Tiffany Thinks #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I watch her videos, but find myself being really annoyed at her. I think I can count only two videos where she is genuine. The rest of the time, her video's seem to be based in denial. I would post this on there, but I know I'll get flamed for not thinking 'we've got this' when clearly nothing has been got.

Reactions: 7
So the surgeon met her and Amma after the previous failed biopsy. Not sure what he said but they were clearly so happy and even cuddled him. After the meeting with her medical team last Friday, she, her sister and Matt were looking relaxed as well and they went to have pizza. It is only now that she is sharing the truth about the results and forthcoming surgery and has cleared up a lot of confusion with the viewers.

Reactions: 12
So the surgeon met her and Amma after the previous failed biopsy. Not sure what he said but they were clearly so happy and even cuddled him. After the meeting with her medical team last Friday, she, her sister and Matt were looking relaxed as well and they went to have pizza. It is only now that she is sharing the truth about the results and forthcoming surgery and has cleared up a lot of confusion with the viewers.
i think she was in shock..i doubt if much fun was had at nandos

• Sad
Reactions: 14
I greatly hope I'm wrong but I have such a bad feeling that during this W&W period the cancer cells may have travelled to distant areas around her body, but obviously it's way too soon to see any substantial tumours/metastases yet... Cancer cells can spread so quickly... I really hope I'm wrong, because I cannot imagine going through this life-changing surgery only to find out that the cancer is still there and it's another long road ahead. I'm also concerned about how Matt is going to deal with this, I think it's obvious that he does not understand the severity of the surgery and that it's not as simple as having the operation = cancer free and living a "normal life" where nobody thinks about cancer anymore :(
well said. as @AlwaysScience mentioned the operation as such might still fail if more cancer is found during surgery than there was visible on the imaging scans. So there´s the possibility that the surgeons open the abdomen and close it again without having removed what they planned to remove. So even local growth or local spread can make surgery worthless, no need for metastases.
Regarding darling Matt: he talks about it as if TT had to deal with an appendicitis or something. Let´s cut it out, recover/relax from surgery watching TV and everything is fine. I wonder if he really believes that or he just wants to comfort her (or maybe himself).

Reactions: 16
looks like we won´t see any more giggly videos about tea and cozy gowns. in Poland they say "prawda zawsze boli", the truth always hurts.

regarding the surgery: from what I understood it´s not even 100 % sure her surgeon will do it...can anyone explain on what it depends ? the biopsy, yes, but what result would mean "green light" or not ? @Doc22 @AlwaysScience ?
From what I understood ( and maybe I should rewatch it because the three of them were confusing and a bit confused themselves ) it seems that there are three options :
1 he can do the biopsy and if everything looks fine/ non cancerous he will take a sample and if everything is good in the biopsies results maybe a bit more of wait and watch/ few weeks …? ( sister seemed to say so if I remember correctly)
2 during the biopsy he can see the thickening is cancerous without a doubt so the biopsy is stopped and surgery is right away ( the Wednesday or whenever the team is ready asap )
3 the biopsy is not possible so she will have the surgery probably soon after.
Because the biopsy cannot turn accidentally into surgery you know because a team is needed for the surgery. So if the biopsy is impossible because surgery is needed then I point for biopsy they will do the surgery .
Best case scenario (for her) the thickening is non cancerous and she will have more wait and watch. They never planned no to do surgery because they think it’s too late that’s not an option/ that has never been the plan.

• Wow
Reactions: 2
Why do you think so? I’d hope there’s a realistic possibility of killing all the cancer off.
Because cancer cells move around the body and she’s been off treatment for so long that it’s very likely that there will be cancer cells in her system that in future will start to grow in other organs.

Reactions: 14
She's the most honest when she's not feeling herself 🤔.. denial has not worked for her and it's all hitting her now,she needs to be mentally stable to get through this physically.

• Heart
what if the nutrition state she´s in could be called "cachexia" and she won´t be able to put on some weight or even lose more weight ?

in the car in Sunday´s video she said she needs to get fat. But she appears to become more and more underweight. I doubt that she can accomplish this goal.

Because cancer cells move around the body and she’s been off treatment for so long that it’s very likely that there will be cancer cells in her system that in future will start to grow in other organs.
right. as far as I understand from what I read on the internet the tit with colon cancer is that it can spread via the blood as well as via the lymph node system.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
well said. as @AlwaysScience mentioned the operation as such might still fail if more cancer is found during surgery than there was visible on the imaging scans. So there´s the possibility that the surgeons open the abdomen and close it again without having removed what they planned to remove. So even local growth or local spread can make surgery worthless, no need for metastases.
Regarding darling Matt: he talks about it as if TT had to deal with an appendicitis or something. Let´s cut it out, recover/relax from surgery watching TV and everything is fine. I wonder if he really believes that or he just wants to comfort her (or maybe himself).
Not quite sure that was in the options she was told by the doctors though . They already know they have to remove the worst parts basically so there is almost zero chance they will close everything and give up … They didn’t discuss this option at all… The main uncertainty is the bladder …

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Yeah this one was probably the most raw emotional video from her. You could tell right after the last appointment that she was processing things. She looked drained. Despite some of her earlier comments about the cancer "coming back" and Amma saying maybe there wasn't anything for the surgeon to biopsy, it's clear that she grasps the reality. Maybe everything before was just wishful thinking and coping. It's sad that she's also talking about what her absence would mean for her family and friends, instead of what losing her life would mean to her. I hope she does seek someone for mental help. It's very sad
it was difficult. it's even more sad she really didn't grasp her situation 8 weeks ago. I know some , including myself at times, thought she was being intentionally vague for views. however it does appear she really thought her tumor turned to mucus and was there but non cancerous. matt even saying 'it came back' well no it didn't it was there and grew some more and now part of the upper colon is showing thickening.
WW while not a total disaster because he's still willing to do surgery, surely was a bad call and did make it worse.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
That’s a possibility, but still this extensive surgery is done in the hope that this is not the case.

Reactions: 12
She was clearly devastated after their meeting with the surgeon and nurse last Friday according to the look on her face afterward in the video she posted Sunday.
I think she was happy after the surgeon visited because he reassured her that he would perform a biopsy if needed once he reviewed her recent scans.

Reactions: 5
Why do you think so? I’d hope there’s a realistic possibility of killing all the cancer off.
In 1947 when pelvic exenteration was “invented“ it was palliative. Huge improvements since then. PE now can include removal of bone if necessary.

Reactions: 13
I greatly hope I'm wrong but I have such a bad feeling that during this W&W period the cancer cells may have travelled to distant areas around her body, but obviously it's way too soon to see any substantial tumours/metastases yet... Cancer cells can spread so quickly... I really hope I'm wrong, because I cannot imagine going through this life-changing surgery only to find out that the cancer is still there and it's another long road ahead. I'm also concerned about how Matt is going to deal with this, I think it's obvious that he does not understand the severity of the surgery and that it's not as simple as having the operation = cancer free and living a "normal life" where nobody thinks about cancer anymore :(
I agree that it might already have spread

• Sad
Tiffany’s new video is heartbreaking. It is really horrific what she is about to go through. However, human beings have a strong innate survival instinct and will adapt to any situation. She can get through it and even live a full and happy life. It will take time but she will get used to her new body and it won’t be such a big deal after. Hopefully she will reach a point she is pain free too.

• Heart
In 1947 when pelvic exenteration was “invented“ it was palliative. Huge improvements since then. PE now can include removal of bone if necessary.
correct. The layer of fascia (sp?) between the rectum and tail bones is not large. To get margins, some of that bone sometimes needs to go. They will even take portions of the sacrum out as needed, which is astounding, anatomically, to see patients with half a sacrum recover and walk, even without frames!

Not quite sure that was in the options she was told by the doctors though . They already know they have to remove the worst parts basically so there is almost zero chance they will close everything and give up … They didn’t discuss this option at all… The main uncertainty is the bladder …
I don´t think this can be called an "option" and that it needs to be discussed. I understand it more like a risk of failure that´s always there if there is more cancer found once the abdomen is open. It would mean a "stop sign" for the surgeon from an ethical point of view I guess.

Reactions: 4
she looks like every thought she’s having is torturing her..do people ever have complete breakdowns in Tiffany’s situation? as it’s like a ripcord has just been pulled on all her worst nightmares and there’s no escape..I feel truly sorry for her..

• Sad
Reactions: 19
From what I understood ( and maybe I should rewatch it because the three of them were confusing and a bit confused themselves ) it seems that there are three options :
1 he can do the biopsy and if everything looks fine/ non cancerous he will take a sample and if everything is good in the biopsies results maybe a bit more of wait and watch/ few weeks …? ( sister seemed to say so if I remember correctly)
2 during the biopsy he can see the thickening is cancerous without a doubt so the biopsy is stopped and surgery is right away ( the Wednesday or whenever the team is ready asap )
3 the biopsy is not possible so she will have the surgery probably soon after.
Because the biopsy cannot turn accidentally into surgery you know because a team is needed for the surgery. So if the biopsy is impossible because surgery is needed then I point for biopsy they will do the surgery .
Best case scenario (for her) the thickening is non cancerous and she will have more wait and watch. They never planned no to do surgery because they think it’s too late that’s not an option/ that has never been the plan.
My understanding from last videp: He took a look at that suspicious area and if he sees cancer he wouldn't do biopsy because there is already cancer. If he cannot see cancer would do biopsy to confirm there is no cancer. Surgery will be in both cases

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.