Things that you are sick of seeing on social media #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
keep it to your heart all day :)
Oops. I think that's quite pretty. I did buy the heart beat necklace from that company after seeing it on Facebook though so maybe I just like Science based jewellery 😆. It also didn't have a rubbish caption!

Reactions: 1
Oops. I think that's quite pretty. I did buy the heart beat necklace from that company after seeing it on Facebook though so maybe I just like Science based jewellery 😆. It also didn't have a rubbish caption!
It is pretty, I like the anatomical heart but not coronavirus to your heart 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 3
When hairdressers tell you not to use a certain type of shampoo and either don't recommend a replacement or recommend bleeping olaplex or whatever that expensive shite is called

I personally hate LinkedIn too.. my friend has a solid job and she uses it. Why? Nobody cares what you’re doing, she even posted about her house move on there. BORING😂😂😂😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4
One of my colleagues got a management position for the first time, within our team. Overnight she created a LinkedIn, I read the bio bit and she wrote as if she'd managed our team for months when it had been a couple of days 🤔 Long, self indulgent bio full of skills. She's suddenly added practically every manager in the institution. Clearly she thinks now she is one of the elite, she needs to make her name known amongst them. The photo heavily filtered and polished when she looks scruffy most of the time on real life. It just makes me laugh how she's made LinkedIn her personality. There's no requirement to have one as part of her team leader role. 🙄

The rest of us plebs don't have one 😂

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
Thought I’d watch a few Fb videos the other day. What the hell is this ‘what does an Asian woman do when she gets home’ crap. Plastic everywhere. Boxes and boxes of tat 😂

• Haha
There's a page on FB for our local and surrounding areas to give stuff away for free. This just popped up. I know it's free, but how can you post it in that condition. Surely you'd give it a wipe down and wipe your sides?! 🤢 imagine what it's like inside.

Sorry if this comes across as judgemental but honestly it's just grim.
View attachment 1553117
One of my biggest gripes! Do people have no shame? Why do they think that in giving something away for free, they can get away with offering up the most filthy, disgusting items?

Frankly I don't give 2 fucks about Ffion, Penelope, Tobias or Jaxon's first day of Year 1 - and I'm pretty sure the rest of Facebook doesn't either. But well done for posting their uniform & name on your public profile! As long as you can follow the crowd hey & do what the others are doing 👏

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Frankly I don't give 2 fucks about Ffion, Penelope, Tobias or Jaxon's first day of Year 1 - and I'm pretty sure the rest of Facebook doesn't either. But well done for posting their uniform & name on your public profile! As long as you can follow the crowd hey & do what the others are doing 👏
Oh god yeah, they annoy me too. Same happens with world book day when they all show off their dressing up skills.

• Haha
As long as people are posting on their own profile; that should be private, then crack on. But that bloody family group on FB, that has over a million members, lets posts on there of kids going back to school. Seriously?!? Like yeah it’s nice to have Year R to Year 11 photos of your kid, and you’re proud of him and think he’s great. Brilliant for you and the people who know you. But a million strangers?!? Have a word. Totally unnecessary attention seeking, not to mention how stupid to let that many people know where your kids go to school. People are mental.

• Wow
Reactions: 11
Wow I don't know about this group, sounds just as well! Out of a million people, chances are some will be p*do's surely. So to give that info out freely? And for what - validation from strangers that yes little Timmy is a cutie?! 🤯

Wow I don't know about this group, sounds just as well! Out of a million people, chances are some will be p*do's surely. So to give that info out freely? And for what - validation from strangers that yes little Timmy is a cutie?! 🤯
Honesty it’s crazy but entertaining! It started as a Family Lockdown ideas group but now it’s literally anything! And yes - people just want attention and validation and compliments, from total strangers!

Honesty it’s crazy but entertaining! It started as a Family Lockdown ideas group but now it’s literally anything! And yes - people just want attention and validation and compliments, from total strangers!
Omg that group is Facebook gold 😅 some of the stuff put on there.... don't know what goes through people's heads

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Omg that group is Facebook gold 😅 some of the stuff put on there.... don't know what goes through people's heads
The newest favourite post is;

“My Year 4 son went back to school today with the trousers he wore in Year R, the shirt from Year 2, the jumper he had in Year 1, the shoes he had 4 Novembers ago, a sippy cup he’s had since he was 6 months old and a pencil I had when I was 13. There is no need to buy new things when the old bits are fine. Don’t give into peer pressure or feel you have to spend money when you don’t. It’s just landfill to waste things that are in perfectly good order”.
Gee thanks Sharon, would never have thought to put my kids in clothes they fit in. What a genius idea. It’s like a revolution is beginning.

Next will be “How are you decorating for Halloween?” and “What shall I buy my kids for Christmas?” 🙄🤦🏼‍♀️🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 12
The newest favourite post is;

“My Year 4 son went back to school today with the trousers he wore in Year R, the shirt from Year 2, the jumper he had in Year 1, the shoes he had 4 Novembers ago, a sippy cup he’s had since he was 6 months old and a pencil I had when I was 13. There is no need to buy new things when the old bits are fine. Don’t give into peer pressure or feel you have to spend money when you don’t. It’s just landfill to waste things that are in perfectly good order”.
Gee thanks Sharon, would never have thought to put my kids in clothes they fit in. What a genius idea. It’s like a revolution is beginning.

Next will be “How are you decorating for Halloween?” and “What shall I buy my kids for Christmas?” 🙄🤦🏼‍♀️🙄
🤣 that post caught my eye too , what person has said anywhere they've bought everything brand new ?! Tbh I've done a mix depending on whether my kids need new stuff or not and I don't discuss with any friends or other parents because I don't give a tit either way

I also don't take any notice of other people's kids and wouldn't have a clue if they had the same shirt or shoes on from last year because again I do not give a tit 🤣

She is just gaining likes from made up scenarios

It's like the Asda shop thing , making out other people judge you by what's in your trolley, it doesn't happen

( for the record I get some kids may/do get bullied over clothes but her post wasn't about that)

• Haha
🤣 that post caught my eye too , what person has said anywhere they've bought everything brand new ?! Tbh I've done a mix depending on whether my kids need new stuff or not and I don't discuss with any friends or other parents because I don't give a tit either way

I also don't take any notice of other people's kids and wouldn't have a clue if they had the same shirt or shoes on from last year because again I do not give a tit 🤣

She is just gaining likes from made up scenarios

It's like the Asda shop thing , making out other people judge you by what's in your trolley, it doesn't happen

( for the record I get some kids may/do get bullied over clothes but her post wasn't about that)
Oh my life, that's hilarious 😂 I have 3 boys....smallest went to school today wearing a pair of trousers I bought for his eldest brother many years ago that middle brother also wore (and probably wore for 2 years as he's a skinny one) plus a brand new M&S polo shirt (that I only bought from there as eldest is a princess who moans if I buy anywhere other than M&S and I left it too late to buy cheapy polo shirts from Asda!). So am I a thrifty mummy or a show off mummy, I just don't know 🤔

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Some of the back to school posts are cringey as...
Shouldn't you be savouring the moment with your kid? Don't get me started on those massive breakfasts people have started doing.

Reactions: 8
Like everyone else a friend has posted photos of her child (and his friend) going back to school. The photo has their head cut off / face obscured bu clearly shows their school name.

• Wow
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.