Things that you are sick of seeing on social media #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I used to have someone who would bring me a bin bag full of shredded paper so that I could use it as bedding for my hamster. There was enough to furnish the cages of all the hamsters in the land in one bag yet I'd get one every couple of months for my one, solitary hamster. I don't know how big they thought a hamster is! I was too nice to refuse so I'd accept them shove it in the recycling bin🤣
I was in a similar situation, I mentioned my cats loved boxes (to people without cats) they gave me a shoebox once and I thanks them for it, saying how much the cats liked it. From then on they gave me about one a month, I felt bad refusing so just put them in recycling one by one :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Quoting myself to add ANOTHER useless post by this bellend
Ugh, I can’t stand them. I rage quit the app 9 times out of 10. I would mock that ridiculous formatting they use but I’ve lost brain cells reading that 😣

• Haha
Reactions: 4
The most eye-opening revelation for me over the last day and a half is just how facile the entire “freeze peach”, “woke nonsense” internet crowd are.

All this outrage from people who previously would not shut up about “freedom of expression” or “snowflakes”.

I mean, how can this man not spontaneously combust after writing something like this? The lack of self-awareness is just beyond belief.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I might have to deactivate social media for a couple of weeks. Why are people behaving like their nan’s died?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
I might have to deactivate social media for a couple of weeks. Why are people behaving like their nan’s died?

There is a thread here about the ''queen'' and some people's comments are so laughable, like are you hearing yourself? You cry over a woman that didn't even know you and a woman who was the reason that many people died (my grandfather back in the 1950's had a really good friend in Cyprus who was executed because of their queen ) and so many other INNOCENT people at the colonies died because of them. It is disgusting. The people that cry about the queen are the same people that go on twitter and post anti-racist tweets but clearly it doesn't fit their narrative when it comes for the queen

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
There is a thread here about the ''queen'' and some people's comments are so laughable, like are you hearing yourself? You cry over a woman that didn't even know you and a woman who was the reason that many people died (my grandfather back in the 1950's had a really good friend in Cyprus who was executed because of their queen ) and so many other INNOCENT people at the colonies died because of them. It is disgusting. The people that cry about the queen are the same people that go on twitter and post anti-racist tweets but clearly it doesn't fit their narrative when it comes for the queen
Totally agree! The head of an institution with deep roots in racism, genocide and suffering has died. An old lady with a gold piano. OK 🤷🏻‍♀️

I can understand why some people would feel a bit sad. But the sycophantic outpourings of grief are utterly ridiculous. You didn’t know her!

• Heart
Reactions: 14
"Spoopy" Halloween stuff or, worse, Christmas

Gags about "the Queen was such a devoted wife ... to her cousin." Failings of the Royal Family aside she and Philip were third cousins, how many people know or care who their third cousins are?

Reactions: 2
I don't see what's wrong with either of those tbh. This isn't an anti queen thread although saying you're bored of the constant photos or Paddington Bear shite or that stupid poem is fine 😆

I don't see what's wrong with either of those tbh. This isn't an anti queen thread although saying you're bored of the constant photos or Paddington Bear shite or that stupid poem is fine 😆
Asking someone to stand and film you place flowers at a memorial before you upload that footage to social media is the definition of ‘performative’.

Absolutely nothing about my post was “anti-Queen”.

Reactions: 14
Asking someone to stand and film you place flowers at a memorial before you upload that footage to social media is the definition of ‘performative’.

Absolutely nothing about my post was “anti-Queen”.
ohhh okay that was what you meant, the fact they asked them to film :) I thought you meant the fact they were laying flowers was sickening, agree the former is a bit performative

Reactions: 3
A317A561-1D2D-4ECB-A50D-609AE8F6619C.jpeg

People like Milly need to get in the bin and don’t get my started on this freak posing on social media with gaffer tape round his arm.
39845AA0-7A8E-47C4-B204-18674C0C2EAC.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Some of the reactions are hilarious/pathetic/ concerning, “I can’t eat or sleep, only cry” 🤨 for goodness sake, you just want to do this to them…

• Haha
Guys do be aware the queen was a national figurehead and represented stability for a lot of people, which is why the outpouring of grief. It's not just her as an individual, it's what she represents. That corgi post is hilariously shite and in the spirit of this thread, but I think laughing about people being upset is a bit :censored:
However anything performative can get in the bin like the people sharing the same nonsense 🐶

Reactions: 8
I’m a royalist. I don’t care what others think. I always thought the queen conducted herself with dignity and stoicism at all times. Never got political. I was upset the day she passed. I got upset when now King Charles did his speech. However even I’m now getting fed up with a) the tv coverage. Pulling out for example, a bloke who had a brew with Queen Elizabeth in 1984 for interview is daft and b) all this my corgi is upset, queen in clouds, crying all night etc is waaay too much

Reactions: 5
I’m a royalist. I don’t care what others think. I always thought the queen conducted herself with dignity and stoicism at all times. Never got political. I was upset the day she passed. I got upset when now King Charles did his speech. However even I’m now getting fed up with a) the tv coverage. Pulling out for example, a bloke who had a brew with Queen Elizabeth in 1984 for interview is daft and b) all this my corgi is upset, queen in clouds, crying all night etc is waaay too much
Yep you hit the nail on the head! But there’s a difference between laughing at someone saying their corgi is upset and laughing at someone who says they’re crying and devastated about the death of someone who’s hugely important to our nation. The latter is perfectly valid

Reactions: 2
I laugh at anyone who behaves irrationally on social media. That’s what this thread is for 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I think we all get to decide for ourselves what is valid and what seems like a load of sensationalist performative claptrap.

For me it is all rubbish. The public and media responses are hilarious because nobody, besides QEII's family and mates, knew her. I like Tattle because I'm (supposed to be) able to come here and say that without being policed.

Some people will love all the media and public outpourings and some will hate it all. Some will be hovering in the middle.

I respect people's right to hold those views but I don't automatically respect the view itself.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.