This Morning - ITV

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Fun little story:
A few years ago, my parents were in the process of selling their house. They had an open viewing for about 3 hours. After it finished there was a knock on the door and it was Alison Hammond asking if she could view the house. To which my dad replied “no you’re too late” she then replied asking if my Dad knew who she was. His response was “no, not a clue” and shut the door on her.
Knocked her down a peg or two! 😂

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 26
I swear every time this vet is on he is repeating the same thing about getting pets used to being alone

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I’ve come to the conclusion it’s the two of them together that I’m not feeling. I like them both and I think Alison could have been alright as a main host if she had the right partner (someone light hearted and funny but professional enough to smooth over the awkwardness when she cocks up). I think Dermot is a bit too boring/straight to be partnered with her. He needed someone a bit more professional//serious and i think it could have worked with him in that scenario. ITV defo cocked up with this pairing I think.

Reactions: 6
I have to agree that the Dermot/Alison pairing is not working. But I can't see it changing any time soon. A whole week of it has been tooo muchhhh.

And I would not want to see Rochelle (hopeless), Charlene (too aggressive), Ore Odube (too sickening) or Roman Kemp (bloody everywhere) doing it as has been suggested.

And should never ever have Clodagh McKenna on it again...annoying as f**k.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
She was on Stephs program the other week and they showed a clip of her dancing during camera rehearsals to a song, this morning did the exact same thing last week with her...

Reactions: 2
She was on Stephs program the other week and they showed a clip of her dancing during camera rehearsals to a song, this morning did the exact same thing last week with her...
Like some one else said...she is a dose & likes the sound of her own voice waaayyy too much

Reactions: 1
View attachment 531915social distancing my arse!!!!!
Is someone that bored of dermot and Alison they have had to have a sleep on the floor 🤣🤣

I put it on +1 for a laugh , someone was cooking a curry and Dermot was sitting their clapping his hands together , I dont think he realised he was doing it, he looked like a simpleton, very odd.

Alison was fuming she didn't have a starter , poppadoms, naan and a pint of lager with her curry , im sure I heard her shout I want pudding

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
I used to watch it all the time but can't stand it now, unless Eamonn & Ruth are presenting it. It's actually very sad what has happened to it these last few years, Since Fern left really.

Reactions: 11
I have to agree that the Dermot/Alison pairing is not working. But I can't see it changing any time soon. A whole week of it has been tooo muchhhh.

And I would not want to see Rochelle (hopeless), Charlene (too aggressive), Ore Odube (too sickening) or Roman Kemp (bloody everywhere) doing it as has been suggested.

They should go back to Jenni Falconer, good steady hand with maybe a more down to earth rounded man than Dermot etc.

I used to watch it all the time but can't stand it now, unless Eamonn & Ruth are presenting it. It's actually very sad what has happened to it these last few years, Since Fern left really.
This precisely! Can't watch at all when Schofe and Holly are on. I come out in hives.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Has Stacey Solomon ever stood in to present , i really like her i think she is a genuine warm and funny person , ive seen her present i'm a celeb extra which i enjoyed, but whether she could do This Morning i dont know, i would definitely prefer her to Hammond , i think Stacey is a lot more natural.
Dermot would have to go, not sure who i would have , but anyone except Ore Oduba who has to be the most fake , insincere, bland and sickly person on TV.

Melvin Odoom might be quite good , but i dont know whether he has done TV with Stacey and its all about chemistry, so it could just be really awkward like Dermot and Alison.

Johnny and Denise have made up and are friends again, they could get them in , but then i would be just hoping it would be the Big Breakfast 2 , i loved that when those two did it.

She was on Sunday Brunch a few weeks ago - seems to be a regular gig for her as she is a friend of S. Rimmers and she has the same MO on there, dance, make loads of noise, shout then do a bit of cooking.
Quite agree, none of the suggestion above are suitable for the job and I stopped watching it ages ago only only do E and Ruth days now.
I saw S. Solomon on the BBC tidying up programme last week and she was so different to how she is on LW and think they should at least give her a couple of shows as a trial but without Joe Swash.

Reactions: 2
Has Stacey Solomon ever stood in to present , i really like her i think she is a genuine warm and funny person , ive seen her present i'm a celeb extra which i enjoyed, but whether she could do This Morning i dont know, i would definitely prefer her to Hammond , i think Stacey is a lot more natural.
Dermot would have to go, not sure who i would have , but anyone except Ore Oduba who has to be the most fake , insincere, bland and sickly person on TV.

Melvin Odoom might be quite good , but i dont know whether he has done TV with Stacey and its all about chemistry, so it could just be really awkward like Dermot and Alison.

Johnny and Denise have made up and are friends again, they could get them in , but then i would be just hoping it would be the Big Breakfast 2 , i loved that when those two did it.
No no no to soloman

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
She was on Sunday Brunch a few weeks ago - seems to be a regular gig for her as she is a friend of S. Rimmers and she has the same MO on there, dance, make loads of noise, shout then do a bit of cooking.
Quite agree, none of the suggestion above are suitable for the job and I stopped watching it ages ago only only do E and Ruth days now.
I saw S. Solomon on the BBC tidying up programme last week and she was so different to how she is on LW and think they should at least give her a couple of shows as a trial but without Joe Swash.
yes , please not let Swash near a TV camera ever again, i have almost smashed up my TV everytime he is on :D

Its hard to think of people the older i get , all the older presenters arent wanted anymore yet i dont know enough about the younger ones to be able to pick , i would have Richard madeley back in a heartbeat , but thats only because he reminds me of Alan Partridge :D i love watching him these days as you never quite know where he will take a segment :D
For whatever reason ITV would rather the best people for the job , didnt do that job :(

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.