Tiffany Thinks #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Do you guys think that Tif just puts on a front in front of Matt and family members so that she is appearing strong? She did say she hates seeing other people upset.
She may put on a front on when she's actively with them but she's not hiding her emotions or putting on a strong front (and nor should she) because it's all laid out bare in her Tea with Tiffany videos which I'm assuming her family watch.
She has shown her emotional side in these videos and has spoken openly about her fears. She's also broke down and cried in these videos.
They must see her 'sad face' thumbnails too. She just curates it to look like she's having a cosy one to one with her 70k plus followers but there's no way Matt and her family are not seeing this footage of her upset and in tears.

Reactions: 8
Just trying to get my head around this, this is what I have absorbed so far(feel free to correct me):

• They've discovered new thickening in the intestinal wall higher up in the 'colon' which needs to be investigated as it may not be cancer, could be inflammation, infection or some other condition which is non cancerous.

• They need to do a biopsy to determine if the growth on the scans is cancer or non cancerous(the chance of this is small since Tiffany has had cancerous growth before and I think the surgeon is leaning more towards this anyways, thus the new addition of the colon in the removal). The surgeon probably stated - on the *off chance* that they do the biopsy and check the relevant areas that it might not be cancer, they would need to repeat the 4 week wait with the scans again instead of surgery. However, while discussing this in the car they probably failed to mention that the propobaility of this is really really low, but since it's still a possibility; the surgeon needs to say just in case(a much better one than the extensive surgery for her) Tiff probably likes to think about it. But, the surgeon already knows that surgery will go ahead.

• The idea that she keeps highlighting she's a really young patient I think has come from the surgeon. He has mentioned it plenty of times and has shown great empathy to this fact. Her stand up to cancer video - made after the discovery of her needing radiation and pelvic exenteration; she mentions that she was the youngest person there, but again, this was after her meeting with the surgeon for the big operation, so I can see that the surgeon kept emphasisng this fact and she's taken it on board. Even in the latest video they explain that the surgeon wants her to live a 'normal' life without the surgery and so Tiffany has taken this on board as her being a rare case because of her age. Whereas, it was the surgeon just showing great compassion to the fact that she's has decades upon decades where she'll have to live with a harsh new reality, which he can probably see she is not mentally ready for.

Although she knew about the surgery and what it entailed, you can watch her previous videos - she was always extremely freaked about it being a pelvic exenteration. So it comes as no surprise that she took the wait and watch as a lifeboat to see if she would be declared cancer free or the surgical plan could change(even though it wasn't based on reality). At every step after chemo and radiation she had hoped for the tumour to shrink enough that the surgery is less invasive. I can absolutley see why she feels that way. I'm 26 and I don't think I could go ahead with it either. When she was hoping for surgery - she was hoping for an easier surgery. When she was crying that they wouldn't do surgery straight away, she was crying more over the fact that the tumour hadn't shrunk and stayed pretty much the same. It's a horrible position to be in and the years ahead will be tough. But, hopefully some reality is coming into the picture now for her.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Just trying to get my head around this, this is what I have absorbed so far(feel free to correct me):

• They've discovered new thickening in the intestinal wall higher up in the 'colon' which needs to be investigated as it may not be cancer, could be inflammation, infection or some other condition which is non cancerous.

• They need to do a biopsy to determine if the growth on the scans is cancer or non cancerous(the chance of this is small since Tiffany has had cancerous growth before and I think the surgeon is leaning more towards this anyways, thus the new addition of the colon in the removal). The surgeon probably stated - on the *off chance* that they do the biopsy and check the relevant areas that it might not be cancer, they would need to repeat the 4 week wait with the scans again instead of surgery. However, while discussing this in the car they probably failed to mention that the propobaility of this is really really low, but since it's still a possibility; the surgeon needs to say just in case(a much better one than the extensive surgery for her) Tiff probably likes to think about it. But, the surgeon already knows that surgery will go ahead.

• The idea that she keeps highlighting she's a really young patient I think has come from the surgeon. He has mentioned it plenty of times and has shown great empathy to this fact. Her stand up to cancer video - made after the discovery of her needing radiation and pelvic exenteration; she mentions that she was the youngest person there, but again, this was after her meeting with the surgeon for the big operation, so I can see that the surgeon kept emphasisng this fact and she's taken it on board. Even in the latest video they explain that the surgeon wants her to live a 'normal' life without the surgery and so Tiffany has taken this on board as her being a rare case because of her age. Whereas, it was the surgeon just showing great compassion to the fact that she's has decades upon decades where she'll have to live with a harsh new reality, which he can probably see she is not mentally ready for.

Although she knew about the surgery and what it entailed, you can watch her previous videos - she was always extremely freaked about it being a pelvic exenteration. So it comes as no surprise that she took the wait and watch as a lifeboat to see if she would be declared cancer free or the surgical plan could change(even though it wasn't based on reality). At every step after chemo and radiation she had hoped for the tumour to shrink enough that the surgery is less invasive. I can absolutley see why she feels that way. I'm 26 and I don't think I could go ahead with it either. When she was hoping for surgery - she was hoping for an easier surgery. When she was crying that they wouldn't do surgery straight away, she was crying more over the fact that the tumour hadn't shrunk and stayed pretty much the same. It's a horrible position to be in and the years ahead will be tough. But, hopefully some reality is coming into the picture now for her.
You know what?
Regardless of age, we all have our crosses to bear.
I’m so over the age perspective … I’m not 30 but I’m certainly recovering from a 23 hr marathon surgery and yes, my recovery is slow and painful and it’s fuckin hard, but I’m on it and it’s not getting the better of me. I too am a health worker so being on the other side is very traumatic, but that’s life! I wouldn’t ever want to give up … not ever!
I don’t care if Tiffany is 3, 23, 33 or 103 … she’s no different to the rest of the population who are unwell and fight everyday for survival.
She’s a spoilt brat who is about to learn what the term ‘in the fight of her life’ truly means …
She will surely learn the true meaning of hectic when she has two stoma’s to care for and I’m sure the word cozy won’t even rate!

Time for all the fuzziness and self pity to end and the true fight to begin.
Let’s see if it’s true … ‘we got this’

• Heart
Reactions: 23
I have no idea why people think that Tattle is where the weirdos are. Get this on the YT comments today:

Tiffany, please please please look into Apricot Kernels from Tree Harvest. My mum had pancreatic cancer that medics couldn't fix and 20 years later, my mum is still alive and well! Also an aunt who had an inoperable brain tumour is still alive after 2 years and it's shrinking! I wouldn't forgive myself if I didn't tell you and we lose you. You got this! View attachment 1710953
Ffs ...apricot kernels are known to contain cyanide!
Well that would solve the problem of whether surgery was need or not!

• Haha
Reactions: 7
This actually makes total sense, I do believe that she was kinda in denial about it all. I 100% understand hoping chemo and any neo-adjuvant treatment will work to make surgery easier, and unfortunately in Tiffany's case this didn't happen. :( I do think the way she has portrayed the journey has been a little too in the clouds though, with all her we got this positivity and the naive way she talked about surgery and the outcomes she was hoping to achieve, which has led many people to conclude that she's child-like, naive, and also question her motives about posting all of this on youtube.

I couldn't imagine facing the surgery she is now facing. But instead of living in dreamland for the past year or so, she should have been bracing herself and coming to terms with the fact that this surgery would happen sometime in the near future, and preparing herself and her family for what that meant. Instead, they have collectively chosen to be in denial about it all, deleting comments from people who mean well and just want to help them come back to earth a little. She has chosen to live in lala-land about it and that's all well and good until reality hits her like a ton of bricks. I fear this may entirely break her. And it's super triggering to watch. :(

• Heart
Reactions: 13
T's denial, avoidance & delusional/magical thinking have come to an abrupt end. I think for the first time she is realizing the gravity of the surgery. It is sad & troubling to witness. But Previously, "surgery" to her was "removing the bad stuff from my tummy". Like removing a bad mole. A one & done.

T has very low emotional intelligence. What 30 year old says, "it's so yummy" constantly. "Yummy" is what a 4 year old says.

She is in no way emotionally prepared for what lies ahead. I'm actually surprised the surgeon is willing to proceed given how she has coped up until this point. I do not see her handling this well...
A few times in the past she mentioned the surgery as 'major operation' so she has always been aware of its magnitude and severity. Yes she has been in denial to an extent but also very aware hence the 'real' heartbreaking moments that she ocassionally gave us in her vlogs. She had wishful thinking like 'I wish they didn't remove everything but just a little bit'.

Yes very emotionally immature. She uses words like 'yummy', 'tummy' and 'bum bum' (or did I imagine it?) and everyone babies her. I don't think she can say 'asshole'. Even the way she was gushing that she will 'just lie in bed for a year, relaxing and watching tv' as a way of recovery from PE (the mother of all surgeries) is very child like. That was the most shocking part in the newest vlog. No 'normal' patient about to have PE would utter such. A 'normal' patient who is vlogging about CANCER (and earning money from it) would give a list of how they will prepare for the surgery (as discussed with the nurse) and would talk about the surgery particulars. They would also mention the consequences of the surgery, and how rehabilitation would go.

Last edited:
Reactions: 15
You know what?
Regardless of age, we all have our crosses to bear.
I’m so over the age perspective … I’m not 30 but I’m certainly recovering from a 23 hr marathon surgery and yes, my recovery is slow and painful and it’s fuckin hard, but I’m on it and it’s not getting the better of me. I too am a health worker so being on the other side is very traumatic, but that’s life! I wouldn’t ever want to give up … not ever!
I don’t care if Tiffany is 3, 23, 33 or 103 … she’s no different to the rest of the population who are unwell and fight everyday for survival.
She’s a spoilt brat who is about to learn what the term ‘in the fight of her life’ truly means …
She will surely learn the true meaning of hectic when she has two stoma’s to care for and I’m sure the word cozy won’t even rate!

Time for all the fuzziness and self pity to end and the true fight to begin.
Let’s see if it’s true … ‘we got this’
Thank you for your input and sorry you're going through a slow and painful recovery journey. I wish you the best with it going forward ❤.

Is she a spoilt brat - yes
Has she been in severe denial - yes
Do people go through life with various trials and tribulations of varying degrees(some harder than others) -yes!

Not denying with the above facts, completely agree with them!

However, this is her journey - as confusing, manipulative at times, lacking reality and clarity etc it is- a spoilt brat is not going to think of her challenges from the same starting point as others who have been through much much more. This is her way of coping and we can see how it’s panned out. But I, and many others can relate to some of this who haven’t faced such things or are for the first time. I had a health scare and I dealt with it facts, but Tiffany is not me or you. She is not good with information because she wants to control and live in a world which is highly romanticised, confounded with her religious idealogies. And this whole journey has changed her, hopefully for the better.

However, I can’t be devoid of empathy for her journey. She has her issues and problems. But I can also put myself in her shoes and see the problems and why they came about. Her journey was puzzling (due to her own faults in relaying information )and that’s what brought me here, for me putting together the puzzle of why she’s acted the way she did and what will happen has been 90% of the conversations here.

• Heart
Surgeons don't deliver news, Oncologists do. None of it makes sense unless as always she's refused to talk to anyone bar him.
Yes actually she did say she wasn't going to meet with anyone other than her surgeon from now on, because he knows he body better than the rest (her words). In the end what does it matter as she has to have surgery next month and he's doing another biopsy Friday.
He probably would have talked with her about all that anyway. She's done with treatment for now, its onto surgery.

They've discovered new thickening in the intestinal wall higher up in the 'colon' which needs to be investigated as it may not be cancer, could be inflammation, infection or some other condition which is non cancerous.
I didn't hear about it possibly being inflammation. The only think Matt ans T said with certainty after the talk with the surgeon was the tumor grew.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
She may put on a front on when she's actively with them but she's not hiding her emotions or putting on a strong front (and nor should she) because it's all laid out bare in her Tea with Tiffany videos which I'm assuming her family watch.
She has shown her emotional side in these videos and has spoken openly about her fears. She's also broke down and cried in these videos.
They must see her 'sad face' thumbnails too. She just curates it to look like she's having a cosy one to one with her 70k plus followers but there's no way Matt and her family are not seeing this footage of her upset and in tears.
I dont get why people think she holds back to protect the people around her. She is not a considerate type at all. She is extremely selfish, she throws tantrums in hospitals, and creates heartbreaking crying thumbnails. The last thing on Tiffany's mind is to be mindful of other people's feelings. Besides, Amma is with her all the time, she witnesses everything, and she is not that dumb, she has had cancer in her family before and she seems like she has had hardships.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Yes actually she did say she wasn't going to meet with anyone other than her surgeon from now on, because he knows he body better than the rest (her words). In the end what does it matter as she has to have surgery next month and he's doing another biopsy Friday.
He probably would have talked with her about all that anyway. She's done with treatment for now, its onto surgery.

I didn't hear about it possibly being inflammation. The only think Matt ans T said with certainty after the talk with the surgeon was the tumor grew.
I had trouble understanding what they were saying about that. So she’s having the biopsy this coming Friday? What are they planning to do on Wednesday? Tiffany, Matt, and Elodie kept saying something about Wednesday. Would they possibly do the surgery then? 🤔

Reactions: 3
She hasn’t got the clout to make that kind of decision. She’s a spoilt brat. She’s extremely unlikable.

I just read that comment a few minutes ago! People are suggesting all kinds of cures. I know they mean well, but….😩
OMG, not another one! Suggesting going on a fast for somebody like Tiffany - jeez. They are DANGEROUS. There's actually somebody on there now telling her not to wear nail polish.

• Wow
I just read that comment a few minutes ago! People are suggesting all kinds of cures. I know they mean well, but….😩
The real danger is that a keto diet is to lose weight. Imagine what will happen when a severely underweight person will follow keto. 🙄

I feel just terrible for her after watching this last video. You can really tell how shook up she is. I can imagine how much it is to take in and get one's head around, especially after one has been in denial for so long. Matt frustrates me the most of all of them. I'm sure he means well, but his comments are often not helpful and have only served to cause more confusion. He was a bit better in this video though at least.
I thought Matt was worse because he’s so in denial about the surgery. Whatever he says tiff agrees

Going from the conversation that the surgeon is undertaking the biposy to understand or confirm the information collected from the scans as they can observe a thickening in the intestinal wall. This is what I found and I'm assuming that they want to confirm the status of the irregularity they've observed:

"Bowel wall thickening may be caused by tumours or inflammatory conditions. Bowel tumours may appear as either regular and symmetric or irregular or asymmetric thickening. When fat stranding is disproportionately more severe than the degree of wall thickening, inflammatory conditions are more likely. With the exception of lymphoma, segmental or diffuse wall thickening is usually caused by benign conditions, such as ischaemic, infectious and inflammatory disease"

I think they're heavily leaning towards it being cancerous though, as they mentioned in the video - they were pushing for surgery much more now.

Reactions: 2
Thank you for your input and sorry you're going through a slow and painful recovery journey. I wish you the best with it going forward ❤.

Is she a spoilt brat - yes
Has she been in severe denial - yes
Do people go through life with various trials and tribulations of varying degrees(some harder than others) -yes!

Not denying with the above facts, completely agree with them!

However, this is her journey - as confusing, manipulative at times, lacking reality and clarity etc it is- a spoilt brat is not going to think of her challenges from the same starting point as others who have been through much much more. This is her way of coping and we can see how it’s panned out. But I, and many others can relate to some of this who haven’t faced such things or are for the first time. I had a health scare and I dealt with it facts, but Tiffany is not me or you. She is not good with information because she wants to control and live in a world which is highly romanticised, confounded with her religious idealogies. And this whole journey has changed her, hopefully for the better.

However, I can’t be devoid of empathy for her journey. She has her issues and problems. But I can also put myself in her shoes and see the problems and why they came about. Her journey was puzzling (due to her own faults in relaying information )and that’s what brought me here, for me putting together the puzzle of why she’s acted the way she did and what will happen has been 90% of the conversations here.
Thanks for your kind words; appreciated. I’m doing ok.

I welcome and appreciate your view.
We are privileged to live in countries that enable global discussion via social media. I very much enjoy reading other’s perspective on this very public journey.

I did try to place myself in Tiffany’s shoes … but Uggs were too hot and clashed with my dress !

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.