This Morning #2 Hosts are on a revolving door, the whole thing is a total bore

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Personally I’ve nothing against Rochelle but she is simply not main presenter material. She’s fine in the fashion segments where she’s reliant on cue cards to convey simple information and it’s all very regimented. It’s introduce model, run through items, thank model, next model repeat! She’s fine if it’s heavily scripted and predictable.

Live TV? She’s awful. She cannot read the autocue and stumbles over her words. It’s uncomfortable as a viewer watching an amateur who should be better than she is by now. She’s trying to hide her mistakes by acting ditzy but it comes over as fake and desperate to be like Holly.

Also, for a show like this morning, you need to have empathy and listening skills. When doing emotive subjects, you can see her looking at the script for the next question to ask. She’s too afraid to go off script to listen to the guests and ask questions off their answers. Interviews are therefore stilted as a result.

Plus, her social media doesn’t exactly project the image she wants to portray on This Morning. Like the call in on those poor women who are worried about debt. You could see she had no interest/awareness in it and as a viewer when you see on socials her kids dressed head to toe in designer and her shopping for £5 juice in Harrods- it just adds to this fake presenter persona.

Reactions: 25
Personally I’ve nothing against Rochelle but she is simply not main presenter material. She’s fine in the fashion segments where she’s reliant on cue cards to convey simple information and it’s all very regimented. It’s introduce model, run through items, thank model, next model repeat! She’s fine if it’s heavily scripted and predictable.

Live TV? She’s awful. She cannot read the autocue and stumbles over her words. It’s uncomfortable as a viewer watching an amateur who should be better than she is by now. She’s trying to hide her mistakes by acting ditzy but it comes over as fake and desperate to be like Holly.

Also, for a show like this morning, you need to have empathy and listening skills. When doing emotive subjects, you can see her looking at the script for the next question to ask. She’s too afraid to go off script to listen to the guests and ask questions off their answers. Interviews are therefore stilted as a result.

Plus, her social media doesn’t exactly project the image she wants to portray on This Morning. Like the call in on those poor women who are worried about debt. You could see she had no interest/awareness in it and as a viewer when you see on socials her kids dressed head to toe in designer and her shopping for £5 juice in Harrods- it just adds to this fake presenter persona.
But "Spend it Well at Christmas" with Phillip Schofield is fine of course! He has something like 30 houses in his property portfolio, but we need someone to scoop them all up, so the prices stay out of reach for us plebs, don't we? Still, he'll rent one of them out to you - for a profit!

• Haha
Reactions: 3
ANYTHING'S better than "stunning and brave" Phil and fawning Holly!
Rochelle seemed more relaxed with Alison today.

Phil always looks tired and unwell these days, with a air of guilt about him. Holly looks like she thinks everything is beneath her. She probably does.

TM is always a bit more enjoyable when others are presenting it.

Reactions: 4
Rochelle seemed more relaxed with Alison today.

Phil always looks tired and unwell these days, with a air of guilt about him. Holly looks like she thinks everything is beneath her. She probably does.

TM is always a bit more enjoyable when others are presenting it.
Phil was and still is Holly's meal ticket. She knows she'd be nowhere without him. Still she acts like a prima donna with everyone else, though.

1643752365525.png

Schofield is looking TOO thin and scraggy. When he makes jokes, you look into his eyes and they are just dead! He still tries to come across as your laugh-a-minute fun guy, but he's really not (He never was for me.) I don't believe he has guilt in the sense a normal person would - it's more to do with knowing he's pushed his luck too far and his days as "Mr ITV" are numbered.

Reactions: 8
I'm sure this had been referenced many times here before, but the way Phil was allowed to carry on after *that* David Cameron interview (around the time of the Jimmy Saville exposure), when he passed him a list with named individuals...it was gutter journalism. He didn't apologise and poor Ruth (who was seated next to him and squirmed) the very next day had to carry the can.

That was probably at a time Mr ITV felt he was untouchable and could do no wrong. The show has since descended into a smug fest, where Holly strokes his ego.

The difference between TM then and now is Fern, Richard and Judy, Eamonn and Ruth were all qualified in journalism. This lot aren't and it shows. There is a lot left to be desired about their 'personalities' too, which the ITV executives probably think trumps integrity.

Reactions: 15
How much do we both hope he has longer and longer and longer covid. :LOL:
I don't want him to get "long Covid" (if there is such a thing) I want him to be SACKED and shamed for gross misconduct - a far more filling punishment!

When’s Holly due back?? She’s been gone for ages, any goss on that/why??
I can't say I'm missing her, nor watching her fawn all over Philth and his technicolour dream coat! :sick::sick:🤮🤮🤮🤮

1643781699404.png

But "Spend it Well at Christmas" with Phillip Schofield is fine of course! He has something like 30 houses in his property portfolio, but we need someone to scoop them all up, so the prices stay out of reach for us plebs, don't we? Still, he'll rent one of them out to you - for a profit!
I was talking specifically about Rochelle. I made no reference to Phil so I’m not sure what you are getting at?

I think Phil knows a bit to much about holly, and vice versa.
To be honest I don't think there's much to know about Holly. She only cares about Holly, Holly's children, Holly's family and Holly's finances. She knew all about "stunning brave" Schofield's antics with the young boys, but she didn't care - now she's pretending she had no idea, but she's lying. The only reason she covers-up for Phil is because it benefits HER - as soon as that ends, she'll soon change her tune, mark my words!

Reactions: 3
Rochelle has been incredibly daft today playing Wordle. Why didn't she try a couple first?
I actually have it on in the background now - Rochelle and Vernon seem to be doing OK today, there's a nice relaxed atmosphere - that's usually the case when "brave and stunning" Phil and fawning Holly are away.. It should be a permanent arrangement!

signed, Marv

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I like Vernon and his nice Northern accent. He seemed genuinely interested asking Caroline about the menopause. I still think Rochelle is useless, but she seems happier with lovely Vernon than Peevish Phil.

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.