Things that you are sick of seeing on social media #9

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This is so pedantic and I could fully be wrong here but I’m going there and I am sticking with it 😂
The videos that keep popping up on my YouTube shorts about people going back and fourth saying their icks about the other person, they use the term ick but it’s actually just stuff they do that annoys them which imo is not the same.

Grubby hands = yes, ick
Him sleeping on the sofa cause you had an argument = how is that an ick? That is just something he does that annoys you.

Like I said maybe I’m being too pedantic and black and white about it but those videos are pissing me off anyway but that’s been really annoying me

eta: also some people are doing with their friends which is even weirder to me cause as far as I was aware an ick is a turn off so unless you’re turned on by your friend then what are you doing?

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Miriam Margolyes
Can’t bleeping stand her. She seems to be really popular on Instagram.
OHGOD she is INSUFFERABLE. I waded through her autobiography in a desperate attempt to like her, but she is dreadful. I was hoping for an interesting memoir of a Jewish lesbian (not unlike myself!) but most of it was about her giving blowjobs.Yeuch.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
OHGOD she is INSUFFERABLE. I waded through her autobiography in a desperate attempt to like her, but she is dreadful. I was hoping for an interesting memoir of a Jewish lesbian (not unlike myself!) but most of it was about her giving blowjobs.Yeuch.
I listened to her on an episode of the Off Menu podcast, she was just insufferable and not at all funny. I think people just pretend to like her because of her "national treasure" status

Reactions: 4
This is so pedantic and I could fully be wrong here but I’m going there and I am sticking with it 😂
The videos that keep popping up on my YouTube shorts about people going back and fourth saying their icks about the other person, they use the term ick but it’s actually just stuff they do that annoys them which imo is not the same.

Grubby hands = yes, ick
Him sleeping on the sofa cause you had an argument = how is that an ick? That is just something he does that annoys you.

Like I said maybe I’m being too pedantic and black and white about it but those videos are pissing me off anyway but that’s been really annoying me

eta: also some people are doing with their friends which is even weirder to me cause as far as I was aware an ick is a turn off so unless you’re turned on by your friend then what are you doing?
I agree , to me getting "the ick" is when you're in early stages of dating and suddenly you don't fancy them anymore and most stuff they do is a turn off

Someone I follow would do an "ick" q&a and the replies were ridiculous like, cheating , not replying to messages , flirting with other peope etc, that's just being a dick head

There is also a thread on here about it and I had to stop looking because it was annoying , same as the unpopular opinion thread people were saying stuff that annoyed them but definitely wasn't unpopular

Reactions: 8
Yes I find her repulsive , and I KNOW everyone is sick of people saying "if the genders were reversed..." but seriously, if the genders were reversed I don't think people would laugh at most of her vulgar disgusting anecdotes

She comes across as a creepy pervert who's only comedic value is the juxtaposition between being a garden gnome looking old lady and spewing the most vile vulgar stuff

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
Why do I keep seeing videos of people clambering to buy a cheap Aldi energy drink!? 🤣 Is there some sort of story behind it or just people going insane?

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Why do I keep seeing videos of people clambering to buy a cheap Aldi energy drink!? 🤣 Is there some sort of story behind it or just people going insane?
It's endorsed some you tubers. KSI who I always accidentally refer to as KPI (Key Performance Indicators) and some bloke called Logan Paul who I've never heard of. Sadly it's definitely not cheap either. It's probably meant to be but retailers are selling it at massively inflated prices. Although I presume it's a reasonable rate in Aldi.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
It's endorsed some you tubers. KSI who I always accidentally refer to as KPI (Key Performance Indicators) and some bloke called Logan Paul who I've never heard of. Sadly it's definitely not cheap either. It's probably meant to be but retailers are selling it at massively inflated prices. Although I presume it's a reasonable rate in Aldi.
KPI 😅😅

• Haha
Reactions: 2
'Family date night'

Which actually means they decided to go out for a meal. But no, it has to be an 'event' :confused:

Reactions: 19
I agree , to me getting "the ick" is when you're in early stages of dating and suddenly you don't fancy them anymore and most stuff they do is a turn off

Someone I follow would do an "ick" q&a and the replies were ridiculous like, cheating , not replying to messages , flirting with other peope etc, that's just being a dick head

There is also a thread on here about it and I had to stop looking because it was annoying , same as the unpopular opinion thread people were saying stuff that annoyed them but definitely wasn't unpopular
exactly!! who is not getting the ick from someone cheating or flirting with other people? 🤦🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 6
“I’m doing this now before the lines get jammed”

BC8F70D4-E6CD-4C95-9442-57B1547C9838.jpeg

1. The lines stopped jamming in 2002
2. You’re on Facebook

• Haha
Reactions: 31
This one might be too generic, but I have noticed a huge increase in people over sharing details about their private lives to a kind of creepy degree.

I saw a (celebrity) pregnancy announcement where her husband walks in to the bathroom and says ‘are you having a poo?’ 🤢 I mean, I don’t think anyone wanted that detail of your relationship 🤢 (meaning it’s clear they share that moment in their marriage, walking in while one of them is on the toilet)

I’ve seen similar, where people call husband into bathrooms while they are in the bath and film something totally inane. Like they’ll ask him a question while filming the wall or something and make a big deal of how ‘funny’ his answer or response is, but really, you are just sharing a very personal moment, you naked in the bath with husband there, and it’s fairly obvious that either this is being done to show off in some way, or people have lost ALL sense of boundaries and privacy in their lives.
Couldn't agree more.

I find it all pretty obscene. I'm not saying we should return to the 1950s but come on! Why is this level of vulgarity so sought after and celebrated? I have never understood the appeal.

Reactions: 12
People who have been gifted meals out, get wayyy too much food sitting on the table for 2 people... the food is all documented for the gram so the restaurant gets the publicity it wants, but just think of the food waste involved in this

Reactions: 7
Instagrammers and their ilk, declaring love for their followers by referring to the '....wonderful supportive community ' they've built. 🙄 Its all ball 0x. They just want the revenue it generates, whilst trying to make their followers feel that they matter.

Reactions: 10
I listened to her on an episode of the Off Menu podcast, she was just insufferable and not at all funny. I think people just pretend to like her because of her "national treasure" status
Not in this house, she isn't. Repulsive cow.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.