Tiffany Thinks #18

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
You got this is an unbelievably juvenile and offensive phrase. Cancer isn't just a battle you can choose to overcome. It pisses me off no end when people say tit like that or "won the fight", "lost the fight". It's not a bleeping choice or a reflection on someone's mental strength. duck off.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
You got this is an unbelievably juvenile and offensive phrase. Cancer isn't just a battle you can choose to overcome. It pisses me off no end when people say tit like that or "won the fight", "lost the fight". It's not a bleeping choice or a reflection on someone's mental strength. duck off.
I despise it too. The implication being that those who die from cancer just didn’t fight hard enough. duck off with that tit!

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Ah, singing bowls. I’m sure she’s a lovely woman but it’s a nope from me.
I don't do such things either, but her videos that focus on her illness are excellent, she keeps the two things separate, you can skip the others :)

Reactions: 8
Yes, exactly. Plus it's not even grammatically correct! Should be 'you've got this.' Grrr.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
YES! 100% YES …
I hate this attitude too. Not just for cancer but for any illness. There’s not a single illness that you have much control over your own healing, not even mental illness. You cannot choose to be well or be unwell. If you could we’d all be well and never dying!
it pisses me off no end too.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Where did our Tattler TT family psychotherapist from months ago wander off to, anyway? I think we need her back here again as many of us are feeling triggered by the same lousy slogan! 😧

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
YES! 100% YES …
I hate this attitude too. Not just for cancer but for any illness. There’s not a single illness that you have much control over your own healing, not even mental illness. You cannot choose to be well or be unwell. If you could we’d all be well and never dying!
it pisses me off no end too.
It pisses me and my psychiatrist friend off too ( the one working in one of the best oncology center) . She is asked about that constantly (is it true that you may develop cancer because you are depressed and that you have more chances of getting cured if you are positive ?), she can’t stand when people believe things along those lines … She always say that we did numerous studies about that, lots of them actually (different studies than for the placebo effect) , and the outcomes are always the same, there is no difference in the end, whether you are completely depressed or swimming in toxic positivity…

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Oh good grief, I mentioned her here a few
days ago, I just checked, she has attracted a whole lot of weird 'You got this' commentors since then. Do they hunt in packs?!
YT recommended her to me yesterday, too. And...umm...the comments there have blown up since I went to bed, What in the actual ??? Some of the zoo animals have shown up...
I'll edit to say maybe one good thing can come from T's mess. Maybe the algorithm will suggest better channels for all those seeking info if they get a lot of interaction from her followers.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
Relieved to see that so many of us get irked with the 'you got this' and the 'we got this' nonsense.

It took a while for my husband to digest his disease was unfortunately incurable. After processing things he wanted to share it with friends & family. He was met with "you have to fight though" "keep fighting" and the "its ok, you are strong, you have got this".
My family think and say he is a "warrior" or a "trooper".
I'm now just blunt and point out the obvious.......... he doesn't get a choice and he certainly hasn't "given up".
Speaking on the subject.......... Our neighbour posted us a Christmas Card and at the bottom she had wrote "you've got this". It makes me cringe.
When T says "your girl got this"..... got what?

It pisses me and my psychiatrist friend off too ( the one working in one of the best oncology center) . She is asked about that constantly (is it true that you may develop cancer because you are depressed and that you have more chances of getting cured if you are positive ?), she can’t stand when people believe things along those lines … She always say that we did numerous studies about that, lots of them actually (different studies than for the placebo effect) , and the outcomes are always the same, there is no difference in the end, whether you are completely depressed or swimming in toxic positivity…
And that's another!
"Be positive"

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
I had mentioned that JK has posted a new video....she has ovarian cancer stage 3 or 4 and I guess I won't post that info here anymore. She does not have that kind of crowd and her comments are reasonable and supportive because her content is real. I think the TT crowd has really spiraled...the smart ones gone or come here for updates and what is left are pathetic people looking for some sort of online kicks and I guess purpose in life. I think with so many from TT reading here we don't want to give them any leads of sites that they can trash with their toxic and idiotic comments. Let Tiffany deal with them....she created the mess. I think many of us have reported the TT video on SU2C site and I guess leaving it gets them more clicks. All about clicks these days.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 13
Relieved to see that so many of us get irked with the 'you got this' and the 'we got this' nonsense.

It took a while for my husband to digest his disease was unfortunately incurable. After processing things he wanted to share it with friends & family. He was met with "you have to fight though" "keep fighting" and the "its ok, you are strong, you have got this".
My family think and say he is a "warrior" or a "trooper".
I'm now just blunt and point out the obvious.......... he doesn't get a choice and he certainly hasn't "given up".
Speaking on the subject.......... Our neighbour posted us a Christmas Card and at the bottom she had wrote "you've got this". It makes me cringe.
When T says "your girl got this"..... got what?
And that's another!
"Be positive"
My husband's cousin messaged me in late November to say she had been diagnosed with inoperable liver cancer (the way she was told was appalling), but that she was not going to have chemo, she was well, and didn't want to spend the time she had left feeling horrible. They couldn't say how long treatment would give her, outside maybe two years. She had Christmas with husband and died on the 30th. She was still active on Fb on the 27th, he says she was only unwell really for a couple of days. Her family pushed her to get treatment, but she wanted to go on her own terms and she did. She didn't give up, neither did she 'have this', not in the way these posters mean at any rate. She was incredibly brave in her choice, but then under the those circumstances, all choices are difficult, and everyone is both brave and fearful and strong and vulnerable.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 20
I had mentioned that JK has posted a new video....she has ovarian cancer stage 3 or 4 and I guess I won't post that info here anymore. She does not have that kind of crowd and her comments are reasonable and supportive because her content is real. I think the TT crowd has really spiraled...the smart ones gone or come here for updates and what is left are pathetic people looking for some sort of online kicks and I guess purpose in life. I think with so many from TT reading here we don't want to give them any leads of sites that they can trash with their toxic and idiotic comments. Let Tiffany deal with them....she created the mess. I think many of us have reported the TT video on SU2C site and I guess leaving it gets them more clicks. All about clicks these days.
Yeah, I feel pretty bad for mentioning that woman's channel. The comments had already started when I found it so I assume the YT algo. has been suggesting it to her viewers but still...it appears the longer it goes without an update some really are spiraling. o_O

• Heart
Reactions: 8
My husband's cousin messaged me in late November to say she had been diagnosed with inoperable liver cancer (the way she was told was appalling), but that she was not going to have chemo, she was well, and didn't want to spend the time she had left feeling horrible. They couldn't say how long treatment would give her, outside maybe two years. She had Christmas with husband and died on the 30th. She was still active on Fb on the 27th, he says she was only unwell really for a couple of days. Her family pushed her to get treatment, but she wanted to go on her own terms and she did. She didn't give up, neither did she 'have this', not in the way these posters mean at any rate. She was incredibly brave in her choice, but then under the those circumstances, all choices are difficult, and everyone is both brave and fearful and strong and vulnerable.
A friend of my mother's opted out of treatment too, similar reasons. When her time came, she had the most beautiful 'Humanist' burial in a bluebell field. It was a good death, if you know what I mean.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I despise it too. The implication being that those who die from cancer just didn’t fight hard enough. duck off with that tit!
I can't stand these sayings. To be honest, I hate the currently very popular "cancer thriver" thingy too. It's mostly attached to people with stage 4 cancers. Yes I get it, you can live a life with cancer but why do you have to "thrive"? Or anyone, even without cancer, the idea that people have to thrive ... 😅 It's up there with toxic positivity and crazy expectations.

And Tiffany's "We got this" really is just a catchphrase to print on expensive merch. It's nauseating. She sometimes responds to toxicly positive comments with the "We got this" and blue hearts. It's ridiculous.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 14
I can't stand these sayings. To be honest, I hate the currently very popular "cancer thriver" thingy too. It's mostly attached to people with stage 4 cancers. Yes I get it, you can live a life with cancer but why do you have to "thrive"? Or anyone, even without cancer, the idea that people have to thrive ... 😅 It's up there with toxic positivity and crazy expectations.
Living is just not enough these days is it. We must all be "living our very best life", preferably whilst "making memories". :sick:

• Sick
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
Living is just not enough these days is it. We must all be "living our very best life", preferably whilst "making memories". :sick:
That's another one! "Making memories". When Tiffany said that she will focus on making memories I felt so sorry for her. Now she has this added pressure of that. It adds to her already forced positivity.

• Sick
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.