Things that you are sick of seeing on social media #8

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
People asking for very specific items, free.

'Anyone have a [top of the range] silver fridge, must be in immaculate condition. White won't match my [top of the range] kitchen, so gimme!'

Okay I am exaggerating slightly but I saw someone asking for a very specific highchair recently, complete with photo for illustration. And I used to see posts like the above on a recycling page. Fecks sake.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Pictures of someone who has had an inch or two cut off their hair with the hashtag - short hair, don’t care! It’s usually still way past their shoulders as well!

Reactions: 7
We were on holiday during the 1st week in September, and a pub had a Christmas display up in their foyer🤯

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
I hate all the “it’s been a crap year and I don’t care what anyone thinks, I’m putting my tree up now” from anytime now onwards.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
I hate all the “it’s been a crap year and I don’t care what anyone thinks, I’m putting my tree up now” from anytime now onwards.
I have friends who I know will post something along those lines on FB shortly !

Reactions: 4
People deliberately holding their hand in a way that shows off their engagement ring, on posts that have nothing to do with them being engaged.

Reactions: 9
I made the mistake once of stating my opinion about Christmas starting too early. Had my head bitten off about folk on benefits or low income, being able to spread out the cost. I get that but a) most of the toys are the same and usually a bit more expensive cos “Christmas” and b) you could just pop the money away until December and spend it then. Make a day of it shopping. Have a mince pie and a gingerbread Costa and calm doon

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
You’re all complaining about Xmas, I’ve been to Morrisons last year and they had eater egss out a couple of days BEFORE xmas 😂

• Haha
  • Wow
You’re all complaining about Xmas, I’ve been to Morrisons last year and they had eater egss out a couple of days BEFORE xmas 😂
I feel bad for school children, so many shops start selling "back to school" stuff before they have even started summer holidays 😅

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I made the mistake once of stating my opinion about Christmas starting too early. Had my head bitten off about folk on benefits or low income, being able to spread out the cost. I get that but a) most of the toys are the same and usually a bit more expensive cos “Christmas” and b) you could just pop the money away until December and spend it then. Make a day of it shopping. Have a mince pie and a gingerbread Costa and calm doon
Spreading the cost I get - but it doesn’t require putting up Christmas trees or decorations in November or playing frigging Mariah Carey on Instagram stories today!!!!! 😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Just spotted an ad for a prize draw to win an OLED Switch, enter your email address on the form (it’s a genuine company not one of those “we have 500 Nintendo Switch to give away because the corner of the box is dented”). Nowhere does it say “and for an extra chance to win post why you should win it” yet here we are with comments ranging from “my disabled/autistic child would love this” to “if I win, I’m donating it to someone who needs it” and loads of “I want to win this for my grandchildren” 🙄

• Haha
Just spotted an ad for a prize draw to win an OLED Switch, enter your email address on the form (it’s a genuine company not one of those “we have 500 Nintendo Switch to give away because the corner of the box is dented”). Nowhere does it say “and for an extra chance to win post why you should win it” yet here we are with comments ranging from “my disabled/autistic child would love this” to “if I win, I’m donating it to someone who needs it” and loads of “I want to win this for my grandchildren” 🙄
There was a fb competition for something, I'm sure it was tickets to the zoo, last year and all the comments were similar. I put "I don't have a sob story like everyone else but yes please, I'd like to enter the comp".

• Haha
Reactions: 20
I used to work for a luxury website (think Gucci dog collars and Chanel nappy bags) and we had a competition. One of our regular customers who spent into the thousands per month wrote underneath “I should win this to give my kids a treat, we can barely afford to eat and heat our home and it would be nice to have a bit of Christmas magic” 🤶

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 20
I have a friend who shares the most mundane memories on fb, and has just reached a new low by sharing the memory of herself sharing a memory. I knew this day would come.
Screenshot_20221101_201121.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.