This Is Us

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I love love love this is us but it’s much better binge watched!! I watched the first 3 seasons in about a week. I’m not about waiting a week between episodes 😢

Reactions: 4
Yep I thought that, I might save a few up to binge and see if that helps!
I thought it was just me who was feeling this way! I'm going to do the same.

Maybe I'm just in a bad mood but I'm sick of Randall's 'poor me' stance and the whole Covid and BLM storyline is pissing me off. I all feels very lackluster.

• Wow
Reactions: 5
I'm a bit behind with the new season - watched the first two so far.

I liked the way they've included BLM + Covid. Was a bit skeptical at first just because it picks up right where they left of, but I think they've done a good job of making it feel seamless. Covid I don't think will matter as much in the context of the show with the different timelines. BLM I think has been the most interesting as we finally got to see Randall's side of things - of him always feeling like the 'outlier' and how his parents didn't want him to feel 'different' so didn't talk about it.

I figured they would have to mention Randall's birth mom eventually but wow what a reveal! Definitely wasn't expecting that.

I hope Kevin/Randall can resolve things at some point and also curious as to how Kevin's relationship with Madison will work out. Somehow I don't see them lasting, but who knows?

Reactions: 3
I thought it was just me who was feeling this way! I'm going to do the same.

Maybe I'm just in a bad mood but I'm sick of Randall's 'poor me' stance and the whole Covid and BLM storyline is pissing me off. I all feels very lackluster.
I feel the same, Randall was one of my fave characters with William and Beth but watching him now is draining the life outta me. And I love the twists and turns but feel like the whole Randall’s mum thing is a reach.

I love this show, it was one show that I really look forward to watching. I do feel that this series is a bit dreary but maybe it's because I wanted to escape from my own reality and try to pretend that the whole pandemic wasn't happening for an hour a week. I think it's fantastic of them to include the BLM movement. It's so important and it's good to see it from another perspective and it will open up discussions and minds I think. It really hit home, the whole storyline with Kate apologising, asking who she should donate to and not knowing what to say and Randall not wanting to keep things inside so as not to upset people any longer. It's a very important message to get out there.

I do think the whole Randall's mum story is a bit much though . . .

Reactions: 2
I thought episode 1 of the series was brilliant with the covid angle, ep 3 was a bit slow but this show does that.
So not interested in Randall’s Mum! And I find the fact that the actors who play Kevin and Madison are social distancing really off putting!! It’s not natural for a couple to stand so far away from each other when having d&ms!
Love everything about Randall & Beth as always though.

We haven’t.
In the last scene of season 3, Toby says ‘I’ve just spoken to Jack; they’re on their way’ and people assumed it meant Jack and Kate but now I think it may mean Jack and his wife.
Can’t be - Jack is only a year and a half older than the twins. And the twins are in the flash forward

I thought episode 1 of the series was brilliant with the covid angle, ep 3 was a bit slow but this show does that.
So not interested in Randall’s Mum! And I find the fact that the actors who play Kevin and Madison are social distancing really off putting!! It’s not natural for a couple to stand so far away from each other when having d&ms!
Love everything about Randall & Beth as always though.

Can’t be - Jack is only a year and a half older than the twins. And the twins are in the flash forward
Ah yes. Good point!

Reactions: 1
I found the whole Randall going viral and it connecting him to his mum somehow really predictable. I just saw it coming as soon as Malik took his eye off the ball, as soon as he he started undressing, I just thought, this is going to blow up somehow and his mum will end up seeing it (or the old boy who she was with?!) so that was a bit disappointing. Still very steady going so far.

Reactions: 1
I’ve enjoyed it so far. Especially as the creator of the show, Dan Fogelman has said that these episodes have been mixed and edited the night before airing

I’ve enjoyed it so far. Especially as the creator of the show, Dan Fogelman has said that these episodes have been mixed and edited the night before airing
Yeah we can't knock them for actually still getting us television to be fair.

I think they’re having a break until the new year now - a lot of tv shows in America do at this time and we’re getting it just after it’s shown there.
Thanks. I binge watched the first 4 seasons, really hard waiting for each new episode now, lol

I've just finished season 1 so well behind but I love it. It's so well told given the timeline is never confusing.