Things you've always wanted but never had?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Kids today will never know the excitement of the Christmas Argos catalogue, or the Christmas edition of the Radio Times (when there were only 3 or 4 channels to watch) 😂😂

Reactions: 15
I got a little leaflet from the Entertainer at Christmas for my son to flick through and pick what he liked the look of, it just didn’t hit the same as the Argos catalogue 😆

Reactions: 1
Kids today will never know the excitement of the Christmas Argos catalogue, or the Christmas edition of the Radio Times (when there were only 3 or 4 channels to watch) 😂😂
Yes! Flicking straight to Xmas day to see what the film was.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I feel very spoiled because I got the Mr Frosty one Christmas as my main present, and it was the biggest disappointment ever. My mum said it served me right. 🤣

I always wanted a Girl’s World, but never got what I wanted after Mr Frosty letting me down.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Holiday/vacation/solo trip by myself. I want to sit while day beach side just to watch people and sea waves

• Heart
Reactions: 5
A brother or sister, screwball scramble and to live in an estate (growing up as an only child in the middle of nowhere wasn't much fun!).

I live in a suburban estate now and it's lived up to expectations 😆 Sadly never got a brother or sister though

Same. I was desperate to live on the cut-de-sac where my friends were able to play out and bike around.
I grew up in one. It was great and not so great. 12 houses, other kids and we all had fun. But it was like Ramsey Street on speed. Everyone knew each others business. If there was an argument it would spread like wildfire around the houses. So much tittle tattle.

And when I unexpectedly got pregnant at 21, well they all had a field day with the gossip!

• Sad
Reactions: 4
Enjoying this thread.

I wanted

A landline phone in my room that looked like a cheeseburger. Saw it on an aussie soap.

Kickers school shoes.

Inflatable furniture of course

A bunk bed with a sofa underneath!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I wanted a Raleigh Chopper, but all I got was a Raleigh Shopper! (complete with basket).

Same. I was desperate to live on the cut-de-sac where my friends were able to play out and bike around.
Me too, I grew up on a farm . Now I live in a housing estate, like my school friends did when I was little. I have no interest in living in a big house in the country, like some people seem to day dream about . People used to sing the chorus to Blurs Country House to tease me.

Reactions: 3
A border collie. I’m an adult now so could obviously get one, but I worry I’ll end up with a nutty head one 😂

• Haha
Cabbage patch doll my mum saw one in a charity shop just before Christmas but she hesitated and didn't get it, childhood disappointment all over again 🤣
I wanted a cabbage patch doll, got the small/cheap version of it from argos - hard plastic doll, not as cute as the squishy one.
The whole advert sell of being born in cabbage patch fields 😂.

Just looked up and there's a "hospital" (shop) for cabbage patch dolls! Babyland General Hospital

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I wanted a cabbage patch doll, got the small/cheap version of it from argos - hard plastic doll, not as cute as the squishy one.
The whole advert sell of being born in cabbage patch fields 😂.

Just looked up and there's a "hospital" (shop) for cabbage patch dolls! Babyland General Hospital
Omg I'm going on ebay right now 🤣

I wanted to have the reversible sweatshirt of the 80s, large Mickey mouse on outside, miny (not Minnie!) Mickey mouses on the inside

I wanted that Cadburies Chocolate red machine thing from Argos. Circled it every year in the catalogue, but alas, never got it. Probably because finding refill chocolates would have been impossible and I would have eaten all the chocolates in 5 seconds...

4d4704a5673f8e002397fd245ede0d42.jpg

---
One of these bad boys...
Oh I didn't check all the pages before I posted mine just now :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Dream Phone board game! I must have asked 3/4 xmas’s in a row and never got it.
IMG_5575.jpeg

Also a furby 😂

• Heart