Things that you are sick of seeing on social media #8

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
People asking for very specific items, free.

'Anyone have a [top of the range] silver fridge, must be in immaculate condition. White won't match my [top of the range] kitchen, so gimme!'

Okay I am exaggerating slightly but I saw someone asking for a very specific highchair recently, complete with photo for illustration. And I used to see posts like the above on a recycling page. Fecks sake.
It’s like that on Olio now some want a fully furnished place and want the works!

Reactions: 1
Oh god there are so many, I'll attempt to list some

Men cosplaying as women and getting seemingly infinite praise for it?!?

The endless laundry drying posts since the cost of living crisis.

The what do you tell your kids about santa posts.

Check your kids Halloween candy

Your fireworks are scaring my dogs.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Those reels where someone with a small business selling massive oversized bag charms that carry everything but the kitchen sink, or naff scrunchies talk about how a customer had to cancel their big order because their daughter took their credit card and ordered without permission. So the business owner refunds and fills the order anyway, usually chucking in a $100 gift card for the hard up single mum. I've seen it so many times it can't be genuine.

Reactions: 5
I low key hate how I suddenly get all the 'just checking in and catching up' messages through socials the first week of November.

All acquaintances over actual friends, all either trying to flog their MLM tat (noooooo thank you) or making sure they're in your mind when it comes to Christmas presents (no lie, someone literally said 'can't wait to see what you'll send us this year'. Spoiler- nothing!)

Jokes on them, ignore me all year? I'm gonna ignore you now. Cost of Living crisis is doing me a favour and cutting the mooches loose! Woooo!

(Actual friends are lovely though, we've all had the chats saying we're not expecting anything etc etc, unless their kids would like to draw me a nice picture. I'd love those.)

• Wow
Reactions: 8
Heidi Klum’s worm Halloween costume has now reached the brand memes stage 🥱 it’s not even Halloween any more

• Haha
Reactions: 10
The once a year petition being shared everywhere! Ban fireworks. If they were that passionate about it why do they forget about it the other 51 weeks of the year? It happens, prepare for it.

Reactions: 7
The once a year petition being shared everywhere! Ban fireworks. If they were that passionate about it why do they forget about it the other 51 weeks of the year? It happens, prepare for it.

It's the ones who are trying to hide their racism that get me. They are fine with bonfire night and new years, but the Diwali fireworks are a bang too far.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
I'm quite young and also I do not have Facebook or anything but something that quite made me sick today is, my mom was scrolling through insta today and showed me some supposedly cute photos of babies and I couldn't help but think.. why the hell would you post your baby's a$$ on the internet? Or like the most ridiculous, strange photos of your own goddamn child?! People, please, if some of you have kids (especially babies) and post photos of them online, think well before you click on "post".

Reactions: 6
A horrible story yesterday in Aberdeen. A young man very sadly lost his life going into the sea trying to rescue his dog which apparently got spooked by fireworks 😥. Personally, I would ban fireworks any except for 5th November. That way people would know to keep their pets in and prevent the devastating situation above.

Reactions: 4
Check your kids Halloween candy
Saw a story on a local news website today about a girl biting into a Curly Wurly to find a razor blade embedded inside. It was sooooo fake. How does one open the wrapper, hide the blade (so it can’t be seen at all once unwrapped) and then reseal?

I swear someone took the urban myth and decided to run with it for a bit of attention.

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.