit or tired.
That is so interesting. I wonder how Tiffany got the idea that she was feeling ill because of the radioactive tracer? She doesn’t really say that they told her that, she just says that’s what she thinks it is. 🤔

That was iodine to disinfect before surgery.

What irks me is when she wakes up and starts to Vlog, and we can clearly see that she's not wearing pjammas. It just seems so personal to me; I mean, for the love of Pete, get dressed and then Vlog!

I got that; I loved that show =)

It's not impossible, but unlikely. Remission can happen without surgery. She is relatively healthy besides the cancer. She doesn't smoke or drink, or have other underlining conditions that we're aware of, so yes, it could happen, but as I said, it's unlikely.

She eats when they're out; I think she's just a picky eater. She likes junk food. If she does eat smaller amounts, it could be because her bowel movements are not pleasant, and so she thinks that if she eats smaller amounts that she won't have to deal with too much blood. Just a theory.
When I say “remission”, I’m talking about the context of it meaning she’s getting better or is headed towards being “cancer-free”. If it stays the same (no change), that’s better than it spreading obviously, but without surgery, she can’t have curative treatment. That’s the “impossible” thing I was referring to, and what remission means without doing surgery — managing stage IV (if the last oncologist was correct). Hopefully this clarifies what I meant a bit better.

That is so interesting. I wonder how Tiffany got the idea that she was feeling ill because of the radioactive tracer? She doesn’t really say that they told her that, she just says that’s what she thinks it is. 🤔
I don’t know how she came up with that. She often says things that don’t make sense. My first concern was perhaps she has C-Diff again. Her appearance and description of her symptoms were very unusual for just having scans (and being pre-biopsy). I hope she doesn’t downplay her symptoms again so they can rule it out.

A little credit to Tiffany that this video actually had medical focus and substance, unlike the normal clickbaits. Obviously missing a ton of information still, but it’s more than we normally get.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
This comment on her latest video is quite possibly the most mind-numbingly stupid thing I've read all week. "This underweight cancer patient who very likely may have to undergo surgery soon loves to pick at her food. SO cute and quirky!1!!"

There's a real possibility that she won't be strong enough to have surgery, especially since she vomits up what little she is able to eat. Nothing about her eating habits are cute. NOT IN THE SLIGHTEST.

Attachments

• Wow
  • Sad
This irks me too and makes me feel a bit uncomfortable, put some clothes on! Bothers me when other vloggers do it too.

• Heart
When I say “remission”, I’m talking about the context of it meaning she’s getting better or is headed towards being “cancer-free”. If it stays the same (no change), that’s better than it spreading obviously, but without surgery, she can’t have curative treatment. That’s the “impossible” thing I was referring to, and what remission means without doing surgery — managing stage IV (if the last oncologist was correct). Hopefully this clarifies what I meant a bit better.

I don’t know how she came up with that. She often says things that don’t make sense. My first concern was perhaps she has C-Diff again. Her appearance and description of her symptoms were very unusual for just having scans (and being pre-biopsy). I hope she doesn’t downplay her symptoms again so they can rule it out.

A little credit to Tiffany that this video actually had medical focus and substance, unlike the normal clickbaits. Obviously missing a ton of information still, but it’s more than we normally get.
Yes, I agree! We did get more, and there was a lot more substance. I think Tiffany was also worried about c-diff. Yes, I hope she doesn’t downplay her symptoms either! It seems like she’s hesitant to mention things to the doctor.

This comment on her latest video is quite possibly the most mind-numbingly stupid thing I've read all week. "This underweight cancer patient who very likely may have to undergo surgery soon loves to pick at her food. SO cute and quirky!1!!"

There's a real possibility that she won't be strong enough to have surgery, especially since she vomits up what little she is able to eat. Nothing about her eating habits are cute. NOT IN THE SLIGHTEST.
I saw that comment too! I thought it was the silliest comment that I have seen!

Reactions: 5
She is 30 yrs old and last year was diagnosed with colorectal cancer. Her most recent test results showed it is stage IIIc. However, this last week she had a PET scan, MRI, bloodwork, and an extensive internal exam and biopsies under anesthesia so we expect she will get the results this week. At diagnosis she was told it was too big for surgery but the Royal Marsden is willing to do a pelvic exenteration ( google this) IF she doesn’t have mets they consider significant enough to make it pointless to do it. She had a chance at this surgery 8 weeks ago but decided to wait & get retested in 6 weeks - supposedly on the recommendation of her primary surgeon. She appears to be in denial - seems to think the cancer might just go away without surgery.
Thank you! I was confused.

Also to clarify some things about Colonoscopy.. You eat a low fibre diet for approximately 4-5 days prior to the procedure. Depending on when you have your procedure you either take the bowel prep the day before (after noonish) or on the day if you have an appointment in the afternoon.

Sedation or Entenox is offered or you can have the procedure without if tolerated. Biopsy’s do not hurt and I’ve never heard of a shower gel being used before it! And I work in Bowel Cancer care.

In all honesty this whole story seems very fishy to me. If you’ve got Bowel Cancer the MDT team are straight on it, there’s no ifs and buts!! Ultimately it’s up to the patient what their wishes are, but I highly doubt her Care team would be faffing about.

Reactions: 9
Who thinks she’s lying? I’m simply stating that, unless there’s a huge miscommunication about her cancer from the start, then medically, there’s no way to avoid surgery and have curative treatment at this stage. I’m aware there are new people to the thread, but it’s people from the old threads that keep theorizing about remission after it’s been beaten to death. I’m just trying to clarify that your instinct is right (that it’s impossible to be “cancer-free” without surgery).

Fake weirdos pandering to their religious following.
I wonder if you’re talking about me pushing for the theory she might be cured without surgery ? If so I would like to clarify : I agree with you that (almost) all colorectal cancers stage 1 2 3 can only be cured with surgery.
You might not say that she’s lying but you seem to think she is the one who chose the wait and watch approach, whereas she says the surgeon/the team pushed for the wait and watch. It’s only speculation but if the team really chose WW they surely know why.
Maybe it’s because she is very advanced locally stage 3c (but coded 4a in USA) and they are not sure about the benefits of surgery ( if not everything is removed perfectly and if some microscopic cancerous cells are left then risks of lungs metas following the surgery are augmented ).
And do we even know where is located the tumor exactly ? It seems to me that it’s very low ( rectal area). Colorectal cancer is an umbrella term for colon and rectal cancers but maybe she has a rectal cancer ? Do we even know that ?Because management of rectal cancers is quite different than colon cancers and actually I am sorry to insist but there are many trials going on around the world and yes it is possible (only in some cases though) to cure RECTAL cancers without surgery. It happens and even if it’s still quite rare it’s not a miracle. There are ongoing debates between experts and I guess that if you were an expert oncologist you would be on the side of experts wanting the surgery at any costs and in any situations ( and I might be as well ) but maybe Tiffany’s team are some experts on the other side they obviously know better than we do and they chose wait and watch for the moment . We can only speculate maybe it’s because she is almost stage 4 maybe it’s because she is locally advanced rectal cancer with a near complete response and they want to know if she can get in a wait and watch, maybe she will have the surgery at some point, in a few weeks or in a few years (?) who knows … Only speculation here since Tiffany could not explain her treatment plan properly but I am only a bit more nuanced because I am sorry but yes for sure some few RECTAL cancers (even locally advanced stage 3) are cured without surgery . Some patients do have lived the rest of their lives with no reoccurrence . It does happen rarely and only in some cases and we don’t even know if Tiffany is nearly complete response / if it’s gonna be her case and for how long but I am sorry it’s not always impossible since it does happen.

Reactions: 8
That must be Betadine scrub (povidone iodine). Indeed a well known pre op preparation agent.

I wonder if you’re talking about me pushing for the theory she might be cured without surgery ? If so I would like to clarify : I agree with you that (almost) all colorectal cancers stage 1 2 3 can only be cured with surgery.
You might not say that she’s lying but you seem to think she is the one who chose the wait and watch approach, whereas she says the surgeon/the team pushed for the wait and watch. It’s only speculation but if the team really chose WW they surely know why.
Maybe it’s because she is very advanced locally stage 3c (but coded 4a in USA) and they are not sure about the benefits of surgery ( if not everything is removed perfectly and if some microscopic cancerous cells are left then risks of lungs metas following the surgery are augmented ).
And do we even know where is located the tumor exactly ? It seems to me that it’s very low ( rectal area). Colorectal cancer is an umbrella term for colon and rectal cancers but maybe she has a rectal cancer ? Do we even know that ?Because management of rectal cancers is quite different than colon cancers and actually I am sorry to insist but there are many trials going on around the world and yes it is possible (only in some cases though) to cure RECTAL cancers without surgery. It happens and even if it’s still quite rare it’s not a miracle. There are ongoing debates between experts and I guess that if you were an expert oncologist you would be on the side of experts wanting the surgery at any costs and in any situations ( and I might be as well ) but maybe Tiffany’s team are some experts on the other side they obviously know better than we do and they chose wait and watch for the moment . We can only speculate maybe it’s because she is almost stage 4 maybe it’s because she is locally advanced rectal cancer with a near complete response and they want to know if she can get in a wait and watch, maybe she will have the surgery at some point, in a few weeks or in a few years (?) who knows … Only speculation here since Tiffany could not explain her treatment plan properly but I am only a bit more nuanced because I am sorry but yes for sure some few RECTAL cancers (even locally advanced stage 3) are cured without surgery . Some patients do have lived the rest of their lives with no reoccurrence . It does happen rarely and only in some cases and we don’t even know if Tiffany is nearly complete response / if it’s gonna be her case and for how long but I am sorry it’s not always impossible since it does happen.
Yes, her cancer is even named low rectal adenocarcinoma, if I remember the letter correctly. So it's definitely in the rectal anal area.
I heard that rectal cancer is more 'serious' and harder to treat (and to remove) than colon cancer. This is because it spreads locally more easily than colon cancer.

Last edited:
  • Sad

No, when you see the name of the person who post this it makes sense. It is very rude comment packed in a wonderful shiny box with a bow on top. He / she has also made that nasty comment about her hair. 🤣

• Wow
  • Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.