Thissinglemama #108 Whinge and moan, she should’ve stayed at home!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Absolutely no hate to anyone, just looking for opinions here - do folk really think she has a drink problem? I say this because compared to someone who absolutely doesn't ever drink, I reckon my drinking to others might be problematic. I drink probably five days out of seven but it's only ever a couple per night, more if it's the weekend and I'm not working. I work shifts and often don't get in until after ten and I'll usually have a couple of beers or wines but I don't have to be up early. And I love a drink, not ashamed to admit it. Nothing better for me personally after a long day. I don't have kids to be up for or be sober if they take ill during the night etc.
I suppose what I'm saying or asking is what constitutes a drinking problem? I personally don't have an issue with someone having a glass or two when the kids have went to bed and wouldn't class that as a drinking problem. Or do people think she's downing a lot more every night?
Thoughts?
I love a drink personally, always have done and always will! I don’t smoke, never done drugs and don’t have kids so I can drink every night if I want and def have done in the past! Lol! I’ve never felt that I can’t function without it mind you, but a few years back when I was around 35 ish I realised I was drinking more than I should and had got into a real habit of having a few glasses of red nearly every night, it would get to 8/9pm and it would feel wrong if I wasn’t having wine and I was getting through a fair few bottles a week, I’d also built up a tolerance and so cold drink a whole bottle with no real effect, I did stand back thought and thought hmmm this is a bit much and knocked it on the head and cut right back again, nowadays I don’t drink toooo much in the week, but my and my bf will drink at the weekends, not too excess but we enjoy a few glasses or a few beers in the summer I love a few cold pints at the pub or at home sat outside, most of the women I work with are similar in age to me and are the same, we all enjoy a drink but also now realise if we’re going a bit too far! I def think some people would say i drink too much but those people are also not big drinkers regardless and so I think would say that about anyone who drinks in the week or has more than a couple! Sounds like you drink a similar amount to me and for similar reasons and I also think well I don’t have kids to worry about so why not make the most of it! Lol! I def wouldn’t feel bad about it, I don’t! I’d say im more conscious about the amount and frequency now I’m a bit older and try not to go overboard! Lol!

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I drink but I only drink socially. I can go weeks and not have a drink. Then if I’m on a night out I will have several and get pissed. It wouldn't cross my mind to have a drink on a work night tbh.
I'm the opposite, I'm an antisocial bastard 🤣🤣
I love a drink personally, always have done and always will! I don’t smoke, never done drugs and don’t have kids so I can drink every night if I want and def have done in the past! Lol! I’ve never felt that I can’t function without it mind you, but a few years back when I was around 35 ish I realised I was drinking more than I should and had got into a real habit of having a few glasses of red nearly every night, it would get to 8/9pm and it would feel wrong if I wasn’t having wine and I was getting through a fair few bottles a week, I’d also built up a tolerance and so cold drink a whole bottle with no real effect, I did stand back thought and thought hmmm this is a bit much and knocked it on the head and cut right back again, nowadays I don’t drink toooo much in the week, but my and my bf will drink at the weekends, not too excess but we enjoy a few glasses or a few beers in the summer I love a few cold pints at the pub or at home sat outside, most of the women I work with are similar in age to me and are the same, we all enjoy a drink but also now realise if we’re going a bit too far! I def think some people would say i drink too much but those people are also not big drinkers regardless and so I think would say that about anyone who drinks in the week or has more than a couple! Sounds like you drink a similar amount to me and for similar reasons and I also think well I don’t have kids to worry about so why not make the most of it! Lol! I def wouldn’t feel bad about it, I don’t! I’d say im more conscious about the amount and frequency now I’m a bit older and try not to go overboard! Lol!
Yea me too, used to proper go for it in my thirties, but at 51 the hangovers are just not worth it now! I know my limits 🤣

Reactions: 10
Absolutely no hate to anyone, just looking for opinions here - do folk really think she has a drink problem? I say this because compared to someone who absolutely doesn't ever drink, I reckon my drinking to others might be problematic. I drink probably five days out of seven but it's only ever a couple per night, more if it's the weekend and I'm not working. I work shifts and often don't get in until after ten and I'll usually have a couple of beers or wines but I don't have to be up early. And I love a drink, not ashamed to admit it. Nothing better for me personally after a long day. I don't have kids to be up for or be sober if they take ill during the night etc.
I suppose what I'm saying or asking is what constitutes a drinking problem? I personally don't have an issue with someone having a glass or two when the kids have went to bed and wouldn't class that as a drinking problem. Or do people think she's downing a lot more every night?
Thoughts?
I have a friend who was referred to a therapist in regards to her mental health being so bad she was extremely suicidal, her first therapy session she was very honest and marked on the form that she has a glass or two of wine each night and they classed her as having a drinking problem, she was refused the therapy and instead referred to AA which was ridiculous as she had a stable job etc

I think if it’s something you can absolutely not go without then that’s when it becomes an issue.

Reactions: 12
I’d say if you can’t go a day without alcohol you may have a problem or it will become a problem in the end. I’ve never drank alcohol for 30 years, I just don’t like it and I suffer from migraines and it used to make them worse. I don’t have any problem with people drinking and enjoying themselves but with Aimless she’s drinking when she’s with her child alone and anything could happen. I do think she has a massive problem with Alcohol and I think she drinks every night too.

• Heart
I work through the week so wouldn’t touch alcohol on a work night and definitely don’t feel like I need too, I do like a drink with my partner on a Saturday but we don’t have children and I’m in my late twenties. Now a Chinese takeaway is a different story!! That is a must have after a stressful week at work 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
I do question that. But i enjoy it and I suppose probably aye! 🤣
Test yourself, try and go without alcohol for a whole week. If you struggle, or think about it often, there's your answer. I used to be a massive pisshead. I'd drink nearly 2 bottles of wine most nights. Then more on the weekends. But because it was a "nice wine" or it was with cheese etc. I'd try and justify it. Now I only drink If I really fancy it or on an occasion, which isn't often. But once I do get going I can put loads away. It's a slippery slope for me. Once I'd cut it out completely for a few months, I could see how much my life centred around boozing, and it shocked me to be honest

• Heart
Reactions: 25
I'm the opposite, I'm an antisocial bastard 🤣🤣

Yea me too, used to proper go for it in my thirties, but at 51 the hangovers are just not worth it now! I know my limits 🤣
Same!! We talk about it all the time at work and I genuinely don’t know how I did it back then! Now, apart from very rare occasions I will stop before I get too far gone as hangovers are not the one these days! I will do all I can to avoid! lol!
---
Test yourself, try and go without alcohol for a whole week. If you struggle, or think about it often, there's your answer. I used to be a massive pisshead. I'd drink nearly 2 bottles of wine most nights. Then more on the weekends. But because it was a "nice wine" or it was with cheese etc. I'd try and justify it. Now I only drink If I really fancy it or on an occasion, which isn't often. But once I do get going I can put loads away. It's a slippery slope for me. Once I'd cut it out completely for a few months, I could see how much my life centred around boozing, and it shocked me to be honest
I agree with this, I’ve always thought if I can go without and don’t feel I need it, then I haven’t for an issue, I have a little one currently that I started yesterday while I was doing some tidying, I planned to have more tonight but now I’m home I’m not really feeling it so won’t have any and I can easily leave it there and have what I normally have in the evenings which is flavoured fizzy water, I’ve never felt I needed it to function or pass the time and won’t drink for the sake of it, my bfs mum on the other hand, absolutely a functioning alcoholic, has severe COPD and heart issues and has been told for years to quit smoking and drinking, she managed to give up smoking quite easily but red wine, she has that bottle open by 3 at the latest every day and will get through at least two bottles a day if not more depending on how she feels, every day without fail, doesn’t get drunk, as has a huge tolerance now but absolutely cannot go without and she doesn’t see it as an issue at all!

• Sad
Reactions: 11
Aye, a few years ago I could put away loads, not half as bad these days. I did a week off it about a month ago, surprised myself 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 8
There's no designated driver in that family. There all pissheads.
The fact neither her or C can go for a meal without having a drink says it all too me

Thoughts?
I think it becomes a problem when you need it more than want one ❤ it’s easy to drink too much, I did, once upon a time. But luckily I was never in its grip and could stop when needed ❤

Reactions: 16
I used to drink loads in my late teens to 20’s then once I had kids I hardly touched it
When my son got married, I had 2-3 champagne’s and didn’t like how I felt the next day
A couple of weeks later, we were in the middle of a heatwave and it was early in the morning and there was a bottle of cider in my fridge, and it made me really fancy it as it was ice cold
So I had toast and cider out on my patio for brekky
My ( then 18 yo) daughter came down and she was all
“OMG mum it’s 7am”
Hubs heard, came outside looked at me, turned to her and said
“Mums the last person to worry about with drinking, she probably won’t have another drink for another few years”
And he was kind of right lol. If I have 3-4 alcoholic drinks a year its a lot lol. I am addicted to tea however

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I have a difficult relationship with alcohol so I’m probably not the best person to comment. I grew up with a father who was essentially an alcoholic but would never admit it. It made me cautious around alcohol. But as I got older I began to drink more. But the hangovers and having kids put a stop to it. I’ll drink a little socially but never when I’m in sole charge of my kids. Ever! Makes me wonder how Aimee would manage in an emergency. Can’t imagine the shame of taking my child to hospital stinking of booze and being half cut!

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Apologies to the people I’m about to annoy with this question, but I really can’t be going through over 100 threads to find the answer!

this one has been coming up on my feed for ages & I’ve always felt there’s something odd about her; but that aside , what was the trigger for her stopping showing H on her videos? I saw one where she mentioned not being able to show H and I wondered was it the ex husband who stopped her, or H herself?

Reactions: 4
Same!! We talk about it all the time at work and I genuinely don’t know how I did it back then! Now, apart from very rare occasions I will stop before I get too far gone as hangovers are not the one these days! I will do all I can to avoid! lol!
---

I agree with this, I’ve always thought if I can go without and don’t feel I need it, then I haven’t for an issue, I have a little one currently that I started yesterday while I was doing some tidying, I planned to have more tonight but now I’m home I’m not really feeling it so won’t have any and I can easily leave it there and have what I normally have in the evenings which is flavoured fizzy water, I’ve never felt I needed it to function or pass the time and won’t drink for the sake of it, my bfs mum on the other hand, absolutely a functioning alcoholic, has severe COPD and heart issues and has been told for years to quit smoking and drinking, she managed to give up smoking quite easily but red wine, she has that bottle open by 3 at the latest every day and will get through at least two bottles a day if not more depending on how she feels, every day without fail, doesn’t get drunk, as has a huge tolerance now but absolutely cannot go without and she doesn’t see it as an issue at all!
This was my mum and I say was because she died at 60. Had COPD and the week before she died, was diagnosed with lung cancer. Refused to change her lifestyle throughout her various illness and it caught up with her eventually. She was a bipolar drunk through out my childhood. One minute was nice, the next minute she was cruel. Aimless gives me the same vibes.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Apologies to the people I’m about to annoy with this question, but I really can’t be going through over 100 threads to find the answer!

this one has been coming up on my feed for ages & I’ve always felt there’s something odd about her; but that aside , what was the trigger for her stopping showing H on her videos? I saw one where she mentioned not being able to show H and I wondered was it the ex husband who stopped her, or H herself?
No one knows for sure. We think it's been stopped by her(harper's) father, because Aimelss still parades her all over instagram. So it is deffo not for safety or by her choice

Reactions: 9
Thoughts?
I think she does have a drink problem. The first red flag for me was when I read here that her daughter asked her not to drink because she doesn’t like it. If your very young child is picking up on your personality changing so much when you drink but you can’t or won’t do something about it, that’s not right (my opinion).

The “don’t film me Prosecco” - why would you just not drink? Maybe she white knuckles it through the day until she can get a drink and sometimes drives under the influence? I don’t think that’s a stretch.

Someone said she cracks open the drink as soon as Harper is home from school. Loads of people enjoy a drink in their own house and I don’t think planning your day around it means it’s a problem…but I would worry if it was every single day. I wonder if she hates her life so much she needs to have a drink to sit in her house.

And the thing that sealed it for me is how she was on holiday. She to me was a totally different person - quieter, more withdrawn, almost frightened in a way. She’s Billy big balls talking into her phone with her ring light and a few drinks in her but she’s a different person without it. She never seems to be boozy which makes me wonder if she’s knocking back a lot to just be ‘breaking even’.

I loved a drink for a good few years before it got out of hand and if I’m honest, it sometimes feels slightly unfair that I don’t have that to relax me/make me better socially. I genuinely believe people can drink every day and not be alcoholic in the same way people can be alcoholic and not drink every day. It’s when it starts to cost you more than money that it COULD be an issue - Aimee has no friends, can’t keep a partner, she’s permanently agitated and anxious, she’s looking for ways to change how she feels (alcohol, food, spending, men, online attention good or bad) she will openly lie to people (not necessarily a symptom of being alcoholic but it can be) and I do think her life would be better if she stopped drinking.

All this is just my opinion - it’s absolutely not for me to ‘diagnose’ anyone. It’s just there’s been an increase in things that have made me think and I can identify with the freefalling. If you can’t go a day without drinking then maybe it’s worth having a closer look at it - alcoholism isn’t just the woman in the graveyard with the brown paper bag and only you know yourself whether there’s more to it

• Heart
Reactions: 20
No one knows for sure. We think it's been stopped by her(harper's) father, because Aimelss still parades her all over instagram. So it is deffo not for safety or by her choice
Thanks - weird if she’s keeping her daughter off one SM platform but not others… it fits though 🤣

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.