Tiffany Thinks #18

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That's another one! "Making memories".
Said by the type of people who have "Live, Laugh, Love" signs up in their house. :sick: :sick: 😂

Right, I'm able to generate invites, only taken me 3 years. Let me know if there's anyone decent over there waiting. :)

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
Said by the type of people who have "Live, Laugh, Love" signs up in their house. :sick: :sick: 😂

Right, I'm able to generate invites, only taken me 3 years. Let me know if there's anyone decent over there waiting. :)
Oh I have found my tribe :LOL:- I thought I was weird for finding all those things puke-inducing!
The only other one I know of was Brooke Hamnett, but not sure if they are here now, not seen them posting (on T's SUTC) for a while.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
at least and probably more.
Yes! Just realised that it's been a month since her surgery! If not more. Let's say her surgery was on the 12th December.

Just checked Brooke's comments on SU2C and she seems solid. Does not appear abusive or problematic. She even mentions that she wants a code to join tattle. But there might be others too.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
When T says "your girl got this"..... got what?
Exactly...'we got'...what... 'cancer'??? Do you really want that emblazoned on your lousy tshirt as you walk around, like you're a big advert for it?? Does anyone really want to announce it, like it's now your identity?? Do you need it printed on your shirt in case you forget?

It took a while for my husband to digest his disease was unfortunately incurable. After processing things he wanted to share it with friends & family. He was met with "you have to fight though" "keep fighting" and the "its ok, you are strong, you have got this".
My family think and say he is a "warrior" or a "trooper".
I'm now just blunt and point out the obvious.......... he doesn't get a choice and he certainly hasn't "given up".
Speaking on the subject.......... Our neighbour posted us a Christmas Card and at the bottom she had wrote "you've got this". It makes me cringe.
When T says "your girl got this"..... got what?

And that's another!
"Be positive"
@Saydee @SueB , what do you find the most compassionate and kindest comment or reaction to receive from family and friends?

My husband's cousin messaged me in late November to say she had been diagnosed with inoperable liver cancer (the way she was told was appalling), but that she was not going to have chemo, she was well, and didn't want to spend the time she had left feeling horrible. They couldn't say how long treatment would give her, outside maybe two years. She had Christmas with husband and died on the 30th. She was still active on Fb on the 27th, he says she was only unwell really for a couple of days. Her family pushed her to get treatment, but she wanted to go on her own terms and she did. She didn't give up, neither did she 'have this', not in the way these posters mean at any rate. She was incredibly brave in her choice, but then under the those circumstances, all choices are difficult, and everyone is both brave and fearful and strong and vulnerable..
Accepting our impending mortality with grace and with little time to prepare does seem so brave to me, too, as I think we must fight against our natural inclination to survive and our resistance towards death. I feel the same about people who choose medical aid in dying; it is not legal in Britain but is elsewhere. To take back that choice under impossible circumstances imbues the decision-maker with strength and grace at their final hour. It seems so courageous to me to take control over the final event of one's life.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I really hope Tiffany is doing well in her recovery from surgery.

It’s selfish of me but I’m actually feeling a bit better since she started her break from YouTube. I’ve had a lot of issues with an eating disorder since I was 12/13 year old, and although I count myself as ‘recovered’ now (after many relapses), I do find Tiffany’s vlogs quite triggering at times - the mixture of her being very thin, constantly buying junk food but only eating a few bites, eating half a tiny chocolate and saving the rest for later, talking about her doctors saying she has to ‘get fat’ etc.

I didn’t realise quite how much she affected me until she took a break from YouTube. I don’t know if Tiffany has an eating disorder herself, or whether her eating quirks are due to symptoms from the cancer, but I think that her videos could be quite triggering to people who have or are in recovery from eating disorders.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
A friend of my mother's opted out of treatment too, similar reasons. When her time came, she had the most beautiful 'Humanist' burial in a bluebell field. It was a good death, if you know what I mean.
Even reading about her burial made me smile … how beautiful. Thank you! And it’s ok to say beautiful because death (inevitable for all of us) and be it burial/cremation/scattering of ashes in ‘fields of green’ can indeed be beautiful ❤

at least and probably more.
Haha … that’s a perfect answer Turaj 👍🏼!!!

Reactions: 7
You got this is an unbelievably juvenile and offensive phrase. Cancer isn't just a battle you can choose to overcome. It pisses me off no end when people say tit like that or "won the fight", "lost the fight". It's not a bleeping choice or a reflection on someone's mental strength. duck off.
Thankyou, I thought thus even before I gut cancer myself. I've known incredibly brave, determined people die if cancer. Noone could gave flight harder, but it wasn't meant to be. I survived mostly because if the staging and the great treatnent I received.

The real warriors are those supporting the person being treated - and people battling with progressive illness like MS- Luke my daughter - imo.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Exactly...'we got'...what... 'cancer'??? Do you really want that emblazoned on your lousy tshirt as you walk around, like you're a big advert for it?? Does anyone really want to announce it, like it's now your identity?? Do you need it printed on your shirt in case you forget?

@Saydee @SueB , what do you find the most compassionate and kindest comment or reaction to receive from family and friends?
Hey Suzeq :)

Good question.

From what I see and from what I know of my better half, it takes him quite a long time to digest and process things. Actually, I have seen the same thing happen with Tiffany many times. She comes away from appointments with Matt, mum and once her sister. T will be all chatty and discuss where to go to find food. Then in the next video it shows her crying and acknowledging what was discussed in the consultation.

It took my husband a good few weeks to process being told his disease was incurable and a whole lot longer to process the prognosis, but following that period I found that he wanted to share it with those family members and friends he is close with.
I find that it was small gestures and acknowledgment that helped him. A brotherly hug, a friend willing to listen with an invite to call him at anytime day or night.
The family and friends that say things like " don't give up, keep fighting" "stop, by accepting what your oncologist is telling you, you have already mentally given up"..... he finds those type of comments very dismissive and it causes him to retract.

I really hope Tiffany is doing well in her recovery from surgery.

It’s selfish of me but I’m actually feeling a bit better since she started her break from YouTube. I’ve had a lot of issues with an eating disorder since I was 12/13 year old, and although I count myself as ‘recovered’ now (after many relapses), I do find Tiffany’s vlogs quite triggering at times - the mixture of her being very thin, constantly buying junk food but only eating a few bites, eating half a tiny chocolate and saving the rest for later, talking about her doctors saying she has to ‘get fat’ etc.

I didn’t realise quite how much she affected me until she took a break from YouTube. I don’t know if Tiffany has an eating disorder herself, or whether her eating quirks are due to symptoms from the cancer, but I think that her videos could be quite triggering to people who have or are in recovery from eating disorders.
If you watch T's older videos you will see that she used to do intermittent fasting. No food for most of the day, then eating meals for a short period of the day. I posted the video many threads ago.

Good to hear you are feeling a little better since T started her break away from youtube.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Hey Suzeq :)

Good question.

From what I see and from what I know of my better half, it takes him quite a long time to digest and process things. Actually, I have seen the same thing happen with Tiffany many times. She comes away from appointments with Matt, mum and once her sister. T will be all chatty and discuss where to go to find food. Then in the next video it shows her crying and acknowledging what was discussed in the consultation.

It took my husband a good few weeks to process being told his disease was incurable and a whole lot longer to process the prognosis, but following that period I found that he wanted to share it with those family members and friends he is close with.
I find that it was small gestures and acknowledgment that helped him. A brotherly hug, a friend willing to listen with an invite to call him at anytime day or night.
The family and friends that say things like " don't give up, keep fighting" "stop, by accepting what your oncologist is telling you, you have already mentally given up"..... he finds those type of comments very dismissive and it causes him to retract.
Thank you for sharing, @Saydee . It's important for me to hear from personal experience what lands as helpful, or not, when a person is going through something so catastrophic. We heard generalities from Tiffany about losing friends, but she never gave us any insight into whether friends just dropped off or whether some gave less than compassionate responses and what that might have been. What a helpful video topic this might have been all on its own!

For someone who would want to be helpful, it's good to know how best to be received as caring and compassionate and how best to elicit a person's needs when they themself may not know how to articulate it themself until it's suggested. It's also good to know what to definitely avoid when it might not be obvious to someone so unfamiliar with the territory. A frank conversation about this can help many. ♥

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Saydee, you are one dignified lady! As are you too, SueB. We're learning a lot from what you are kind enough to share on here. Meanwhile Tiffany's silence is speaking volumes, I think. I can feel her struggles and her new reality and I do still feel very sorry for what she is going through (some Instagrammers have pissed me off so much that I can no longer really feel this, which is sad).

• Heart
Reactions: 10
@suzeq @ginnyw Thankyou.

Thats the part of T where I feel for her (because I have witnessed it in my husband)

T chatters in the car following consultations, almost like the consultation didn't happen. The subject is changed and off they go to a restaurant to eat. Matts birthday is the one occasion which springs to my mind.
T only appears to digest info when she is alone. The crying alone in her bedroom while Mat & Amma are downstairs. And then she puts a smile on her face, heads downstairs and says that Matt & Amma are happy because they have "got their girl back" And that I believe (in her mind) is the T who is silly.
I hope that off camera she is able to open up to them.

I am now seriously wondering what is going on with Tiffany. Odd in the first days more shorts and IG etc. and now back home but nothing. I have been accused of being a 'glass half empty" person and my thoughts here tend to be if things went really well and recovery moving along as hoped at last a month after surgery we would have heard from Tiffany. So that leaves me to think it is pretty rough with possibly some returns to hospital. Whatever is happening she does not want to share and that is so unlike her. Hoping it is just an intentional break but something tells me that is not likely. Attention now to Jessica Krock who I think may have a plan set forth for her at Mayo this week. She said on Sun. in a few days she would hopefully have a plan. I think having a plan is so important. Unfortunately it is not surgery anytime soon.

I am now seriously wondering what is going on with Tiffany. Odd in the first days more shorts and IG etc. and now back home but nothing. I have been accused of being a 'glass half empty" person and my thoughts here tend to be if things went really well and recovery moving along as hoped at last a month after surgery we would have heard from Tiffany. So that leaves me to think it is pretty rough with possibly some returns to hospital. Whatever is happening she does not want to share and that is so unlike her. Hoping it is just an intentional break but something tells me that is not likely. Attention now to Jessica Krock who I think may have a plan set forth for her at Mayo this week. She said on Sun. in a few days she would hopefully have a plan. I think having a plan is so important. Unfortunately it is not surgery anytime soon.
I think all of us here could at times be ‘glass half empty’ people.
If we wandered back through time here, most have teetered at one time or another re their thoughts about Tiffany, from positive to negative to belief and disbelief. I guess that’s why the glass is half empty … 🤔 … or is that full? 🤣

Who knows what Tiffany is really up to and even if she vlogged … im sure I would only believe 50%. Perhaps she is dealing with her mental health issues and has been advised to focus on her health and not social media. That would be a positive!
There are certainly many deserving vloggers out there to support for those who enjoy following. Not having Tiffany’s nonsense to get frustrated by is actually like a breath of fresh air. Her self imposed break has been refreshing for everyone 🌻

• Heart
My glass was half empty but then I dropped it and it shattered into a million pieces. :mad:

jk

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
It IS out of character, I'll say that. But it's also out of character for her to be in crisis needing emergency medical attention and NOT be filming and posting that, too.

So, short answer: who the hell knows. We'd be reading tea leaves at this point with absolutely zero clues to dissect and analyse to try to come up with a credible answer.

Does anyone remember what her new IG handle is?

My glass was half empty but then I dropped it and it shattered into a million pieces. :mad:

jk
My glass used to be filled right to the brim with vodka. Fortunately for my liver, I am now a very sedate teetotaler as the new year continues...

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
It IS out of character, I'll say that. But it's also out of character for her to be in crisis needing emergency medical attention and NOT be filming and posting that, too.

So, short answer: who the hell knows. We'd be reading tea leaves at this point with absolutely zero clues to dissect and analyse to try to come up with a credible answer.

Does anyone remember what her new IG handle is?

My glass used to be filled right to the brim with vodka. Fortunately for my liver, I am now a very sedate teetotaler as the new year continues...
Tiffany has a new IG?

• Wow
Reactions: 4
I had exactly the same thoughts. I wonder if there have been complications. Also, I imagine mental health issues may be at play as she adjusts to her new normal. Whatever, it is very unlike her to be so totally absent from social media for such a while. I didn't expect any vlogs but not even a quick post or an Insta post is quite odd.

Reactions: 8
I thought so. She had created a private account.
I missed where it was learned that she had a "private" IG account....hard to imagine Tiffany with any account private.

I think I may be having withdrawal. It must be very strange for Tiffany unless she has set up a new channel or something.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.