Tiffany Thinks #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just finished watching the video. Did the 3 confused amigos really say that 'if the surgeon finds no cancer during the biopsy, there will be no surgery' or did I imagine that? Just a few minutes before that Tiffany says that the 'cancer is back'. Does she not realise she is contradicting herself?

And Matt and Tiffany said that "if it looks like cancer (during the biopsy), the surgeon will not do the biopsy but do the surgery straight away" - Does that mean he did not see cancer during the last biopsy 8 weeks ago? How is this possible? So basically what happened is that the locally advanced cancer has grown and spread further (to the colon?). Them saying that it 'came back' is so odd. It never disappeared. How can they not understand such a basic thing?

Still, the craziest bit is Tiffany suggesting that her pelvic exenteration recovery will be about her being at home, relaxing, sleeping in bed, watching TV. And her similarly deluded sister confirming jovially: "That's what you do to recover, relaxing ..."
Nope you didn't imagine it her sister said the surgeon told them there would be a 4-6 wait again if no cancer was found from the biopsy.

Reactions: 8
Well, I don't think her YT performance matters much now. What I saw in the last few moments of that video was not contrived, but rather a very painful awakening happening. So very sad. Perhaps living in denial for 8 weeks was a gift of sorts, especially if delaying surgery has not jeopardized her survival chances. I have a sinking feeling, have had a sinking feeling, that perhaps the surgery is not being fast tracked because of a poor prognosis, and worry that now the surgery is palliative. Also, it seems strange for yet another biopsy to be performed, the scans should show where all of the cancer is located. They sure didn't give specifics did they, such as how many and which organs are involved. That seems strange to me. I would think the team would have been quite specific about that, but the three of them truly did not seem to know specifics....oh well. The look on her face at the last moment of the vid was pure shock and sadness. Just awful.

Reactions: 29
Nope you didn't imagine it her sister said the surgeon told them there would be a 4-6 wait again if no cancer was found from the biopsy.
I really don't understand that at all. It makes no sense to me when the scans showed more growth. I mean surely they know it's cancer so... it's madness really that they would wait 4-6 weeks yet again. Can anyone help explain?

Reactions: 9
I really don't understand that at all. It makes no sense to me when the scans showed more growth. I mean surely they know it's cancer so... it's madness really that they would wait 4-6 weeks yet again. Can anyone help explain?
I have no idea maybe more miscommunication? idk but her sister did say that you have to listen carefully, because as someone else mentioned they are all talking over each other.

Reactions: 9
The one thing that makes a little bit of sense to me: maybe they have a long list of people needing GI surgery and are ranking them as to urgency. The examination under anesthesia is standard pre pelvic exenteration surgery - I think to be sure that clean margins can be found.

Reactions: 6
i really don't think that is the plan...at all....plan is biopsy what they know is cancer and then surgery. I think she is not on the fast track because of her frail body condition. She is very underweight and at times even has problems walking even a short distance. I think they want to do surgery as soon as they can.

Reactions: 11
Well, I don't think her YT performance matters much now. What I saw in the last few moments of that video was not contrived, but rather a very painful awakening happening. So very sad. Perhaps living in denial for 8 weeks was a gift of sorts, especially if delaying surgery has not jeopardized her survival chances. I have a sinking feeling, have had a sinking feeling, that perhaps the surgery is not being fast tracked because of a poor prognosis, and worry that now the surgery is palliative. Also, it seems strange for yet another biopsy to be performed, the scans should show where all of the cancer is located. They sure didn't give specifics did they, such as how many and which organs are involved. That seems strange to me. I would think the team would have been quite specific about that, but the three of them truly did not seem to know specifics....oh well. The look on her face at the last moment of the vid was pure shock and sadness. Just awful.
I agree … the last seconds of that video looked like the ‘penny just dropped’ and she couldn’t turn the camera off fast enough.
Just maybe, Tiffany will now truly believe that worrying about her vid’s is not where her primary focus needs to be because with all due respect to having such invasive surgery for a hopefully positive outcome, there remains no guarantee that post surgery they don’t find a satellite tumour that is currently seeding in unnoticed.
I think the nausea of reality may finally override the financial gain the past months have afforded.
Tiffany is an absolute fool and it’s ok to say she’s immature but at age 30, that just doesn’t cut it.
I am sure vlogmas won’t have a joyous merry appeal this year … it’s like the boy who cried wolf turned on its head …

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I believe they don't give details because Tiffany genuinely can't seem to get her head around any of it. It's hard for us to understand how this could be possible, I know, but that's personally what I believe is happening. She has been in denial and is now trying to grasp it all. She never really had a grip on things to begin with and seems in shock now. She's mostly been leaving it up to God it seems, which is incredibly frustrating. Both Amma and her sister are very religious as well, so they seem to follow the same path. I agree about the last moments in the video, it was heartbreaking. I could feel how scared she was, it was really hard to watch.

Last edited:
Reactions: 18
i really don't think that is the plan...at all....plan is biopsy what they know is cancer and then surgery. I think she is not on the fast track because of her frail body condition. She is very underweight and at times even has problems walking even a short distance. I think they want to do surgery as soon as they can.
yep also there is a 30 day prep that someone posted earlier for this surgery.

I heard them say that as well, which certainly makes sense, but what was the bit about her sister mentioning waiting 4-6 weeks again if the biopsies are clear? I mean... that's crazy. Surely that won't be happening and the surgery will proceed this time.

Reactions: 7
She said surgeon recommend her to wait- I don't believe that. The doctors shouldn't really do this- they should present all options of the treatment, explain pros and cons, but on the end of the day is patient life and patient decision. Not the doctor's.

I think Tiff is not ready for the surgery, and I don't think she will ever be. She is hoping if she closes her eyes gard enough the cancer will go away. But the reality is harsh- as a cancer patient you need to fight for your life. I don't think she is strong enough.
what if results is bad but not telling u

I do recall Tiffany saying in the video the cancer ‘appears’ to have grown because there is now a ‘thickened’ area in the colon.
Thickened is indicative but not conclusive of cancer so until they biopsy that ‘thickened’ area, they do not know for sure that it is in fact tumour.
Given there is suspicion Tiffany has a hx of some chronic bowel condition, thickening could in fact be innocent, but probably not.
The repeat biopsies and EUA will afford the surgeon a better picture of just what needs removing … I would think that is why the repeat biopsy rather than straight to surgery. All my thoughts only, but certainly plausible and I have seen this scenario before.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I agree … the last seconds of that video looked like the ‘penny just dropped’ and she couldn’t turn the camera off fast enough.
Just maybe, Tiffany will now truly believe that worrying about her vid’s is not where her primary focus needs to be because with all due respect to having such invasive surgery for a hopefully positive outcome, there remains no guarantee that post surgery they don’t find a satellite tumour that is currently seeding in unnoticed.
I think the nausea of reality may finally override the financial gain the past months have afforded.
Tiffany is an absolute fool and it’s ok to say she’s immature but at age 30, that just doesn’t cut it.
I am sure vlogmas won’t have a joyous merry appeal this year … it’s like the boy who cried wolf turned on its head …
[/QUOTE
There were other such 'real' moments with her in the past. For example her reaction to the letter about the surgery.
I believe they don't give details because Tiffany genuinely can't seem to get her head around any of it. It's hard for us to understand how this could be possible, I know, but that's personally what I believe is happening. She has been in denial and is now trying to grasp it all. She never really had a grip on things to begin with and seems in shock now. She's mostly been leaving it up to God it seems, which is incredibly frustrating. Both Amma and her sister are very religious as well, so they seem to follow the same path. I agree about the last moments in the video, it was heartbreaking. I could feel how scared she was, it was really hard to watch.
It's ok to not give details but then don't have a cancer channel with 'cancer' in every title and don't capitalise on your illness. It's just wrong. She cannot get her head around her illness but she very much gets her head around the fact that the illness and her milking of it is earning her a lot of money.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I do recall Tiffany saying in the video the cancer ‘appears’ to have grown because there is now a ‘thickened’ area in the colon.
Thickened is indicative but not conclusive of cancer so until they biopsy that ‘thickened’ area, they do not know for sure that it is in fact tumour.
Given there is suspicion Tiffany has a hx of some chronic bowel condition, thickening could in fact be innocent, but probably not.
The repeat biopsies and EUA will afford the surgeon a better picture of just what needs removing … I would think that is why the repeat biopsy rather than straight to surgery. All my thoughts only, but certainly plausible and I have seen this scenario before.
Thank you for your thoughts. That makes sense. Hopefully even if the biopsies of the area come back clear they will just be mapping things and proceeding to surgery then. It's her sister mentioning wait and watch for another 4-6 weeks that was confusing.

It is quite common for patients not to delve deeply into their diagnosis. That is a very scary trip to make and many are not mentally or emotionally up to it. Again I say that to those on the outside of the cancer arena their behaviour may seem bizarre but to those who see it every day it isn’t.
Thats fine. People can be in denial. But then why run a YouTube channel, focusing on *cancer*, if you’re in denial?

I think that’s the main thing that’s frustrating the heck out of viewers.

Reactions: 6
Seems strange that 3 of them were not really concerned but were chatty in the car after the meeting. Her sis and Matt showed no sign of worry or disappointment/sadness that the tumour has grown and that she needs surgery soon. They seem to take it so easy. However, the last bit of the video when she was alone, really showed her fear of the unknown. 😱

• Heart
Reactions: 15
She doesn't say that the cancer 'appears' to have grown. She said that the tumor has grown back/came back and all the scans are showing a thickening in a certain area that her team are worried about and basically the tumor came back. Of course it was already there, but this is Matt's terminology (regrowth/came back) that Tiffany picks up and uses too.

Reactions: 12
But there is no guarantee that he can do the biopsy. And the original tumor is still there. It didnt "come back", her onc told her it was there and hadnt changed. T and Matt are truly clueless and have selective memories.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Seems strange that 3 of them were not really concerned but were chatty in the car after the meeting. Her sis and Matt showed no sign of worry or disappointment/sadness that the tumour has grown and that she needs surgery soon. They seem to take it so easy. However, the last bit of the video when she was alone, really showed her fear of the unknown. 😱
Do you guys think that Tif just puts on a front in front of Matt and family members so that she is appearing strong? She did say she hates seeing other people upset.

I think Matt will hang around, I believe he's in it for the long haul.

Being a perpetual optimist, I think he has the best kind of personality to take this in stride, support Tiffany, and figure out ways around any limitations that will arise due to surgery.

That's the nice thing about an optimist, they see circumstances as glass "half full". He'll figure out what works and work to maximise their focus on that in terms of mind, body and deeper spiritual connection and experiencing happiness together.

I think he can help her enormously, to soothe her and reassure her that it will be okay, they'll work it out. That's my relationship prediction, worth what you paid for it...🥴
I appreciate your opinion but I think their relationship is not deep enough to survive the upcoming challenges. Also, Matt is relatively young and every man has needs. Think it’s better for him to leave while they are ahead (1 year of cohabitating?) than cheat on her or leave her in the future. I can’t see him in the long term…just my opinion. 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Sad
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.