Things that you are sick of seeing on social media #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don't recognise autumn until 21st September. It is summer until then. Lots of people I know are hailing the end of summer and are counting down to Spooky Season and Christmas. Ugh.

Reactions: 14
That horrendous poem that goes “Christmas in heaven, and what do they do? They come down to earth to spend it with you.”

I bleeping hope not! I don’t want my long-dead cantankerous old Nan and my n uncle coming back thanks.

Sentimental rubbish.

• Haha
Reactions: 33
Fed up of seeing parenting influencers talking about mum guilt about not doing enough stuff over the summer holidays even though they’ve showed themselves on 1927383 holidays, the gifted days out and other freebies they’ve been given 🤬

Reactions: 22
Facebook is becoming almost unusable. Tonight I've had to delete about 20 ads or suggested content before I came across anything that an actual friend or group I follow has posted. It suggests videos I might be interested because I've viewed something similar... No I haven't, I've scrolled past a video that I couldn't help seeing and now you're bombarding me with more! Why do I want to watch tit videos of people having their hair cut with a meat cleaver? Or making tit crafts out of molten aluminum? There's also been a lot of newspaper style cartoon strips lately and I don't know what I've done to see those! I haven't liked a single one of them but yet Facebook seems to think I love them!

Last edited:
Reactions: 25
Facebook is becoming almost unusable. Tonight I've had to delete about 20 ads or suggested content before I came across anything that an stall friend or group I follow has posted. It suggests videos I might be interested because I've viewed something similar... No I haven't, I've scrolled past a video that I couldn't help seeing and now you're bombarding me with more! Why do I want to watch tit videos of people having their hair cut with a meat cleaver? Or making tit crafts out of molten aluminum? There's also been a lot of newspaper style cartoon strips lately and I don't know what I've done to see those! I haven't liked a single one of them but yet Facebook seems to think I love them!
It’s basically why it went downhill and LinkedIn is becoming the same 🙄

Reactions: 5
The odd time I go on Facebook these days there is literally nothing of note. Most people I think have given up.

But the true windup is Instagram 👍

Reactions: 5
It’s basically why it went downhill and LinkedIn is becoming the same 🙄
The hate I have for linkedin is another level!

Everyone is so smug on there and the cringe stuff they post is all bullshit, ‘oh i’m soooo lucky to be working for so and so company blah blah’

Jusy duck off you know you hate it but you habe to chat tit on there 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 9
The hate I have for linkedin is another level!

Everyone is so smug on there and the cringe stuff they post is all bullshit, ‘oh i’m soooo lucky to be working for so and so company blah blah’

Jusy duck off you know you hate it but you habe to chat tit on there 🤣
They're looking for another job. Plain as day.

Reactions: 2
They're looking for another job. Plain as day.
oh yeh for sure, its just all the arse licking of their own arses that they do is whats annoying. Like they want a pat on the back for working a standard 9-5 job 😫

Also tit like this is m, Linkedin is absolutely NOT the place for this kind of tit, the persons role is Will writing but we don’t need all the details of her life breakdown 🫣

Attachments

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 11
TikTok is basically becoming a teleshopping platform. Every time I scroll my fyp some begging twats live pops up flogging overpriced tat. duck off

Reactions: 6
Screenshot_2022-09-04-11-48-17-78~2.jpg

Talking of Facebook. A journalist I know posted this... And his posts are always full of spelling mistakes too.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
There's a page on FB for our local and surrounding areas to give stuff away for free. This just popped up. I know it's free, but how can you post it in that condition. Surely you'd give it a wipe down and wipe your sides?! 🤢 imagine what it's like inside.

Sorry if this comes across as judgemental but honestly it's just grim.
Screenshot_20220904-115232_Facebook.jpg

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
Online debates that get heated and someone says “you should go outside and touch grass” or “have you been outside to touch grass today”

duck off you condescending twit. It’s usually when they’re losing the argument as well.

I feel like commenting “yeah I have actually and I realised that you are still an asshole”

• Haha
Reactions: 16
oh yeh for sure, its just all the arse licking of their own arses that they do is whats annoying. Like they want a pat on the back for working a standard 9-5 job 😫

Also tit like this is m, Linkedin is absolutely NOT the place for this kind of tit, the persons role is Will writing but we don’t need all the details of her life breakdown 🫣
i'd love to be able to point you to a Recruitment Consultant in a neighbouring town who posts the most unprofessional stuff on LinkedIn.. always moaning especially about her candidates and their behaviour. I am not looking for work and already had the measure of how arsey they were because they deemed me as living too far from them tho I am only a 10 min tube ride away but if I was looking there is no way I'd ever want to get mixed up with them . She must be a delight to interact with.

I think people see it as Facebook rather than a professional networking tool

Perhaps this isn't the right place to ask, bur what sort of content does Twitter remove in your experience? It seems so random to me. Stuff I consider bad enough to require discipline remains unchecked. A recent example, there was a pile on of a young woman and I reported a reply to the OP suggesting he share her real name, number and address to his followers and that he'd personally 'sort her out'. Twitter decided against taking action. I know the likelihood of OP sharing info was probably fairly low, but it's not non-existent either and what good is it acting after private info has been shared? 🤨 Would they have acted if I had been the target and reported it myself? Does it only count as rule breaking if the one holding the info threatens to share it?

Reactions: 1
Perhaps this isn't the right place to ask, bur what sort of content does Twitter remove in your experience? It seems so random to me. Stuff I consider bad enough to require discipline remains unchecked. A recent example, there was a pile on of a young woman and I reported a reply to the OP suggesting he share her real name, number and address to his followers and that he'd personally 'sort her out'. Twitter decided against taking action. I know the likelihood of OP sharing info was probably fairly low, but it's not non-existent either and what good is it acting after private info has been shared? 🤨 Would they have acted if I had been the target and reported it myself? Does it only count as rule breaking if the one holding the info threatens to share it?
Don’t know about Twitter as I don’t have an account. However on Fb my daughter got a 30 day ban and told if she did it again she’d be off for saying “boys doing what boys do”about her friends 2 sons getting muddy. However I wrote on Fb I was actually looking forward to the jubilee and a woman wrote a comment under mine about how I was a ‘stupid cow and the queen was a lizard’ so I laughed. She then wrote a another vile comment about my grandkids and then sent a private message calling me a ‘fat ugly witch and she was going to ‘find me and knock sense into me’. I reported it to Fb and they said it was ok. Makes no sense

• Wow
Reactions: 8
Don’t know about Twitter as I don’t have an account. However on Fb my daughter got a 30 day ban and told if she did it again she’d be off for saying “boys doing what boys do”about her friends 2 sons getting muddy. However I wrote on Fb I was actually looking forward to the jubilee and a woman wrote a comment under mine about how I was a ‘stupid cow and the queen was a lizard’ so I laughed. She then wrote a another vile comment about my grandkids and then sent a private message calling me a ‘fat ugly witch and she was going to ‘find me and knock sense into me’. I reported it to Fb and they said it was ok. Makes no sense
Absolutely bizarre. And what a vile woman. xx

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.