Things you've always wanted but never had?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
A sphinx cat. Way too high maintenance in reality though. You have to bathe them at least once a week and they can very needy as far as cats go.

Reactions: 4
Also in the Mr Frosty club, and also then never got one for my daughter ๐Ÿ˜‚

Also, MX5 convertible, but I am no longer able to drive so that will never happen.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
A sphinx cat. Way too high maintenance in reality though. You have to bathe them at least once a week and they can very needy as far as cats go.
I wanted a sphinx cat too, until I found out they required about as much work as a baby ๐Ÿ˜‚

Reactions: 2
I was definitely in the Mr Frosty club as a kid, knowing they were useless makes me feel less like I missed out ๐Ÿ˜‚

I also wanted a house with an ensuite, utility room and a massive garden. I have the first 2 but still waiting on the garden, hopefully in my next house!

I've also wanted a dog for years, I even have dog names picked out ๐Ÿ˜‚ but I also like a tidy house and am too lazy for the daily hoovering I'll need to do, let alone the dog walking (although the exercise would do me good).

Reactions: 6
When I was young, I always wanted to wear glasses so I did all the stuff they say makes your eyes weak - I would nick my dads spare glasses and wear them, sit too close to the telly, all the bad stuff. I got glasses when I was about 14. Now I spend a fortune on contact lenses and never wear my glasses in public.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
I always wanted Mousetrap and Screwball Scramble. I have bought both for my son in the past and theyโ€™ve rarely been played with ๐Ÿ˜… I also really wanted the make your own McDonalds toy that my cousin had. The burger thing never worked so I never knew what that was like. I was a culinary whiz at pushing the bread through the rollers though to make fries ๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿป

As an adult, Iโ€™d like a porch and a boot room. Much more practical ideas.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
1711391316008.png

A landline phone that looks like lips ๐Ÿ‘„
You've reminded me that growing up I really wanted one of those phones where you hold the bit up to your ear and speak into the base, I'm not explaining it well so I've added a picture ๐Ÿ˜‚

I also really wanted at various points in my childhood an attic bedroom, a tomato sauce bottle shaped like a tomato, and a caravan ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
Mousetrap never quite fitted together properly so you missed nothing.
I also wanted a Mr Frosty. They must have had a good ad campaign!

Mousetrap never quite fitted together properly so you missed nothing.
I also wanted a Mr Frosty. They must have had a good ad campaign!
Mousetrap never worked ๐Ÿ˜‚

Over the last 5 or 6 years I have collected new in box Barbies from my childhood. They never see the light of day as you have to keep them protected. I have Loving You, Peaches and Cream, Twirly Curls and a few others. But the one I wanted most was Pretty and Pretty. My friend had one and I was obsessed but I never got it. I ended up buying two, one pristine and another new in box but average condition.

As much as I want to open the average one, itโ€™s still a kind of historical peice so I havenโ€™t. Eventually I will resell and that one will be more affordable to a reminiscing person like me.

Keeping hold of them now and will sell when I get grandkids to start a trust fund. I think I am about 25% up on what I paid for them.

Edit, these are all early 80s Barbieโ€™s.

Reactions: 2
View attachment 2836716

You've reminded me that growing up I really wanted one of those phones where you hold the bit up to your ear and speak into the base, I'm not explaining it well so I've added a picture ๐Ÿ˜‚

I also really wanted at various points in my childhood an attic bedroom, a tomato sauce bottle shaped like a tomato, and a caravan ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
I'm sure they sold replica telephones like that at Past Times.

Cabbage patch doll my mum saw one in a charity shop just before Christmas but she hesitated and didn't get it, childhood disappointment all over again ๐Ÿคฃ

• Haha
  • Heart
I always wanted Mousetrap and Screwball Scramble. I have bought both for my son in the past and theyโ€™ve rarely been played with ๐Ÿ˜…
I always wanted Buckeroo, and when I finally bought it for my kid, it definitely lived up to my expectations. Unlike Operation, which is MUCH harder to play than I imagined!

• Haha
Wall mounted circle dial telephone, like my Nana's. Always felt like a major event cranking that up to make a call.

Swimming pool in garden. Like the idea still, but don't fancy the heating bills.

Mirror with glamorous old fashioned round lights. Working on it.

I always wanted one of those toys that involved penguins going around a track and down a slide. I am not sure what it was called.....and a Mr Frosty. I think we all wanted a Mr Frosty.

Right now I want one if those huge walk in showers that I have only seen in a Spa or a rich person house, the ones that squirt water on your from all directions. Also a home swimming pool.

• Heart
Mr Frosty! Yes I wanted one of those too, last year my little girl found one at a car boot sale and pestered me to buy it which I did. Itโ€™s crap!

• Haha
  • Sad