Those happy days youtubers

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don’t think they’d be lying about the height of a bridge. That’s the first thing we said when we saw the big van, that they’d forget they need to check the height constantly. You can see they have the height of the van taped up above the driver’s windscreen but they still need to get used to having to check. Again, impulsive. That should be the first thing they thought of on seeing the removals van - how tall is it and can you actually get it into car parks and under bridges etc.

I know LTT is upset but three hours of live ranting and swearing is a bit excessive. Hopefully he’s calmed down now. L&J are not evil, they’re just young and daft. Also LTT was a bit disrespectful to them in some of his build videos, making comments about eating lettuce, pretending to try the shower etc. Both sides could have behaved a bit better.

They won’t make loads of money off either van IMO, people either want a proper streamlined modem one with everything in the right place, or they want to build it themselves. Nobody’s going to pay over the odds for someone else’s vision unless it’s something really amazing.
Young?? How old are they exactly??

Reactions: 1
So I heard a rumour and I'm not 100% sure its true it is (I live in the area they're originally from) but I believe they got some Covid relief money from the UK government for their vegan food business and used those funds to build their vans. Fucked up if that's true!

Onto my general opinion of them. Just screams that they are desperate for attention and every little thing is overblown in the most cringeworthy way possible. Totally shite content to be honest. Much better van life content creators that are more genuine and helpful if that's what you're after.
I wouldn’t be surprised if those sly days got covid money, Liam is such a slippery chancer. At least LTT is honest about all the free stuff he gets and he thanks the companies. L&J get loads of free stuff I’m sure, but they never do any shout outs, cos they want to fool their viewers with their fake sob stories. LTT said they got over 5k of free stuff for the van thanks to LTT, including the front and rear cameras. Companies that gave L&J all the free stuff for the van, were pissed off they never got a thank you and said they’re never doing it again cos of them.

Reactions: 9
I’m so glad this thread exists. I’ve watched THD for a while. Initially I thought their videos were entertaining, but more recently it’s just been moaning, boring dishes of lentils and a disaster all wrapped up in a clickbait title.

I’m continually dumbfounded by their inability to plan or organise anything. Leaving the charger, trekking halfway across the country for a boring dress, being shocked when they run out of gas - with a bit of forward thinking, all this could have been avoided.

I’ve always thought Liam seems petulant and Janine just goes along with what he wants for an easy life. He often speaks over her and can often be rather sarcastic/patronising and short with her. Those incidents are on camera - imagine what he’s like when they’re not filming.

Re the drama with Liam The Terrible - you could see that this would develop. I think Hat Liam and Janine have behaved terribly - they’re users and when LTT stopped being useful to them, they decided to try and make more cash from his name via clickbait vids. A new build anything is going to have snagging issues. It’s normal and expected. They shouldn’t have made that passive aggressive video, which called LTT out in everything but name for things that weren’t his fault. LTT was understandably upset on his live because he’s a sole trader and this unjustified bad mouthing could suit his livelihood.

Reactions: 10
I came across them on YouTube and at first thought they were ok but then they started to annoy me with their complete lack of planning, running out of gas at Christmas! I started watching LTT through them and although he definitely isn’t the kind of person I would watch I found him much more entertaining and honest than THD. I found myself weirdly enjoying the build and the life style.

Their first handover video for the van was very weird they thanked people but not LTT and you only saw him once in the video. Then they started not to use his name but call him “the van builder”. It was obvious they weren’t happy but wouldn’t say why. Then in the second video they didn’t say it was LTT fault but hinted which wasn’t on for me. If they had a disagreement with LTT then give him the opportunity to fix it, this is his business and he has a family to support. Their clarifying video was alsoa sorry but not sorry video. They only did that because people were unsubscribing, another thing they didn’t plan for!

Reactions: 11
I agree with the lack of planning, also them insisting they're so busy and 'time is against them' when all they seem to have done is 'have a wander and a coffee'.

Reactions: 8
I can’t get over how Stupid Hat Liam holds his cutlery tbh. That clip in each intro of him shovelling something into his gob like a toddler makes me cringe. Holds it like a trowel and right at the end of the handle.

I agree with the lack of planning, also them insisting they're so busy and 'time is against them' when all they seem to have done is 'have a wander and a coffee'.
And drive between Barnsley and random far away places over and over.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I can’t get over how Stupid Hat Liam holds his cutlery tbh. That clip in each intro of him shovelling something into his gob like a toddler makes me cringe. Holds it like a trowel and right at the end of the handle.

And drive between Barnsley and random far away places over and over.
1648026705164.png

hahahaha! wtf is that grip! That has triggered me big time!

• Haha
I’m so glad this thread exists. I’ve watched THD for a while. Initially I thought their videos were entertaining, but more recently it’s just been moaning, boring dishes of lentils and a disaster all wrapped up in a clickbait title.

I’m continually dumbfounded by their inability to plan or organise anything. Leaving the charger, trekking halfway across the country for a boring dress, being shocked when they run out of gas - with a bit of forward thinking, all this could have been avoided.

I’ve always thought Liam seems petulant and Janine just goes along with what he wants for an easy life. He often speaks over her and can often be rather sarcastic/patronising and short with her. Those incidents are on camera - imagine what he’s like when they’re not filming.

Re the drama with Liam The Terrible - you could see that this would develop. I think Hat Liam and Janine have behaved terribly - they’re users and when LTT stopped being useful to them, they decided to try and make more cash from his name via clickbait vids. A new build anything is going to have snagging issues. It’s normal and expected. They shouldn’t have made that passive aggressive video, which called LTT out in everything but name for things that weren’t his fault. LTT was understandably upset on his live because he’s a sole trader and this unjustified bad mouthing could suit his livelihood.
Completely agree… LTT looked like a broken man when he went live on Sunday after they put up that vlog also thought it was a shifty how they put the vlog up later than usual they were probably trying to work out how best to play it to their advantage only it backfired massively …
Also I’ve never understood why when this national shortage of gas which has been going on for months since before Xmas .. they don’t have a portable induction hob for use in an emergency but I guess it’s because they have loads of backup and can always drop in on parents, friends etc.

I came across them on YouTube and at first thought they were ok but then they started to annoy me with their complete lack of planning, running out of gas at Christmas! I started watching LTT through them and although he definitely isn’t the kind of person I would watch I found him much more entertaining and honest than THD. I found myself weirdly enjoying the build and the life style.

Their first handover video for the van was very weird they thanked people but not LTT and you only saw him once in the video. Then they started not to use his name but call him “the van builder”. It was obvious they weren’t happy but wouldn’t say why. Then in the second video they didn’t say it was LTT fault but hinted which wasn’t on for me. If they had a disagreement with LTT then give him the opportunity to fix it, this is his business and he has a family to support. Their clarifying video was alsoa sorry but not sorry video. They only did that because people were unsubscribing, another thing they didn’t plan for!
The handover was very odd wasn’t it … you could tell something had gone on… I honestly think they have behaved appallingly over this, all new builds be it van, house whatever you expect to have snagging problems but to not give Liam TT the opportunity to put these things right just seems crazy.

Last edited:
You can tell they’re not even proper Van lifers as they don’t go anywhere, they’re just staying with relatives, LTT said in his live they don’t even live in the van and use spa hotels all the time. I’ve been following some real Van lifers recently, like Running Off Grid and the difference is huge, L&J just go on boring day trips in comparison. That bullshit Instagram post about treating poor boring Janine and her neurotic cough to a spa treatment, the lying sods stay in spa hotels all the time! And now the bs post about how his priority now is getting Janine well and she needs a holiday 🙄🎻

The comments on their fake apology video have been heavily monitored, with only positive comments left up, they must have got someone to monitor the comments.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
I really like to watch Camper Vibe - they're not full time van lifers and are upfront and honest about it. They are currently updating their own van after getting a taste of being in Europe over winter and finding they had some issues.
THD aren't comparable in any way.

Reactions: 10

I began this thread for other people's opinions cause I watched for a while and couldn't make my mind up about these 2 .You summed them up very well in your comment.Turns out my gut instinct was right must make a note and trust my gut more in real life too.LTT didn't deserve the what happened and really gave them a great deal,they plead poverty falsely.

Reactions: 11
I really like to watch Camper Vibe - they're not full time van lifers and are upfront and honest about it. They are currently updating their own van after getting a taste of being in Europe over winter and finding they had some issues.
Yes I like those two girls too, the taller girl is it Louise does all the fitting out of the van etc I also like the Expawers and Tread the Globe … I’ve got quite into watching Van Life though there is no way I’d do it 🤣

Reactions: 4
Yes I like those two girls too, the taller girl is it Louise does all the fitting out of the van etc I also like the Expawers and Tread the Globe … I’ve got quite into watching Van Life though there is no way I’d do it 🤣
I'll check them out next. A find a few of the van life channels really samey and moany or just really preachy. I like the idea of solo car camping. Scares the pants off me too.

Reactions: 2
Agreed, I like a smaller channel lost in transit, they seem like a nice couple and generally try to be positive about things.

I love these 2 girls totally opposite of THD

Reactions: 5
Yes at least those people are honest if they’re only doing it part time etc. I’m enjoying discovering new Van lifers so any recommendations are welcome and better than the boring days. Its the dishonesty that really pisses me off about the sly days, just be honest and say you don’t live in the van full time. But they want to be part of the van community and get sympathy from their viewers. I bet they’re doing a lot of house sitting as well, for friends & relatives. Didn’t Liam’s grandad die or something, maybe he left them a house they stay in part time. I don’t believe these fakes would sell their caravan, unless they had somewhere else to live. They could have easily rented the caravan out, while they went part time in the van.

And now they’ve drove all the way down to Brighton, but apparently they couldn’t afford the petrol to LTT place to get the van fixed, then he changed it to personal reasons. Yeah right, so the personal reasons or sick relative isn’t an issue now that they’re down in Brighton. They’re obviously getting sponsored by places they visit, but the sly sods never put ad on their videos. That chickpea curry he kept plugging was obviously a sponsor and he should have been putting ad on the video. Btw there’s nothing amazing about a chickpea curry, I find it a boring dish, lentil dahl is much nicer.

Reactions: 4
Yes at least those people are honest if they’re only doing it part time etc. I’m enjoying discovering new Van lifers so any recommendations are welcome and better than the boring days. Its the dishonesty that really pisses me off about the sly days, just be honest and say you don’t live in the van full time. But they want to be part of the van community and get sympathy from their viewers. I bet they’re doing a lot of house sitting as well, for friends & relatives. Didn’t Liam’s grandad die or something, maybe he left them a house they stay in part time. I don’t believe these fakes would sell their caravan, unless they had somewhere else to live. They could have easily rented the caravan out, while they went part time in the van.

And now they’ve drove all the way down to Brighton, but apparently they couldn’t afford the petrol to LTT place to get the van fixed, then he changed it to personal reasons. Yeah right, so the personal reasons or sick relative isn’t an issue now that they’re down in Brighton. They’re obviously getting sponsored by places they visit, but the sly sods never put ad on their videos. That chickpea curry he kept plugging was obviously a sponsor and he should have been putting ad on the video. Btw there’s nothing amazing about a chickpea curry, I find it a boring dish, lentil dahl is much nicer.
Other van lifers I enjoy are Kinging It, they're another couple who are honest about staying in hotels when they need to and are really up front about the less pleasant sides of van life like emptying the toilet.

Other van lifers I enjoy are Kinging It, they're another couple who are honest about staying in hotels when they need to and are really up front about the less pleasant sides of van life like emptying the toilet.
I went off them with the whole Morocco getting scammed business, it seemed way over dramatised. Yes they got double charged but he didn't steal the vans and brought them to the port. And this is coming from someone who thought those fake Days ran out of gas on Christmas day when in the same vlog they showed themselves having Christmas dinner at a relatives house. I feel so stupid been taken in by their BS!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.