Tiffany Thinks #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yes, lots. I laughed a lot at Gonk's Bottom yesterday
That gonk is getting the opposite of Tiff .. more added in to fix it :) Maybe she could do "we got this" Gonks and cosy "we got this" slippers for that matter.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
TPE surgery is horrific hey. And this is coming from a nurse who used to work in the operating theatres. I’m fine with the gory aspects of surgery (I even enjoy it - it’s fascinating).

But TPE is not an op I ever got the opportunity to scrub up for and damn, it’s next level. I’ve just been watching videos and looking at before/after/during surgery pics for over an hour. Holy crap it is FULL ON.

I’m 41 and single and I personally would turn down TPE surgery and would accept my death instead of going through that.

I know a lot of people won’t agree with me on that, for various reasons. And fair enough… each to his/her own.

Poor Tiff. Her immaturity, vagueness, denial, toxic positivity and lack of clarity may tit me to tears, but I wouldn’t wish that situation/surgery on my worst enemy. I hate that she (and anybody else) are ever placed in that situation.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
TPE surgery is horrific hey. And this is coming from a nurse who used to work in the operating theatres. I’m fine with the gory aspects of surgery (I even enjoy it - it’s fascinating).

But TPE is not an op I ever got the opportunity to scrub up for and damn, it’s next level. I’ve just been watching videos and looking at before/after/during surgery pics for over an hour. Holy crap it is FULL ON.

I’m 41 and single and I personally would turn down TPE surgery and would accept my death instead of going through that.

I know a lot of people won’t agree with me on that, for various reasons. And fair enough… each to his/her own.

Poor Tiff. Her immaturity, vagueness, denial, toxic positivity and lack of clarity may tit me to tears, but I wouldn’t wish that situation/surgery on my worst enemy. I hate that she (and anybody else) are ever placed in that situation.
Oh my goodness, I find what you say very moving and concerning - you would really prefer to die than have the surgery? Even if it ended up giving you many more years of living? Absolutely each to his/her own as you say so I hope you don't mind me questioning it. I find that a really powerful statement. And it's made me think more about what Tiffany is going to have to go through. I hope to God that a young woman of 30 isn't about to choose death over survival and I honestly do think that she's going to take the surgery.

How about We Gonk This?
Brilliant.

We gonk this
Also brilliant!

Reactions: 10
I personally think it is a medical problem. She talks a little bit about having surgery in her stomach area in her older videos. She also had videos where she says she needs regular Vitamin B12 and iron infusions. (She has deleted them). I have an auntie who has Ulcerative Colitis and Crohn’s disease, and she has had surgeries over the years and needed infusions as well. She has always been painfully thin. People used to think she had anorexia/eating disorder, but she doesn’t. She just can’t eat much. A couple of years ago she had to rest her intestines by not eating and using a feeding tube, prior to a surgery. In one of her older videos, Tiffany mentioned she was doing intermittent fasting to help rest her intestines. I can’t remember which video, but it was definitely before the cancer diagnosis. Tiffany has definitely gotten thinner since the cancer, especially in her face. That’s where I notice it the most. 😢
It takes years to grow colon cancer. Probably she might have been bleeding for years because of cancer. That is why she needed

Reactions: 5
I don't think she has a choice if she wants to live and yes if she had done it 8 weeks ago she'd be on the other side and down the track quite a bit but if she had of done it back then when she had not exhausted all her options she would be questioning maybe this maybe that, at least now she knows it's the only option and she must get on with it and I personally think she will because at 30 she'd want to live. Hopefully she comes out at the end in a year or so as warrior woman and proud of herself which she should very well be facing such a huge hurdle and getting through it. If so, she definately has this !! For this one I wish her all the very best.
That’s a good point. If she had done the surgery right away, she’d probably be wondering if she did the right thing. This way she knows she has to have it.

Reactions: 10

Dying for cancer without therapy takes years months depends for your stage. It isn't easy to die slowly. In end stage people would suffer with pain, bowel obstruction, vomiting, you cannot eat, people vomit their stool because of obstruction, jaundice, liver failure, people even cannot sleep, kachexia. If you really have cancer you would take any option possible.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
You are right, slim is not emaciated and her race is actually much more petite when compared to western. She is petite but not wasted.
Their average birthweight is approx 2.7kg.
Significantly lighter than western weights.
People of her race are often short but by no means visibly underweight like her. Look at her mum and sister for example. They are a better representation when it comes to the race. Her aunty is also of a normal weight. I remember her from earlier vlogs. Tiffany's weight has to do with her illnesses. We know she had 'tummy' operations + she has colorectal cancer. I'm not surprised at all that she is underweight. Her digestion cannot be good. And I'm not sure if she is scared of eating despite that. Yes she sometimes takes tiny bites but also she eats junk food, lots of sugar, and a lot of coffee. She seems very non-chalant. As if she did not have a massive tumour in her rectum (and now colon too).

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
OK appreciation post!

To the person who commented about the existence of Tattle Life in Tiffanythinks vlogs - tku! I'm so much more happier here than trying to get a word in there and then getting hounded by the Fox and Tick Brigade!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
OK appreciation post!

To the person who commented about the existence of Tattle Life in Tiffanythinks vlogs - tku! I'm so much more happier here than trying to get a word in there and then getting hounded by the Fox and Tick Brigade!
Welcome to Our Bitchin' Tattly-Thinks Family!

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Yep said similar above....a really advanced cancer like this will not permit you to gain weight. Being a pretty detailed person about my health I think my question to the Dr. when being told to gain weight knowing I have been told this before and cannot is....."will you do the surgery if I can't gain any weight?" I would need to know. I don't think she or any there asked that question. The more I think about this the more I think the surgeon knows surgery may well not happen but it giving her this hope in case she can put on weight.
yes the surgeon will do the surgery whatever the weight, Tiffany is small there are many many young people (and old people) as thin as her (at least in France, sorry…) , and the surgeon is used to operating on older people and in much worse condition than her!!! It's not her thinness that's going to kill her on the operating table... He just said she should gain weight because she’s gonna lose some after surgery but he definitely will do the surgery and doesn’t care much about her weight. My father was very very skinny after chemo and radio he lost a lot of weight ( 52kg) and surgeon DiDN’T CARE AT ALL, surgeon don’t care that much about weight you know …

• Heart
When Matt said the doctor said its better for your mental health also if you wait the 6 weeks. She quickly retorted my mental health is fine.
Oh wow! I didn’t hear that. On one of her she was Tiffany, she said she was going to call somebody for therapy. I don’t think she did

Reactions: 2
I think we're underestimating her. She's come this far with her journey so I don't see why she shouldn't progress to the next stage. She's being treated at a top hospital. People who are slim can still have physical and mental strength. She will have a lot of support. And her being young should aid her recovery and healing. It's going to be pretty horrendous but that doesn't mean she can't do it.
You are absolutely right. She is young and healthy. She has gone through chemotherapy and radiation as if was nothing. Many people struggle with chemotherapy and side effects.

You are absolutely right. She is young and healthy. She has gone through chemotherapy and radiation as if was nothing. Many people struggle with chemotherapy and side effects.
I don't think she went through her treatment 'as if nothing'. She had a lot of pain and she was relying on morphine a lot.

• Sad
I don't think she went through her treatment 'as if nothing'. She had a lot of pain and she was relying on morphine a lot.
Pain because of cancer. If you have cancer in your intestine you would have pain more and less pain all the time.

yes the surgeon will do the surgery whatever the weight, Tiffany is small there are many many young people (and old people) as thin as her (at least in France, sorry…) , and the surgeon is used to operating on older people and in much worse condition than her!!! It's not her thinness that's going to kill her on the operating table... He just said she should gain weight because she’s gonna lose some after surgery but he definitely will do the surgery and doesn’t care much about her weight. My father was very very skinny after chemo and radio he lost a lot of weight ( 52kg) and surgeon DiDN’T CARE AT ALL, surgeon don’t care that much about weight you know …
Exactly. I was trying to tell that from yesterday. But people seem to not listen.

Pain because of cancer. If you have cancer in your intestine you would have pain more and less pain all the time.
Probably. But she had a very hard time especially due to the radiation. I agree that she can physically withstand the surgery though. People underestimate her cause she is childish and immature and yes mentally she will have a very hard time (like anyone after PE) but her body will recover. She will have to get used to frequent infections and other complications.

I saw your post a few days ago re Tiffany and dealing with stoma care.

Your description made me smile … it was thought provoking, so true and reignited many memories of watching poor stoma care nurses educating patients in their early post op days.

Yes yes, mess upon mess with bags and tags, scissors, creams ,stomahesive, red inflamed peeling skin and leaks … lotsa leaks!!

Then infection and more red inflamed skin. Oh dear 😩
Tiffany has mountains to climb. The peak is so far away … she needs strength and lots of it!

To date she hasn’t demonstrated any positive ability to begin that ascent and she is weak in body and mind.

It’s fine to give encouragement and support but the fight needs to come from deep within oneself. I don’t see that anywhere with Princess Tiffany.
Out of all the comments I have read here and on YT, you have hit the nail on the head with that one sentence. " the fight needs to come from deep within oneself." Something which I learnt myself.
Matt is her partner, not her carer. Amma is her mother, not her carer either. Tiffany is able bodied and is capable.

• Heart
People of her race are often short but by no means visibly underweight like her. Look at her mum and sister for example. They are a better representation when it comes to the race. Her aunty is also of a normal weight. I remember her from earlier vlogs. Tiffany's weight has to do with her illnesses. We know she had 'tummy' operations + she has colorectal cancer. I'm not surprised at all that she is underweight. Her digestion cannot be good. And I'm not sure if she is scared of eating despite that. Yes she sometimes takes tiny bites but also she eats junk food, lots of sugar, and a lot of coffee. She seems very non-chalant. As if she did not have a massive tumour in her rectum (and now colon too).
Agree with you. Have seen documentaries on the Tamils and women are definetely not skinny. Also they have a strong “ food culture”

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.