Things that you are sick of seeing on social media #8

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve noticed loads of people recommend a friend if they know they’re in that profession. Even if they’re tit! I know a hairdresser, she is shockingly bad at her job. She messed up my MILs hair at one point. People on Facebook ask for hairdressers, and I just constantly see her friends tagging her in these posts. It’s awful because she seems like she’s popular and well recommend

Reactions: 8
People on local groups demanding the name of a joiner who can hang three doors preferably today or tomorrow or a painter and decorator who can paint their whole downstairs by the end of the week. Fair enough if someone has let them down but lets be honest, anyone half decent isn't going to be available at the drop of a hat!

I once mistake of asking for recommendations for a gardener to come and prune a few bushes in my mum's back garden. Everyone raved about this guy so he came round, gave a reasonable quote, showed us pics etc. Then on the day he did the work, he literally took a chainsaw to some really delicate plants, lopped all the branches off the very new tree leaving a stump then announced he had another job and had to leave! He obviously didn't have a clue what he was doing. My mum was so stunned she didn't know what to say to him. She paid him because to be honest, he looked like he'd come and let your tyres down if you didn't, but I'd never go off a Facebook recommendation again!
I know they always want it done for dirt cheap as well. I know a woman who makes cakes and she’s always posting passive aggressive statuses because someone has asked for a three tier cake with fondant figures for three days time for under £20 because Asda charge £10 for their cakes.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 6
I think nail/beauty people are passive aggressive too, like "if you're 3 seconds late you're not coming in" "make sure you select nail art when booking or I'm not doing it" "regulars only , no new clients" I get its a self employed business and they can't afford for time wasters but some are becoming too big for their boots

• Haha
Reactions: 19
I think nail/beauty people are passive aggressive too, like "if you're 3 seconds late you're not coming in" "make sure you select nail art when booking or I'm not doing it" "regulars only , no new clients" I get its a self employed business and they can't afford for time wasters but some are becoming too big for their boots
I used to follow a girl who did nails on Instagram and she just seemed so angry all the time with “no new customers, regulars only”, “if I think you look ill you’re not coming in” and “I only respond to messages on Tuesdays when it’s not raining but if you don’t respond immediately, I will cancel your appointment”

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
I know they always want it done for dirt cheap as well. I know a woman who makes cakes and she’s always posting passive aggressive statuses because someone has asked for a three tier cake with fondant figures for three days time for under £20 because Asda charge £10 for their cakes.
Our local Facebook group always has folk asking for tradesmen with the caveat of “reasonable prices only please” - JUST duck ALL THE WAY OFF!!!!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I woke up one night feeling really poorly and longstory short tested positive for covid. I had a nail appointment that afternoon so text to let her know around 6am, got a reply saying you’re supposed to give 24 hours notice to cancel, I said I’m really sorry, I didn’t know I had covid until 2am this morning. She didn’t respond but she did a number of Instagram stories detailing her NEW RULES for “ringing in sick” including having to pay 100% of your missed appointment before you could book another one if you didn’t give 24 hours notice. Needless to say I haven’t been back!

• Wow
Reactions: 19
Our local Facebook group always has folk asking for tradesmen with the caveat of “reasonable prices only please” - JUST duck ALL THE WAY OFF!!!!!!
One of the ones I hate is when they ask for a painter/joiner/cleaner/etc that "doesn't cost and arm and a leg"

When sellers state the original price of something on a listing for something second hand. Double points if they also only use the original advert image.

I don't care if you orginally paid £5k for your sofa. If you cat has used it as a scratching post for 5 years and your kid has buckled the frame using it as a trampoline, no one will be paying 4k for it.

People are very removed from reality at times.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
When sellers state the original price of something on a listing for something second hand. Double points if they also only use the original advert image.

I don't care if you orginally paid £5k for your sofa. If you cat has used it as a scratching post for 5 years and your kid has buckled the frame using it as a trampoline, no one will be paying 4k for it.

I'm trying to buy a treadmill and the number of people that post one extremely poor quality picture from very far away ( so you can't even see the brand of it) and don't post any other information is ridiculous. Not going to waste my time if I don't know what features it has, can't even judge if it's a reasonable price they're asking for. In this case would even prefer just the original picture then I could at least look up the model. Going to give up and buy a new one I think as Facebook marketplace is a joke.

Reactions: 4
I'm trying to buy a treadmill and the number of people that post one extremely poor quality picture from very far away ( so you can't even see the brand of it) and don't post any other information is ridiculous. Not going to waste my time if I don't know what features it has, can't even judge if it's a reasonable price they're asking for. In this case would even prefer just the original picture then I could at least look up the model. Going to give up and buy a new one I think as Facebook marketplace is a joke.
I wish I could sell you mine, I tried advertising it last year when it was like new but kept it as an expensive ornament because of the messing around. Someone tried to offer 1/2 the asking price (which was half the sale price) and got in a huff when I said no. Argos and Very do some good deals, I’d only buy on sale because they’re always on and off them. I’ve found Reebok’s warranty good as well.

Reactions: 2
The inside of someone's fridge after they've been shopping. It's been pissing me off for years and the Muppets are still doing it

I don't need to see you 100 yogurts, 20 cans of pop and God knows what else ...please stop.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
The inside of someone's fridge after they've been shopping. It's been pissing me off for years and the Muppets are still doing it

I don't need to see you 100 yogurts, 20 cans of pop and God knows what else ...please stop.
Foods expensive now, this is how they are showing their wealth 😂 gone are the days of unboxing gucci belts on social media 🙄😂

• Haha
Reactions: 18
People giving an opinion as a fact. For example “that program is boring and I will never watch it”. Ok. Good for you. Lovely. But can’t other people like it? Can’t other people find joy from it? Can’t other people have a different opinion? Why say anything? Just. Scroll. By.
I realise I’m doing the same thing now 🤣 and I don’t mind a bit of debate. It’s the “End of” attitude I find so annoying! Like who declared that Sharon from a small town in Sussex had the final say on whether Stranger Things is a good show or not??

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I used to follow a girl who did nails on Instagram and she just seemed so angry all the time with “no new customers, regulars only”, “if I think you look ill you’re not coming in” and “I only respond to messages on Tuesdays when it’s not raining but if you don’t respond immediately, I will cancel your appointment”
This! It's just the way they say it. The caps locks and exclamation points.

"Just a reminder that I won't answer any messages over the weekend as I do have a life and a family beyond this page 😂😂!!"

"Just a reminder that if you select removal and come in with bare nails I WILL charge you for the removal!! I'm losing money because people aren't booking the correct treatment!!!"

• Haha
People giving an opinion as a fact. For example “that program is boring and I will never watch it”. Ok. Good for you. Lovely. But can’t other people like it? Can’t other people find joy from it? Can’t other people have a different opinion? Why say anything? Just. Scroll. By.
I realise I’m doing the same thing now 🤣 and I don’t mind a bit of debate. It’s the “End of” attitude I find so annoying! Like who declared that Sharon from a small town in Sussex had the final say on whether Stranger Things is a good show or not??
Yes and they’re really judgey with it too.

Reactions: 3
Tattoo artists are getting a bit like this too, I keep seeing “I’ll only take on work I’m interested in” which just seems snobby to me, if someone wants a tattoo and your diary is open then give them the tattoo they want?

Reactions: 9

Even worse is when people post something for sale and it is covered in dust or whatever, how hard is it to give something a quick wipe down?

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.