Things that you are sick of seeing on social media #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
First day at school photos (we’ve probably all done it at least once 😳)
I definitely have, but my FB and IG are only visible to family, so we all do that because we are all over the world and the best way for the whole family to be involved. I'd never dream of spamming friends or colleagues with posts about my kids, because I know I've no interest in seeing those posts outside of family

The carefully staged and posed pretending to be asleep pics View attachment 1368649

View attachment 1368646
Love it when vloggers do it and you can see their arm out stretched holding the phone/camera. I'd be more concerned if someone else took the pictures of them sleeping, that's creepy

Reactions: 7
Couples who’ve split having clear jibes at each other via ‘inspirational’ or passive aggressive memes.
One absolute BOSS I know set out a very clear fb post when her ‘such a nice guy’ husband was caught cheating. No insults, no digs, just a factual account of what had happened including a couple of examples of where his own fb had been lies regarding whereabouts etc as evidence. Left it posted long enough for enough people to read then removed it.
Know it’s technically airing dirty laundry but it got the job done far better than a few quotes.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Anything that ends ‘rant over’ or ‘thank you for coming to my TED talk’.

Couples who’ve split having clear jibes at each other via ‘inspirational’ or passive aggressive memes.
My brother does the inspirational quotes all the time. I want to change my name.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
My MIL who can't let a post go unliked or uncommented upon 🤦‍♀️
Haha, my MIL is like this. I don’t use FB much anymore, but years ago (when she was relatively new to FB) I would be getting notifications that she was combing back through my photo albums and liking every photo of her grandchild that I’d ever posted. She’d also post inane comments like “Fun at the park with Daddy!” and I’d be thinking “I was there too! I took the photo!” 🤣

• Haha
I've just seen a post from a woman who shares all day, everyday, of her lovely little boy crying on the toilet - they are trying to potty train and it's challenging so she has shared it as a 'funny - what is my life, haha, silly picture' but honestly it's annoyed me so much!! Who does that?? I am going to report it, but not sure if it breaks rules, will report anyway! So annoyed for that child!

Reactions: 15
When mothers refer to themselves as 'Baby Mama'. Worse yet the 'Baby Daddy' and they have no origin of where it really came from. :sick:

People who waffle on in their posts... My friend had a big birthday the other day and we were treated to a huge long rambling post about how the house was decorated when she got up, the helium balloons she got (the number, and several smaller different shaped ones) How she had a sash and a badge which she swapped over at regular intervals across the day at the request of her kids (who were at school and would never have known if she hadn't worn it). How she had a tiara that made her feel like a princess. Where they went for tea and what they had, and a personal thanks to all her friends and family for the gifts (which she mentioned individually). I've bored myself writing this post and reliving it 🤣 of course there were also a million selfies of her with said balloons, sash, tiara, badge and food 🤣

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 11
I've just seen a post from a woman who shares all day, everyday, of her lovely little boy crying on the toilet - they are trying to potty train and it's challenging so she has shared it as a 'funny - what is my life, haha, silly picture' but honestly it's annoyed me so much!! Who does that?? I am going to report it, but not sure if it breaks rules, will report anyway! So annoyed for that child!
Shows a lack of awareness on the parents part, hopefully when he's older the lad repays the gesture and posts pictures of her on the loo, she probably won't find that funny

• Haha
Reactions: 7
You can report it ; it's confidential - and it might make them think sensibly, next time.....

Reactions: 2
When people I might know and it’s a shop/carpet/oven cleaning or vacuum cleaning company 🤦🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 2
Clarins adverts seem to be everywhere at the moment! (TV ads, Facebook).

• Wow
Reactions: 3
Clarins adverts seem to be everywhere at the moment! (TV ads, Facebook).
I may have said this previously but it gets in my toys so badly… Adverts for double wear or some equally expensive foundation where instead of investing in a luxury ad campaign it’s some teenager on their iPhone going ‘oh my god guys, can you actually believe it, oh my god, look at that colour match, omg, I’m actually shook’ while looking gormless and open mouthed into the camera.
Makes me want to ever buy from the brand again and devalues it completely for me.

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.