Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

littlepup

VIP Member
A mr Frosty. I must have asked every Christmas and birthday to have one. Never got one πŸ˜‚
Don’t worry, they were crap πŸ˜‚ you couldn’t get the handle to turn to crush the ice without the strength of 1000 men so it was basically syrup on ice cubes!

• Haha
Reactions: 21
When I was young, I always wanted to wear glasses so I did all the stuff they say makes your eyes weak - I would nick my dads spare glasses and wear them, sit too close to the telly, all the bad stuff. I got glasses when I was about 14. Now I spend a fortune on contact lenses and never wear my glasses in public.

• Haha
Reactions: 18

Fifi91

A mr Frosty. I must have asked every Christmas and birthday to have one. Never got one πŸ˜‚

• Heart
Reactions: 17

pinkmug

VIP Member
After watching so many American shows set in the suburbs as a kid, a double door fridge with an ice maker seemed like the height of opulence.

I wanted a clear landline phone with a very long chord in my room.

I also wanted a kid on a bike to deliver our newspaper every morning by throwing it in our nonexistent garden from his bike but that never happened either πŸ˜‚

• Haha
Reactions: 16

LittleMy

VIP Member
Also a Mr. Frosty. As an adult and parent myself I now see how shite they are and why my mum wasn’t having it πŸ˜‚

• Haha
Reactions: 16

Lalla

VIP Member
Kids today will never know the excitement of the Christmas Argos catalogue, or the Christmas edition of the Radio Times (when there were only 3 or 4 channels to watch) πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Reactions: 15

Lalla

VIP Member
1711391316008.png

A landline phone that looks like lips πŸ‘„
You've reminded me that growing up I really wanted one of those phones where you hold the bit up to your ear and speak into the base, I'm not explaining it well so I've added a picture πŸ˜‚

I also really wanted at various points in my childhood an attic bedroom, a tomato sauce bottle shaped like a tomato, and a caravan πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14

barre19

Chatty Member
I was absolutely desperate for one of those skip hopper (?) thingies, a hoop to put your ankle through and you swing it round your feet and jump over it. The really jazzy ones had a counter on them too.

My mum refused to get me one cos I had no coordination and she said I’d break my ankle. But she eventually caved and I got one for my birthday. Guess what happened? πŸ€‘πŸ˜…

• Haha
Reactions: 12

Sibz

Chatty Member
I'm surprised the people who make Mr Frosty haven't used this common experience to their advantage and made a christmas advert where parents who never got it when they were young and their kids now wanting it both get a mr frosty from father christmas and are finally happy :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 11

Kim Mild

VIP Member
Bit lighthearted. What have you always wanted but never had?

I've always wanted a dimmer switch for my ceiling lights. I hate bright lights. I've just been reminded of this by a Facebook post asking for recommendations to remove one.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10

bubbadabut

VIP Member
Another vote for Mr Frosty. With the number of people who wanted one of these things, but never got one...it makes me wonder if they even existed in the first place! Was it some kind of Argos catalogue conspiracy?

It's probably more to do with the fact that everyone's mum saw it and thought "I'm not wasting good money on that piece of shit!" 🀣

• Haha
Reactions: 10