Tiffany Thinks #18

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The thing is, for a channel which gets her kinda views and for her to not be at 100k - is odd! There are channels with less views than she's getting who are comfortably sitting at the 150k and 100k mark and acheived it quicker than hers. A major thing is it's depressing watching someone with cancer all the time or on a weekly basis, and most people don't want that reminder in their feed constantly - so they don't subscribe as much as they would another channel. The clickbait she does which gets people to click in the first place means they're not watching the video all the way through, because the information mentioned in the title is not there - so that affects her subscribers too. I had to press the 'don't recommend this channel' to me on youtube because at first it was disheartening to see her go through this at the beginning and she was also the first person who I watched with cancer. Still can't figure out why her channel was recommended in the first place, because I've never searched about cancer on YT.

Another really big factor - her life and her lifestyle is not interesting at all, really really really boring. Which is why I don't think the cancer part will ever fully go away(even if she gets cancer free), it's her money maker and the thing that put her in the YT algorithm in the first place to be recommended. Her lifestyle is mind numbing, my neighbours down the road have more interesting things to say and show than her. She is so painstakingly average and you cannot run a lifestyle channel this way. It's not sustainable, so I get why she's dragging this out. Without it, her views and subsrcibers would plummet dramatically.

She'll slowly get to the 100k mark, since she has people invested in the story, every good story needs a conflict and then people hang around for the resolution to see if it's a happy ending or a tragedy. Also, relying on the good will of the people who are suffering through this or the pity and empathy others have for her to get to this point. Otherwise, her content withought the clickbait is unclickable.
So well said.
Doing lifestyle videos really isn't sustainable for her. She is not capable of an interesting thought let alone actions. Romee is now in remission and her videos are now about travel and similar.
Most people understand that a ditzy girl going to the garden centre and talking about fluffy eggs is not interesting to watch.
Tiffany really relied on the cancer. Maybe she thought "Ok I have cancer and I have mentioned it for 20 seconds so I can now show them myself making tea/hot chocolate and talk about it for 10 minutes and they will still praise me and say I'm brave and inspirational cause I have advanced cancer!"
I think Tiffany will drag it out as much as possible. She might mention further "hurdles" (chemo for example).

Last edited:
Reactions: 16
At this point I'm a bit more concerned about some posters and her cult like following than I am about T.
Shame, really. T knows her followers are waiting on an update and genuinely care about her, yet she won't take the same time it took to post on another person's page to let them know she's home, healing, and doing well (or getting by).
I also find it strangely fascinating that people jump to her defense, that scream she doesn't have to share anything, it's her life, she can keep it private. I say lolololol. Sure, keep details private, but even brief updates and general progress for a CANCER channel are what the channels are about...it even says in her "about" page on YT that it's her cancer journey.
No, she doesn't have to show scars, go into extreme details, etc but if you are going to have cancer in your titles, cash in on it, and get 90K people following you, caring about you, sending you checks, gifts, and house vacation invitations, you should feel slimy about not updating them when you are clearly able to post online elsewhere, not thinking up ways to word things to make them feel worse or doubt their feelings or turn on each other. But these people aren't seeing that??
I think its about the impressions she puts out and her vulnerable act.
The very first thought I had about T when I saw her very first videos is that she was very young as in 18 to very early 20s. I was shocked when I discovered her age. I always assumed that she must be lonely if she was feeling the need to put so many videos out there saying she was afraid etc, I guessed that she didn't have family and friends.
Things became apparent when I looked at her older videos, the one where and Elodie discuss thumbnails and how to grab attention. It showed me that T was very sneaky in deciding which thumbnails to add videos and what she titled her videos.
The lack of updates to those that have supported her throughout speaks volumes to me.
The thing is, for a channel which gets her kinda views and for her to not be at 100k - is odd! There are channels with less views than she's getting who are comfortably sitting at the 150k and 100k mark and acheived it quicker than hers. A major thing is it's depressing watching someone with cancer all the time or on a weekly basis, and most people don't want that reminder in their feed constantly - so they don't subscribe as much as they would another channel. The clickbait she does which gets people to click in the first place means they're not watching the video all the way through, because the information mentioned in the title is not there - so that affects her subscribers too. I had to press the 'don't recommend this channel' to me on youtube because at first it was disheartening to see her go through this at the beginning and she was also the first person who I watched with cancer. Still can't figure out why her channel was recommended in the first place, because I've never searched about cancer on YT.

Another really big factor - her life and her lifestyle is not interesting at all, really really really boring. Which is why I don't think the cancer part will ever fully go away(even if she gets cancer free), it's her money maker and the thing that put her in the YT algorithm in the first place to be recommended. Her lifestyle is mind numbing, my neighbours down the road have more interesting things to say and show than her. She is so painstakingly average and you cannot run a lifestyle channel this way. It's not sustainable, so I get why she's dragging this out. Without it, her views and subsrcibers would plummet dramatically.

She'll slowly get to the 100k mark, since she has people invested in the story, every good story needs a conflict and then people hang around for the resolution to see if it's a happy ending or a tragedy. Also, relying on the good will of the people who are suffering through this or the pity and empathy others have for her to get to this point. Otherwise, her content withought the clickbait is unclickable.
I think also for many people (I am one of them) its interesting for me to follow other cancer patients to get an idea of what treatment is available at other hospitals. Ie, if I felt that other patients had more access to newer treatments, Id have asked for a second opinion for my husband in a heart beat.

So well said.
Doing lifestyle videos really isn't sustainable for her. She is not capable of an interesting thought let alone actions. Romee is now in remission and her videos are now about travel and similar.
Most people understand that a ditzy girl going to the garden centre and talking about fluffy eggs is not interesting to watch.
Tiffany really relied on the cancer. Maybe she thought "Ok I have cancer and I have mentioned it for 20 seconds so I can now show them myself making tea/hot chocolate and talk about it for 10 minutes and they will still praise me and say I'm brave and inspirational cause I have advanced cancer!"
I think Tiffany will drag it out as much as possible. She might mention futher "hurdles" (chemo for example).
Tiffanys journey hasn't ended and may possibly never end. She's had surgery, but she will need regular scans for a long time. I think she will vlog about those.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I have mixed feelings about the current state-of-play re Tiffany. On the one hand I wish she would do small updates for her many followers. But also I am very pleased in a way that she is taking time to start her recovery at home with her family and without doing endless vlogs.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I have mixed feelings about the current state-of-play re Tiffany. On the one hand I wish she would do small updates for her many followers. But also I am very pleased in a way that she is taking time to start her recovery at home with her family and without doing endless vlogs.
She doesn't need to vlog her updates, anything would do for her followers. She seemed driven to do vlogmas and filled them full of nothing, she just needs to dial things back, give brief progress reports and such.

YT suggested Nicole Willis to me the other day, compare and contrast her videos to Tiffany's. I know it's not a competition, but I think anyone who is monetising their channel and using cancer as the hook really should should be at least trying to be constructive in some way. Just chanting 'We Got This' ad nauseum really is not doing that. Take the money and merch off the channel and she can vlog to her airy-fairy hearts content.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Yeah, I saw it a few days ago. You seriously have to ask 'why?!' It creeps me out.
As does people calling her 'Babygirl' :cautious:
And darling girl, warrior princess, little rabbit, sweet heavenly angel, my precious, missus inspiration, savior of gonks....ok I called her the last one.
I can't read too many comments :sick: , I saw one lady said she was in the middle of an Aldi store and screamed It's Tiffany!!! when her post surgery update came out and got weird looks from people... 🤯 Another said she gives people wings to fly. I just have to wonder if there is a secret video section that's only for stan fans that I don't ever see?!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 19
She doesn't need to vlog her updates, anything would do for her followers. She seemed driven to do vlogmas and filled them full of nothing, she just needs to dial things back, give brief progress reports and such.

YT suggested Nicole Willis to me the other day, compare and contrast her videos to Tiffany's. I know it's not a competition, but I think anyone who is monetising their channel and using cancer as the hook really should should be at least trying to be constructive in some way. Just chanting 'We Got This' ad nauseum really is not doing that. Take the money and merch off the channel and she can vlog to her airy-fairy hearts content.
I can't even recall how I got started on following Tiffany's channel. While I had a cancer surgery and follow up a couple of years ago I did not really seek out cancer vlogs but stuck to some forums discussing my particular cancer. Somehow of course that led to YT promoting channels etc. I did follow Daniel Becker and that ending was so sad...a couple of others that are doing fine and then there is Tiffany, The only other recent one is Jessica Krock which I will continue to follow....My experience with Tiffany's channel and getting sort of wrapped up in it for months has left me not wanting to follow any more in the future.. I will get my updates here and hope that Jessica can maybe get into a trial or something. No recent news from her this year yet.

• Heart
I can't even recall how I got started on following Tiffany's channel. While I had a cancer surgery and follow up a couple of years ago I did not really seek out cancer vlogs but stuck to some forums discussing my particular cancer. Somehow of course that led to YT promoting channels etc. I did follow Daniel Becker and that ending was so sad...a couple of others that are doing fine and then there is Tiffany, The only other recent one is Jessica Krock which I will continue to follow....My experience with Tiffany's channel and getting sort of wrapped up in it for months has left me not wanting to follow any more in the future.. I will get my updates here and hope that Jessica can maybe get into a trial or something. No recent news from her this year yet.
I think you'd fine Jenny Apple's channel a good channel.

Reactions: 9
Sometimes and in spite of the short updates, I wonder if she will disappear for weeks or months and come back one day, with a video about food in the air fryer and plants from the garden center, but without a single word about the surgery or the cancer …? ! If she comes back now she knows that she will have to talk about surgery and cancer . But if she comes back in a few months she will definitely risk to loose many subscribers … Maybe she is waiting for the plaque/ to be at 100k subscribers to make a video ? Who knows what she is doing/ what she is gonna do … I agree it’s probably good for her but we don’t know though if she hasn’t started to film and edit edit edit all the pre recorded videos that we might get soon …

Reactions: 6
I'm really hoping Jessica from Krocks in the kitchen is ok as they don't normally go so long without updates, and her last one was worrying.
I'm hoping that they've had to dash off again for treatment or a trial like Jenny and have simply been too busy.
Now Jessica and Jenny I am FULLY invested in.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I'm really hoping Jessica from Krocks in the kitchen is ok as they don't normally go so long without updates, and her last one was worrying.
I'm hoping that they've had to dash off again for treatment or a trial like Jenny and have simply been too busy.
Now Jessica and Jenny I am FULLY invested in.
Kyle (Jennys husband) new channel is great for carers. I like Kyle and have so much respect for him. As a carer I admire him, he never shows frustration at all the hospital appointments, he is always supportive and reassuring when Jenny is scared. Kyle is someone I can relate to and do admire him.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
RE Jessica Krock I assume they had New Years etc. with family and could be back in Rochester....I am pretty sure she will have some new info soon and hoping it is not just a strategy for keeping her pain free as the disease progresses. For the surgery to be taken off the table means that they must think that it has spread to the liver although without a biopsy more conclusive I am sure that Jessica and Brian have a sliver of hope. I think we will hear soon. We have been hit with a major snow storm up here in Minnesota including Rochester so appointments and tests might be delayed .

Reactions: 7
RE Jessica Krock I assume they had New Years etc. with family and could be back in Rochester....I am pretty sure she will have some new info soon and hoping it is not just a strategy for keeping her pain free as the disease progresses. For the surgery to be taken off the table means that they must think that it has spread to the liver although without a biopsy more conclusive I am sure that Jessica and Brian have a sliver of hope. I think we will hear soon. We have been hit with a major snow storm up here in Minnesota including Rochester so appointments and tests might be delayed .
Thankyou for that as it's reassuring.

Reactions: 4
And darling girl, warrior princess, little rabbit, sweet heavenly angel, my precious, missus inspiration, savior of gonks....ok I called her the last one.
My favorite was from a comment left by someone on one of the vlogmas videos who called her “kid Princess Tiffany” and told her not to listen to people posting from “tin shacks”.

• Haha
I follow the Krocks as well. I pray that Jessica will be ok, I’m worried about her. I also follow Jenny Apple. Tiffany was one of the first cancer vloggers I followed. Her videos kept coming into my feed. I sort of wish I had never watched! I do enjoy my fellow Tattlers, so that is something good that came from it. I love reading the comments from people who think for themselves and see that something is wrong about her channel! ❤

Poor guy. And he wants to help and raise money for others even though he does not have a huge following. Tiffany has a massive following but she does nothing good with it just fills her own greedy pockets and ego.

And yes, he would have more followers if he exploited the cancer more, like Tiffany. And like you said, longer videos are better.

He has such a wonderful outlook on life even with everything that he's going through. He seems so positive and genuine. A while ago, one of Tiffany's videos popped up in my recommended feed on Youtube and I subscribed. Since then, I've found other cancer vloggers who are such a stark contrast to what she presents in her videos. I unsubscribed a few days ago because her passive aggressive attitude and being purposefully vague and misleading has been frustrating to watch. At least on here, I can get updates without the nonsense and distractions. It seems most of her followers don't bother to turn a critical eye on anything she says.

• Heart
I follow the Krocks as well. I pray that Jessica will be ok, I’m worried about her. I also follow Jenny Apple. Tiffany was one of the first cancer vloggers I followed. Her videos kept coming into my feed. I sort of wish I had never watched! I do enjoy my fellow Tattlers, so that is something good that came from it. I love reading the comments from people who think for themselves and see that something is wrong about her channel! ❤
Yes agree wish I had never come across her but the comments here have been very interesting and at times very amusing!! I keep getting older videos of Tiffany from long before I subscribed and not interested. Watched a couple of the "lifestyle" videos and sure is not my style.

Elodi has an IG up today...featuring the one and only Tiffany but I have to assume that is old video?

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
Elodi has an IG up today...featuring the one and only Tiffany but I have to assume that is old video?
Is that Tiffany in that stories clip? Do you mean the video clip with Ella? I actually thought that was Elodie with her.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 6
Is that Tiffany in that stories clip? Do you mean the video clip with Ella? I actually thought that was Elodie with her.
Ok of course...she looks like Tiffany to me in that one but for sure not so skinny. My mistake.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.