TiffanyThinks #4 TiffanyDrinks

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So sad that she is so delusional. She must choose for this MOAS (Mother Of All Surgeries) or else she will die. I really don’t believe that the tumour has been changed after all the chemotherapy and radiotherapy. It was too big from the start onwards and a malignant mass don’t change overnight in a mass in situ.

Reactions: 11
So sad that she is so delusional. She must choose for this MOAS (Mother Of All Surgeries) or else she will die. I really don’t believe that the tumour has been changed after all the chemotherapy and radiotherapy. It was too big from the start onwards and a malignant mass don’t change overnight in a mass in situ.
The most recent medical report she flashed indicated "M0", so, it had not spread pre-8 week interval.

Reactions: 5
Ah but you see, she perceives it very differently. Oncologists commented on that fateful vid asking world for advice, that cancer is not predictable, it can spread very fast. But she kept thinking her cancer will not spread, because it has not spread that much at all. Then she also acknowledged the fact that it has spread, looking at all the nearby organs that her tumour has reached, including uterus and bladder area, aside from the 3 areas I mentioned earlier. So, she knows her cancer is pretty aggressive. (Source: CANCER CAN SPREAD *tea with Tiffanythinks* ep. 10)

The most recent medical report she flashed indicated "M0", so, it had not spread pre-8 week interval.
Yes but we are eight weeks further in time. Meanwhile she had no treatment whatsoever so I am afraid. I am very afraid of the outcome of the tests. The mass was too big and was attached to other organs as well.

• Sad
Reactions: 17
I honestly don't think she thought that out very well; she just made it easy for her family & friends to remember, but it also made it easy for Jo Public to find her too. I don't think on her own she's intuitively clever, I don't get that impression from her videos. Experienced on YT after so many years, yes. Experienced shopper, yes. Experienced taster of other people's food: yes. Experienced matcher of greys to blues and whites in home decor and Christmas themes, definitely. But, I am not thinking of Tiffany as an astute critical thinker.

I don't think she's ever described the surgery details has she? Has she ever used the terminology "PE", or is it just knowledgeable subs who offered the terminology of what would be involved?

Sadly, I don't think Tiffany's channel has ever been steeped with a deep understanding of the medical journey she's been on. If she has a better understanding, she has not shared it with her supporters beyond the superficial details as well as a much deeper exploration into the physical facades, the hallways she walks down and the waiting rooms she sits in.
The only surgery description I remember was so,etching like “take everything out of the pelvis.” I think one day she got a letter that upset her and she said she and Matt would look at it later - that letter might have told her whether it would be anterior, posterior or total exenteration.

Reactions: 8
I don't think she's ever described the surgery details has she? Has she ever used the terminology "PE", or is it just knowledgeable subs who offered the terminology of what would be involved?

Sadly, I don't think Tiffany's channel has ever been steeped with a deep understanding of the medical journey she's been on. If she has a better understanding, she has not shared it with her supporters beyond the superficial details as well as a much deeper exploration into the physical facades, the hallways she walks down and the waiting rooms she sits in.
Of course, her channel is not about educating the educated. You have to get the education somewhere else.

The only surgery description I remember was so,etching like “take everything out of the pelvis.” I think one day she got a letter that upset her and she said she and Matt would look at it later - that letter might have told her whether it would be anterior, posterior or total exenteration.
Would you remember the timeline? I remember this scene too.

Reactions: 7
Of course, her channel is not about educating the educated. You have to get the education somewhere else.

Would you remember the timeline? I remember this scene too.
Sorry no, I don’t remember when. I thought about going looking for it but decided not to. I‘m horrified that she didn’t get the surgery when the surgeon offered it and upset now that I know the things influencers do to increase views so ad $ increase. I feel manipulated but also concerned for her and decided to not watch anymore. Very grateful for your summaries.

Reactions: 9
Sorry no, I don’t remember when. I thought about going looking for it but decided not to. I‘m horrified that she didn’t get the surgery when the surgeon offered it and upset now that I know the things influencers do to increase views so ad $ increase. I feel manipulated but also concerned for her and decided to not watch anymore. Very grateful for your summaries.
Understandable, let's not hurt ourselves over her. I think I can surmise it would have to be around the surgery or no surgery vid.

Yes but we are eight weeks further in time. Meanwhile she had no treatment whatsoever so I am afraid. I am very afraid of the outcome of the tests. The mass was too big and was attached to other organs as well.
That's why everyone was afraid and asking for more information. All she told us was both her surgeon and her oncologist agreed on the WW protocol. Her surgeon's nurse as well as another oncologist have also weighed in in the meantime. All we know is everyone apparently feels comfortable with this approach pending the results of the latest round of scans and biopsies.

However, Tiffany has not provided US that very critical piece of info of the WHY the WW was indicated which has left us all floundering and speculating and worried over these past weeks. Perhaps she'll be more forthcoming as to her status now? We can all cross our pinkies and our toes that clarity is on the horizon (and good news for Tiffany).

• Heart
That's why everyone was afraid and asking for more information. All she told us was both her surgeon and her oncologist agreed on the WW protocol. Her surgeon's nurse as well as another oncologist have also weighed in in the meantime. All we know is everyone apparently feels comfortable with this approach pending the results of the latest round of scans and biopsies.

However, Tiffany has not provided US that very critical piece of info of the WHY the WW was indicated which has left us all floundering and speculating and worried over these past weeks. Perhaps she'll be more forthcoming as to her status now? We can all cross our pinkies and our toes that clarity is on the horizon (and good news for Tiffany).
😬 Be afraid, be very afraid.
It’s like watching a train crash happening in front of your eyes.

I found the part when she tells AMMA TO STOP CRYING!! Yet later on the same video she cries her eyes out!!
I rewatch that video from time to time because I feel like that was one of the few times we've gotten to see the full weight and reality of her situation. The appointment didn't go well and the news brought both Amma and Tiffany to tears. And the doctor says "well, the tumor was already pretty substantial to begin with". I felt bad for Amma in that moment too because she probably constantly feels like she needs to be the strong one, but in that moment she couldn't keep it together. And knowing her sister passed away from cancer brings it that much closer to home. Obviously the reality is hard for Tiffany to come to terms with too, but her mother is definitely the rock in their relationship.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
😬 Be afraid, be very afraid.
It’s like watching a train crash happening in front of your eyes.
Well, her surgeon DID say that the surgery option may have been better on her mental health which goes to show how unnerving it must be to feel like you might be sitting on a ticking time bomb only to be told it's too late to defuse it if you discover it's still live later on.

But her doctor, in his well earned experience and reputation, believed a WW approach was warranted based on the positive results 8 weeks ago. You can't discount that Tiffany received GOOD news 8 weeks ago even if she's been vague about what the results were beyond 'good response', 'scar tissue', 'mucus' 'no cancer on biopsies', etc. So, it might not necessarily be like watching a train crash since there was a distinct beneficial change in trajectory to justify holding off major surgical intervention. It's a question of whether those good results have persisted. And the status of her lung nodule (which ARE fairly common and might not be related to her pelvic mass) will also be a question mark unless it grows to a point to be biopsied.

I'm not feeling like a bystander to a trainwreck as if it was inevitable, I'm feeling like I'm on pins & needles as to how it will play out. I am trying to remain distant since Tiffany's explanation of her status may leave us with even more confusion which would really make me fed up.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
That's correct. She just said 'a major surgery', and 'complete pelvic removal' and 'everything out of the pelvis'. At other times she said removal of rectum, vagina, uterus wall. She never used the actual medical term.
She said she was crying cause the letter listed many doctors who would operate on her + the fact that the surgery would take 12 hours. It was a reminder that her surgery would be brutal. But you are right, the letter must have included the type of the operation.
I still think she knew very well what the surgery would entail cause the surgeon explained it to her a long time ago. But because of her denial, she never really fully processed or accepted it.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
To qualify as remission the tumour either doesn’t grow back (after shrinking or surgery) OR stays the same for a month after finishing treatment . A complete remission is no signs of disease on any tests as well ( biopsies scans not only MRI results ). I think she might be considered in remission if there is nothing changed/ no cancerous activity / no spreading in the new results even with the tumour still inside and still the same size . Chemo not only prevented distant metastasis but also killed cancerous cells in the tumour (and radiotherapy as well).
Thank you for the info!

That's correct. She just said 'a major surgery', and 'complete pelvic removal' and 'everything out of the pelvis'. At other times she said removal of rectum, vagina, uterus wall. She never used the actual medical term.
She said she was crying cause the letter listed many doctors who would operate on her + the fact that the surgery would take 12 hours. It was a reminder that her surgery would be brutal. But you are right, the letter must have included the type of the operation.
I still think she knew very well what the surgery would entail cause the surgeon explained it to her a long time ago. But because of her denial, she never really fully processed or accepted it.
Thanks for your helpful recall! 👍

Just as an aside, the platform used here by TattleLife has some great features not ordinarily found in other forums: clickable quote imbed to original quote, ease of accessing other users' info & past comments, added comment features, easy attach, etc. This forum is very user friendly! ✅️✅️✅️

Last edited:
I rewatch that video from time to time because I feel like that was one of the few times we've gotten to see the full weight and reality of her situation. The appointment didn't go well and the news brought both Amma and Tiffany to tears. And the doctor says "well, the tumor was already pretty substantial to begin with". I felt bad for Amma in that moment too because she probably constantly feels like she needs to be the strong one, but in that moment she couldn't keep it together. And knowing her sister passed away from cancer brings it that much closer to home. Obviously the reality is hard for Tiffany to come to terms with too, but her mother is definitely the rock in their relationship.
I feel terrible for Amma. I was rewatching some of Tiffany's older cancer journey videos from last year and during Vlogmas 2021 they went to get pedicures together and when the nail technician saw Tiffany (she was a family friend who knew her for years) she commented on her drastic weight loss and asked what happened to her. Amma burst into tears in the nail salon and Tiffany left Amma alone to talk to the nail tech because she felt like she needed a friend to vent to instead of having to be the strong one. It's easy to forget that Amma has lost a sister to cancer already and she must have nightmares about losing her daughter the same way. It has to be frustrating being a bystander while Tiffany consistently makes terrible decisions about her health and refuses to do research about her own condition

• Heart
For any of you who have Twitter accounts, if you use the search function and put in pelvic exenteration you will find a lot of tweets. Overall it is VERY encouraging. The surgery was first done in 1947 and massive advances have been made since then and advances are still being made. And you will see some tweets by people who have had it done and are enjoying their lives. One of the Royal Marsden surgeons is in some of the tweets. I would call it a major surgery but not “brutal” as that word might be upsetting to people who are planning to have it.

I agree, I understood they both where devastated with the news. It was just so heartless to tell Amma to stop crying because there was "no need" according to princess Tiffany. I wonder how Amma felt after hearing this when minutes later Tiffany bawls her eyes out.
It really stupefied me to see her be treated this way. Like a heartless father who would tell his kid to tough it up and basically cry if he sees a need for it and completely highjack his emotional response system.
Amma seems to be walking on eggshells a bit around Tiffany, Am I correct?

Thank you for the info!

Thanks for your helpful recall! 👍

Just as an aside, the platform used here by TattleLife has some great features not ordinarily found in other forums: clickable quote imbed to original quote, ease of accessing other users' info & past comments, added comment features, easy attach, etc. This forum is very user friendly! ✅️✅️✅️
Indeed it sure is. Sadly petitions have been made by "influencers" to shut down the website.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Angry
I doubt any doctor would tell someone with stage IIIc, even after surgery, that they were “cancer free” for years. My on/gyn’s wife had breast cancer and he told me that even though she got to year 5 without a recurrence they can’t assume cancer won’t recur. If she had the pelvic exenteration surgery Tiffany might get a “no evidence of disease“ after some clear scans.
Correct. My curative surgery was successful, but it can always come back. Tiffany’s use of “cancer-free” has always sounded like flight of fancy, not something a doctor would ever say. You’re also right that Tiffany could only be in true remission after surgery, not before. This cancer is aggressive and the waiting isn’t a good sign, like I’ve said so many times. Even if her cancer hasn’t grown in the last eight weeks, it’s a huge gamble because it will only metastasize with no action. That’s why I think she is already stage IV and they think the surgery isn’t worth it, or (if she is stage IIIC), that it’s a draw as to whether it would work. The lung nodule is worrying to the surgeon so it could be a met that isn’t on the paperwork yet, but they suspect it’s sinister. There’s no way they would wait if the prognosis was better with surgery.

The last RM oncologist said she was stage IV and while Tiffany was upset/confused, she never confirmed they were wrong.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Indeed it sure is. Sadly petitions have been made by "influencers" to shut down the website.
I understand why people might feel unfairly targeted on here or that many comments may be construed as simply "below the belt". Perhaps they are, although I take to heart Tattle's guidance that what is acceptable to one person may not be acceptable to another. The only "community standard" here beyond legal limits is set by the popularity (or lack thereof) ascribed to any comment. I would not engage with a comment I considered "mean girl-ish" or bullying, and I can see how it might bother someone who was a target of it if they were of the same disposition as me or even more sensitive. The internet is not an easy place upon which to lay your life out to the public for profit.

To the extent that Tattle Life reveals many commercial 'influencer' tricks and offers a venue for the audience to come together, I think this is a GOOD option. Reading the Guidelines here, they make sense to me while also regulating concerning actions that might jeopardise the safety or security of those named.

I might not agree with the tone of some comments, but my 'standard' of acceptability is not a global community standard and so I understand why TL does not want each poster to be judge and juror: skip over that which we do not agree with.

I haven't read a lot of other threads here, but I daresay THIS TT discussion has remained largely on point: some speculation, but virtually no straight up nastiness for its own titillating value. I've learned a lot, both research as well as from people sharing their personal experiences. To me, this should have been what the TT channel involved: much more substance and a lot less subterfuge and superficial stuff.

• Heart
I understand why people might feel unfairly targeted on here or that many comments may be construed as simply "below the belt". Perhaps they are, although I take to heart Tattle's guidance that what is acceptable to one person may not be acceptable to another. The only "community standard" here beyond legal limits is set by the popularity (or lack thereof) ascribed to any comment. I would not engage with a comment I considered "mean girl-ish" or bullying, and I can see how it might bother someone who was a target of it if they were of the same disposition as me or even more sensitive. The internet is not an easy place upon which to lay your life out to the public for profit.

To the extent that Tattle Life reveals many commercial 'influencer' tricks and offers a venue for the audience to come together, I think this is a GOOD option. Reading the Guidelines here, they make sense to me while also regulating concerning actions that might jeopardise the safety or security of those named.

I might not agree with the tone of some comments, but my 'standard' of acceptability is not a global community standard and so I understand why TL does not want each poster to be judge and juror: skip over that which we do not agree with.

I haven't read a lot of other threads here, but I daresay THIS TT discussion has remained largely on point: some speculation, but virtually no straight up nastiness for its own titillating value. I've learned a lot, both research as well as from people sharing their personal experiences. To me, this should have been what the TT channel involved: much more substance and a lot less subterfuge and superficial stuff.
Agreed. Learning lots on this thread and everyone is really friendly. I briefly looked into another thread and it’s very intense with people having a go at each other!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.