TiffanyThinks #4 TiffanyDrinks

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
To be honest, I feel like I can joke about her slippers and merch as I kind of am persuaded by her optimistic attitude. in the beginning she was so sad and desperate, especially when she first thought her lung was affected, and she seemed realistic and not deflecting.

Therefore I took her lighter mood over the last couple of months as a positive sign.

I might of course be mislead, however, I don't think I would make fun of her quirks if I would not have been persuaded by her light-heartedness I think.

Youtube video feedback: "SO ANNOYED! *tea with tiffanythinks* EP.15"

View attachment 1671398
That's a lot of dislikes, no?

• Heart
Reactions: 12
For any of you who have Twitter accounts, if you use the search function and put in pelvic exenteration you will find a lot of tweets. Overall it is VERY encouraging. The surgery was first done in 1947 and massive advances have been made since then and advances are still being made. And you will see some tweets by people who have had it done and are enjoying their lives. One of the Royal Marsden surgeons is in some of the tweets. I would call it a major surgery but not “brutal” as that word might be upsetting to people who are planning to have it.
I think it was Tiffany's surgeon who told her that the surgery is brutal. And the consequences of it are even more so. The recovery can last 6 months and there are many infections. Yes I hope the patient can still enjoy their lives. I read some accounts of people who had it and they are realistic. Yes they are happy they are alive but it's often not easy. Mentally and physically.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Sadly yes, in her case wrt a T4b tumour with the blood vessels having reached the walls of the vagina, rectum and anus. I think for Tiffany she's always thought that it would be a simple cut around the tumour to remove it (see her cancer results *emotional* May 15). Now, why would she think that? It was only barely 2 months ago in that surgery or no surgery that it dawned on her what the surgery would entail. And therefore she took the wait and see option.
However she had been told numerous times exactly what the surgery entails! She clearly refuses to accept it or listen to it, I think everyone can understand her reluctance to it, however it is her reality. It may be she can wait and watch again and keep goi with that until things change.

Reactions: 8
I agree, I understood they both where devastated with the news. It was just so heartless to tell Amma to stop crying because there was "no need" according to princess Tiffany. I wonder how Amma felt after hearing this when minutes later Tiffany bawls her eyes out.
It really stupefied me to see her be treated this way. Like a heartless father who would tell his kid to tough it up and basically cry if he sees a need for it and completely highjack his emotional response system.
Amma seems to be walking on eggshells a bit around Tiffany, Am I correct?

Indeed it sure is. Sadly petitions have been made by "influencers" to shut down the website.
That was horrible. I wrote in the comments for that video 'Let Amma cry if she feels like it!' But I felt bad and deleted it. It took me aback how she behaved. It was in opposition to the sweet persona she was trying to portray. Demanding your mum to stop crying cause 'there is no need for it'.
I think everyone is walking on eggshells around her. Probably even Matt. Maybe Matt the most cause he is around her the most.

• Sad
Reactions: 12
I think it was Tiffany's surgeon who told her that the surgery is brutal. And the consequences of it are even more so. The recovery can last 6 months and there are many infections. Yes I hope the patient can still enjoy their lives. I read some accounts of people who had it and they are realistic. Yes they are happy they are alive but it's often not easy. Mentally and physically.
Yes, I have followed a couple of channels in which the young ladies have had that surgery. Both of them are enjoying life, although it certainly does have challenges. One is called “Survivor Jelena”. She had the surgery due to cancer. The other is called, “Let’sTalkIBD”. She had the surgery because of severe IBD, but I don’t think she had cancer. Both channels are very informative. I understand Tiffany not wanting the surgery, but I think she can get through it with lots of love and support.

Reactions: 8
LetstalkIBD didn’t have the full OP, she had her rectum and lower colon removed. Still a huge surgery.

Reactions: 10
LetstalkIBD didn’t have the full OP, she had her rectum and lower colon removed. Still a huge surgery.
Oh okay! Thank you for clarifying that, I wasn’t sure. But yes, is was a huge surgery. I admire both of those ladies!

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Youtube video feedback: "SO ANNOYED! *tea with tiffanythinks* EP.15". . .
The video you referenced, as of the time I am typing this, has 1.8K dislikes and 4.2K likes according to my Firefox browser with the you-tube dislike plug-in. Your screenshot shows the same likes but 2.1K dislikes. Why is there such a discrepancy?
For comparison, the following video, "PET SCAN AT HOSPITAL *cancer*" is showing 4.3Klikes and 748 dislikes.
The previous video to the one you indicated, "can't sleep (spend the night with me) *cancer* is showing 3.4K likes and 841 dislikes.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 5
What I don't get - she thinks that her tumour has turned into scar tissue instead of being cancerous. But the tumour she had was highly vascular and invaded her uterus, vagina and rectum. So even if it has turned into scar tissue don't they need to get rid of that? Surely that can't stay in her body forever now because what if there are active cells they missed in there?
If there are active cells they missed, it must have been on microscopic level , they probably won’t miss them if they start to spread / grow and they think they will be able to do surgery before it’s too late . If no active cells are found in the last round of tests then yes the tumour can stay there for a while, (till there is evidence of cancerous activity ) that’s why they seemingly chose Wait and Watch.

The video you referenced, as of the time I am typing this, has 1.8K dislikes and 4.2K likes according to my Firefox browser with the you-tube dislike plug-in. Your screenshot shows the same likes but 2.1K dislikes. Why is there such a discrepancy?
Not everyone gets updated at the same time. I've explained how the extension works before and I'm lazy right now, so put simply, they take data from each user, do bulk updates, during which time some servers (depending on browser status and location) are slower to reflect updates than others. It can be up to a week in delay. You're essentially seeing the previous dislike count, as it's not done "live", as it would be from Youtube directly. If I'm explaining this poorly, look at my old posts describing how it works. The more people that download the extension, the better it functions.

Last edited:
Not everyone gets updated at the same time. I've explained how the extension works before and I'm lazy right now, so put simply, they take data from each user, do bulk updates, during which time some servers (depending on browser status and location) are slower to reflect updates than others. It can be up to a week in delay. You're essentially seeing the previous dislike count, as it's not done "live", as it would be from Youtube directly. If I'm explaining this poorly, look at my old posts describing how it works. The more people that download the extension, but better it functions.
I realized about the updates, but I didn't realize it took so long. I provided the likes and dislikes for the video previous to the one you indicated, and to the video posted after the one you indicated, in case you would like to compare the numbers for yourself. (I edited my earlier post.) Thanks.

I realise that I sound deeply cynical but I wonder whether she withholds good news as well as bad? Good news could lose her followers and therefore money.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I realise that I sound deeply cynical but I wonder whether she withholds good news as well as bad? Good news could lose her followers and therefore money.
I think this is a reasonable thought, it would def show her manipulative nature if so!

Reactions: 13
It might be a possibility indeed, I wondered about it too, if she is told she is in remission will she still put cancer in every title three times a week even if she only has a scan every three months and hardly speak about it ? And we all know including her that she had so many followers because of the cancer content and cancer in the titles , before that she had only two or three thousand of followers …

• Heart
I just don’t see how she could go from the position she was in, with 6-12 months and the most brutal surgery there is with only one person agreeing to even try it, to remission after no more treatment. Either she’d have had to lie in the first place and made it up how bad it is, which she didn’t because we’ve seen the letters, or she’s a modern day miracle which seems highly unlikely.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I just don’t see how she could go from the position she was in, with 6-12 months and the most brutal surgery there is with only one person agreeing to even try it, to remission after no more treatment. Either she’d have had to lie in the first place and made it up how bad it is, which she didn’t because we’ve seen the letters, or she’s a modern day miracle which seems highly unlikely.
They said 6-12 months before the treatments … And what do you mean no more treatment ? She finished another round of chemo only two months ago, and the last scans and biopsies were clean and the tumour didn’t grow so yes that might be considered remission if the last results are coming back clean …obviously they spoke about the surgery being the end goal because it’s the end goal in every cancer protocols when possible and she might have it one day but because the surgery is so difficult and life changing they hope to be able to delay it hence the wait and watch . Wait and watch can last for months / years it’s definitely not a miracle . It’s a controversial strategy but according to her situation that’s probably one of the best, since her surgeon and Marsden is one of the best they surely know what they do …

I haven’t been following closely but I remember at one point she was desperate for a surgery date? What changed?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.