This Morning - ITV

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Alison especially and Dermot were unbelievably awful this morning.
surely itv must know how bad they actually are ?

Reactions: 9
As with Schofield, they are not getting rid of Alison Hammond unless she makes a major error on or off screen. And to be honest, nor should they. The people in charge gave her the opportunity (wisely or not) so they should stand by it.

Reactions: 4
As with Schofield, they are not getting rid of Alison Hammond unless she makes a major error on or off screen. And to be honest, nor should they. The people in charge gave her the opportunity (wisely or not) so they should stand by it.
As much as I don’t like her as a full time presenter I agree with this - they should of kept her doing the random VTs as she was great at them but not great at the more serious show. But yeah they need to keep with their decision however bad it was. I think ITV jumped way too quickly rather than scouting a full time presenter to be more inclusive! There so many great choices out there that could of been in place for both of them!

I actually think Charlene from Loose Woman would of been a better fit for This Morning over Loose Women

Reactions: 5
Dermot and Alison are struggling with this cooking bit , Dermot thinks he is watching the go compare man prepare a pot noodle and Alison is still wondering where her big mac , chicken sandwich and fries are , she thought she was in a McDonald's

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Dermot and Alison are struggling with this cooking bit , Dermot thinks he is watching the go compare man prepare a pot noodle and Alison is still wondering where her big mac , chicken sandwich and fries are , she thought she was in a McDonald's
the plating of that was atrocious, it reminded me of something that would be criticised in the come dine voiceover :LOL:

• Haha
the plating of that was atrocious, it reminded me of something that would be criticised in the come dine voiceover :LOL:
LOL 😀 , it looked horrible didn't it, even John torode didn't seem interested today , and you know it's not going well when Alison doesnt seem keen

• Haha
LOL 😀 , it looked horrible didn't it, even John torode didn't seem interested today , and you know it's not going well when Alison doesnt seem keen
It was hilariously bad, I make more effort cooking for myself, after that stupid "prank" a few weeks ago with James Martin I wondered if it might be the same :LOL:

• Haha
Okay I haven’t watched this morning in a whilst can’t stand weasel schofe and ditsy I’m everywhere Holly ....however I especially hate the direction this morning and loose women have gone down .....I don’t want to bring up the “race” issue but for me I have to..... my dad is Jamaican and mum English ...so for me diversity of course is super important!! However I feel these two shows have just picked up more and more black presenters and just put them to the camera and said speak. It just doesn’t feel authentic, wanted or real. For me it just feels like a tick box excersise. And I think it’s because they don’t gel well. And I know people will say itv can’t win if black people are on the front line in presenting or not. But I feel it’s been done all for the wrong reasons really!!! It’s so forced. Just employ someone if they are fit for the job not to fill a box!! I love Alison !! But her and Dermot don’t do it for me at all....and the loose women panel now zzzzzzz 🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️
This will probably be a devicive opinion but it’s just how I feel

Reactions: 15
Okay I haven’t watched this morning in a whilst can’t stand weasel schofe and ditsy I’m everywhere Holly ....however I especially hate the direction this morning and loose women have gone down .....I don’t want to bring up the “race” issue but for me I have to..... my dad is Jamaican and mum English ...so for me diversity of course is super important!! However I feel these two shows have just picked up more and more black presenters and just put them to the camera and said speak. It just doesn’t feel authentic, wanted or real. For me it just feels like a tick box excersise. And I think it’s because they don’t gel well. And I know people will say itv can’t win if black people are on the front line in presenting or not. But I feel it’s been done all for the wrong reasons really!!! It’s so forced. Just employ someone if they are fit for the job not to fill a box!! I love Alison !! But her and Dermot don’t do it for me at all....and the loose women panel now zzzzzzz 🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️
If I were to pick a dream pairing it’d probably be Vick Hope and Roman Kemp as they were great together on Capital and they do random segments for This Morning. It’d be nice to have some younger people on in the daytime too - not everyone watching is an older woman!

• Heart
If I were to pick a dream pairing it’d probably be Vick Hope and Roman Kemp as they were great together on Capital and they do random segments for This Morning. It’d be nice to have some younger people on in the daytime too - not everyone watching is an older woman!
Ooo yes. I saw ore oduba on lorraine earlier, he would be great.

I can’t watch it with Alison and Dermott. They just don’t gel with me. Independently I don’t mind them but together they’re terrible.

Reactions: 11
Rochelle would have been a good shout as a presenter but when it was first announced that Alison & Dermot were taking over Eamonn & Ruth’s Friday slot as from January this year Rochelle had not long had her baby so it was probably bad timing

Alison is good when she’s doing the celebrity interviews but holding down a 2 1/2 hr live show, not so much.

I’m not sure why Eamonn & Ruth haven’t presented both weeks of this school holiday.

I like Judi Love and Brenda on Loose Women and I think Charlene is competent (but not great) as an anchor but I think the weak link is Kelle Bryan. I just don’t think she’s very engaging. I don’t think it’s because she’s always on Zoom as on the odd occasion she’s been in the studio she’s the same as well

Rochelle would have been a good shout as a presenter but when it was first announced that Alison & Dermot were taking over Eamonn & Ruth’s Friday slot as from January this year Rochelle had not long had her baby so it was probably bad timing

Alison is good when she’s doing the celebrity interviews but holding down a 2 1/2 hr live show, not so much.

I’m not sure why Eamonn & Ruth haven’t presented both weeks of this school holiday.

I like Judi Love and Brenda on Loose Women and I think Charlene is competent (but not great) as an anchor but I think the weak link is Kelle Bryan. I just don’t think she’s very engaging. I don’t think it’s because she’s always on Zoom as on the odd occasion she’s been in the studio she’s the same as well

No no to Rochelle! She is not good (my opinion)

Reactions: 15
I never watch it these days, only make an exception when Eamonn and Ruth are presenting. Alison and Dermot are diabolical

this content about the dog is the most dull thing I have seen on this morning, it could have been a 5 minute segment but is just dragging on and on

I can’t watch it with Alison and Dermott. They just don’t gel with me. Independently I don’t mind them but together they’re terrible.
As someone black mixed race, don’t hate me
For saying this. But I always feel like Alison comes across as a stereotypical Mami type. Dermott is just dry and beige as can be. They don’t work together. They need people their level because she’s fairly loud and he’s quiet.

I like Alison, but her & Dermot don’t seem to go together? He seems so disinterested in being there!

I can’t watch it either, dermot comes across he’s not bothered with a cup in his hand
And that one Clodagh McKenna what a dose
🤯

I like Alison and I think she's great but only in small doses, I don't know if it's Alison's presenting skills, or just because she's been paired with Dermot and Dermot is quieter.

But honestly from what I've seen Dermot doesn't really like or gel with Alison really well. I feel like ITV would have done a better job had they let Charlene White (newscaster, newbie on Loose Women) join This Morning with Dermot and Alison have the Loose Women spot. Although I'm supposing ITV are going for the 'giggly girl and quiet guy' dynamic like with Holly and Phil, and on LW the funny 'life and soul' persona is taken up by Judi Love (who I love!) and so if they shoved Alison on there too it could be overkill. I dunno. I think Alison holds her own but not on TM.

I can’t watch it either, dermot comes across he’s not bothered with a cup in his hand
And that one Clodagh McKenna what a dose
🤯
Dermot has an annoying style of presenting to try to appear relaxed , he either has a cup and has a casual drink , or he slaps his leg or does a bit of leaning , i'm surprised he doesnt give Alison a playful punch on the arm , its like he is a cliche Blokey Bloke "Look at me, i'm a casual blokey bloke, i like football me" , the over excitement in boring subjects adds to the fakeness.
I used to like Dermot but he has become too comfortable knowing he can pick up jobs, he has developed the fake "safe, yet blokey" presenting style, still he only has to say one wrong sentence and he will be gone, last of a dying breed is Dermot

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.