Tiffany Thinks #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
OK appreciation post!

To the person who commented about the existence of Tattle Life in Tiffanythinks vlogs - tku! I'm so much more happier here than trying to get a word in there and then getting hounded by the Fox and Tick Brigade!
It’s now 👀 !!

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Probably. But she had a very hard time especially due to the radiation. I agree that she can physically withstand the surgery though. People underestimate her cause she is childish and immature and yes mentally she will have a very hard time (like anyone after PE) but her body will recover. She will have to get used to frequent infections and other complications.
Yeah, this kind of surgery would be mentally hard to everyone. She has no choice just adjust new different and harder life.

I never believe that surgeon told her he was going to treat her like his own sister... doctors communicate formal and realistic, if he said such thing it would build her hopes up
He said that. You can find that in her earlier video.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
How are you so certain of that?
Because it's the Royal Marsden,it's world class also her team are world class,do a bit of research and you'd know that,she is under the best care but she also has to accept that doctors also get sick,they have family emergencies etc,they are not immune from what the rest of us go through and will be unavailable sometimes,she's not the only person on their books and has to accept treatment from other teams,this doesn't make she is still not getting the best care available.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I don't think she went through her treatment 'as if nothing'. She had a lot of pain and she was relying on morphine a lot.
Exactly, lots of vomiting, lots of bleeding, weak and her iron-ferritin levels must be really low. And these few weeks before the operation I guess they will try to strenghten her physical condition.

Reactions: 4
OK appreciation post!

To the person who commented about the existence of Tattle Life in Tiffanythinks vlogs - tku! I'm so much more happier here than trying to get a word in there and then getting hounded by the Fox and Tick Brigade!
Fox is like the bouncer of a night club. Spamming that same sentence repeatedly. I hope Tiffany gets bored of reading the same notification from fox and blocks her.

Because it's the Royal Marsden,it's world class also her team are world class,do a bit of research and you'd know that,she is under the best care but she also has to accept that doctors also get sick,they have family emergencies etc,they are not immune from what the rest of us go through and will be unavailable sometimes,she's not the only person on their books and has to accept treatment from other teams,this doesn't make she is still not getting the best care available.
Yup. Even well respected oncologists and surgeons from the Christie in Manchester will often suggest second opinions from the Royal Marsden.

Reactions: 4
Yes but the surgery she is waiting for is called " Mother of all surgeries" for a reason.
It would be definitely the hardest experience in all of her cancer journey (if she decides to go ahead).
Mother of surgeries s HIPEC. It is given to people who have peritoneal metastasis. Since she doesn't have peritoneal metastasis I think she is going to have e-TME or b- TME.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 5
you have nothing to base this opinion. how has her team treated her poorly or not taken care of her ? She's been treated and now will have surgery, and has been filled in every step of the way.
Stop bashing her doctors and the hospital because she is an air head.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
exactly. nothing we've seen show her being ignored or mistreated or left in the dark. she is the one who has a hang up over only wanted to speak with her surgeon.

I thought 'gonk' was a Tiffany word.
I live and learn. Surprised that she didn't buy the one with a heart. Guess its not blue though https://www.next.co.uk/style/st880576/a38650#a38650
I don't think she bought it because she said 'oh it's a gonk' as if she it was opening a gift maybe? idk

• Heart
Doc I appreciate that we all have different opinions, but you really need to understand our healthcare system. Its currently swamped and overwhelmed.
Fast track is in place for a diagnosis. Sadly it doesn't always work out, but we do have a fast track system. After a diagnosis has been confirmed, patients are treated accordingly.
Surgery, and most def when several surgeons are required does take time.
T's surgeon has to have other surgeons available at the same time. It takes time to coordinate. All the surgeons on the same day at the same time.
Waiting a few weeks is normal and is actually fast. My next door neighbour has been waiting almost a year for a hip replacement.
I do not believe Tiffany would get surgery any faster even if she went private.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Doc I appreciate that we all have different opinions, but you really need to understand our healthcare system. Its currently swamped and overwhelmed.
Fast track is in place for a diagnosis. Sadly it doesn't always work out, but we do have a fast track system. After a diagnosis has been confirmed, patients are treated accordingly.
T's surgeon has to have other surgeons available at the same time. It takes time to coordinate. All the surgeons on the same day at the same time.
Waiting a few weeks is normal and is actually fast. My next door neighbour has been waiting almost a year for a hip replacement.
And then you have to hope there's a bed in ITU ( in winter , during flu season /covid when beds are already at a premium!)

• Heart
Not sure if he/she’s an NHS doc, if he is then he would be aware of that

• Heart
Reactions: 2
And then you have to hope there's a bed in ITU ( in winter , during flu season /covid when beds are already at a premium!)
Yes, I'd never even thought about that! The ICU/HDU bed situation.

Reactions: 2
How are you so certain of that?
Because I have knowledge of the medical system in this country, I have a sister going through cancer treatment and I know those who work at the Royal Marsden. Anyone who seriously thinks the hospital is the dodgy entity here is, frankly, an idiot.

Not sure if he/she’s an NHS doc, if he is then he would be aware of that
Doc isn’t a Doctor - anywhere! An armchair Doctor with the ability to use Google? Yeah. An actual Doctor - my arse,

• Heart
Reactions: 12
exactly. nothing we've seen show her being ignored or mistreated or left in the dark. she is the one who has a hang up over only wanted to speak with her surgeon.

I don't think she bought it because she said 'oh it's a gonk' as if she it was opening a gift maybe? idk
Gonks have been around for a long time. They are an Actual Thing. Unfortunately.

Because I have knowledge of the medical system in this country, I have a sister going through cancer treatment and I know those who work at theOh g Royal Marsden. Anyone who seriously thinks the hospital is the dodgy entity here is, frankly, an idiot.

Doc isn’t a Doctor - anywhere! An armchair Doctor with the ability to use Google? Yeah. An actual Doctor - my arse,
Oh good, you're back. That's a relief. I was thinking I'd have to up my Arse-ometer and answer that question!

• Haha
Agree with you. Have seen documentaries on the Tamils and women are definetely not skinny. Also they have a strong “ food culture”
Yes they are also amazing cooks and they enjoy their food. Same with indian women. Their body types are very normal, by no means skinny nor fat. In general.

I was surprised to see that Tiffany's diet is quite western (the bad type of western). She eats simple carbs, junk food, eggs, and no greens nor fiber. Never seen her eat beans, chickpeas or lentils. But that could stem from her life-long stomach problems.

Reactions: 5
I didn't criticize UK health system and the whole hospital where she is treated. It is the opposite. In my opinion UK has one of the best health care in the world and every one can be treated free. Where I live the health care is hundred times worse than yours. I just only reacted to the post that doesn't want be the surgeon's sister. I don't think someone from here wants to be his sister.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Well if there's one thing I've learnt from Tiffany's cancer vlogs. It's Gonk. Never heard of the word before!

We Gonk This!

• Haha
  • Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.