Things that you are sick of seeing on social media #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Anything that ends ‘rant over’ or ‘thank you for coming to my TED talk’.

Couples who’ve split having clear jibes at each other via ‘inspirational’ or passive aggressive memes.

Reactions: 23
Anything that ends ‘rant over’ or ‘thank you for coming to my TED talk’.

Couples who’ve split having clear jibes at each other via ‘inspirational’ or passive aggressive memes.
The 'thank you for coming to my TED Talk' at the end of posts needs to stop 🙈

Reactions: 8
oh and also relatives/older followers who comment on/reply to EVERYTHING with really banal stuff like ''Looks good'' if you post food or ''Darling Soph, looks like you were having fun''! on a party pic :confused:
I commented on a local page as they posted that the little dog who went to work with them every day has died. My auntie who doesn’t even live in this country any more and doesn’t even know them then commented something really cringeworthy.

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Sad face stories about feral teens who have been excluded from their school prom due to consistent bad behaviour. "Me nan spent £1000 on a dress for me and now she's out of pocket". More fool her then. Cry me a river love.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 21
That sinking feeling when Facebook notifies you that your elderly right-wing aunt has commented on a post from the Daily Mail 🫣

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Parents relentlessly posting pictures of their children doing nothing of interest.

There's a whole subgroup of children that will grow up and be able to see a picture from every day of their life so far. That is a scary thought.

Reactions: 21
On Mum groups when they call each other ‘mamma’

example:
‘God I’m so tired Okayden has kept me up all night need a red bull me xx’
‘Rrr you’ve got this Mamma xxx’

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
TikTok’s and instagram pages about parenting but it’s just them constantly being negative and whinging. I get most of the time it’s supposed to be funny & lighthearted and as a parent myself I know parenthood can be stressful at times but some of these people are just annoying

Reactions: 7
Summer holiday perfect parent club - up dressed out the door by 8am for a day full of fun activities every day of the week!
Like calm down perfect Pauline some of us have hangovers most days as we’ve been that stressed with three kids fighting over a fluffy Cheerio found under the couch for three hours we cracked open the wine at 12 mid day “duck off” with your woodland school adventures and toddler acrobats 😳

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
The obsession with labelling containers. It’s ridiculous. I mean, you don’t need to put a label saying ‘Cornflakes’ on the see-through container - you can SEE that it contains cornflakes!

• Haha
Reactions: 26
I saw a post the other day that was a picture of a plate of food and the caption was ‘when your daughter calls you crying because she had a fall out with her friends over a boy and asks you to pick her up and make her favourite food - you do it!’

Selling out your girls privacy, sharing her argument and bragging about being a great parent - three for three of dick moves on SM

• Sick
Reactions: 19
The obsession with labelling containers. It’s ridiculous. I mean, you don’t need to put a label saying ‘Cornflakes’ on the see-through container - you can SEE that it contains cornflakes!
What would happen if it didn’t have a label on?
How would I know cornflakes were in there?

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Oh god yes! This has had me baffled for such a long time. I thought I was the only one! It makes sense if you have different white flours, but literally every other thing is visibly obvious?

And the decanting of EVERYTHING…. I just don’t buy it. We all know they have another cupboard somewhere that contains loads of original cartons containing 18% of a bag of rice, 23% of a box of laundry detergent, and 4% of a bag of pistachios they will never ever use.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
I’ve come across a man on tiktok about a year ago omg he makes my teeth itch. Keeps on going on about getting begs off tiktok at first I was taken in but the more I watch I think what a narcissistic weird man. He got totally obsessed with the smith family then went on to manly family and from what I can make out he is just obsessed with everyone. I’m guessing it’s little man going bald syndrome. My ex husband had it and he was the same a narcissist. Has anyone else come across him ? Tried looking for a thread but think he only has 5k followers so not much a big deal.

I’ve come across a man on tiktok about a year ago omg he makes my teeth itch. Keeps on going on about getting begs off tiktok at first I was taken in but the more I watch I think what a narcissistic weird man. He got totally obsessed with the smith family then went on to manly family and from what I can make out he is just obsessed with everyone. I’m guessing it’s little man going bald syndrome. My ex husband had it and he was the same a narcissist. Has anyone else come across him ? Tried looking for a thread but think he only has 5k followers so not much a big deal.
lnow exactly who you mean! There is a thread xx

People reposting pictures of their child from a year or so ago with “Naaaaaw I can’t believe Jayden/Haydn/Nevaeh was ever this small. Miss those days 😍😭

Or people who post loving birthday messages to their young child who doesn’t even have a fb/insta account. 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.