Things that you are sick of seeing on social media #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
people who take their tiny infant toddlers on holiday full stop. someone I know has taken her child on a jolly to the USA. She is a single parent and does not have any family or connections there. She took this kid on a long haul flight to Boston and then a few other flights hopping about the country. Boston is somewhere I used to fly to regularly and believe me if someone took their brat on there especially without good reason I would be livid. Not only does a child that small not need a holiday especially when you consider they will remember nothing, you are potentially ruining that flight for literally HUNDREDS of people.

Besides the above also the kid is pig ugly so posting a zillion pics of a child who looks like she's balding with a massive forehead and dodgy teeth is going to spam a lot of people's feeds. Just because you love your kid doesnt mean we are all going to and think it's beautiful..
Attitudes like this and a total misunderstanding of what stimulates children, what they get enjoyment from. Thinking an adult doesn’t have the right to share an experience with their child because they’re a single parent, judging a single parent, making assumptions about people financial situations, assumptions about their connections overseas, assumptions of any kind on someone else’s Motivations, suggesting holidays can only be taken by working people … etc etc. Also adults thinking they have a right to dictate how other people parent or a right to control others for their own comfort. You buy your seat in the plane only, want no kids, buy theall.
Judging a child’s looks, suggesting they shouldn’t share pictures with their loved friends because it will spam feeds like there isn’t an option to snooze or unfollow.
Often people moaning about pictures of kids being spam are the ones happy to share all sorts of tit that they believe to be important themselves.

Incidentally I’ve flights ruined by a very elderly person shitting themselves in their seat, drunk 20 year olds causing absolute carnage, some bleep of a woman who thought it was ok to kick the back of my seat constantly and put her feet up on it so they touched my head, shakey leg syndrome, a middle aged man who refused to get out of my seat because he wanted to sit next to his wife by hadnt paid for so expected me to sit separately from my partner, a lady with horrific BO, a ‘spreader’ who encroached into my seat…. I’ve had a few infants crying for 20 minutes or so being a bit of a pain because I’m in an adjacent seat but I’ve never known them to ‘ruin’ a long haul flight especially for ‘hundreds’.You don’t know what’s happening at the front of the plane from the back and to suggest one child can ruin a whole flight for hundreds is just silly.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
I would also add that just because the child won't remember the holiday, doesn't mean they're not learning from the experience. So much development occurs in the very early years and even though we don't remember it, it has a huge impact.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I would also add that just because the child won't remember the holiday, doesn't mean they're not learning from the experience. So much development occurs in the very early years and even though we don't remember it, it has a huge impact.
Exactly. The whole thing of ‘they won’t remember so what’s the point’ is bizarre. They enjoy it in the moment and that’s enough. I don’t remember half the things I do as an adult but it doesn’t mean they’re not worth doing. We do things for the enjoyment, not the memory surely?!

Reactions: 10
Exactly. The whole thing of ‘they won’t remember so what’s the point’ is bizarre. They enjoy it in the moment and that’s enough. I don’t remember half the things I do as an adult but it doesn’t mean they’re not worth doing. We do things for the enjoyment, not the memory surely?!
i assumed the póster meant they should have gone somewhere more nearby ? a long fligt with a toddler (unless you really need to/ are visiting family etc i would say) is not a great idea, i have been on so many long haul flights with babies and toddlers screaming constantly for the whole flight

• Heart
Reactions: 6
[
Attitudes like this and a total misunderstanding of what stimulates children, what they get enjoyment from.

I'm fully aware they can and may get enjoyment from a lot of things but tbh these can be done at home.

Thinking an adult doesn’t have the right to share an experience with their child because they’re a single parent

did not in any way say this

, judging a single parent,

was not judging. was stating her circumstances which meant that because she was a single parent all she was essentially doing was looking after her child in another country,

making assumptions about people financial situations,

erm again didn'tsay this but where do you think I did? Seriously at no point was finances mentioned in my OP

assumptions about their connections overseas

It's not assumptions. I have known this person over 20 years. I know her well enough to know her friend group and connections and who she interacts with on a regular or even sporadic basis.A lot of whom are mutuals

, assumptions of any kind on someone else’s Motivations, suggesting holidays can only be taken by working people …

misinterpretation of the fact i do not understand why people who do not work need a holiday. your whole life is a holiday and I know this because I personally have spent time unemployed or not working and have never felt the need to take a break etc...only holidays I have ever taken when not working and for that matter when working have been to visit friends or attend events. Again in no way did I state that those not working should not be allowed to take holidays and your suggestion I did is preposterous,

etc etc. Also adults thinking they have a right to dictate how other people parent or a right to control others for their own comfort. You buy your seat in the plane only, want no kids, buy theall.
call me old fashioned when I was younger we were taught to behave ourselves and be quiet. Children should be seen and not heard etc... today kids seem to be allowed to make a fierce racket and behave like little demons.. this is not progress. Also it is called respect for others comfort and privacy
Judging a child’s looks, suggesting they shouldn’t share pictures with their loved friends because it will spam feeds like there isn’t an option to snooze or unfollow.
Often people moaning about pictures of kids being spam are the ones happy to share all sorts of tit that they believe to be important themselves.

Yes often. Not in this case though. I don't post on social media because nothing is of interest to anyone else.. and often not even myself lol. But even if they were of interest post a few not thousands of mostly the same thing. It isnt just parents. I have a friend who lives in Paris and is French and when he posts he often posts literally hundreds of the same places he has posted a thousand times before in great galleries of hundreds of photos.

. I’ve had a few infants crying for 20 minutes or so being a bit of a pain because I’m in an adjacent seat but I’ve never known them to ‘ruin’ a long haul flight especially for ‘hundreds’.You don’t know what’s happening at the front of the plane from the back and to suggest one child can ruin a whole flight for hundreds is just silly.

I've been on a long haul overnight flight from New York where a baby at the back of the plane screamed so loudly all night so that nobody and I repeat nobody unless they had taken strong sedatives got any sleep.so no not just silly

Reactions: 3
Again it's not an assumption. I am on her FB and she is always posting about how much her parents love her child and spending time with her..
Lots of grandparents love spending time with grandchildren but caring for them 24/7 whilst the parent is on holiday is a different ball game.

Reactions: 8
Things I’m sick of seeing on social media:

people complaining about kids.
The child-free hive mind on Reddit is quite scary, they're as bad as the incels.

(Not a knock to you Lydia, the Reddit groups are beyond anything you've said.)

• Wow
Reactions: 3
The child-free hive mind on Reddit is quite scary, they're as bad as the incels.

(Not a knock to you Lydia, the Reddit groups are beyond anything you've said.)
I don’t have kids by the way, and I have zero interest in them, but I’m just not arsed that especially the young ones cry and get fussy.

Parents can be absolute knobhead a but it’s not the kids fault, I’ve been in some vile childfree groups

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I don’t have kids by the way, and I have zero interest in them, but I’m just not arsed that especially the young ones cry and get fussy.

Parents can be absolute knobhead a but it’s not the kids fault
Exactly, fundamentally it's the parents who are the ones at any fault. Kids reflect what they see daily.

The long haul flight scenario is a good example of this, some kids would be fine and keep themselves occupied or sleep, some might cause other passengers a disturbance. Some parents would have things ready to keep their kid occupied etc, others might ignore the noise with headphones in themselves. Everyone does tit differently. Everyone finds different tit annoying. I hate sweeping generalisations that all kids behave the same. There's still well behaved ones out there!

ETA; have no kids myself either, but then if I did, I don't think I'd put them in a long haul flight situ unless needed/until they were older.

Reactions: 2
Everything being an ick and everyone being a gaslighting narcissist 🥱

Reactions: 14
people who take their tiny infant toddlers on holiday full stop. someone I know has taken her child on a jolly to the USA. She is a single parent and does not have any family or connections there. She took this kid on a long haul flight to Boston and then a few other flights hopping about the country. Boston is somewhere I used to fly to regularly and believe me if someone took their brat on there especially without good reason I would be livid. Not only does a child that small not need a holiday especially when you consider they will remember nothing, you are potentially ruining that flight for literally HUNDREDS of people.

Besides the above also the kid is pig ugly so posting a zillion pics of a child who looks like she's balding with a massive forehead and dodgy teeth is going to spam a lot of people's feeds. Just because you love your kid doesnt mean we are all going to and think it's beautiful..
Just because the child isn't going to remember it doesn't mean the parent won't. Memories can be made with photographs to look back on in the future. It sounds like a you problem, going on public transport you need to be prepared for the diversity and if you haven't brought your own headphones to zone a child out or booked a ticket in first class or hired a private jet to avoid your hatred then why should they consider people like you and just not take their child? :rolleyes: You sound truly unhappy with yourself to be commenting on a BABY's teeth and appearance... something they have no control over:sick:

• Heart
Reactions: 12
[
Attitudes like this and a total misunderstanding of what stimulates children, what they get enjoyment from.

I'm fully aware they can and may get enjoyment from a lot of things but tbh these can be done at home.

Thinking an adult doesn’t have the right to share an experience with their child because they’re a single parent

did not in any way say this

, judging a single parent,

was not judging. was stating her circumstances which meant that because she was a single parent all she was essentially doing was looking after her child in another country,

making assumptions about people financial situations,

erm again didn'tsay this but where do you think I did? Seriously at no point was finances mentioned in my OP

assumptions about their connections overseas

It's not assumptions. I have known this person over 20 years. I know her well enough to know her friend group and connections and who she interacts with on a regular or even sporadic basis.A lot of whom are mutuals

, assumptions of any kind on someone else’s Motivations, suggesting holidays can only be taken by working people …

misinterpretation of the fact i do not understand why people who do not work need a holiday. your whole life is a holiday and I know this because I personally have spent time unemployed or not working and have never felt the need to take a break etc...only holidays I have ever taken when not working and for that matter when working have been to visit friends or attend events. Again in no way did I state that those not working should not be allowed to take holidays and your suggestion I did is preposterous,

etc etc. Also adults thinking they have a right to dictate how other people parent or a right to control others for their own comfort. You buy your seat in the plane only, want no kids, buy theall.
call me old fashioned when I was younger we were taught to behave ourselves and be quiet. Children should be seen and not heard etc... today kids seem to be allowed to make a fierce racket and behave like little demons.. this is not progress. Also it is called respect for others comfort and privacy

Yes often. Not in this case though. I don't post on social media because nothing is of interest to anyone else.. and often not even myself lol. But even if they were of interest post a few not thousands of mostly the same thing. It isnt just parents. I have a friend who lives in Paris and is French and when he posts he often posts literally hundreds of the same places he has posted a thousand times before in great galleries of hundreds of photos.
. I’ve had a few infants crying for 20 minutes or so being a bit of a pain because I’m in an adjacent seat but I’ve never known them to ‘ruin’ a long haul flight especially for ‘hundreds’.You don’t know what’s happening at the front of the plane from the back and to suggest one child can ruin a whole flight for hundreds is just silly.

I've been on a long haul overnight flight from New York where a baby at the back of the plane screamed so loudly all night so that nobody and I repeat nobody unless they had taken strong sedatives got any sleep.so no not just silly
I don’t have the time or inclination to explain why ‘being on’ someone’s Facebook isn’t knowing them intimately. Why you can’t experience the things you can in Boston at home (why did you go? Did you do what you’d do at home? Why is she if you didn’t?). How you said “all she has done is pay a vast amount of money to look after her child in another country” you don’t know how she’s financed the trip, if it’s peanuts to her, if she’s saved forever, you might think you do but you don’t know. Why she isn’t simply ‘looking after her child in another country’ but experiencing something totally different and why it would be ok to do that anyway. Why, because you didn’t feel the need for a holiday while unemployed it doesn’t mean everyone else feels that way and why indeed being unemployed isn’t a long holiday. The very fact the only holidays you’ve taken are to see friend or attend events shows that your attitude to holidays is far from the norm.
Finally it’s utterly preposterous to suggest you know the sleeping and medicine taking habits of an entire flight full of people. Did you do an exit poll? Did the ones who’d only taken weak sedatives not get any sleep, just the strong sedative takers? How do you know this exactly? What a ridiculous claim.
I won’t be drawn further into this, you’re entitled to an option it’s just one that says more about you and your preconceptions than the lady who’s out there enjoying her time with her child.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
That particular one you're talking about might but not everyone does. Not everyone has a full maternity leave and even then it's usually only a year. Also some people go on holiday to get some sun, not just as a break from work
We have sun 🌞

Reactions: 1
the woman has parents who I am sure would love to spend time with the child. also she doesnt work so doesn't need a holiday
wow, judgemental much?

no I am saying i do not see the point of a single parent taking a toddler on holiday. The toddler won't remember or appreciate nor can you do anything or appreciate anything when you have to concentrate on minding a child. and all she has done is pay a vast amount of money to look after her child in another country. What's the point?
Some folk actually love their kids.
They value and enjoy spending time with them, making memories.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
wow, judgemental much?

Some folk actually love their kids.
They value and enjoy spending time with them, making memories.
wow really? Because all I can see is people who do nothing with their kids aside from dragging them round the shops.I've only ever met one parent who actually spends time with their children doing things, exploring things. cooking , playing sport, reading, doing crafts and hobbies etc you know all the things you are meant to be doing with your children rather than shopping and looking at their mobile phones while they run rampant

• Sick
Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.