Things that you are sick of seeing on social media #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I hate it when you see on local FB pages someone writing "my son is 16 and looking for a little job, anyone know of anything?" Er how about your son asks for himself?!
I noticed a few in our local FB group, to be fare if you're trying to find your child work, how about please and thank you. I also agree any 16 Yr old asking a parent to find them work , is probably someone you wouldn't want to employ because they probably rely on someone else doing everything for them. Quite often I think parents need to take responsibility for the kids they've raised, especially when that child is unable to carry out daily tasks or use manners or think for themselves

Reactions: 9
I noticed a few in our local FB group, to be fare if you're trying to find your child work, how about please and thank you. I also agree any 16 Yr old asking a parent to find them work , is probably someone you wouldn't want to employ because they probably rely on someone else doing everything for them. Quite often I think parents need to take responsibility for the kids they've raised, especially when that child is unable to carry out daily tasks or use manners or think for themselves
I'm reminded of an incident local to be a few years ago where a young girl went for a job in a pub. She didn't get the job, the landlord said she was inexperienced and he thought her clothing was inappropriate. The girl left the interview and not long after her mum stormed into the pub making a scene demanding to know why she hadn't got the job and to complain how her daughter was devestated. I suspect there was more to it than that but I don't think it's a good look for a parent to go in all guns blazing when the child doesn't get what they want. Surely it's better to try and equip the child to deal with rejection?

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
Mother's posting that they're so sad the summer holidays are over they're going to miss their kids so much... :sick:

Stop lying!! 😂

Poor kids as well if they see that, it's almost guilt tripping them for going to school and having friends/hobbies!
Having done nothing but complain about not having any free time etc all summer

Reactions: 2
Girls doing poses for the camera where they squat. No love you look a right twit looks like you need a tit!!! I'm the subject putting up the middle finger for pics thinking you look sexy. No no no you look a knob.

Rant over

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Does anyone else watch YouTube? That annoying jobs ad with the girl going ‘Granny, I got the job’! after she walks into the house and the gran is sitting on Skype waiting on the unattended laptop :)

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Does anyone else watch YouTube? That annoying jobs ad with the girl going ‘Granny, I got the job’! after she walks into the house and the gran is sitting on Skype waiting on the unattended laptop :)
B8C99870-36B3-4BBC-BB12-1564742EB987.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 11
YouTube Premium is very expensive for what it is but I got it a few months ago and will never go back.

I watch stuff on YouTube in the way that most people watch the TV (on in the background when cooking and cleaning, actively watching for most of the evening etc) so that goes some way to justify the cost for me.

Reactions: 4
I hate it when you see on local FB pages someone writing "my son is 16 and looking for a little job, anyone know of anything?" Er how about your son asks for himself?!
Ah don’t I’m in a group for Irish people in australia and someone posted saying her son had just moved over and was looking for roommates and labouring work. Your son has managed to move himself across the world, im pretty sure he can find himself a job and somewhere to live. She then tagged him in the comments 🤢🤢 I was embarrassed for him.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 10
I’m sick of influences banging on about how ‘grateful I am’ and how they ‘still can’t believe if, it’s all down to you, thank you’ usually with this emoji 🥹

It’s just a simple way of saying ‘my life is so good. I know that, and I put pictures of it online, and then I tell you it’s all because of you, and then I talk about how grateful I am that my life is JUST SO GOOD’

Alright, great, shut up about it 🙄

Similarly - overly sweet, twee posts about ‘I love my kids/my heart hurts/to the moon and back’ shut the duck up! You love your kids, of course, these posts are so over the top!

Reactions: 8
If you have a Linktree in your bio, I am automatically assuming that you have an OnlyFans.

Why. Why. Oh bleeping WHY

Are there so many idiots opening packets and packaging just to put items into a bleeping glass jar? WHY!!!!!!?????

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Why. Why. Oh bleeping WHY

Are there so many idiots opening packets and packaging just to put items into a bleeping glass jar? WHY!!!!!!?????
Annoys the tit out of me. Cos now they’ve got half full packets everywhere as well as full jars. What is the point??

• Haha
Reactions: 9
YouTube Premium is very expensive for what it is but I got it a few months ago and will never go back.

I watch stuff on YouTube in the way that most people watch the TV (on in the background when cooking and cleaning, actively watching for most of the evening etc) so that goes some way to justify the cost for me.
If you don't want to pay (this doesn't work on apple devices) if you skip to the end of a video and replay the ads are gone

Errrm that will be a hard no.

*deletes invitation*
These do my head in. I don't wanna join your crappy MLM group.

Had one girl add me ages ago and she'd hold raffles every week, about 3 people would enter and her mum was somehow always the winner. Needless to say she quit because MLM's are absolute crap.

Reactions: 6
I’m sick of influences banging on about how ‘grateful I am’ and how they ‘still can’t believe if, it’s all down to you, thank you’ usually with this emoji 🥹

It’s just a simple way of saying ‘my life is so good. I know that, and I put pictures of it online, and then I tell you it’s all because of you, and then I talk about how grateful I am that my life is JUST SO GOOD’

Alright, great, shut up about it 🙄

Similarly - overly sweet, twee posts about ‘I love my kids/my heart hurts/to the moon and back’ shut the duck up! You love your kids, of course, these posts are so over the top!
And don't forget "I can't wait for you to see/hear about this but I've been told I can't announce yet/it's not ready" I know you do get those weirdos who are over the top happy for influencers but it's just such a self absorbed comment

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I think I’ve said it before… ridiculously stupid questions.

52B21B1E-617E-430A-9095-CE50F12FFB49.jpeg

Yeah love that’s it, we don’t pay energy bills anymore. Jesus Christ! If I don’t know something I’ll Google it before taking to Facebook to avoid making a tit of myself 🫠🫠🫠

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.