Tiffany Thinks #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Tiff hasn’t got the physical or mental strength to undergo this surgery. The surgeon I believe is also of this opinion which is why she was offered W&W.

Tiff’s vlog has created a wide audience on tenterhooks for her future. It’s like watching a slow car crash.

I hope I am wrong and that she surprises us all.

Reactions: 11
Tiff hasn’t got the physical or mental strength to undergo this surgery. The surgeon I believe is also of this opinion which is why she was offered W&W.

Tiff’s vlog has created a wide audience on tenterhooks for her future. It’s like watching a slow car crash.

I think we're underestimating her. She's come this far with her journey so I don't see why she shouldn't progress to the next stage. She's being treated at a top hospital. People who are slim can still have physical and mental strength. She will have a lot of support. And her being young should aid her recovery and healing. It's going to be pretty horrendous but that doesn't mean she can't do it.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
This whole thing could actually be the making of her. If she digs deep and knuckles down she’ll come out of the other side a better, stronger woman. I’m honestly bored of being irritated by her now, I want to see some grit and steely determination, I want to see her do this.

Please remind me of this at 6pm if she starts waffling about Christmas gonks and bleeping yoghurt. :rolleyes:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
This whole thing could actually be the making of her. If she digs deep and knuckles down she’ll come out of the other side a better, stronger woman. I’m honestly bored of being irritated by her now, I want to see some grit and steely determination, I want to see her do this.

Please remind me of this at 6pm if she starts waffling about Christmas gonks and bleeping yoghurt. :rolleyes:
I think she'll do it. The alternative isn't a good one if she wants to see a few more Christmas gonk-opportunities!

• Heart
Reactions: 10

I saw your post a few days ago re Tiffany and dealing with stoma care.

Your description made me smile … it was thought provoking, so true and reignited many memories of watching poor stoma care nurses educating patients in their early post op days.

Yes yes, mess upon mess with bags and tags, scissors, creams ,stomahesive, red inflamed peeling skin and leaks … lotsa leaks!!

Then infection and more red inflamed skin. Oh dear 😩
Tiffany has mountains to climb. The peak is so far away … she needs strength and lots of it!

To date she hasn’t demonstrated any positive ability to begin that ascent and she is weak in body and mind.

It’s fine to give encouragement and support but the fight needs to come from deep within oneself. I don’t see that anywhere with Princess Tiffany.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
Well, perhaps she will surprise us. It's possible, even probable imo. Yes she's flaky, insecure, frightened and confusing and it's not easy to watch her. But we've also seen her go into all her scans and appointments with a smile on, often on her own, gone through it all and come out again. So no reason to believe that she won't go for the operation and then learn how to handle life afterwards. I'm in no way trying to play down what the operation entails however. I know it's horrendous.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I think we're underestimating her. She's come this far with her journey so I don't see why she shouldn't progress to the next stage. She's being treated at a top hospital. People who are slim can still have physical and mental strength. She will have a lot of support. And her being young should aid her recovery and healing. It's going to be pretty horrendous but that doesn't mean she can't do it.
You are right, slim is not emaciated and her race is actually much more petite when compared to western. She is petite but not wasted.
Their average birthweight is approx 2.7kg.
Significantly lighter than western weights.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Yes but the surgery she is waiting for is called " Mother of all surgeries" for a reason.
It would be definitely the hardest experience in all of her cancer journey (if she decides to go ahead).

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I think when they tell her about the risks of the surgery (every surgery is a risk) she will decide not to have it.
I’m still thinking this. I hope I’m wrong, but from everything I’ve seen I can’t see her agreeing to it. The only way is if her whole family beg her to do it. One in ten apparently say no to it.

Well, perhaps she will surprise us. It's possible, even probable imo. Yes she's flaky, insecure, frightened and confusing and it's not easy to watch her. But we've also seen her go into all her scans and appointments with a smile on, often on her own, gone through it all and come out again. So no reason to believe that she won't go for the operation and then learn how to handle life afterwards. I'm in no way trying to play down what the operation entails however. I know it's horrendous.
I so hope you’re right. She has turned up and done what was asked of her, so fingers x she agrees as this is the only way she has a chance to live a long life. She frustrates me beyond anything, but I am heartbroken that she’s having to go through this. I wish she had just done it 8 weeks ago.

• Heart
I commented the same on her video. That many young people get this type of cancer these days, not just her. My comment was deleted.
Surely she can't think of herself as one of the youngest to ever be diagnosed. I was 26 and know of people much younger than myself. I just find her so odd.

• Heart
Amma will bear a great deal of the weight of the aftermath of this surgery. She will be the one cleaning the stoma, cutting the openings of the bag so it fits, holding the basin for Tiff to vomit into and hanging around the ward watching and waiting. She will be at Tiff's beck and call 24/7 for weeks. Her anxiety will be through the roof.

Hopefully Tiff has inherited some of Amma's stoicism.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I so hope you’re right. She has turned up and done what was asked of her, so fingers x she agrees as this is the only way she has a chance to live a long life. She frustrates me beyond anything, but I am heartbroken that she’s having to go through this. I wish she had just done it 8 weeks ago.
I hope you're all right too. I just wish she had someone stronger in her life to give her a talking to and a little kick up the back-side. All those close to her seem like such enablers, which isn't going to be helpful when going through something like this.

She will have had offers of counselling, but I can imagine Tiffany being the type to think that kind of thing is unnecessary. I've also seen many messages on her YouTube page from people who have been in similar situations, with helpful advice. Tiffany should be reaching out to some of these people, but instead she seems want to remain in her own bubble. It is all so frustrating to watch.

Reactions: 13
I hope i am not the only one laughing me head off. Haven't caught up yet, but omg! recommending surgery on the Gonk's bottom.... This person could be a genius of sarcasm.
You are not the only one laughing your head off. I find a lot of comedy here along with tragedy.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Here we can see in 2014 when Tiffany was 22 years old, how skinny she was. Pre cancer years. Either she had an eating problem or a medical problem. She did say in a video in March 2021 that she doesn’t gain weight and wonders why.
I personally think it is a medical problem. She talks a little bit about having surgery in her stomach area in her older videos. She also had videos where she says she needs regular Vitamin B12 and iron infusions. (She has deleted them). I have an auntie who has Ulcerative Colitis and Crohn’s disease, and she has had surgeries over the years and needed infusions as well. She has always been painfully thin. People used to think she had anorexia/eating disorder, but she doesn’t. She just can’t eat much. A couple of years ago she had to rest her intestines by not eating and using a feeding tube, prior to a surgery. In one of her older videos, Tiffany mentioned she was doing intermittent fasting to help rest her intestines. I can’t remember which video, but it was definitely before the cancer diagnosis. Tiffany has definitely gotten thinner since the cancer, especially in her face. That’s where I notice it the most. 😢

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Yes but the surgery she is waiting for is called " Mother of all surgeries" for a reason.
It would be definitely the hardest experience in all of her cancer journey (if she decides to go ahead).
Oh yes, I'm in no way disputing that. It is a massive surgery. Just thinking we shouldn't write her off as somebody who won't have it. It's going to save her life so I feel pretty sure that she will have it, however reluctantly.

Reactions: 7
I don't think she has a choice if she wants to live and yes if she had done it 8 weeks ago she'd be on the other side and down the track quite a bit but if she had of done it back then when she had not exhausted all her options she would be questioning maybe this maybe that, at least now she knows it's the only option and she must get on with it and I personally think she will because at 30 she'd want to live. Hopefully she comes out at the end in a year or so as warrior woman and proud of herself which she should very well be facing such a huge hurdle and getting through it. If so, she definately has this !! For this one I wish her all the very best.

• Heart
You are not the only one laughing your head off. I find a lot of comedy here along with tragedy.
Yes, lots. I laughed a lot at Gonk's Bottom yesterday and also Apricot Kernels and Brain-Zapping.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I think when they tell her about the risks of the surgery (every surgery is a risk) she will decide not to have it.
She has already been told the risks of the surgery. She mentioned the nurse explaining it to her. Plus, I'm sure the surgeon also did months ago. She knows everything. She makes it sound like everything is confusing but that must be just her being incredibly stupid + avoidance of reality + not wanting to disclose specifics in her vlogs. It's easier for her to tell us that it's all hectic and complicated than sit down and tell us what's going on. She always says 'Im not ready to talk about that' and 'I will make a separate video about that'. She is unable to discuss tragic medical details. Which, again, is fine but then don't have a cancer channel. The irony.

Last edited:
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.