Things that you are sick of seeing on social media #8

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
tbh I know more than one person who had been burgled by people they actually know because they share to much on social media.
and publishing where they are in real time on instagram etc, some people's lack of awareness for basic safety is ridiculous, especially when I see influencers with children doing this

Reactions: 3
ngl when me, my fella and our toddler went pumpkin picking it was bloody awful! Toddler was tired and snappy, kept trying to pick up pumpkins and they were too heavy so he’d cry 🤣 then he’d stand in mud and he’d cry. Still got our wheelbarrow pic with a pumpkin but during the whole thing I was thinking god I am never doing this again I want to go home 🤣
when did this become a thing in the UK? It seems like just the past 5 years or so? I understand going fruit picking (we went strawberry picking as childre which was so fun, good weather, eating as you go etc) pumpkin picking seems to have none of these benefits

Reactions: 9
when did this become a thing in the UK? It seems like just the past 5 years or so? I understand going fruit picking (we went strawberry picking as childre which was so fun, good weather, eating as you go etc) pumpkin picking seems to have none of these benefits
It's not really a thing here, I would say , no one we know has ever done so ?

Reactions: 1
It's not really a thing here, I would say , no one we know has ever done so ?
it’s definitely a thing here now, last 5 years or so it’s really became a thing. I live near about 5/6 pumpkin patches. It was deffo more American to begin with and we’ve robbed it

Reactions: 11
It annoys me when grown adults do things that are catered towards children. Just for the social media and photos.

So things like pumpkin picking. Girls dragging their boyfriends there with their PSL's for photos next to the harvest sign. 😂

I remember being in the hairdressers last year and the girl next to me was about 25/26 and was slagging off a local Xmas themed fairground for being full of kids. Sorry what?! 😂 but don't worry cos she got a cool photo by the ferris wheel in her Russian fur hat.

It annoys me when grown adults do things that are catered towards children. Just for the social media and photos.

So things like pumpkin picking. Girls dragging their boyfriends there with their PSL's for photos next to the harvest sign. 😂

I remember being in the hairdressers last year and the girl next to me was about 25/26 and was slagging off a local Xmas themed fairground for being full of kids. Sorry what?! 😂 but don't worry cos she got a cool photo by the ferris wheel in her Russian fur hat.
To add as well. Annoys me even more when these things are ticketed and parents haven't been able to get booked up cos all the huns have decided to go for content.

• Haha
Reactions: 15

To add as well. Annoys me even more when these things are ticketed and parents haven't been able to get booked up cos all the huns have decided to go for content.
Made me think of this lol
91196971-84A4-4C47-AEE4-D8E11D668D64.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 8
It depends. There was one near us where it was just a bunch of pumpkins dumped onto the muddy ground (they don't actually grow them, just a truck delivery 🙄) with stupid signs and hay bales everywhere. We now have a really nice one, proper farm with a big field etc and you can pick pumpkins and other vegetables too. All very low key and a nice afternoon out on a sunny day!

It depends. There was one near us where it was just a bunch of pumpkins dumped onto the muddy ground (they don't actually grow them, just a truck delivery 🙄) with stupid signs and hay bales everywhere. We now have a really nice one, proper farm with a big field etc and you can pick pumpkins and other vegetables too. All very low key and a nice afternoon out on a sunny day!
I get it when it is also other veg/fruit (what place would only grow one thing?) but the ones I see atm are literally just pumpkins and hay bales like you said!

Reactions: 5
I get it when it is also other veg/fruit (what place would only grow one thing?) but the ones I see atm are literally just pumpkins and hay bales like you said!
the one I went to with my 2yo was a proper farm and had a day at the farm, which included seeing all the animals, all the activities, soft play and a cafe etc with just a field of pumpkins with some hay bales. We got a free pumpkin with each ticket! Wouldn’t bother going to just a boring pumpkin patch it looks boring tbh 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 4
the one I went to with my 2yo was a proper farm and had a day at the farm, which included seeing all the animals, all the activities, soft play and a cafe etc with just a field of pumpkins with some hay bales. We got a free pumpkin with each ticket! Wouldn’t bother going to just a boring pumpkin patch it looks boring tbh 😂
So so muddy and actually not that interesting for kids??! Seen the pumpkins, taken a pic… now what 😂 It’s not as if the pumpkins have even grown there, they’ve just been dumped there by the workers the night before

People/Businesses obsessed by social media. I had an appointment with a local chiropodist. £28 and the board read "a 45 minute appointment ". Arrived and the person is scrolling her social media. Ten minutes later I am outta of the consulting room ready to leave and when I approach to pay she is scrolling social media yet again. So my £28 supposedly for a 45 minute appointment was a whole 10 mins as she couldn't wait to get back on to social media. 🤬

• Sad
Those newborn baby photoshoots where they wrap the poor babies up like mothballs.
They’re horrendous, and the ones where they manipulate them into a pose that makes them look like a performer with the cirque du soleil!
Crazy 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 8
tbh I know more than one person who had been burgled by people they actually know because they share to much on social media.
I’ll never understand why people put so much on public settings, a friend of a friend is currently on holiday for a fortnight, this came up on my homepage even though I’m not friends with her because my friend commented on her checked in to Manchester Airport status. I also know exactly where she lives because her cover photo is her car in her driveway complete with one of those house number plaques with the number and street on in full view.

• Wow
Reactions: 10
Actually debating deleting this friend today!!!! FML only saving Grace is that she posted it 24 hours ago and NO ONE has commented…
I switch off & scroll on with stuff like this but who has the time to write so much without actually saying anything 🤷‍♀️

All of this 🙌 🤣 not forgetting the strava wankers who inform us of their bike route and how far they cycled
Ahh I miss the Strava wankers account on Twitter 😆

Reactions: 2
People/Businesses obsessed by social media. I had an appointment with a local chiropodist. £28 and the board read "a 45 minute appointment ". Arrived and the person is scrolling her social media. Ten minutes later I am outta of the consulting room ready to leave and when I approach to pay she is scrolling social media yet again. So my £28 supposedly for a 45 minute appointment was a whole 10 mins as she couldn't wait to get back on to social media. 🤬
Yeah it shouldn’t be an issue but it kind of ruins the magic. I remember getting a reiki session/sound healing (don’t judge) which is meant to be spiritual and the practitioner removes the stress and bad energy- I opened my eyes during the relaxation and she was sitting in the corner with headphones in laughing at a Twitter video :)

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
Public account dw- it’s not that nobody is noticing you’re sitting on the treadmill crying it’s that no one cares babes :)
Also could be that everyone has, in fact, noticed the camera and does not want to be an accessory to her Instagram "fame".

Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.