Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Tootoo

Chatty Member
So pleased she’s being sent products for her baby to use….bet we never see them again. Pop it in your iCal for 3 months from now Sarah.

Reactions: 1

L1fe0nM@rs

VIP Member
I know all families are different and her parents have their own lives etc but surely everyone would have predicted she/the whole family would be in need of support in the initial days after Rob leaves. I was surprised how little her parents stayed for once baby born but assumed they would be back down around now. I thought granny would maybe be flying back with them on Sunday but given the desperation of her to get to Aberdeen maybe not. She says she struggles with leaving her parents and it’s going to be incredibly difficult for her returning home on Sunday to her actual life and home on her own with the children. I get wanting to see and show off your new baby to family but it’s not the long to Easter surely when he will be a bit older and they can spend more than a couple of nights.

Again not knowing her family it’s not fair to criticise but l when our 3rd was born (we also live away from family) we had a nearby air b&b that parents, in laws and siblings came up over the 1st month to meet baby and help out while husband went back to work and I was recovering. I actually feel really sorry for her that she is having to even make this journey to get the support she is in desperate need off.
I agree - I mean it possible she insisted, we know how she is - but there’s no way my siblings wouldn’t have visited in the first week of me having a baby never mind a month! One of my sisters came from the other side of the world and stayed nearby for a few weeks while we got to know the baby - and I wouldn’t say we are especially close

Lilybobtail

Chatty Member
People take babies to chiropractors to get them aligned after a tricky birth. If the baby’s neck or shoulders were squeezed during the birth the chiropractor can manipulate them into place. Traditional doctors aren’t fans of this sort of thing, but some people swear by them to get a stiff/cranky/squashed baby to stretch out after birth.
Ah thanks I've never heard of this! Doesn't seem like she's given herself to get to know him before deciding he needed a chiropractor!

GiggleBee

VIP Member
Sorry if I'm being offensive but I just don't get why you'd call your kid a name that sounds like they are hocking up phlegm. Especially when they are barely even Scottish enough to be given such a name.
She said it's more of a cats hiss sound 😂 although both sounds are as bad each other and not something you'd want in a beautiful newborns name.

sosticky

Chatty Member
I can’t help but feel for her with this travel hiccup tbh. I know it’s more bonkers signs of her not coping, but going somewhere that she will have others to help is a good thing for the kids.

And regardless of how self inflicted the whole situation is, and how poorly she manages her life, it would be gutting to miss a flight.
---
I can’t help but feel for her with this travel hiccup tbh. I know it’s more bonkers signs of her not coping, but going somewhere that she will have others to help is a good thing for the kids.

And regardless of how self inflicted the whole situation is, and how poorly she manages her life, it would be gutting to miss a flight.
Just, nah. She's the only bonkers thing
---
It would be gutting to miss a flight. But most rational
parents would not make their children (one of whom is a newborn needing regular expressed top ups) sit in an airport for a further 8 hours whilst the sole parent was in a state of very poor emotional regulation.

I don’t agree that travelling to Aberdeen for grudging assistance from family members is good for the children. It’s certainly not good for a newborn who still isn’t feeding effectively, is still jaundiced and is vulnerable. He doesn’t need “help” (ie to be handed around a group of adults). He needs to be at home, in a calm, clean, environment. His siblings also don’t need more over-stimulation and to observe and be drawn into more hysterical goodbyes from their mother when they have to leave again in a few days. They will model what they see and find this behaviour really difficult to process on top of what’s no doubt been going on around Sinbad

I can imagine being at the airport which is an unfamiliar transient environment with Sarah who was apparently crying non stop and a small baby whom they will know needs looking after and worrying that Sarah won’t be able to do that must have been a really overwhelming and upsetting experience for them. Just because they can’t understand and express those feelings verbally does not mean they won’t have them
You are my hero, well said

Ruby’s mum

VIP Member
She’s been awfully quiet yesterday and today. Are we taking bets on a wee trip to the motherland after a flying visit to Rob’s dad?

GiggleBee

VIP Member
I wonder if she decided to take him to hospital yesterday rather than them suggesting it. I bet she got alot of messages that first time he was called in and she's likes the attention.

Just seemed a little odd, he obviously wasn't there for his jaundice and he had the cannula this time. I wonder if she made it sound like there was more going on and that's why they were looking for infections?

Where’s her thread? I’ve only just discovered her
here you are. Your eyes will be opened. I started off thinking she was funny but she’s as insufferable as the rest of them, and entitled !

• Heart

DeloresBawbag

VIP Member

---

Tootoo

Chatty Member
My eldest never napped! 15 mins here and there but he just didn’t nap, so I had to get creative, cooked dinner with the wrap on. Pushing the buggy, in the bouncer, whatever I could. If I wanted him to nap longer I had to lay on tbe bed and sleep with him in my arms. Was just one of those things. My second, took regular 2 hour naps from 5 weeks old. But she’s one of those mothers that can’t be outside the official rule book. And makes her life impossible because of it.
She’s probably following Gina ford…

RubyTuesday39

VIP Member
Is a solo adult allowed to fly with three children? I thought there was a rule that it could only be two because in case of emergency you can’t put the oxygen masks on quickly enough for all of them
Tried googling this, yep I have nothing better to do, and most stuff applied to babies and toddlers. What’s the betting there is a policy for this and Mrs Disorganised hasn’t bothered to check and therefore can’t fly, hahah 🙄

rainbowunicorn9

Chatty Member
I wish I was at Gatwick. I would have a quiet word with staff about my concerns about that newborn. He’s obviously not well. Dragging him on a flight after spending hours at the airport. It’s inhumane.
---
He has already been travelling for around 5 hours
do they live a 5 hour drive from Gatwick!?! She did not drive that far with an unwell newborn did she???