Things you've always wanted but never had?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
A border collie. I’m an adult now so could obviously get one, but I worry I’ll end up with a nutty head one 😂
Aw I had a border collie when I was a kid, he was a nutty head, but a loveable one 😂 He was the best - I’d love another one!

• Heart
Reactions: 2
My friend had Dream phone. Its all I wanted to play when I went to her house. She was so fed up of me but she was loaded and I wanted to play with stuff I had no access to. I recall "I know who it is but I'm not telling".

• Haha
Reactions: 8
A belly button piercing when I was thirteen because all because my friends had them. Now I look back and thank god that my mum put her foot down! 😂 Thirteen! There’s no way my own kid would have her belly pierced at thirteen!

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Magic steps shoes in white and ones with a strap that could go over the foot or fold back to be a slip on…
I was only allowed sensible T-bat shoes

Reactions: 2
I wanted that Cadburies Chocolate red machine thing from Argos. Circled it every year in the catalogue, but alas, never got it. Probably because finding refill chocolates would have been impossible and I would have eaten all the chocolates in 5 seconds...

View attachment 2854926
---

Oh I didn't check all the pages before I posted mine just now :ROFLMAO:
I never had one of these as a child, but I did buy it for my son as soon as he was old enough to eat chocolate. Luckily, he wasn't old enough to notice that his mummy scoffed every single tiny chocolate bar and didn't share a single one 😁
(He didn't care, he spent most of the day playing with discarded wrapping paper!)

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Desperately wanted a perm when I was a teenage 😣
Oh don't be sad you never had one. I had short hair. It was the mid 80's, I wanted it just permed on top (Don't ask) it was fashionable. The hairdresser permed it all over. I looked like my nan. 🤣

• Haha
I always wanted a pony and still do 😅
Same. I’ve asked every Christmas and birthday for the last 51 years 😂
---
A four-poster bed, seemed to me very glamorous when I was younger. Still haven’t got one; now it would feel a bit intimidating and looming, I expect. (See also: water beds, probably a bit intimidating and wobbly. What if you had both? 🤯)
Casa Bev-Ron in Brookside put me right off four-poster beds 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I'm surprised the people who make Mr Frosty haven't used this common experience to their advantage and made a christmas advert where parents who never got it when they were young and their kids now wanting it both get a mr frosty from father christmas and are finally happy :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I’m another vote for Mr Frosty 😂. I also wanted the Guess Who game and Simon but was disappointed every Christmas when they never apppeared 😂

Pleeeeease share a photo 😂😂
No, nope, never! It gives me anxiety just looking at it. I mean, the 90s weren’t much better but please god could I not be an 80s kid?

On the plus side, it was a mega era to grow up. Everyone out all the time, rollerskates, bikes and tree swings everywhere. Home when the street lights came on. Proper childhood that doesn’t exist now.

• Heart
I'm surprised the people who make Mr Frosty haven't used this common experience to their advantage and made a christmas advert where parents who never got it when they were young and their kids now wanting it both get a mr frosty from father christmas and are finally happy :ROFLMAO:
You should work in marketing 🤣 (if you don’t already 🤣)

• Haha
Reactions: 3