Things that you are sick of seeing on social media #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Love the idea of the Queen using “seen” instead of ”saw”, and throwing around apostrophes like confetti.

That poem is utter shite.
I don't get people's surprise at this, she was96 and has clearly been unwell for a time, everyone seems to be acting as if they had no idea it was coming. Apart from that awful poem half the people I seem to be friends with on social media are acting as if they have lost a close relative, it is insane

Reactions: 23
I agree. Am sad to know the Queen is gone but don't feel emotional or teary in any way like I've had a friend or relative die. Am not a Monarchist but had respect for her stoicism, considering what she had to put up with. Can't do with mawkishness. Sometimes, I think I might be a hard witch but, no, I've plenty of emotion...it's just reserved for other matters.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
^ Even in this very thread, it doesn't stop. Change of theme please! :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 4
^ Even in this very thread, it doesn't stop. Change of theme please! :ROFLMAO:
To be fair it's kind of all that's on social media atm from the usual annoying suspects :) in different guises
It's the same pictures etc all the time, like I'm really sad about it but why does sharing the same pic everyone else shares do anything? :)

Reactions: 5
I’ve got a list today…

I follow someone with 4 sons, looks like a lovely family. She is obsessed with making a point about her being a ‘boy mom’ and does SO many posts about having boys. A lot along the lines of ‘when people ask me if I wanted a girl - LOL’.

Just annoying, because I don’t think anyone decent and normal would think anything other than ‘lovely!’ but she has this tone as if everyone is questioning her (I’m totally aware that some annoying people will say stupid things of course!)

An ex-colleague has become a writer - bitchy comment I know - but her poetry is so bad!! Like a 13 year old at school. She films herself reading it, and it’s just awful. She also has a Gofundme to publish her work, and is posting about it all the time asking for money!!

A woman I follow - who is great in many ways! - has a mental illness, and posts about it in a very uncomfortable way. I also have a mental illness and fully support breaking any stigma! BUT she posts about it in a disrespectful and flippant way. Such as pictures of her saying ‘just stable witch things’ (awful phrase) or says things like ‘buying chocolate and eating the whole bag like a bleeping psycho’ (?)

I just think - talk about it sure, but it’s not a joke, don’t act like it’s a silly quirk and you’re so funny, be genuine.

The amount of sycophants coming out of the woodwork!! Half of them have never mentioned queenie before but are now ‘devastated’. Talk about jumping on the band wagon, are people that desperate for a few likes?

Annoyingly media and television will be awash with nothing much else for weeks now.
And then will begin the countdown to shows and articles, "A year without Elizabeth".

Reactions: 7
I’ve got a list today…

I follow someone with 4 sons, looks like a lovely family. She is obsessed with making a point about her being a ‘boy mom’ and does SO many posts about having boys. A lot along the lines of ‘when people ask me if I wanted a girl - LOL’.

Just annoying, because I don’t think anyone decent and normal would think anything other than ‘lovely!’ but she has this tone as if everyone is questioning her (I’m totally aware that some annoying people will say stupid things of course!)

An ex-colleague has become a writer - bitchy comment I know - but her poetry is so bad!! Like a 13 year old at school. She films herself reading it, and it’s just awful. She also has a Gofundme to publish her work, and is posting about it all the time asking for money!!

A woman I follow - who is great in many ways! - has a mental illness, and posts about it in a very uncomfortable way. I also have a mental illness and fully support breaking any stigma! BUT she posts about it in a disrespectful and flippant way. Such as pictures of her saying ‘just stable witch things’ (awful phrase) or says things like ‘buying chocolate and eating the whole bag like a bleeping psycho’ (?)

I just think - talk about it sure, but it’s not a joke, don’t act like it’s a silly quirk and you’re so funny, be genuine.
That seems so backward, the idea that you would be disappointed because you don't have children of your sex? That said I have seen the same at gender reveal parties (usually with men) who seem disappointed at the result

Reactions: 3
That absolutely insipid murphy sketches IG account. Especially that picture of Elizabeth and Phillip he/she was blatantly working on before the poor cow was even dead.

• Heart
I’ve got a list today…

i know a few people like that and they all say the same thing, except i know 2 of them were desperate for a girl after 2/3 boys so its a lot of over compensation on their behalf i think.

Reactions: 3
One of my biggest gripes! Do people have no shame? Why do they think that in giving something away for free, they can get away with offering up the most filthy, disgusting items?
This is not a joke: Earlier this week I saw someone actually trying to give away *bags of shredded paper* in a WhatsApp giving/buy nothing group I’m in… I thought, fgs just put it in the green (grey?) bin! 🤦🏻‍♀️

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 5
  • People filming themselves doing inane, every day things - I follow a few Peloton related insta accounts so my explore page is pretty fitness related, I've just opened and someone has uploaded a full on reel of themselves on the bike just singing at the camera?! I'm dripping in sweat looking like a tomato when I'm exercising, noone wants to see that!
  • People posting how they're sobbing about the Queen dying. I get that everyone deals with grieve in different ways, but really, sobbing regularly? It's sad, she's been a constant just *there* for everyone, like a great aunt you don't really see but don't see why people are posting about how distraught they are online.

Reactions: 6
oh yeh for sure, its just all the arse licking of their own arses that they do is whats annoying. Like they want a pat on the back for working a standard 9-5 job 😫

Also tit like this is m, Linkedin is absolutely NOT the place for this kind of tit, the persons role is Will writing but we don’t need all the details of her life breakdown 🫣
Quoting myself to add ANOTHER useless post by this bellend

Attachments

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 6
LinkedIn are going to have a real issue if they let it become like Facebook, full of junk

Reactions: 7
Nothing to do with why its on a networking site, just attention seeking at its finest.

i posted her divorce meltdown earlier threads i think 🤣🤣

but anyways this was the continuation of the drivel
Lol....I wish I hadn't asked! 😬🤮

• Haha
Reactions: 2
This is not a joke: Earlier this week I saw someone actually trying to give away *bags of shredded paper* in a WhatsApp giving/buy nothing group I’m in… I thought, fgs just put it in the green (grey?) bin! 🤦🏻‍♀️
I used to have someone who would bring me a bin bag full of shredded paper so that I could use it as bedding for my hamster. There was enough to furnish the cages of all the hamsters in the land in one bag yet I'd get one every couple of months for my one, solitary hamster. I don't know how big they thought a hamster is! I was too nice to refuse so I'd accept them shove it in the recycling bin🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.